Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors

About Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors: Industrial Scripts Reviews

Founded in early 2010, Industrial Scripts® is now one of the world’s leading screenplay and story analysis companies, backed by major entertainment companies and with over 1,000 verified client reviews.

Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing script coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters, authors and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.

While our OVERDRIVE and Talent Connector programmes hone and promote writing talent to the industry, our popular blog – Character-Driven – educates, informs and entertains. We believe that rigorous script development is the foundation of great cinema and TV and is, indeed, essential – without it, the end product is certain to fail…

Visit our site here >> https://industrialscripts.com/

assistant@industrialscripts.co.uk

Steve
"Inciteful, illuminating, invaluable. In all likelihood some of the best development notes you can get for the money."
Judith
"Your reviewer was excellent in many areas. Gave suggestions for improvement that I shall certainly take forward with much gratitude. It’s obvious that he/she did a good read-through and thought carefully before commenting. It’s very refreshing to have an independent, professional perspective. I hope to re-submit in the next few weeks, having taken on board all comments, good and bad. It’s always the bad comments that stick, isn’t it? Your reviewer wrote the first 3 or 4 pages out of 9, assuming that my TV drama was a pilot episode for a series and discussing why it wouldn’t work as such. Considering that my stated one-hour TV drama had a clear and final resolution and a protagonist who died at the end, this was puzzling to me! How could it possibly be a pitch for a series??? What a waste of four pages. There were several other misunderstandings that I won’t go into. Historical dramas perhaps need an older reviewer who has an understanding of how societal lives, classes and attitudes were a hundred years ago. I don’t think your reviewer did. Other than that, well done. You’re offering a service that is welcome to anyone who wants to write for the media."
"In a very encouraging and supportive report, you managed to zero in on my romcom's shortcomings, pointing out things that niggled at the back of my mind and with your help finally clicked. The analysis immediately sparked ideas for solutions, too, so very constructive."
"Andreas was professional but very approachable. He had clearly read the script and made copious notes. He talked in the inclusive language, 'we could do...'and,' if we..'. which was encouraging and made us feel that he engaged with the plot, the world, and the characters."
"Amazing report - really helped me"
"I was pleased with the feedback I received from my Industrial Scripts reader. They gave me constructive criticism and suggestions to shore up weak spots in my story, along with words of encouragement. I wish the ordering process was a little simpler, but that is nitpicking. Personally, I was satisfied but each reader may offer a different quality."
"The analyst who reviewed my submission clearly took time and effort to do so, with insights and suggestions that respect the voice of the writer."
"This is the third time I used IS. I felt the reviewer dug deeply into my script and offered sound advice for a next draft. This thoroughness has made me wonder if your Overdrive feature would be helpful for me even though I am an American."
"7/10 You say the script is not set up as well as it could be. No hints as how to improve it. You say the pace in some sequences is less compelling. As in "Legionnaire", there have to be moments of quiet, to let the audience draw breath. Continuous Action can become risible. You say the characters goals are unclear. They need to get to Australia with the information like yesterday. You fail to give alternatives to leaving the boy behind at night, in thick jungle, where lights or calls would bring their enemies on them. Yes, analyses are subjective, but they need to be pertinent, rather than a means to avoiding giving a Consider. Some useful pointers, thanks."
"Insightful, incisive, brutally honest coverage yet comforting to know where I stand and with great pointers in regards to possible courses of action regarding further drafts, I was very pleased and the report will hopefully prove an important marker on the journey -- not to mention that it arrived well in advance of the fourteen day turnaround which was very impressive given the level of detail. Industrial Scripts comes with my highest recommendation and I wish you every success with reports of your own."
"An outstanding set of notes, at a tricky point in this project's evolution. Thorough analysis backed up by countless specific page references, as well as creative yet respectful suggestions on how to improve the next draft. Industrial Scripts has a big reputation within the screenwriting world and on this evidence, it's wholly justified. We'll be returning, for sure."
"Great analysis and report, very useful, though the report itself felt a little rushed in how it was written, and need some proofreading - spelling errors etc."
"Not the most useful of script reports I've bought. I sent the same script draft to multiple coverage agencies and this was by far the least useful. There was plenty of negative criticism but no real suggestions of how to improve the script. Other sites gave really useful and intelligent suggestions. There was one or two smaller suggestions but it was massively over shadowed by a report which got character names, plot points and act breaks wrong! (How hard is it to count pages?) I was sick of being told my pacing was wrong when other sites correctly identified the act breaks exactly where they should be. It even got the script name wrong THREE times! This is just shoddy. The review missed obvious plot points which other sites got. It also failed to recognise any of the themes, subtleties or insights. Again, other reviewers caught and discussed them. All it really did was spend page after page making the same laboured point in a variety of ways. Perhaps padding out the report to make it look like value for money? At times the review patronised me without even comprehending the action correctly. In the end, I stopped caring what the report had to say and just skipped lightly over the text to the end, which is exactly what the reviewer appears to have done! I won't be returning to this service."
"The report arrived in “no time” a couple of days after I sent the material, I was impressed! The analysis was well done overall, it focused on the main weaknesses, pointed out to some fragility about my supporting character that I didn’t think about. It made me deeply think, and reconsider what I thought about my character. I am not a fast writer, I have to think , and think it over and over, when I feel ready I go back to the script and make changes. I’m not sure if I’ll follow all the advice and the suggestions my consultant gave me, but I do appreciate to have a lot to think about. The report is detailed, and well written, it gave think and also gave me suggestions to make my supporting character as good as my main character. I loved the advice about avoiding cliché, and add tension and flaws to him. A couple of remarks disappointed me a little. 1) At a certain point the consultant writes that my characters take a trip to Tenerife (p. 7), My characters never took a trip to Tenerife, another character does, and it’s well explained. My characters go to a family country house. Tenerife is fashionable, it would have been incoherent to send my two characters to Tenerife. 2) The remarks on how we discover Elia’s parents died. I might disagree with the consultant, but for this special remark I really have to think it over. Could the consultant have read the script a little too fast? I didn’t require a fast reading, actually I put 21 days. I used consultants in the past that returned to me a report in a very short time, and I found the reports always very superficial. This is not the case with this report, writing a 9 page report is a great job, but I wondered if, with a little more time, the report would have been different. The consultant was very supportive, and encouraging. Position in the marketplace: As I was writing, I though the production of this movie could actually be affordable, low budget, and it was nice to read that my thoughts were right. The report was not blunt. I am satisfied about this consulting service, and plan to use it again in the future."
"I did have a couple of issues with my initial analysis which I raised with I S. I now await the results of my re-submit and I will be posting a review shortly. Industrial have been exceedingly understanding and helpful in this matter, for which I am very grateful ..."
"Very satisfied. The service I bought was a treatment report, and my first treatment at that, so there were things which I thought I made clear but obviously had not. To any greenhorns like myself I'd recommend: in treatments, more is more! Remember the reader knows 0 about your story, and don't forget character descriptions :) Another point worth mentioning: the concept of "logline" here at IS seems to me closer to that of "premise". I could have made my logline less commercial and more detailed. The comments from the reader were very useful, both in showing me improvements that can be made and in reassuring me where I'm going in the right direction. There was a minor issue with the report - a sentence deleted only by half - but I contacted IS about it and they took the trouble to ask the reader and clarify it was only an editing mistake on his part. So the fifth star here goes to the customer service!"
"Excellent insightful notes with some helpful suggestions for the next draft."
"I had a script doctor assessment done. I thought some of the comments were good, but I was expecting more of an assessment of the story structure and how it was working (or not)--such as the interaction of the subplots with the major plot, etc. What I received were comments about characterization. It was also suggested that I have 4 weeks of doctoring, and considering the few changes that were suggested, this seemed way over the amount of time it would take to address these."
"Whilst knowing there was a lot wrong with my first draft and knowing the areas I needed to concentrate on, another pair of eyes to reaffirm and also pick up areas that needed more work was invaluable. This is about the 6th time I have used Industrial Scripts and once again I feel it is money well spent. So much to work on but at least I know what areas are my main focus."
"Fantastic depth of thought and analysis. Extremely insightful. And delightfully brutal on the things, deep down, I know need fixing. Highly recommend!!"
"The best feedback I’ve ever had! IS will definitely be my go to company for Script coverages from now on"
"IS apologised for the slight delay as their consultants were swamped at the time of booking, but the report more than made up for the wait. Detailed, insightful and with plenty of helpful suggestions, I will certainly use the service again."
"I asked in the comment to review my language, as I am not an native speaker alas there was mot a comment on that at all. It seemed the reviewer haven't read all the script and the outline tthoroughly , as there was comment about no motive of the lead charcter "Michael" but the motive was of him acting on behalf of the russians. I ask you to review again.!"
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.72 based on 414 reviews