Loot Crate Reviews

4PM
4PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Loot Crate deliver?

How can I contact Loot Crate?

elijah.hurwitz@lootcrate.com

3401 Pasadena Ave

Category:
Monthly Box Delivering Co's.

Tell us how Loot Crate made you happy

"Loot crate was cool, I ordered the Sanrio box and my girlfriend loved it and for the price it wasn’t bad. Currently moving so I wanted to cancel my subscription and they did it easily but I was already charged for it. The lady said she’ll refund me and that I’ll take 3-5 days until my refund was processed. It’s 3 weeks today and it’s so frustrating they don’t even have a phone number to call so it’s all email tag..."
Are you Loot Crate? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"The stuff is cool but every crate except one has been super late. The communication about it is lacking and unfortunately when my subscription is up im pretty sure i wont renew."
"The shipping is never on time, the Items are cheaply made, You can never get a hold of customer service for anything, also when needing to change your password an email is supposed to be sent within a couple minutes, but it never shows up. There are better crates you can get that ship out the same stuff. I don't recommend loot crate, try My Geek Box or something in that category. Loot crate is just junk and has junk employees."
"It took a month to get what I ordered sent out. I bought it for my husband’s birthday. Ordered it on the 3rd and today is the 26th. His birthday was 10 days ago. I won’t recommend them. I’ll be telling friends and family about a very disappointing experience and buying from one of their competitors."
"Their overseas shipping for Asia is totally unreliable and slow. By the time the parcel has been confirmed missing, the replacement crate already ran out and you have no choice but to accept the "next crate is free" consolation. Then, the next crate also doesn't arrive and it becomes a vicious cycle."
"The box I ordered took two months to get to me, and it was missing one of the items I was supposed to get. It automatically subscribed me to next month's box which also didn't get to me until the next month, and I cancelled my subscription since I only wanted the first box. I was originally getting a box because it had God of War merch in it, but the only thing that was about God of War was a single print. It was all over very disappointing and frustrating to wait to get my money's worth of stuff that wasn't even that good and I was missing an item."
"It's customer support. I ask questions and when I do get an answer, typically 2 days later, it is unrelated to my original question or issue. This has been happening for quite some time. I recently asked about my digital comic codes and their reply was about t-shirts."
"Ordered the August package, was set to be delivered by September 10th at the latest. Apparently there was some kind of manufactuting issue with the item so they pushed the arrival date back. It is currently October 5. Aka 25 days late. I just recieved the package and the item that had the issue is STILL not in the crate. I got like 5/6 items and a letter saying that the other item will be shipped separately. It took them 25 days to still fail to deliver the items i asked for. But here's the best part, i actually bought a second crate from them on the same day (the one i was actually interested in) the god of war crate. Cost me $60 and was supposed to arrive sometime before September ended. Apparently there's a manufacturing issue with that package as well so that one is also late. Two separate crates but both apparently have the same issue. I really wanted to like loot crate and become a regular user but after this experience it's unlikely I'll ever use this service again."
"Only signed up in July - turned over month late, had to chase for updates. When product arrived was missing an item (which meant full delivery of crate delayed further) + bonus crate that was advertised still hasn't been delivered. Payment auto rolled for next month which has been delayed yet again, chasing for updates and only being told shipping in september. This then changed to late september. Even with what I paid for do not believe so far have received value for money. Will be cancelling this as doesn't seem worth it or worth time and hassle trying to get updates."
"The shirt sizes are completely off. They sent some awesome shirts but when I changed my size they did not. I received 6 crates with 6 shirts that I cannot wear. I complained about the first and talked with a customer service representative but nothing came of that. I will not buy again. The shirt Is the best part too."
"Like many other subscribers, I am disappointed with Loot Crate. I purchased this subscription as a gift for my boyfriend and when I look at every box he's received, it overwhelms me how pretentious this company is. Many subscribers are avid fans and collectors, like my boyfriend, who appreciate rare, good-quality items that match their interests. For his last box, he received the following: a She-Hulk baseball shirt, a Black Widow book, a Squirrel Girl Sketchbook, a Wasp bookmark, and a Kamala Khan Enamel Pin. All items are cheaply made, not worthy of collecting, and honestly, are seriously boring. All-in-all, Loot Crate ripped us off, especially since the items are so cheap compared to how expensive the subscription is. The worst part is that my boyfriend got me an amazing gift last Christmas and mine turned out to be a whopping disappointment. [When I emailed the company, I received the following response: "Thank you for the followup and we're glad that you received the #11 July Marvel crate. However, we are sorry to hear you didn’t connect with the theme or the items inside does not meet your expectation. Our team works long and hard to curate a crate each month that we hope everyone will love, but we understand we aren’t going to hit the nail for all our Looters. As of the moment, we don't have the option to change/trade the items inside the crate or return the crate for a refund. I've also forwarded your feedback to the appropriate team to improve the items inside the crate and to match the expectation from our looters. We listen closely and appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you thought of this month's crate. Once again, we apologize for the trouble." This is clearly a generic response that holds no promise of improvement. Assuming that Loot Crate employees know that subscribers are likely people who have a deep interest in the Marvel franchise, it's saddening to receive such an indifferent response.]"
"Very annoyed with the shipping time. First they told me it would arrive between the 1 and 10th. Now they're saying the 10th and 20th. Now I've paid for it over a month ago and it still hasn't even been shipped! Stupid company. Will never subscribe to another box again."
"Occasionally you will get a gem among otherwise boring/useless stuff. BUT. The exclusive content via the pins has been slashed recently, which is frustrating. And considering a lot of promos include nerdy versions of things that can be used (stationary, kitchen gear, etc), there is WAY more in boxes that is straight up figurines - a poor ratio at least. T-shirt designs are also boring as hell - considering the amazing t-shirt art out there, it's pretty poor. Also, if live outside the US? LOL, you're screwed! Prepare for missing boxes, 6-8 weeks (OR MORE) waiting for boxes to arrive. Tracking is non existent. And the help desk doesn't give a stuff. If you really want nerdy crates, I've had much better luck with stuff through cratejoy (though there is lots of variation there), and NerdyPost has a good service, and items that are *actually* unique for the appropriate themes."
"Signed up for the Firefly cargo crate. It was great at first: Excellent value, great items, and fairly regular delivery. Then the delays. And the diminishing value of the items received in the crates. It’s like a scam. You pay $40 to $50 per period & receive a package. But when the frequency drops from one package per period to one package every 2 to 4 periods, you’re basically paying $120 to $200 for each package. And when the quality and quantity of the items in each package DECREASES, it’s adding insult to injury. I’m canceling my subscription."
"A crate for January did not ship until the end of February. March's crate has not shipped and it is now the beginning of May with still an unknown ship date. May's crate was billed in the middle of April, but who knows when that will ship. Chances are, they will end up billing for July's crate in the next few weeks and not even have shipped the previous two out as of yet. The shipping also takes forever. I don't understand in today's society why something has to come across the entire country by truck when it is most likely cheaper to send it through the air. The quality of the merchandise is good. Otherwise, I would have canceled after crate 1"
"I live in the Netherlands and I ordered the a Lootcrate for the month december 2017. The crate arrived somewhere end of january. In the meantime I tried contacting Lootcrate but they had very poor communication about when the crate would finaly arrive. The Lootcrate it self was quite fine."
"I had a 6 month subscription for my daughter and she asked to have it renewed as one of her Christmas presents. The 6 month subscription she had was to renew January 23 so I hit the upgrade button because they had a sale at the time and I wanted the discount. You would think that would mean that AFTER the 6 month subscription was over that the new one would start. NO...THAT IS NOT THE CASE. I received 2 boxes in December and they changed my renewal date to Dec 5 2018. I am still trying to figure the date out. I emailed customer service and the first response was that they were sorry but I should have waited until my subscription was over. I would receive 2 boxes until my old subscription is over. WHAT? That makes no sense at all. I RENEWED an existing subscription, why would I want duplicate boxes and for the subscription to end a month earlier than it should be? I told them I was not happy with this and the second email told me when I received the box, to refuse it and they would give me credit for it. Ummmm....The first email I sent CLEARLY stated I received 2 boxes. How could I refuse something that I already received and how would I know there was a problem if I did not receive it? I have looked in their terms and nowhere does it state not to renew early. I am sure that they will find another excuse to cheat me so I'm done with Lootcrate after this subscription is over. I would not have renewed this in the first place but my kid loves getting her surprise box every month even though they are coming later and later and the items are not nearly what they were when we started."
"We switched after Nerdbloc went out of business. I got my husband a six month subscription I will not be renewing. We have the gamer box. The first box we received was full of promotional material for a game being released that my husband had no interest in. 5 of 6 of the items were literally an advertisement except we paid for them. The sixth item was a pin. The next box was admittedly a little more varied and better. The third box was an entire month late and not worth the wait. The fourth box is a month late again and we're still waiting. In all this time my mailbox is bombarded by emails of Lootcrate trying to sell me stuff. They can't even provide what I already bought"
"I had 7 subscriptions to loot crate for many years. I decided to cancel them all because I really wasn't getting any interesting items for many months in any of the crates. When I canceled them Tony G said he was in the process of canceling them all. Well he canceled three of them and didn't do the rest for some reason. I sent a email asking why and a Robbie S. emailed me back and said that was a one time courtesy for me. Which i was thankful for but I asked him what happened to the other 4 refund subscriptions and heard nothing. But let me make sure this is clear . I started this process mid november and it is at the end of December. I had to send many many emails also and I never got those other four refunds.I would never recommend loot crate to anyone. I am also going to negatively review loot crate on as many sites I can. Also Robbie S sent me a snarky email back. Real professional over a few dollars."
"My dad got lootcrates for a bit on his account, and then when he passed they started charging my mom's account (they were divorced, and ergo separate bank accounts but my mom's was still a joint) without her knowing. When we found out and mentioned what happened, they wouldn't refund us anything and just cancelled the subscription. We were lucky they agreed to it no problem, but the fact that someone was still getting charged after he passed away was criminal. As for the actual content of each crate, it's hit or miss, mostly miss, and you can tell sometimes you're getting 'shovelware' or something that clearly no one wanted to buy, so they threw the supplies in the crates."
Loot Crate is rated 3.13 based on 454 reviews