Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
Since the recent merger, I’ve had direct debit dates changed without notice. I’ve also made repeated online attempts to get a missing issue of Procycling replaced without success, or even an acknowledgement. Their online form for requesting a replacement or extension of subscription doesn’t work.
Ordered one mag with Jimmy Page on front cos JP is my favourite guitarist. Nothing arrived. I gently emailed lovely people: "It didn't come, I'm not going to order a year's subscription if not even one has arrived." Even retold them my address in case. Still, nothing has arrived. I am suspecting a total scam. Thank God I didn't give money out for a year's subscription. "When I emailed in her ear, I lost another friend, oh, good times, bad times, you know I've had my share...." Bad times only with magazines direct.com. Buy Total Guitar at Tesco's instead, please.
UK - Ordered a single issue with this lot for the first time. Got an email confirmation and a record of payment in my paypal account. nothing arrived after 2 weeks. Phoned them...they had "no record of my order", guy on the phone was unhelpful. Didn't seem to know what he was doing and was reverting to canned responses.

Was advised to send them an email showing confirmation. I smell BS all over this lot, opened a dispute with paypal. These people are time wasters, stay away.
No deliveries of goods 7 months. Failed in its obligation as a company under consumer and contract law Promised a refund in Sept 2020 by cheque it still has not arrived.
Excuse after excuse no contact by email telephone or letter.
Now coming uo to a year still not resolved. This company is disgraceful and will only it seems respond to legal action. Guess what my next option will be
Please do not use this appalling mess of a company.
I have been a long time subscriber 10 years +. Since April 2020, I have not received any issues from my pre-paid subscription. I keep getting boiler plate responses "We have checked our records and can confirm all the issues have been despatched to you, and can only assume they have been lost within the postal system."

Nonsense!!! I could see an issue or two, but not losing 8 issues!
I suspect they are in financial trouble. I will not renew with this company, as I find them disingenuous and disreputable.
Took magazine subscription out last year as a gift for one off payment and have just had a payment taken out of my account by them which I did not authorise. Spoken to my bank who are in the process of getting this refunded. Has put me off doing any future subscriptions with them for sure !
Do not have a subscription with this company!! I have never received the free gift that was part of the subscription package. Automated email responses are received and when you do get a human response they have no idea and not tied up any previous emails that I have sent to their colleagues. Absolutely useless. Don't waste your money
Never sent "gift" that was part of subscription deal. The contact form on the website results in absolutely no response (sent to messages) and phone calls result in promises that don't materialise, with dates that move. They just don't seem to care.
What a Rubbish Company, i ordered the CLASSIC ROCK 280 MOTORHEAD ACE OF SPADES BUNDLE in September and received nothing. i complained through Customer Service twice and received a Standard reply that due to a database upgrade all inquiries are delayed,,,, thats for overone month now.
Seems they are quick enough to take your money and then just ignore you,,,,,, SCAM!!!
Unbelievably poor! ..... not only do they take your money and not deliver your order, but when you try to pursue your enquiry you just get standard automatic email replies with zero action resulting!! ...... has this company just gone home and taken their furlough payments .... my guess is Yes!!
Subscription to Classic Rock magazine.
Missing issues and late deliveries are my biggest complaint. 4 missing issues never received. Monthly issues taking more then 2 months to receive terrible service.
Awful customer service. If I could give 0 stars I would!

They have wrongly been taken money out of my account for 2 months. When trying to contact them you get a automated response with NO customer care at all. The worse company I have dealt with in years! DO NOT GET A SUBSCRIPTION THROUGH THEM!
Simply deleted my accountwhen myfavoritemagazines.uk merged into magazinesdirect.com. My magazines were never delivered, and I had to contact my bank to cancel the credit operation.
This company is a scam.
Been trying for 2 months now, about subscription I have paid for and received confirmation, now they say they have never received payment even though I have supplied credit card statements showing payment. Absolutely appalling customer service
They charged me double my initial purchase and never got back to me after dozens of emails. Avoid at all costs
Two Direct Debits taken from bank account in September instead of 1.
After a 40 minute wait I spoke to a call centre employee who said refund will take 3 or 4 days. Rang again two weeks later (50 min wait) , was told refund will take up to 14 days. Now after almost a month of waiting still no refund. Do not have any dealings with this cowboy outfit as they are obviously totally incompetent. Emails to them elicit a automated reply that they are busy upgrading their systems , pure excreta as they are still sending daily emails trying for new subscriptions , a con !
Taken money unlawfully - not renewed any subscription
Took out a subscription for Photoplus mag via issue 170.Issue 171 arrived OK 2 days before it was due in the shops.HOWEVER there was an offer of a Vanguard camera bag that was supposed to arrive with the mag.E mails generate the standard we're upgrading our subscription network etc.Phone calls generste the" we're escalating this issue " Nothing happens.Still no bag.Not good enough.Am considering stopping my direct debit at this rate!!
I cancelled my direct debit for some magazines. They were for mum, who died of covid.

Without authority, they just set up a new direct debit!

This company is awful - don’t give them your details.
Absolutely appalling customer service. It took me over half an hour to get through to someone in a call centre in India who was unable to help me. They promised someone would call or email me within 24 hours. They didn’t. I emailed them 48 hours later. Still no response two weeks later! I took out a subscription for a weekly magazine in June and since then I’ve received fewer than half the magazines I should’ve done and have had to call them three times. Shocking!
Magazines Direct is rated 1.09 based on 128 reviews