Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

of reviewers recommend Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors
Read Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

About Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors:

Industrial Scripts Reviews

Founded in early 2010 by a Warner Bros and Paramount script consultant, Industrial Scripts® is now one of the world’s leading screenplay and story analysis companies, backed by major entertainment companies and with over 1,000 verified client reviews.

Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing script coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters, authors and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.

While our OVERDRIVE and Talent Connector programmes hone and promote writing talent to the industry, our popular blog – Character-Driven – educates, informs and entertains. We believe that rigorous script development is the foundation of great cinema and TV and is, indeed, essential – without it, the end product is certain to fail…

Visit our site here >> https://industrialscripts.com/

Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 11th December 2019
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 10th August 2017
Steve
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 4 star review on 8th July 2017
Judith
While the analysis was detailed, I will not criticize your analyst for his scores, but for one. He/she said my dialogue "excels" and yet only gave me a 63. By my definition, an excellent score should be at least a 90. Structurally, I don't feel it's fair to compare writers' scores with the five chosen scripts, certainly not in context, for two reasons. One, in my case, none of them are medieval period pieces, hence direct score comparison isn't valid. Second, it also seems unfair to compare blockbuster and academy award winners post knowing of their box office revenues and awards. This is like betting on point margins of victory of games after you know their final scores, as with the "Back to the Future" sports almanac. I never criticize without a suggestion. First, assign genre-experienced analysts. Second, if your editor/analyst is seasoned, provide percentiles of the script being analyzed against the hundreds or thousands of scripts they're rated historically as We Sreenplay does, or at least claims they do. A reply would be appreciated.
Got some good analysis and food for thought re: characters but felt it was beholden to what has become a too rigid formula/pacing/hero's journey-type story beats, character development and over-explaining everything. I think this approach has led to movies that are incredibly predictable and feel contrived and literal in a way that is condescending to audiences. This stifles originality and does not reflect the wonder and mystery of actual life. This is film as a comforting blanket of safe predictability rather than thought provoking or even unique. It feels more like a business model for manufacturing widgets than a creative art. I can understand why this works for bean counters and marketing depts. Hey, it's pizza and donuts! They have to answer to investors. It's just not very interesting or from the heart.
The coverage did make several useful points about the script that I will incorporate, but I did struggle to get an overall sense of how the script sat from the coverage.
I found a couple of the reader's suggestions to be insightful and a few had me questioning how closely certain parts were read or understood. I also thought the reader was too hard on me when it came to my grades, especially since most of what was said was praise. Though, I appreciate the kind words, I felt that if the reader had so little in the way of suggestions, I shouldn't have received such low marks. It literally took me less an hour to make the changes.
the big issue is inability to communicate (not with readers) with any staff at Industrial scripts.
Hi Ricky thanks for your feedback! I searched our dedicated knowledge base and support area though, and couldn't find any tickets opened by you? Our team there would be happy to help you out. The link is easily found on the "Contact Us" page of our website. Best, Ben
Hi, Some of the remarks, were helpful but others seemed to conform to a certain idea what a script has to be (save the cat formula seems to be a big reference). Also a puritanical judgemental streak, colors some notes. For the amount paid, I expected more detailed and precise analysis on at least some scenes, rather than generalised judgements.
Thanks for your feedback on our service, Manu! We're always looking to improve and have taken on board your feedback. This has also been passed to the individual consultant who assessed your project. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Best, Ben
I'm usually really please with your work and have received many "Considers", Screenwriting is very subjective, I've had readers love and hate the same script. So I usually get 3 different sets of coverage, that way, when a problem continues to surface, I address it. other wise it reflects one persons point of view...and Think about it. Does my script still need work? Of course. The French film Amelie opens with almost 25 minutes of exposition, what reader would have excepted that?
Some food for thought. Thanks
Not great. And I won’t use again. Overpicky on the subjective aspects. And I don’t think the editor was able to see through his or own perspective. The dialogue was probably one of the absolute strengths of the script but rated low. I was able to see through some of the notes and find the note behind the note. A less resilient writer might not have.
Hello, I appreciate the job that consultant did. S/he provided a great synopsis and logline which I found them better than others. However, I believe that s/he was in high critical mode and avoid a part of facts regarding my script. The story happens in three days and I tried to keep the story paste the same for the entire script. Moreover, s/he ignored the key event which affects the story by another event and criticizing me that it happens quite late. But what s/he highlights is not the key event that I considered. You might say that it is my fault that s/he couldn't identify it but other readers got it. Additionally, s/he is quite faithful to the industry standard and brought some examples from other movies which are not the same as mine, even we consider them in the same Genre. However, I appreciate your service and what s/he did but s/he adjusted his/her viewpoint a little bit wider the verdict would be different. With all due respect, we cannot always rely on the industry's guideline. Considering lots of repetitive and pointless high budget productions can support my reasoning. J. K. Rowling pitch was rejected 12 times based on industry standard. Goerge Lucas was rejected at the beginning. I don't want to say that I am brilliant but I am trying to say that exciting industry standards are not necessarily valuable. People are tired of politicians, systems, lost in repetitive and pointless products in a different field because each industry repeats itself and live inside of glass globe separated from the real world. So, your readers must be more open-minded. In the end, I appreciate your service and I hope that you will improve your intranet service and make it more handy and user-friendly. Best wishes, Dr. Adlan Parsa
Industrial Scripts is a good service for new writers who are aiming to receive a report on their scripts, at industry standard. A little too much focus on spelling and grammatical errors, rather than structural scene analysis or formation of dialogue. An average score with higher percentages in areas such as Market Value, Originality, Pace and Production Values... Generally happy with the recognition.
7/10 You say the script is not set up as well as it could be. No hints as how to improve it. You say the pace in some sequences is less compelling. As in "Legionnaire", there have to be moments of quiet, to let the audience draw breath. Continuous Action can become risible. You say the characters goals are unclear. They need to get to Australia with the information like yesterday. You fail to give alternatives to leaving the boy behind at night, in thick jungle, where lights or calls would bring their enemies on them. Yes, analyses are subjective, but they need to be pertinent, rather than a means to avoiding giving a Consider. Some useful pointers, thanks.
Timely feedback but unbalanced. Virtually all critical comments despite other agency rating the script as Consider. Quite demotivating.
Industrial Scripts, Thanks for the coverage on Germania - the Rise and Fall of a Maniac, we are in the midst of a rewrite and are addressing much of your criticism and plan to resubmit in the near future. I am curious to find out if page count lengths in the epic/historical genre can be expanded, do you find that the industry standard is still 120-130? It seems if you're writing an epic tale of antagonist taking over the world, and the early life of the protagonist - the page count can be expanded. Wayne/Tom "Germania - the Rise and Fall of a Maniac
The reviewer did get to the crux pretty quickly. In his opinion the structure was weak. I do not agree but I accept that is was an honest, considered analysis. The Whitechapel Murders is a screenplay about murdered women but the reviewer hardly mentioned this. I thought I was the first writer to portray the killer's victims realistically and in a non-judgemental manner. I will be using your services again, soon, though.
My report arrived on-time. I received 7 pages, as opposed to 4, which excited me and i am grateful, and although the review had some nice points and supported arguments, i felt that it drifted into the realm of how the reader would write it, and the story the scenes they would put in, which can be great and food for thought but i did feel that it was detrimental to what the aim was, i.e. to review the script. Please don't get me wrong the writer knows their craft, but it felt that a few points were a bit generic screenwriting points, i.e. more backstory and building the environment of scene. if relevant fine, but it doesn't always enhance the story your telling (i.e. we don't know walter white isn't just a science teacher, but one of the best scientists who helped establish a million dollar company in the 1st episode, but it doesn't take away from the set up of a teacher cooking meth to pay his bills) Also i felt, that considering the tag line i had sent in, the one i received with the report, didn't actually sum up the piece, and if it did, did so in a somewhat amateur / childish way. I am glad i paid for the review, i don't feel cheated in that way but do feel that some of the focus was misdirected. I feel the review was a mixture of both. 3 STARS - You disagreed with much of the analysis but it left food for thought. 4 STARS - Strong analysis in most areas, let down by one or two weak notes. as i in my eyes was a 3 out of 5 job, but i agree more with the statement for 4 stars
The course leader gave some useful information.
if you're bent on knocking a person's work down, stick to the 2-3-page report he paid for. Who wants to endure an additional 3-pages of kicking
Although I appreciate the advice given and agree with some of the criticism, I do feel that many of the points made were very conventional, treating the thriller genre as formulaic and reductive. I also recognise that perhaps this is the industry we are pitching to, but I would have liked a more open-minded approach to the analysis.
Industrial scripts have a very user unfriendly IT system so submitting a script for feedback took ages. After completing all stages of the process, I then waited the three weeks for my feed back. When I heard nothing, I had great difficulty getting in contact anyone - there are no phone numbers, and users are given the clear impression that everyone is far too busy to be in contact. I finally found an info email address, after which I got a prompt reply which asked to submit the final part of the process again, even though i did this first time around. I did this and then the process finally started to work. My script was responded to within the agreed time limit, and the quality of the feedback was simply excellent. The reviewer did a great job of focussing in on the scripts' s strengths and weaknesses, and fired me up to do another draft. Really grateful for the feedback, but equally frustrated by the submission process
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.69 based on 618 reviews