Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

of reviewers recommend Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors
Read Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

About Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors:

Industrial Scripts Reviews

Founded in early 2010 by a Warner Bros and Paramount script consultant, Industrial Scripts® is now one of the world’s leading screenplay and story analysis companies, backed by major entertainment companies and with over 1,000 verified client reviews.

Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing script coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters, authors and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.

While our OVERDRIVE and Talent Connector programmes hone and promote writing talent to the industry, our popular blog – Character-Driven – educates, informs and entertains. We believe that rigorous script development is the foundation of great cinema and TV and is, indeed, essential – without it, the end product is certain to fail…

Visit our site here >> https://industrialscripts.com/

Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 11th December 2019
Steve
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 4 star review on 8th July 2017
Judith
More Photos & Videos
I first came across Industrial Scripts back in the summer of 2017. I submitted my screenplay I had been struggling with for quite a while. The feedback was fantastic. Not only insightful but incredibly encouraging. The coverage unearthed the fault lines but also suggested ways to correct them. Invigorated, I did a rewrite and resubmitted for more advice. Each time the coverage was carefully considered and insightful. Boosted by the consistent feedback, I entered the script into the international competition, Scriptapalooza. Out of thousands of entries, my script, THE GIRL WHO COLLECTED SOUND finished third. Hand on heart, I simply could not have achieved that position without the assistance, guidance and encouragement of Industrial Scripts. I recommend them to any writer seeking learned opinion on their work.
Great service, the review was just what I needed
The feedback was very superficial and failed to get into any issues on a granular level. A one page summary which gives broad generalizations of the screenplay is inadequate for the evaluation of someones work who is looking for improvement. I've submitted my work to several screenplay competitions as well as the Black List, and have received quality feedback which saw potential however formatting and story line issues needed to be worked on. Since writing is a hobby and not something I have formally trained in, this screen play doctor service is ideal for individuals in my situation. However, why would I commit to paying between 8 and 10K for screen play doctor services when it seems the reviewer gave generic negative feedback without mentioning any of the positive aspects other reviewers had noticed. I feel the feedback was beyond a mater of taste, my work was treated carelessly and I couldn't recommend this service to anyone. The price is on par with what I was expecting to pay however, why would I make that type of an investment in a service that the reviewer isn't even taking seriously?
Such useful feedback that is equally encouraging, but also critical where it needs to be. Couldn't be happier with the 5 pages of detailed notes from someone that clearly read the script thoroughly as they constantly referenced between pages. Also surprisingly quick turnaround!
Industrial Scripts provided script doctoring for a feature film screenplay that our company was developing over the past year. Both SDs GEORGE and JAMES were stellar - professional, talented and most notably responsive during the entire creative process.

The work as delivered on-time and heightened the material to a level that left our team very satisfied. Would most definitely recommend; premium service.
I recently sent my screenplay to Industrial Script, IS for short, to be doctored. Initially, I thought to myself, skeptically I might add, nothing will change to improve my script. But boy oh boy was I wrong with a capital W. I was introduced to a script doctor named JAMES. We communicated via email. He asked me from the start what I wanted to achieve with my doctored script. I told him I want a 'market-ready' script I can proudly take to producers and investors. And we began working on the screenplay. I sent James my previously IS Coverage script and within a day, this genius had finished reading the script and sent me back his thought as to how we ought to approach the script doctoring process. The doctoring was supposed to take 5 days, that's what I could afford. Do you know, and God bless James, that he went beyond duty and doctored the screenplay in 14 days. We emailed each other back and forth, and when the final script was completed, oh my God, even I had to take my heart off to JAMES. This genius has done a SPECTACULAR job in doctoring my script. From now onwards, I am sending James, through IS all my screenplays for Coverage and Script Doctoring because I finally realize after 20 years of writing that I have found my writing partner. James understands me completely, and that is more than I can say for the rest of those other fake writing professionals out there. Thank you James for everything. A new script is coming your way in the next week.
HELLO! I was exceptionally happy with the calibre of feedback on my script. It was detailed and I felt the reader 'got' what I was trying to achieve. The constructive criticism was not only invaluable, but the fact that it came with suggested fixes made it even more worthwhile. I am not a gushy type of person, but I was super impressed with this coverage and I think making the suggested changes will take my script to the next level. Thanks so much!
A very detailed analysis, and right on.
Opened my eyes in areas where my script was weak.
Noted strong points.
Always suggested positive ways I could improve.
Very satisfied.
I decided to switch to IS after using one of their competitors for a long time, and am kicking myself I didn't switch sooner. The notes you receive are, honestly, the best out there (I've been at this a while). They're constructive, extremely well-argued and often brutally honest, and tbh that's what you need - The Truth. Highly, highly recommended, keep it up guys.
I have submitted this story to five other coverage services. Can't even tell you how many times I have rewritten the story in between submissions. I have gotten good advice as well as some advice I didn't think applied. Industrial was by far the worst review and for the first time actually hurt my feelings.
Jennifer I am so sorry you were disappointed by our coverage however our "Dry Run Report" that you chose is very clearly positioned on our site as a way to acid test your script, and see the type of internal/company script report writers aren't usually privy to. As described, the report doesn't exist to help the writer move forward to the next draft, per se, but rather to let them know in very blunt terms whether their script is likely to get a favourable reaction if submitted to major agencies, production companies and managers. We have a moral and ethical obligation to our clients not to sugar-coat this verdict and I'm afraid in this case our consultant judged your script to require considerable further development before it's ready to go out to the industry. Our dedicated support hub is always open and we'd be happy to answer any further questions you might have. Best wishes, Ben
Excellent service. The Script editor clearly understood what I was aiming at and with detailed notes helped me achieve a much improved screenplay. Thanks!
I've received script evaluations for feature scripts of mine from several other services. None have been as thorough as the one I received from Industrial Scripts. The detail in the IS evaluation was impressive. What made their evaluation especially helpful was that they pull no punches - they give you the unvarnished truth about your script's strengths and weaknesses. Nothing could be more valuable as you embark on working toward a great final draft.
I was extremely skeptical at first. I needed their script doctoring service and I knew they weren't based out of my country so I was most worried about culture differences. But I decided in the end to give them a them a try. From my reading my first draft, they understood my script and even named many of my references. I have an extremely busy schedule and the service was a great help and one of the best collabs I've had.
Extremely quick and professional. Detailed notes with considerable amounts of care.
I got thorough feedback on my screenplay. I was apprehensive and sad that I didn’t get a recommend, but happy and appreciative of the fact the consultant/reader thinks my project needs more development.
The Consultant/Reader is highly professional, thorough, and care about my writing.

Not only was the report I got remarkably though, but the analyst went above and beyond, even correcting my errors.
I am seriously considering sending the project over to IS for doctoring.
the big issue is inability to communicate (not with readers) with any staff at Industrial scripts.
Hi Ricky thanks for your feedback! I searched our dedicated knowledge base and support area though, and couldn't find any tickets opened by you? Our team there would be happy to help you out. The link is easily found on the "Contact Us" page of our website. Best, Ben
The most thorough and actionable feedback I have been given so far. Brilliantly helpful and encouraging, as well as respectful for the story I am trying to tell.
I have used Industrial Scripts before and was in their Overdrive membership for a while. I have previously found their script assessments insightful, considered and really useful and this latest assessment was no different.

There is something almost mystical about good professional feedback, when it seems so few people are able to actually read scripts and see the wood from the trees. Industrial Scripts deliver a service that is professional, intelligent and informed and though I agree with their assertion that all notes are subjective, a lot of them are really spot on and helpful and give you something truly practical to work from.
Outstanding! If I could give 10 stars I would!
My script doctor 'wx5' was full of superb ideas, had great communication, amazing passion and worked unbelievably hard. Highly Recommended!
Clear, thoughtful, sophisticated analysis. Well presented. Timely turnaround. Reader clearly abreast of Industry trends and expectations. Will use service again.
Excellent in-depth coverage from a reader who clearly has a grasp of story and structure.

The best service I’ve used if real development, at a detailed level is needed.
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.69 based on 547 reviews