Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

296 Reviews

Industrial Scripts Reviews

Founded in early 2010, Industrial Scripts® is now one of the world’s leading screenplay and story analysis companies, backed by major entertainment companies and with over 700 verified client reviews.

Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing script coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters, authors and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.

While our OVERDRIVE and Talent Connector programmes hone and promote writing talent to the industry, our popular blog – Character-Driven – educates, informs and entertains. We believe that rigorous script development is the foundation of great cinema and TV and is, indeed, essential – without it, the end product is certain to fail…

Visit our site here >> https://screenplayscripts.com/

assistant@industrialscripts.co.uk

Are you a business owner? Click here to learn about Reviews.io business solutions.
Zander
Verified Buyer

I had done the typical thing of sending my complete script to friends or old teachers. But any compliments I had received had felt like false praise, and any criticisms managed to prompt a 'what do they know?' This impartial report was great for intercepting those responses. It was extremely thoughtful, thorough and intelligent. They were also wise to integrate their criticisms with compliments so that I still had some faith in the script but felt able to use their feedback to improve my script. There were parts where it felt a little like the reviewer got carried away with reshaping the story, but if anything it was a compliment that they had taken the care and time to get invested in the script. It definitely didn't feel like a cookie-cutter report that had received the bare minimum amount of attention.
James
Verified Buyer

Industrial Scripts truly provide expert feedback that is detailed and concise. They are truly experts in the industry and are a neccessity for any up-and-coming writer looking to leave his/her mark on the industry!
Rune
Verified Buyer

I am very happy with my experience of Industrial Scripts. I will definitely use them again in the future.
Nick
Verified Buyer

A very comprehensive review that's helped pinpoint specific areas to improve in the script, while also highlighting what works, which was, reassuringly, quite a lot. A reality check, but an invaluable one that will massively inform the next draft.
Ken
Verified Buyer

It's been ages since someone had read this screenplay so it is nice to have the creative criticism to move forward. I believe the pacing of this piece is good and Industrial Scripts has helped with that!
Verified Buyer

My report arrived on-time.
I received 7 pages, as opposed to 4, which excited me and i am grateful, and although the review had some nice points and supported arguments, i felt that it drifted into the realm of how the reader would write it, and the story the scenes they would put in, which can be great and food for thought but i did feel that it was detrimental to what the aim was, i.e. to review the script.
Please don't get me wrong the writer knows their craft, but it felt that a few points were a bit generic screenwriting points, i.e. more backstory and building the environment of scene. if relevant fine, but it doesn't always enhance the story your telling (i.e. we don't know walter white isn't just a science teacher, but one of the best scientists who helped establish a million dollar company in the 1st episode, but it doesn't take away from the set up of a teacher cooking meth to pay his bills)
Also i felt, that considering the tag line i had sent in, the one i received with the report, didn't actually sum up the piece, and if it did, did so in a somewhat amateur / childish way.

I am glad i paid for the review, i don't feel cheated in that way but do feel that some of the focus was misdirected.
I feel the review was a mixture of both.
3 STARS - You disagreed with much of the analysis but it left food for thought.
4 STARS - Strong analysis in most areas, let down by one or two weak notes.

as i in my eyes was a 3 out of 5 job, but i agree more with the statement for 4 stars
Verified Buyer

The report we received is extremely well written and goes very much into details. We received a lot of very helpful inputs that will improve the script and it is also very motivating to now work on it to bring it to the next level. All the feedback is very well explained and the editor always added recommendations how to solve problems and improve the script. Very happy!
Max
Verified Buyer

Very happy with my report. The reader went above and beyond and gave me much more than I was expecting which I was very grateful for. If anything, it made me think; allowed me to see the wood for the trees which often become impossible when writing in isolation.
Jon-Pierre

Very helpful and insightful
Rhys Wilson-Plant
Verified Buyer

After graduating film and television at University and wanting to pursue development as a career, this course seemed like the perfect stepping-stone. The course on the whole was a good course and I am very glad I went, because I have taken much from it that will no doubt assist me in my career as a script reader. I felt the best part of the course was the group talking over the script that we had all read and how we'd go about writing a report on it. At times when talking through story theory, it dragged a little because I knew that area, but other than that, it was a great course and something I would recommend.
Verified Buyer

I was completely satisfied with the time frame. I was also hugely impressed with the work put in by the consultant reader - he/she had a firm grasp of the tone, structure and genre of the story - he/she made (mostly) very insightful comments on the material... some of which I agreed with, some of which I didn't. In short, it's obvious that the consultant reader knows the demands of what's expected of him/her, probably as a result of your superior training and/or his/her immersion in the discipline of script analysis. Whomever analysed my script is a thorough professional - I'm presuming they all are.
Mike
Verified Buyer

The report arrived well ahead of time. The analysis was VERY thorough. The analyst always supported his/her points with detailed examples. Although the bottom line was that I had made some less than brilliant choices, I did not feel disrespected in the least. The premise was judged as worthy and I was provided a clear direction moving forward. Very much appreciate the hard work put into the report, and have already submitted a second script for evaluation.
Bill
Verified Buyer

Thank you very much for your analysis of my script.

I found it extremely helpful.

Comments were very insightful and the suggestion for improvement invaluable.

I shall redraft accordingly and resubmit for another analysis.

Gabriel
Verified Buyer

The reviewer packed a lot of insight into the 5 pages I got back. There was a genuine sense of enthusiasm and effort which had been put in, and the reviewer had clearly understood the story at a pretty deep level. They gave feedback which was extremely valuable, especially to the finale, which I hadn't considered. They even gave advice as to the legality of optioning a novel and strategies to proceed with. So much better than the Black List, whose reviews sometimes hint at a lack of effort or motivation from the reviewer. Recommended.
Jon
Verified Buyer

Report arrived a day early and overall I have to say the analysis was pretty thorough - the consultant had clearly done their homework and familiarized themselves well with both the plot and the characters. Although I felt there were a couple of points where the consultant laboured unnecessarily, in the main I was very pleased and I now have some very useful notes to work with in order to try and bump the script up from the 'Honourable Mention' it received to a 'Consider' or even a 'Recommend'. Many thanks.
Eileen
Verified Buyer

The script analysis notes were 7 pages and very good. It enabled me to improve characters, structure, and story. I can now move on to a second draft. I would definitely use industrial scripts again.
Poppy
Verified Buyer

My report was returned well within the time frame given. I had chosen the TV drama series notes and had submitted a 60 page pilot and series overview for analysis and the notes were thorough, very positive and helpful. I was delighted to be given a CONSIDER rating and I felt that the minor changes I was given were absolutely spot on. I do have two minor criticisms, the first was there were rather a lot of typos which slightly undermined my trust in my reviewer, whether justifiably or not. The second was that large parts of my script were not commented on at all, I assume this is because the reader felt there was nothing wrong with them, but there were scenes I was worried about, in terms of their effectiveness, and they were not mentioned. I guess I'll just take this as a good sign. Im now interested to see whether Talent Connector pays off. Overall, really helpful, positive and intelligent feedback.
Jesse
Verified Buyer

Succinct points and excellent feedback. The reviewer understood where the script is going and how to get there.
Steven
Verified Buyer

I received my report within the 14 day timescale and was immediatly impressed with the reader's obvious understanding of what we are trying to achieve with the project. All comments were relevant, structured and balanced, and have provided a clear indication of where improvements can be made, topped off with a recommendation for the Talent Connector scheme. Overall, extremely happy with the level of service and the reader's expertise, thanks!
Verified Buyer

By providing pertinent observations and relevant suggestions to improve script.
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.74 based on 296 reviews