Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

Based on 660 reviews
Read Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

About Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors:

Industrial Scripts Reviews

Founded in early 2010 by a Warner Bros and Paramount script consultant, Industrial Scripts® is now one of the world’s leading screenplay and story analysis companies, backed by major entertainment companies and with over 1,500 verified client reviews.

Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing script coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters, authors and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.

Visit our site here >> https://industrialscripts.com/

Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 11th December 2019
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 10th August 2017
Steve
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 4 star review on 8th July 2017
Judith
I found them VERY helpful and will be back with my changes! Thank you!!!!
Industrial scripts are a no-nonsense company that has a refreshingly honest approach from its Screenplay editors. The consultant`s report that I have just received was constructive and educating yet still displayed empathy towards my efforts. The transparency of Industrial Scripts was evident at the end of the report when I was not persuaded to buy their other services but just informed of the various companies as well as them who could take my script further. First rate!
Would highly recommend!
I really like what my reader did. He/She showed to me that really care about the script and each part of it. That's important because gave me tools and new points of view about the story, and how to develop the weaknesses to make a compelling story. It's the best feedback I've got from a professional reader. Also, he/she understood the nature and dynamics the script has in structure and characters. So, just not provided a point of view. But, understands why each character exist and each role. Very glad to read the feedback and I'm working on it to make it work for a brilliant final draft.
The submission process wasn't brilliant. What was particularly annoying was the difficulty with which I had getting past the stage where you pay more if you are over 120 pages. That's a fair thing to pay for but mine was 100 and it wouldn't accept 'zero'. When I did get it go through on 'zero' I was charged for one extra page. That didn't fill me with confidence. The report was sent through in 14 days, as promised, and that was good. The assessment itself was a little disappointing. Not in the essence of what was said, but in the poor way it was written. As a screenwriter I'm told to watch spelling and grammar. To make sure I get it absolutely right. That clearly doesn't apply to the script editor who reviewed my screenplay. It's frustrating because, yes, I've learnt a great deal, but I struggled to get past the poor writing and repetitive use of certain stock phrases. I probably will use Industrial Scripts again but I'm not feeling as positive as I thought I would.
I just worked with the Industrial Scripts for the first time and I thought that all the comments were very thorough and extremely helpful. I would 100% use their service again in the future.
I Just wish his correction process was easier to understand and manage. Besides that ok.
Excellent
I had a great experience collaborating with Industrial Scripts on this project and with Emily who was assigned as the SD. She was very consultative in her approach; gave valuable insight, hit all the right notes and architected the script with a great deal of sensibility. I have requested for additional services and am excited to have Emily work on it.
I think it's impossible for script coverage services to achieve a 5 out of 5 stars score purely because of the nature of the life experiences and tastes readers bring to the table. Case in point one reader was obsessed with a little-seen film from 2017 that was coincidentally similar to ours and marked us down severely for it and it seemed to shape their entire approach for the feedback. The purely anonymous process also means that readers don't necessarily know who they're writing coverage for, case in point one of ours read like something written for studio exec who is about to read the script for the first time rather than for writers looking for honing. But, in the final analysis, all of this feedback is still tremendously useful if you know how to read between the lines and Industrial Scripts as a service has achieved that in spades. They're a great service and we also really appreciate the emphasis they put on reminding everyone about subjectivity and even their guides on HOW to read coverage rather than simply take it at face value. They clearly care about their work and they want everyone to be better educated about the industry of writing for the screen and that's fantastic. Website and portals and store however -- really terrible. Dated, glitchy, buggy, tech support resource is not as sparse or useful as they think it is. We experienced a problem where we didn't get a login/password for DevKing and nothing in the tech support site provided an explanation that was specific to our circumstances. We applied for direct support, got a ticket, had it "resolved" (i.e. they gave us the information on the status of our scripts which is what we had originally wanted), but never resolved the login/password issue. After 1.5 weeks of attempting to log on, I was finally able to activate the password reset feature. The website presentation is also very dated, like something from the early 2000's, and its formatting and style feels like a scam than a trusted and professional site. We were skeptical about trying the service until we went through a LOT of reviews. Also a LOT of the various "contact email" points in the website are defunct. AND all of their sample scripts and sample reports are offline.
Industrial Scripts provided highly detailed and comprehensive feedback on a horror/comedy feature I'm currently working on. The script report did take a little longer than expected, but a satisfactory explanation was provided by their customer service. In addition to the script analysis, they also provide a section on the script's industry potential, including its potential rating if it were to be seen by a studio reader. I'd highly recommend Industrial Scripts, particularly to aspiring screenwriters.
very thorough, constructive feedback.
Very inspiring.
Thanks for using our script doctoring and rewrite service Simon, and so glad we could help get your script ready for the market!
Terrific work! The script coverage I received was prompt, comprehensive, thoughtful, and useful.
Excellent coverage.
As usual, solid notes As usual, awful platform. You need to invest in tech peeps, it's letting you down ☹
A very helpful review with really constructive criticism and feedback. The reviewer clearly had read the script more than once and put a great deal of thought and effort into their feedback. The suggested fixes make perfect sense. To us and we agree! Thank you so much! 😊
Your service has been crucial for me! Since English is not my native language, I am grateful for your assistance. I gave you four stars, but I would have given you five only if I could communicate with your team and the people who review the scripts. I could receive your emails but I couldn't reach you...
Great service, would recommend! I’ll definitely use Industrial Scripts again in the future.
After examining other reviews of their script doctoring and rewriting service I decided to take the plunge and ask IS to rewrite my short, Cruelty. As others have said while communication exclusively via email is a bit unorthodox, I do think it adds some discipline and focus to proceedings that you don't usually get face to face or on the phone. Having been burned hiring only-vaguely-interested screenwriters, repped by only-vaguely-interested agents in the past, I LOVED the IS process which is quite different (you don't know anything about your script doctor, for example), but was FAR more professional, streamlined, and focused. Of course, the other big thing is that you have the safety net of being able to hold an actual company to account, whereas when I hired writers via agents before it was very much a shrug at the end and a "oh well that didn't work out, but now we've got your money" type vibe. Ultimately, I always felt throughout that both IS AND their script doctor were really invested in delivering for me. If you're struggling with a script, then, and have a bit of budget to really move the needle, I'd highly recommend IS' rewrite service.
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.7 based on 660 reviews