MORE TH>N Reviews

of reviewers recommend MORE TH>N
Telephone, Email, Live Chat

Tell us how MORE TH>N made you happy
I have just renewed my house insurance with more than. I spoke to a lovely lady called Julia whose customer service was absolutely wonderful. She was friendly and professional throughout the telephone call. I very rarely post reviews but I feel it was warranted in this case. Thank you Julia
I’ve used more than for about 2 years to cover our buildings & contents insurance. They seemed professional and competitive in pricing. Unfortunately it all came crashing down when I went to claim for a lost watch (£350). They used every excuse under the sun to stop the claim. I think companies like this are an utter disgrace and should be shutdown. Insurance companies like theses are never there when you need them most. You’ve been warned, stay away.
Do not waste your time or money, I begrudge giving them 1 star they deserve 0! Complete con artists, we were told that our cats surgery would be covered, I phoned and confirmed this twice however when it came to claiming they said it wasn't covered due to a pre-existing condition. The vets didn't say this was a pre-existing condition because it was so minimal they weren't worried, so we didn't know to mention it when we took out the policy. The vets also confirmed that the condition would not have caused the condition that needed surgery. So the reason they gave for invalidating our policy was not even linked to her condition in the first place! AVOID AVOID AVOID! We will be going elsewhere as soon as we can as I know longer feel I can trust them
Awful customer service. I would give it a 0 if I could. They really need a proper shake up. After years of being a loyal customer and with a home insurance, I will be changing everything as soon as I can. They sent me a car insurance quote on my email, with a reference number but when I phoned to proceed, they quoted me more, even through in an email it clearly said the quote is valid for two more weeks. Suddenly they couldn't find it and asking me to prove it?! Where would I get a reference number in the first place if I didn't have it in an email?!! The discount I was offered due to being a loyal customer suddenly couldn't be applied either!! So what is the point?! I am not sure what happen to this company as they used to be really good but for me this will be the end of the road. Don't be fooled by quotes you will be getting as service is non existent.
After being insured for a year the renewal was jacked up by 40% and there hadn’t been any claims. I phoned to check if they could drop the price but all they could do was reduce it by a few pounds! I told the representative that I would not be taking up the insurance only to find they ignored that and continued to take two monthly payments. The trouble I’m having to go through now to get the money back is torturous! Beware !
Insured my first car with more than and they were useless from the get go. I had a black box installed to monitor my driving as it reduced the policy price significantly and ended up having to contact them on multiple occasions as my ‘score’ was moving down when I wasn’t even driving the car, most noticeably when I had a C-Section and didn’t drive for two weeks, my score went from 9 to 3. On top of that they are quick to charge you hundreds of pounds to add miles to your policy but don’t want to hear about it when you have thousands of miles left over, plenty of other insurers offer to compensate you for your left over miles. They are ridiculous to get ahold of as their ‘system is down’ all of the time, also reluctant to send you proof of no claims when you say you’re going with a new insurer. They also tried to charge me £400 more to renew my insurance then it was the previous year despite me having no claims.
I made my first call for an emergency plumber at around 7.45am and received a text saying the plumber would arrive by 5pm (they said this was longer than the expected 4 hour window due to high demand). I explained there was a hole near my boiler which was leaking water and had bored through the ceiling. I called back at twice at 4.30pm and 5.15pm to chase up the plumber and to report further water leakage through the ceiling and light fittings in my kitchen. At 7pm I called again and was advised someone would come 'very soon'. At 10pm no action had been taken. I called again to explain the situation was only worsening, I didn't know whether I could use my boiler so was very cold in my house and we had had to switch off the water tap hours ago to prevent the dripping. There is now water damage on my ceiling. Then only £200 for an emergency night time call out was guaranteed for using an own tradesman despite this being a totally unrealistic number. Apparently every time your trades people were contacted it was reported to me that they were unreachable (and going to voicemail) with no back up plan or alternative source of traders, leaving me no choice, but to call an independent tradesman as the problem was urgent and worsening. I think in a big city like Manchester, having only one source of tradespeople is not good enough and ultimately led to a complete lack of service, despite me having paid for my insurance. I then had to call back at 11pm to report this to the network manager and explain the costs were more than double (£445 Vs £200). After 1 hour on hold with no updates and at a quarter last midnight I gave up and hung up. I think the above is very unacceptable: I was unable to leave the property all day, had to cancel work meetings to be on hold to try and sort the situation out. I was unable to have a shower or flush the toilet. I had to call 6 times in one day, several times being placed on hold with no updates for 35 minutes at a time (on at least 3 calls) and in the end there was ultimately no service in an emergency situation and I had to sort it out myself. I was advised on the final 10pm call that it was extremely unlikely that a plumber would attend my property until the next day. At 7.45am I could have independently sorted this out immediately (the plumbers I called arrived within 30 minutes and sorted the job out within an hour) and avoided further water damage, had I not been beholden to use your tradespeople and extraordinarily slow 'emergency service'. This is my first ever call out with More Than and I am incredibly disappointed.
Disgusting service despite Morethan and their agents BV Solutions agreement to water damage to bathroom and kitchen August 2020 still having to fight them through the financial ombudsman to get the work done January 2021 avoid at all cost disgraceful handling and customer service
Don't be fooled by new policy prices as there are huge price increases year on year Please please think twice before insuring your pet with More Than Pet Insurance, going by my experience. On my pets 8th year, my insurance renewal quote sent to me was £229.44 a month! It has left me with the heartbreaking decision to have to cancel my policy with them when i have been a customer with them since he was a puppy. I feel they don't have the dogs interest at heart and only interested in making money on each policy otherwise they out price you. I don't want anyone else to have to go through this experience without being made aware of this. Reading other peoples reviews also which are all similar to mine, it seems them pretty much double the policy price every year whether you claim or not. BEWARE!
Have been with Morethan 2 years and have been pleased. After 2020 and being in lockdown I have only used half my miles I originally paid for so approached the company hoping for some compensation and was told nothing can be done. Due to this I will not be returning for a third year.
Disgusting. Save your time and money. Don’t bother with them. Telephone lady and man were very, very rude and condescending. They weren’t listening, impolite and very bad -tempered. Best thing is - they can’t even tell you what your policy number is after you’ve made the transaction. Utter rubbish.
Rude telephone lady and man. Both were not listening and kept repeating the same questions in a very, very condescending manner, when in actuality they cannot even tell you the policy number you purchased (note: policy number was not provided after taking the fees). Disgusting services and quality. Save your time and money, go elsewhere!
Total rip off for anyone thinking of taking out pet insurance. Once your pet reaches a certain age they increase premiums by nearly 49% per year until you cannot afford the payments. Even if you've never made a claim. Proper caring.
Once a good reliable insurer, with fair annual renewal premiums, but times have definitely changed, and More Than now want more than before. I've had 2 van policies with them - a private one for about 9 years, and a business one for around 7 years. This year the renewal price on the first policy increased significantly, and it was the first time I had felt it necessary to call them at renewal time, with nothing having changed on my part. Miraculously, they were able to lower my renewal premium considerably, in fact to less than last year, without anything actually changing with the cover. I decided to proceed, but expressed my disappointment at this lack of loyalty on their part, and warned that if similar happened on the second policy, it was likely I would take my business elsewhere, out of principle. It is now time for renewal of the second policy. Sure enough, despite my 4 year old vehicle being a year older, and now having an additional years NCD on this policy, the renewal price had increased by over £80. When I called them, with a bit of smoke and mirror action once again, they could get the price back to just below last years price. How?? Loyalty is a two way street More Than, and I have just sorted a new policy with a different insurer, based on your attempts to rob me this year, albeit legally. Hence why I have also felt it necessary to write this review, and warn others.
9 years as a customer then a 20% premium hike for no obvious reason, however foolishly i just renewed like a fool. Changed my car 5 weeks into the policy and was quoted a rediculous price of £179 to change the car (lower insurance group). When i questioned the rediculous price the lady on the phone was disinterested just repeating it was a £50 cancellation fee. I decided to get a quote with Halifax and ended up getting the insurance at near 1/2 the price at £280 for 12 months. Why do morethan try to rip off loyal customers.....probably because they think they wont question the price and just renew or pay any fees like sheep. Well i wont be using them ever again. Rip off merchants, poor staff....get a quote elsewhere and save yourself some money.
Been with more than for over ten years for car.buildings + contents. Not a claim made for any. Allways willing to haggle at renewal & I was allways happy with the result. "But" then a drunken cyclist rode her cycle into my offside wing mirror & broke it.police were involved & I was cleared of any Blame but advised to report it to my insurance which I did. No prizes for guessing the result. Money supermarket estimated car insurance had reduced by around 10% at that time but mine was increased by more than no pun intended!!! 75%. From 197 to 354. Crazy. Did offer me £50 m+s voucher though.!! Now with the AA for £205. Now a bit of a wait for the come back to us mail. Could'nt even respond to why they let good customers go & take a gamble on replacements.direct line in the making. And a lot of other British businesses.
More than by name, more than by nature- because they charge you more than you need to be paying. Absolute joke. Do not use more than. I have been stripped bare by this company in my first year of driving. Spent over a grand and a half for a years insurance WITH black box, then they had the cheek to charge me for business insurance (£150- most companies add this on for free or for very low price) and then charge you extortionate prices for 'top up miles'. Save yourself the stress and use someone else.
Renewed my policy without my consent saying i had opted for this when i hadn't then demanded £50 to cancel it, now i have the unwanted hassle of trying to fight this , now my next step is contacting the insurance ombudsman for help , money is tight and people don't need this legal thievery, please please avoid morethan car insurance like the plague the are a con outfit.
Easy and clear website. Easy to use website. Very clear
Customer service was great spoke to a lovely pleasant lady. Just disappointed with my renewal price was £100 more expensive that confused and all the details 100% match as me and the Customer care lady checked through
MORE TH>N is rated 4.22 based on 1,474 reviews