Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

of reviewers recommend Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors
Read Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

About Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors:

Industrial Scripts Reviews

Founded in early 2010 by a Warner Bros and Paramount script consultant, Industrial Scripts® is now one of the world’s leading screenplay and story analysis companies, backed by major entertainment companies and with over 1,000 verified client reviews.

Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing script coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters, authors and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.

While our OVERDRIVE and Talent Connector programmes hone and promote writing talent to the industry, our popular blog – Character-Driven – educates, informs and entertains. We believe that rigorous script development is the foundation of great cinema and TV and is, indeed, essential – without it, the end product is certain to fail…

Visit our site here >> https://industrialscripts.com/

Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 11th December 2019
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 10th August 2017
Steve
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 4 star review on 8th July 2017
Judith
The feedback provided felt like the author was trying to hit his/her/their prescribed number of words/pages. The resulting script analysis came off as being belabored, convoluted, and hard to read. Additionally, I got the sincere impression that the analysis author was not a fan of the (hybrid) genre. I submitted the same 1st draft to 8 different resources (based on a Google search of Top 5 Script Analysis Services) to do a comparative evaluation of what resources I would consider using for future scripts. Based upon a qualitative value analysis of the quantitative number of notes that I incorporated into the rewrite divided by cost, I am putting together a chart reflecting perceived value of each service. Whereas Industrial Scripts is not all the way at the bottom, someone needs to send in the rescue divers, because Industrial Scripts is drowning. Glug, glug, glug. Sleeping with da fishes. Singing Under The Sea. Wondering why there wasn't room for another person on that floating door.
Industrial Script’s analysis has been far away from their reputation and surprisingly skin-deep. Their approach has been quite dogmatic -all scenarios must(!) comply to a certain prescription! Communication with them is also bad: you have to wait for at least 3-4 days for a response to your messages even if that has to do with an email you should “automatically” receive after submitting your project in order to sign up, but you have never received. But what is really disappointing is that they attempt to apply strict frameworks which supposedly lead to marketability onto a purely creative process; the art of writing.
Thanks for your feedback on our service, and we're sorry we disappointed you. Unfortunately your project required a vast amount of work to reach a market-ready level and this was reflected both in our original report, and in the detailed follow-up support process, during which our consultant expanded on and supported his findings with additional hard evidence from the script. He did this, in great depth. Once again we're regretful you weren't satisfied with our service, however we have a moral and ethical duty to provide script notes that, whilst constructive, are also honest and don't sugar coat the reality for the client.
I read the analyst’s (bq9) comments I had some problems with the low ratings on some of the criteria and the overall ‘Low Consider". The overall balance of the 19 pages was mighty unhelpful. First, I can see that many parts of the dialog were memorable because they were repeated back to me over the first 10 pages. It would have been far more useful if the weaker parts were highlighted. Second, the short conclusion told me nothing except "The storyline, however, needs tightened in some areas and perhaps more obstacles/conflicts can be put in the way of Jie and Yong’s release from the commune towards the end.” I am profoundly disappointed. This is a poor IS review. This review is a marked departure in quality from earlier reviews by IS. Paul Gross
Good afternoon, I would like to thank the reader for their work. However, it feels like they didn't pay much attention while reading. I worked hard to build up my script and it feels like they didn't understand what's my script is about, what I want to achieve. It's maybe my fault. Maybe it's the readers. But unfortunately, I can't really use the notes. I wanted to wait for a little to re-read the notes a couple of times before I submit my review. So, maybe I could find a reason why the reader couldn't understand what I want my story to be about at its core and why I built up the story and every scene the way I did. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a reason. Thank you for your time! Warm regards, Jella Erhard
The reader assigned to this script, either mad at having to work over the holiday or outside his preferred genre - very likely action or horror - misinterpreting many aspects; and being unaware that the intelligent viewer does not need and more importantly does not want to have everything explained, took refuge in the rule book, throwing it carelessly at the script. His criticism is so aggressive he can only assume his understanding is absolute, unaware that there are many ways for an actor to interpret the text. He likely struggles to recognise conflict more subtle than kung fu kicks and bullets, and assumes everyone is as pedantic as he is. He left me with the clear impression that I understand rather better than ind scripts how to move forward with the story, and that most of what he said is to be ignored. Of course this in itself is both informative and good to know, but annoying that it cost $160 to find this out.
I asked in the comment to review my language, as I am not an native speaker alas there was mot a comment on that at all. It seemed the reviewer haven't read all the script and the outline tthoroughly , as there was comment about no motive of the lead charcter "Michael" but the motive was of him acting on behalf of the russians. I ask you to review again.!
Generic coverage that neither highlighted strength nor weaknesses of the screenplay and/or its place in the current market
By his own admission the client selected a report type (Dry Run Report) specifically designed not to offer notes to improve the project, per se, but rather deliver a brief, frank, acid test verdict as to whether the script is ready to be submitted to the industry for real. DRRs offer clients a window into a private process they're normally excluded from. Our Film Coverage Report service, by contrast, which delivers c. 6 pages of detailed notes, was his correct choice. We will make the distinction even clearer on the website. The IS Team
This is a bit of a tough review to write... I've used I.S. for 6 reports on 2 scripts over the past years and while the reports are of high quality, on-time and exceed what they agree to deliver, their later reports have caused me problems and it's on this account that I can only give a 2. (If I could I'd have given 2.5 out of 5 to reflect the 1 positive and 1 negative experience overall - but given the money the reports cost I can't really round upward to just 'normal' as value for money is key for the impoverished writer). On the latest script I received a positive report from them and then a negative one on a second reading, the second reviewer sometimes citing as weaknesses what the first enjoyed as being well-written. While we all know scripts must impress a wide audience of potential readers it's not useful to receive such changeable or contradictory perspectives like this - nothing can be done with them. Despite an email to this effect last time (unanswered) a third report I bought came from the same reader and continues to cite failings in the script in a (sub)genre that I'm not aiming for and as such is of no practical use to me, a waste of money this time. So my humble opinion: The reports are of good quality and the writers undoubtedly dedicated and knowledgeable. Provided you get a reader that understands your creative intent (or is at least prepared to respect it) you'll have a very powerful tool in improving your story but if not then you might just get a report that leaves you with the choice of ignoring it (painful at the price) or face fundamentally changing what you intended to create in the first place. I've had experiences of both with I.S. and though I was as happy in the first case as disappointed in the second, I'd probably still say go ahead to anyone considering their service even if I wouldn't necessarily use them my current project anymore.
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.69 based on 618 reviews