Mobile Phones Direct Reviews

Mobile Phones Direct 1 star review on 9th December 2019
Mobile Phones Direct 1 star review on 9th December 2019
GAUHAR CHAUDHARY
More Photos & Videos
ITEM IN BAD CONDITION - trying to get a replacement seems unlikely.

New phone and packaging arrived in awful condition. Trying to get a replacement handset sent out has proven to be impossible so far. On hold, no straight answers, no apology and after 4+ hours on the phone with them trying to resolve the issue the only answer I have is and investigation needs to begin internally and with DPD their choice of courier and only once it is concluded will I be able to get a replacement handset if they decide it is warranted.

This is genuinely the worst response I've had from a company on receipt of a faulty/damage item.
Anything not to pay cash back. Even though after repeated efforts to place an online claim which would not be processed, even after calling the help line and waiting hours, even after sending a message to the email helpline (given over the phone) proving claim is due, they let it go past the date and now say 1. Claim not made in time, we WONT pay, 2. We didn't get your email then said email sent to incorrect address although that was what was given over the phone.
They then sorted it and paid it. Now it's the next claim and they say they have already paid it!!! DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. DO NOT TAKE ANY FORM OF CASH BACK AGREEMENT.
Never take a contract from here!!! It’s a rip off. They say u can claim cash back, but they charge soo much every month. And you don’t recieve full cash back!!! I’m in a 24 month contract!!! Don’t know what I’m going to do!!!!
Having problems with this cash back nonsense. Will never use this company again. They make it so difficult to claim and they act like a bunch of fraudsters. Avoid like the virus.
Do your research! So far I've received the phone, sold the phone, pay £20 a month and awaiting my first cashback. They make money from people too inept to apply for cashback and it does say after cashback on the website. Simply submit a form and your bill to claim your cashback online. Go to mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/cashback I will update this once I've received my cashback - obviously it could still go wrong...AW
Terrible experience regarding cashback. Took phone out in November - I was initially shocked and disappointed as the amount I thought I was going to pay , turned out was double, and the amount you pay is after cashback which you have to claim. The first cashback claim is 6 months after purchase (so I was expecting to get 6 months worth of money (50% of what I had paid). I had another shock the amount was to be divided into 5 equal installments and btw didn't equate at all to 50%. So felt completely ripped off already. Let it go because I thought maybe I had mistaken it all. I claimed cashback 26th April and received an email saying congratulations cashback will be received within 14 working days. I emailed about 12 days in and was assured there were not delays and money would be paid on time. We are now 20 working days later still waiting for it, had numerous emails advising please don't worry there was a delay but it is being processed keep a look out for it, but cannot give a timeframe. "It is easy just refund my card" "it should take less than a minute" . Apparently delays are due to the covid situation (despite their website proudly displaying a banner announcing that despite the covid issues they are working as normal) bunch of liars and totally regret getting this phone now. Sick of getting the runaround.
I ordered 2 phones with Mobilephonesdirect one of them i didn't have any issues but unfortunately S20 5G device came with a scratch on the rear camera i reported it straight away with an email also attached the photos and clarified that I needed to exchange this phone and need to keep it until they send me a new one as my wife doesnt have any back up phone and working from home actively.
Customer service stated that they would need the phone back before sending another phone, so we asked the lady if they could send us a phone replacement until I got the new phone one so I could send it back.
The lady said she was unable to provide me a courtesy phone, which then we asked instead of sending it back and leaving my wife without a phone would they be able to compensate the damage, the lady said she would have to get back to us, but unfortunately after 15 days of waiting sending emails and ringing about this we finally got in touch with a gentleman today which said they wasn't in a position to offer compensation for the damage, and that it possibly happened during transport and it wasn't their problem.
I stated that this scratch isn't able to be damaged within a box that it came in, so it must of happened at the manufacturing place. So my wife is left with a damage phone that no one is willing to help.
Phone was set up on the wrong tariff, they string you along, promising to fix it, for 14 days until the cooling off period expires and then completely ignore you so now I’m trapped in a contract I don’t want.
phone don't even come this website is a scam don't use this website people
If i could give zero stars i would. I ordered the Huawei P40 on their website on pre order. There was a deal supposed to come with the pre order and did i get it, nope.
Then to be called a liar by 3 different people on the phone before finally being told oh no you were right but still not going to get the deal i payed for.
Will never use this company again and my father is suggesting i take them to small claims court over this
On 23rd of March I placed an order and immediately cancelled it after realising handset was a bit bigger in size. But the customer service person said it had been already dispatched, so therefore you will have to return the handset and then will do cancelletion. Next day I expected the delivery but never turned up. Cheked tracking in DPD it is on way back to Mobilephones Direct. Later on I realised my simcard is dead as the network (O2) already executed the number transfer, since then Im without phone until now. Next day I placed second order but they blocked it with excuse of other order has not been closed/cancelled. I made number of fruitless phone calls. On 30th of March I received email from them that they received the handset back and on process of cancellation. I called them on 3rd of April and was told that it may take another 2/3 days.

Yesterday I realised O2 charged me £40 (first bill). And today rang Mobilephones Direct but hung up on me twice. On third attempt I asked her not to cut me off and update about my cancellation. She said still waiting reply from o2 but she has no record of email sent to o2. When I call o2, o2 says they have not received any emails.

I do not know why I deserve this? I have been without phone for over two weeks. All I need from them is Pac code so that i can keep my age old number. And it may take one email to O2 to get that, and it seems they are not interested......

Lifetime experience.........let's see how it ends
Had order cancelled despite having perfect credit and 2 phones already with O2.
I'll consider it getting off lightly, who'd want to do business with these people?
What a joke. They removed my daughters account when we tried to claim the money back on your contract. Give them a bad review on trustpilot due to this. They apologise ask questions. Give them the answers and still ignore.
Terrible company, first of all I received my sim over a week late, then when trying to claim cash back they originally stated over the phone this was done in one instalment after having the contract for a stated amount of time, then when I go to claim this I am told it has to be done on set months in your contract and if you miss it you lose your money.
Do not give your credit card or debit details, company like this pass information to other fraud agencies out there like UK mobile contact, if your a victim call Action fraud free.
I ordered a new s10 as they had a deal and I received no email confirmation whatsoever, chased the order to be told 3 had an issue with their credit checks, several days pass and still no update I call and I’m told that it’s over to three and they requested a callback from me?? I call 3 to be told it’s been declined. I have no idea what information has been fed to them as I have maximum credit score, this company is a scam avoid at all costs
All security checks passed still cancelled my order & didn't give me an reason.
Next day delivery?? I wish I'd checked the reviews for this site because honestly I'm scared now.
Cash back they make it so difficult and I want to return I’m still within 14days but that make it sound very difficult so I’m nervous to do it !!!
No money no problems .. I love PIA 🇵🇰❤️& I love you Pakistan Army 🇵🇰🇵🇰🇵🇰🌹