iapetus Reviews

of reviewers recommend iapetus
Read iapetus Reviews

About iapetus:

iapetus is a gallery in Great Malvern, Worcestershire and an enticing website at www.iapetus.co.uk. At iapetus you’ll discover fabulous handmade gifts, jewellery, home accessories, art and stationery created by over 150 rather talented artists and designer makers.

We spend a lot of time carefully sourcing and selecting work for gallery and iapetus.co.uk. We only sell items that we genuinely love and have a passion for ourselves. Everything you see at iapetus gallery and iapetus.co.uk has been crafted to a high standard, ethically sourced, be that made in the UK or fairly traded from our International artisans, and lastly is quirky and unusual - something which surprises our customers and puts a smile on their faces!

At iapetus we also pride ourselves on the service we offer our customers and the knowledge our team has of the products. We’re more than happy to answer any questions you have, whether it’s about our artists, how something is made or if you need help selecting the ideal gift for a loved one.
To find out more about iapetus visit us at iapetus.co.uk.

hello@iapetus.co.uk

34 Belle Vue Terrace

Tell us how iapetus made you happy
iapetus 5 star review on 19th November 2020
iapetus 5 star review on 19th April 2018
Jackie Henderson
iapetus 5 star review on 10th February 2018
Melanie Wilkinson
I bought a ceramic hare for £99.99 as a Christmas present for my mother. It arrived mid December and I wrapped up the box rather than unpack the hare from the bubble wrap just to re-wrap it. When my mother unwrapped it we found that the hare’s foot was broken. When I contacted Iapetus I was told that it was outside the 14 day window for returning faulty goods (the letter sent with the product did not mention I only had 14 days otherwise I would have removed the packaging to check) They did not offer any compensation, not even a voucher to redeem against a future purchase. Very poor customer service.
Hi
Iapetus is usually a quality experience, however, not so this time.
This short review is based on this experience.
I needed to order a specific item, so, I emailed Iapetus a long time in advance to get the particular gift ordered. unfortunately for some reason, Iapetus never replied to my enquiry (made more than one).
This ultimately forced me to order an item that was not my first, choice.
It arrived fine as ever, but I am not quite happy with this gift (ring) for my wife.
As a regular Iapetus customer, I had grown use to just about the best online service
around.
Not this time

Andy Cole
Hello Andy,
Sorry to hear your experience this time was not as you've come to expect from us. We always reply to our customer's enquiries and try to do so the same day if possible. I've looked through our email accounts and we don't have a record of any recent communication from yourself.
Obviously we're concerned we haven't received your enquiry, I've sent you an email from our usual correspondence email address - hello@iapetus.co.uk
If you don't receive it please call us on 01905 28734 as there may be an issue there.

Regarding the ring, as it was an in stock item purchased online you are of course welcome to return it for a full refund or to exchange it for something else if it is not quite right.
We always aim to ensure our customers are happy so sorry you've had a disappointing experience this time.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Giovanna
I ordered a birthday present for my sister over the phone . The assistant I spoke to was very helpful and the service on the phone was excellent. I was assured the present would arrive before her birthday. I didn't know until the day of her birthday, when I spoke to her on the phone, that she hadn't received it, I hadn't been informed so I contacted the shop and was told that sometimes their parcels go missing and that this has happened before. I had no way of getting another present to her. I was told that after 15 days lost the present would be replaced. It arrived a few days later.
Of course you can't be held responsible for the Royal Mail but perhaps when you know it is a present and I stressed it needed to arrive by a certain day, you could mention that sometimes your parcels go missing- they appear to get held up in Birmingham.
As for phoning you for a refund of the postage-I have already made 3 phone calls to you and spent time trying to sort this out.
I love Iapetus - it's usually my first port of call ( either the shop or their web page) when looking for a present and over the years I have purchased many gifts for friends and family. The staff have always been friendly and helpful. However I ordered a pair of earrings online and when I went to collect them they were larger than I expected and not suitable. I felt I was really told off for not checking the measurements on line. I selected another pair of earrings and there followed a huge fuss about processing a refund. All in all I felt very uncomfortable. I'm hoping it was just a bad day but I shall be wary in future. I do hope the recipient likes her earrings - I don't like the idea of taking them back!
Hi Carolyn, Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry to hear you felt your experience at the gallery wasn't up to our usual high standards. Having had a chat with the member of staff who served you I think there may have been some crossed wires (rather than cross staff).

The iapetus staff are instructed to ask customers who shop online and want either an exchange or a refund to try to establish whether the item was poorly described or incorrectly measured and I believe this is all she was trying to do. I know there was a few problems with the refund as she was unsure how to do a web refund in store. I believe she apologised to you at the time for how long it took, and I think her frustration with our system may have come across as frustration with you which again I'm certain wasn't meant and I apologise if you felt uncomfortable.

Obviously if there is any issue with the earrings you exchanged the originals for please don't hesitate to pop back in. We would be more than happy to help. We do very much value your custom and hope you feel reassured in visiting us again soon.

All the very best,

Chris
iapetus
My first order from iapetus was a disappointing experience. The website was wrong about the card I ordered being in stock but I was contacted to ask what I wanted to do about this. The pendant was apparently posted on Monday 15th September but didn't get here until the afternoon of Thursday 18th. The peacock pendant was much smaller than expected (I should have checked the dimensions), so not worth the money.
Visited the shop today. A quick comparison online and found the shop was highly overpriced. Wouldn't have minded if I wasn't made to feel so inferior by the manageress. I shall not be returning.
Dear Mr Donat, We're concerned to hear you had a negative experience at our gallery. We pride ourselves on our customer service and are shocked to hear you've had a negative experience. I would be grateful if you could email me at chris@iapetus.co.uk with a fuller description of the conversation you had with our manager so I can fully understand the issue. Regards our pricing, we believe we are competitive as best we can be and do compare our prices to our competitors. We generally receive 4 or 5 stars for our pricing.

Kind regards,