Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
Basically ,getting harassed now on a daily basis even though I have unsubscribed months ago ,even when I let them know that I will take it further if they keep doing so .However just yesterday morning and night they harassed me yet again and even this morning after saying I’m now taking it further they still texted me ,and no not computer error as I was fed up months ago .Harassement is illegal!!!!
I took out a subscription for Prog magazine which was to include a Kitsound Bluetooth speaker as a joining gift. Not received after 9 months: "You are not entitled to a gift; pls send proof" I will never deal with this company again. Email replies just ask for more personal details each time.....
I have ordered the Eddie van Halen edition of guitar player magazine (December 2020 issue) which was at the time of my order already available in the US. After receiving several auto replies for a period of nearly 3 weeks I asked paypal for help. Apparently Magazines Direct charges money for magazines that they do not have in stock. In their last personal message Magazines Direct asked me for resending them their E-Mail in which my order was confirmed. Come on, get serious!

I have also cancelled another order of an issue of guitar world magazine. Finally I will receive a complete repayment from paypal.

In my opinion this company is not trustworthy. Absolutely disappointing.

Order magazines at another company.
Took payment and never sent out the Magazine, I have contacted via email and phone and now say they do not sell that magazine, I even sent them to the link of the Magazine on their website and order receipts. No response
I placed a subscription for two magazines (Guitar World and Guitar Player) plus each were to include a free t-shirt and after waiting over a month when the first issues should have arrived I still haven't received anything. I've emailed them four times and even received an acknowledgement. Very disappointed and frustrated. I have to say that when I use to subscribe to these magazines I had no problem. However, I believe I was dealing with a different company at that time.
If I could give zero stars I would. I placed an order for four bookazines with MagazinesDirect.com and received an order confirmation and they charged my card. When I emailed them to ask where my order was they 'claim' to have not received the order despite charging my credit card. I'd had to email them a copy of my credit card statement. The order confirmation and order number is not enough for them. Hopeless and incompetent. As the previous reviewer has stated, 'avoid at all costs' otherwise they'll keep your money and not bother to send what you paid for.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
In December 2019 I made an order for one year's subscription for my father as a Christmas present. They ended up taking two lots of payments from my account. I had to call them numerous times to get it refunded which took around 14 days.
Fast forward to December 2020, I call them up to process an order which they say they have done. I call back a week later and the order due to a ‘technical issue’. I request they give me a discount for the stress they caused me last year, and now again this year, which they agreed to.
They then AGAIN take two lots of payments from my account, which means I end up calling them AGAIN to get the refund back. I have never experienced such an incompetence company in all my life.
AVOID AVOID AVOID
I totally agree with other reviewers that Magazines Direct should be avoided. I placed an order for a 12 month subscription to Homes & Gardens magazine in May 2020 and 7 months later have not received a single magazine. I have wasted a lot of time going back and forth with a customer service team that tell me that that say they are experiencing delays and problems with subscriptions and that they will send me an email when these are resolved ! In my experience this company is totally incompetent so my advice to anyone thinking of using them would be not to waste your time and money.
Avoid.

Paid for Slipcases and Binders to go along with my subscriptions. Money was taken and no delivery. Months later still chasing. They asked for bank records, proof of purchase and then never reply.

Stolen my money, terrible customer service. Do not order any subscriptions of products from them.
AVOID!!! Takes ages to get through to someone. They took my renewal subscription before actually telling me anything about it or the amount. Trying to get a refund, promised it would arrive, hasn’t. Keep chasing and nothing is happening, will be taking to small claims court if this continues any longer
Placed a subscription for a magazine specifically for the free gift advertised. After 5 months I have still not received the camera bag and have had no response to my 4 emails and 2 phone calls. This organisation are scammers - avoid them.
Terrible terrible service. DO NOT RECOMMEND.. I ordered a subscription on 2nd Dec for my mum. I put my own address on for delivery instead of hers. My payment of £58 was taken straight away. I have phoned several times to change this and they say they cannot see my order. Wait 48 hours. Wait 48 hours......
Help desk have finally replied to say any change will take 10 - 14 days. That will be after Christmas. Terrible.
Since the recent merger, I’ve had direct debit dates changed without notice. I’ve also made repeated online attempts to get a missing issue of Procycling replaced without success, or even an acknowledgement. Their online form for requesting a replacement or extension of subscription doesn’t work.
Ordered one mag with Jimmy Page on front cos JP is my favourite guitarist. Nothing arrived. I gently emailed lovely people: "It didn't come, I'm not going to order a year's subscription if not even one has arrived." Even retold them my address in case. Still, nothing has arrived. I am suspecting a total scam. Thank God I didn't give money out for a year's subscription. "When I emailed in her ear, I lost another friend, oh, good times, bad times, you know I've had my share...." Bad times only with magazines direct.com. Buy Total Guitar at Tesco's instead, please.
UK - Ordered a single issue with this lot for the first time. Got an email confirmation and a record of payment in my paypal account. nothing arrived after 2 weeks. Phoned them...they had "no record of my order", guy on the phone was unhelpful. Didn't seem to know what he was doing and was reverting to canned responses.

Was advised to send them an email showing confirmation. I smell BS all over this lot, opened a dispute with paypal. These people are time wasters, stay away.
No deliveries of goods 7 months. Failed in its obligation as a company under consumer and contract law Promised a refund in Sept 2020 by cheque it still has not arrived.
Excuse after excuse no contact by email telephone or letter.
Now coming uo to a year still not resolved. This company is disgraceful and will only it seems respond to legal action. Guess what my next option will be
Please do not use this appalling mess of a company.
I have been a long time subscriber 10 years +. Since April 2020, I have not received any issues from my pre-paid subscription. I keep getting boiler plate responses "We have checked our records and can confirm all the issues have been despatched to you, and can only assume they have been lost within the postal system."

Nonsense!!! I could see an issue or two, but not losing 8 issues!
I suspect they are in financial trouble. I will not renew with this company, as I find them disingenuous and disreputable.
Took magazine subscription out last year as a gift for one off payment and have just had a payment taken out of my account by them which I did not authorise. Spoken to my bank who are in the process of getting this refunded. Has put me off doing any future subscriptions with them for sure !
Do not have a subscription with this company!! I have never received the free gift that was part of the subscription package. Automated email responses are received and when you do get a human response they have no idea and not tied up any previous emails that I have sent to their colleagues. Absolutely useless. Don't waste your money
Never sent "gift" that was part of subscription deal. The contact form on the website results in absolutely no response (sent to messages) and phone calls result in promises that don't materialise, with dates that move. They just don't seem to care.
Magazines Direct is rated 1.11 based on 142 reviews