Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

of reviewers recommend Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors
Read Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

About Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors:

Industrial Scripts Reviews

Founded in early 2010 by a Warner Bros and Paramount script consultant, Industrial Scripts® is now one of the world’s leading screenplay and story analysis companies, backed by major entertainment companies and with over 1,000 verified client reviews.

Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing script coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters, authors and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.

While our OVERDRIVE and Talent Connector programmes hone and promote writing talent to the industry, our popular blog – Character-Driven – educates, informs and entertains. We believe that rigorous script development is the foundation of great cinema and TV and is, indeed, essential – without it, the end product is certain to fail…

Visit our site here >> https://industrialscripts.com/

Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 11th December 2019
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 10th August 2017
Steve
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 4 star review on 8th July 2017
Judith
I first came across Industrial Scripts back in the summer of 2017. I submitted my screenplay I had been struggling with for quite a while. The feedback was fantastic. Not only insightful but incredibly encouraging. The coverage unearthed the fault lines but also suggested ways to correct them. Invigorated, I did a rewrite and resubmitted for more advice. Each time the coverage was carefully considered and insightful. Boosted by the consistent feedback, I entered the script into the international competition, Scriptapalooza. Out of thousands of entries, my script, THE GIRL WHO COLLECTED SOUND finished third. Hand on heart, I simply could not have achieved that position without the assistance, guidance and encouragement of Industrial Scripts. I recommend them to any writer seeking learned opinion on their work.
As an independent filmmaker writing scripts, I've had reader reports from competitions I've entered and paid for a few consultations with script consultants. They've been of variable quality. Industrial Scripts' script analysis is far and away the best quality analysis I've had. All the anxieties about: is my script good enough? or am I a good enough writer? just fell away because the analysis was focused so well on actions to move the script forward in the next draft. The scoring system is excellent because it gives you a benchmark, an easily understandable sense of where you are up to, and focuses you on where you need to get to next. The editor's comments were always insightful and constructive, and they were very generous in sharing suggestions that were really smart to make the script better. The tone of the analysis was respectful of the time and effort I'd put in. And the rate is affordable if you are self-funding like me and writing on spec, and superb value for what you get. If you've been spending your limited funds on competition entries as I was, I think you will get a lot more value out of working with one of Industrial Scripts' editors. Highly recommended.
We did face some problems with the report we've ordered, however, Industrial Scripts response was very good and they managed to satisfactorily solve the issue. The final report we've got is definitely helpful for the re-writing of a new draft of our script. Thanks, guys
all was well,thank you. after yr result we changed script for more, beter quality, try get higher nr %%%%%
I've commissioned two reports from Industrial Scripts and both times I've found their input to be substantial and helpful with clear, detailed advice on how to improve my script.
I was impressed with the professional feedback and suggestions for improvement I received. I have used other services and Industrial Scripts is one of the best.
Great notes! Great Analysis! At first, I went into the script doctoring process VERY skeptical given the high-concept nature of the project and the fact that many writers in the past failed to nail it...but now, I've ended up becoming a big believer in IS's script doctoring process. My point is, if IS can deliver on our project, I believe they can deliver on almost anything. Uusing IS to script doctor my project was the single best decision I have made, period! I highly recommend IS.
Excellent coverage and thoughtful, (and more importantly) helpful notes! Was very pleased with their professionalism and felt they really took the time to go over the script. Tried other services that seemed as if the analyst waited to the last minute and never gave it the time it deserved.
After contacting my reviewer about a coverage deficiency that I perceived, I received additional valuable feedback from him/her. So, I've upped my grade from 3* to 4*.
The best script coverage company out there, bar none. Thanks again guys, will be back soon with the redraft!
Great service, the review was just what I needed
Industrial Scripts provided script doctoring for a feature film screenplay that our company was developing over the past year. Both SDs GEORGE and JAMES were stellar - professional, talented and most notably responsive during the entire creative process. The work as delivered on-time and heightened the material to a level that left our team very satisfied. Would most definitely recommend; premium service.
I recently sent my screenplay to Industrial Script, IS for short, to be doctored. Initially, I thought to myself, skeptically I might add, nothing will change to improve my script. But boy oh boy was I wrong with a capital W. I was introduced to a script doctor named JAMES. We communicated via email. He asked me from the start what I wanted to achieve with my doctored script. I told him I want a 'market-ready' script I can proudly take to producers and investors. And we began working on the screenplay. I sent James my previously IS Coverage script and within a day, this genius had finished reading the script and sent me back his thought as to how we ought to approach the script doctoring process. The doctoring was supposed to take 5 days, that's what I could afford. Do you know, and God bless James, that he went beyond duty and doctored the screenplay in 14 days. We emailed each other back and forth, and when the final script was completed, oh my God, even I had to take my heart off to JAMES. This genius has done a SPECTACULAR job in doctoring my script. From now onwards, I am sending James, through IS all my screenplays for Coverage and Script Doctoring because I finally realize after 20 years of writing that I have found my writing partner. James understands me completely, and that is more than I can say for the rest of those other fake writing professionals out there. Thank you James for everything. A new script is coming your way in the next week.
I have submitted this story to five other coverage services. Can't even tell you how many times I have rewritten the story in between submissions. I have gotten good advice as well as some advice I didn't think applied. Industrial was by far the worst review and for the first time actually hurt my feelings.
Jennifer I am so sorry you were disappointed by our coverage however our "Dry Run Report" that you chose is very clearly positioned on our site as a way to acid test your script, and see the type of internal/company script report writers aren't usually privy to. As described, the report doesn't exist to help the writer move forward to the next draft, per se, but rather to let them know in very blunt terms whether their script is likely to get a favourable reaction if submitted to major agencies, production companies and managers. We have a moral and ethical obligation to our clients not to sugar-coat this verdict and I'm afraid in this case our consultant judged your script to require considerable further development before it's ready to go out to the industry. Our dedicated support hub is always open and we'd be happy to answer any further questions you might have. Best wishes, Ben
The notes are extremely good, but let down by a terrible website submission process that requires a 5 minute YouTube video to explain it, and a slightly irritable (and huge!) FAQ section which warns you against submitting queries that are already covered, so a 14 day response v 72 hours. Better design might head off those pesky timewasters!
Hi Eveline, thanks so much for your kind words about the script notes you received from us. You'll be pleased to hear we have overhauled our script submission flow in recent weeks, and now 81% of clients are rating it as "smooth as silk"!! We're sorry you caught the tail-end of the inferior version, and hopefully everything will be much easier for you next time. Best wishes, Ben
I recently submitted two scripts of very different genres and I was impressed by the separate feedback I received: insightful, thoughtful and precise. Tough to take at times too! But what made the feedback stand out was the quality of the suggestions to help to improve the next drafts. The service was well worth it.
I couldn't have been more pleased than with this comprehensive and insightful critique! The reader was complimentary about areas where I'd nailed it (tone, plot twists etc), but more importantly focused on thematic and character motivation areas that need work. You truly get what you pay for! The directions were clear and concise and I was inspired to begin revisions right away.
An excellent, informative and well run course, and ideal for anyone looking to take this sort of route into film or television development and producing.
The report I received from Industrial Scripts was comprehensive, with very clearly stated positives and negatives. I have much better understanding now about how to develop the script further.
I have just read again, the review of a script I received in August. Initially I was disappointed in the review, but coming back to it with fresh eyes, I see there are some things in my script, I didn't realise were confusing, or not thought out properly. The report was excellent and very detailed. I was pleased with some of the comments and scores but learned a lot from the criticism of other areas. I'm settling down now to improve the areas highlighted and look forward to submitting the new version when it's done. Thank you for your help so far, Onwards and upwards!
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.69 based on 618 reviews