Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors

About Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors: Industrial Scripts Reviews

Founded in early 2010, Industrial Scripts® is now one of the world’s leading screenplay and story analysis companies, backed by major entertainment companies and with over 800 verified client reviews.

Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing script coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters, authors and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.

While our OVERDRIVE and Talent Connector programmes hone and promote writing talent to the industry, our popular blog – Character-Driven – educates, informs and entertains. We believe that rigorous script development is the foundation of great cinema and TV and is, indeed, essential – without it, the end product is certain to fail…

Visit our site here >> https://screenplayscripts.com/

Are you a business owner Click here to learn about Reviews.io business solutions.
Verified Buyer

Inciteful, illuminating, invaluable. In all likelihood some of the best development notes you can get for the money.
Verified Buyer

Your reviewer was excellent in many areas. Gave suggestions for improvement that I shall certainly take forward with much gratitude. It’s obvious that he/she did a good read-through and thought carefully before commenting. It’s very refreshing to have an independent, professional perspective.

I hope to re-submit in the next few weeks, having taken on board all comments, good and bad.

It’s always the bad comments that stick, isn’t it? Your reviewer wrote the first 3 or 4 pages out of 9, assuming that my TV drama was a pilot episode for a series and discussing why it wouldn’t work as such.

Considering that my stated one-hour TV drama had a clear and final resolution and a protagonist who died at the end, this was puzzling to me! How could it possibly be a pitch for a series???

What a waste of four pages.

There were several other misunderstandings that I won’t go into. Historical dramas perhaps need an older reviewer who has an understanding of how societal lives, classes and attitudes were a hundred years ago. I don’t think your reviewer did.

Other than that, well done. You’re offering a service that is welcome to anyone who wants to write for the media.
Guido
Verified Buyer

In a very encouraging and supportive report, you managed to zero in on my romcom's shortcomings, pointing out things that niggled at the back of my mind and with your help finally clicked. The analysis immediately sparked ideas for solutions, too, so very constructive.
Verified Buyer

The reader understood my story perfectly and provided all the changes needed. And the changes/suggestions are very comprehensive. Generally, the other coverage services will make you submit your script many times and give a few suggestions each time.
Tom
Verified Buyer

Fast turnaround time, and the notes where a lot more detailed than expected, the reader had clearly put a lot of thought into them.
George
Verified Buyer

Industrial Scripts edited my script and improved to a professional script. Amazing work! Good value of money. Additionally provided with Good Notes which I never asked for.
Stephen
Verified Buyer

A full analysis arrived before the due date. But this was no slapdash get it done and on to the next job. It was thoroughly professional and showed a very clear understanding of what I was trying to achieve (a drama trilogy for tv) and demonstrated how and where it could be improved. The revisions will be underway in a few weeks when I finish a current (paid) project.
Steven
Verified Buyer

I am delighted with the attention your reader afforded my script. Not only did they bring to my attention some issues, they also offered very clear solutions. I enthusiastically recommend Industrial Scripts as a means of stress-testing your script.
Michael
Verified Buyer

I am overall satisfied with the script analysis, however, I still feel what is down on paper is the way I want to make the feature film. The screenplay editor supported arguments presented very thoroughly, however, I am not exactly sure I am going to implement the notes in changing the scope of the screenplay originally written. If it was up to me, I would find funding and make the script as it is written. Overall, a very good experience!
Ariel
Verified Buyer

My reviewer was knowledgeable and obviously took their work seriously. The review arrived before the deadline and was longer than expected, which was delightful in both respects.

Definitely worth the investment to me and I would use their services again.
Verified Buyer

A generally good analysis pointing out it's many positives and weaknesses. The reader had a good sense of genre and made good comparisons with similar films that could help in improving the script. Most of the analysis dealt well with premise and plot, but less details on character and character relationship and their backstories. Not sure if these details would normally be included in a general script coverage. Otherwise on the whole, well worth doing and will possibly consider or more detailed coverage at a later stage of the script's development.

Adrian
Verified Buyer

I have had several screenplays "read" by IS over the last 5 years, and have always been pleasantly surprised by the depth of knowledge of similar scripts in the report. Not every comment or idea is/was correct, but the as observer sees most of the game, it is good to have a fresh pair of objective eyes. I have tried other readers, some cheaper, but I find IS are
good value for money , if a little confusing in the types of report available.

Great work, as always !
Adam
Verified Buyer

I've used a few similar services to get notes on my first feature script- the ones Industrial Scripts sent were by FAR the most thorough, appreciative and constructive. I really got the sense that they were excited by the story, and cared about its telling- which made their suggestions all the more compelling. Got quite a buzz and feeling of encouragement from seeing an industry pro engaging so deeply with this project, even at this early stage. Also delighted to have qualified for the Talent Connector scheme- this seems a fantastic and quite unique initiative in helping getting writers 'started' professionally. I also went to one of the talks they host, and that was great too. Strong recommend all around!
Stephanie
Verified Buyer

Really good feedback! I sent my script to two editors (one in the US and one in the UK) and I felt this review was more in-depth and provided constructive feedback on how to improve it. The only thing I felt was missing was, the report did not say whether it was a PASS, CONSIDER or RECOMMEND. Having a grade (or a mark out of 10) would help me determine whether this script has potential or I should start another.

Overall, I'm really happy with my report and will be using Industrial Scripts in the future :)
Rob
Verified Buyer

This was the second report I have had made by Industrial Scripts. Both times they were incredibly thorough, constructive and inspiring.

Both times they gave smart suggestions on how to develop the next draft.
The readers clearly devote a lot of time and attention to the reports making it very good value indeed.

As a features writer/director I think this is the best money spent in the film-making process.

Thank you.
Kim
Verified Buyer

There was not a lot of encouragement or positives points emphasized in the report. But I must say the analysis on the structure issues was really, really spot on and the suggested fixes were just excellent. I bought two different analysis from two separate companies. Both were solid, but Industrial's analysis went the extra mile, avoiding general suggestions and instead breaking down the suggestions with step by step examples for potential fixes. This gives me a huge jump start on my next draft. This kind of feedback is not always easy to take, but boy was it valuable and more helpful than I could have imagined.
Verified Buyer

What a waste of four pages.

Verified Buyer

Comprehensive review, well considered and not always palatable. Useful to progressing the project.
Alexandra
Verified Buyer

The feedback I received was detailed and helpful. The reader clearly had a good understanding of screenplay structure and conventions. It made me think about things I was reluctant to think about when I wrote the last draft. Very worthwhile feedback on this early draft. It is likely that I will resubmit a later draft. The first half of the report provided positive feedback, while the second commented on structural issues. Of course I would have liked more points of constructive criticism (i.e. where I could make changes), but it may be that there was not room in a report such as this or the reader thought it best to focus on one major structural issue. Overall, I thought the feedback was very good.
Guido

Sylvia
Verified Buyer

I was really impressed with the precision of my script report. it both enhanced certain qualities of the script which I hadn't noticed before, but it also shed a light on character traits and decisions that are simply weren't relevant to the story. it was really helpful to have such in depth analysis of a simple first draft.
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.72 based on 339 reviews