Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
The most incompetent customer service I have ever "received".
Since Metal Hammer were taken over by these, I cannot log in to manage my subscription. I request a password reset and the email link that that advises me to follow the link to reset my password then takes me back to the page that I need to enter my email address into to request a password reset. I have emailed the customer support but the responses I got essentially send me the same link over and over again. It does not matter how I explain the problem the response I get are of no help. I even recorded my screen to show the issue as a video file for them and I was sent the same link again. Terrible customer support.
I order one specialist rugby magazine on 1st February so ready for 6tj Feb match and they took money instantly no magazine, so after many msgs they tell me I will get a mag in April and I've signed up for monthly subscription omg shock horror. I cancel and waiting for refund 😒
TL;DR - taken over 6 months to sort an issue with them out, never called me back, inconsistent and useless, buy from them at your peril! Probably the worst customer experience I have ever experienced. Ordered a physical subscription worth north of £120 back in August 2020 (now Feb 2021). I think they lost the order as they were changing IT systems. After multiple emails with nothing other than an automated response I started calling them I have been ringing at least once a month since August. I was promised callbacks on multiple occasions, which never happened. I had to send proof of purchase as they had lost the information. Never spoke to the same person twice. They then confirmed that they had received my payment. They said they do not offer refunds. Was given multiple different reference numbers for my support case, again a complete lack of consistency. At some point in November managed after calling multiple times over the past couple of months to get a new subscription set up. They said that the magazine had been delivered in December, it hadn't. Then called and spoke to their support line, who again said that the call had been escalated and promised to call me back and never did, spoke to different people each time. All I wanted to do at this point was change the physical subscription to a digital one. After not receiving the call past the weeks deadline that they said they would, I rang again on a Monday, and had to ring a further two times that day to speak to someone who knew what was going on, again to be told that they would sort it out by the end of the day, which they didn't. Rang again the next day and finally spoke to someone I had spoken to the previous day. Recommend always writing the name of the person you spoke to down so you can ask to speak to them again but you are unlikely to be able to speak to the same person twice if you reach their foreign call centre. That person then said that they would have to cancel the physical subscription and be able to change it to a digital one and that would get sorted out that morning. I am still waiting for a final resolution on this matter. I get that sometimes data gets lost in systems, it happens, but their complete lack of customer care, consistent misdirection/lying and lack of knowledge is very alarming. I cannot say this strongly enough, I would avoid them at all costs, utterly shambolic and frustrating company to deal with.
I ordered 2 single issues of BassGuitar and have not received them. In the meantime I a being blitzed with "Offer ends in 12 hours" type marketing. I still think the magazinesdirect.com website may be a scam. Is it?
Since this company took over from myfavouritemagazines.co.uk, I've had problems with delivery of Guitarist magazine. One issue delivered twice, and the next issue delivered 3 times, all instead of the issues I ordered. Currently, their email inbox is full so can't get in touch with them. Absolutely useless company.
This company is a shambles. Placed an order in December for years subscription to classic rock which included a free gift and a single issue of guitar techniques. Nothing received. 5 Emails to customer services with varying responses and varying excuses, they even claimed my first issue didn't start until feb until I sent them my order confirmation which clearly stated the first issue was due January, they also asked for prrof of my entitlement to a free gift. I have had a subscription for classic rock for over 8years now and have never had a problem until this shower of ........ took over. I am now contacting the publisher direct and the IPSO to express my complaint. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE
They advertised an offer for Countrylife magazine in November 2020 at £6 for 6 weekly copies which I took advantage of. However the magazine was not for me so I did not renew my subscription. Horrified to see that they have debited my account with just under £38 to cover another subscription. I contacted and spoke to someone at Subscription Enquiries who was unhelpful and tried only to sell me another magazine. Avoid!
I took out a premium subscription for a magazine but have not received any of the physical gifts included in the package, just an electronic ticket to an exhibition. Like others on here, their customer support has been appalling !!?
I had no problem with myfavouritemagazines.co.uk during several years (Guitar techniques,Total Guitar,Guitar World...). Since they moved to magazinesdirect i had 3 problems (missing issue now out of print..., one missing CD, one wrong CD). What's a pity!
They debited my account 3 times for the same subscription. I had to call NatWest Fraud division and have my card blocked. Terrible customer service.
AVOID Wish I had seen this review page sooner. Ordered a single copy magazine in September 2020, but never arrived. Took my money quick enough. I have chased constantly with no reply apart from a generic standard automated email. I would avoid and not use unless you want to say goodbye to your money. If I could leave no stars I would.
Ordered a single issue of Metal Hammer - number 341. An issue that I needed physical copy of as my band somehow managed to get a review there so I wanted to save it. Order was placed on 11th of November 2020. A dozen of email back and forths, an alleged 'replacement has been sent' etc. etc. No magazine arrived. Still waiting for a refund. Hope you get dyslexia and sell magazines then. Cheers.
Took double payment on my credit card!!! Despite repeated contacts cannot get a refund - shower of crooks!!!!
Basically ,getting harassed now on a daily basis even though I have unsubscribed months ago ,even when I let them know that I will take it further if they keep doing so .However just yesterday morning and night they harassed me yet again and even this morning after saying I’m now taking it further they still texted me ,and no not computer error as I was fed up months ago .Harassement is illegal!!!!
I took out a subscription for Prog magazine which was to include a Kitsound Bluetooth speaker as a joining gift. Not received after 9 months: "You are not entitled to a gift; pls send proof" I will never deal with this company again. Email replies just ask for more personal details each time.....
I have ordered the Eddie van Halen edition of guitar player magazine (December 2020 issue) which was at the time of my order already available in the US. After receiving several auto replies for a period of nearly 3 weeks I asked paypal for help. Apparently Magazines Direct charges money for magazines that they do not have in stock. In their last personal message Magazines Direct asked me for resending them their E-Mail in which my order was confirmed. Come on, get serious! I have also cancelled another order of an issue of guitar world magazine. Finally I will receive a complete repayment from paypal. In my opinion this company is not trustworthy. Absolutely disappointing. Order magazines at another company.
Took payment and never sent out the Magazine, I have contacted via email and phone and now say they do not sell that magazine, I even sent them to the link of the Magazine on their website and order receipts. No response
I placed a subscription for two magazines (Guitar World and Guitar Player) plus each were to include a free t-shirt and after waiting over a month when the first issues should have arrived I still haven't received anything. I've emailed them four times and even received an acknowledgement. Very disappointed and frustrated. I have to say that when I use to subscribe to these magazines I had no problem. However, I believe I was dealing with a different company at that time.
If I could give zero stars I would. I placed an order for four bookazines with MagazinesDirect.com and received an order confirmation and they charged my card. When I emailed them to ask where my order was they 'claim' to have not received the order despite charging my credit card. I'd had to email them a copy of my credit card statement. The order confirmation and order number is not enough for them. Hopeless and incompetent. As the previous reviewer has stated, 'avoid at all costs' otherwise they'll keep your money and not bother to send what you paid for.
Magazines Direct is rated 1.10 based on 156 reviews