Newday Reviews

of reviewers recommend Newday

Tell us how Newday made you happy
Allowed fraudulent activity on my credit card. Very unhelpful customer service. Refused to uphold my claim for repayment. Avoid this company at all costs
Absolutely appalling customer service. I have had my card several years now and pay the balance in full every month but on three occasions now they have just blocked my card for absolutely no apparent reason as I never owe more than £1000 and have a £3000 limit. I did write and complain about this and asked why do they block the card and not even advise me and they replied after a considerable length of time and said that they don't have to tell me. Obviously they're not bothered as they're not making any money out of me as I pay my balance in full every month but as there are far better credit cards out there I will be closing my account and get great pleasure from cutting the card up into little pieces. I am surprised though that Amazon are using Newday as I have seen so many really bad reviews now about this company.
I don't think I have ever come across a worst company than Newday and will definitely be closing down my account. I have held a credit card for a number of years and pay off the balance in full each and every month however now on three occasions they have blocked my account without telling me. When I wrote and complained they said they don't have to tell me why and this morning I have tried to make a purchase for some plants for the grand sum £16 and I have a £3000 limit and it has been refused and my card blocked yet again. Enough is enough now and I will be cutting my card up.
Disgusting customer care Constant harassment and even threats Never get involved with these people they are vile
Awful customer service. They made errors in a chargeback claim, then more errors by closing it even though the other company accepted the refund chargeback. Spoke to an advisor who said she could not give me information why the chargeback was refused even though the company accepted the refund??? Save yourself stress and Avoid this company!! I will be complaining to ombudsman.
I am in the fortunate position of never incurring interest charges on my Debenhams credit card However I have found this company.New Day,unhelpful and uncooperative Luckily I have other credit cards to use and thus ensure they make no money from transactions I have already informed them that a 5 figure transaction would have taken place with their card will now be done with an alternative
Rubbish service, never ever again. Recommended for stress.
Stay away from new day!!! They do not help customers they don’t get back to you and always use Amex or bank credit cards.
DOn't bother with the '0%' deal as they make their money by ignoring direct debit instructions and charging you fees. Totally fraudulent gangsters.
Despite clearing the monthly amount, without spending on it, the interest and, how much I owe on my credit card appears to change from phone call to phone call: you ask them, is that the amount up-to-date till my next statement and they will affirm this is so; or you will receive a text to say you have overpaid on your last statement and there is nothing to pay this month, only to be told a fortnight later that your account is in arrears and you have x hours to bring your account up to date or they will notify credit agencies: it is my belief they are in collision with arbitrary money lending firms they behave more like money lenders than a credit banking system: they harangue and threaten; they are patronising and very unprofessional and irritating to listen to; the tone of their text messages is bullying; signing up for a Debenhams New Day Credit Card was the worst thing I ever did. The sooner I clear it off the better. Never again!
Total con. Sneaky scammers Look out!
Everything, you cheat.!
After checking my experian report recently these fraudsters claim I owe nearly 2000 pounds on god knows where and have 4 different addresses linked to my name . Didn’t open any store cards , credit cards and didn’t recognize any of the addresses. I have NOT lived In the Uk for the past 10 years so find all this a huge pain in the arse. some one should close this company down.
Have said I am about £530 overdrawn with on my previous statement saying the same despite paying £85 to get my account clear and to pay off some of the actual money on the account. How they can do this is beyond me, going to be making a formal complaint to the FOS regarding this as yet again haven't even used the account this month to pay for anything so I can get it completely paid off. This credit was made on thw 18th of September and they've not shown it on the account, avoid this company is all I say have just been a nightmare from day one!
If I could give this company zero, I would. They have increased my interest rate on my Debenhams card twice in six months. I protested about this but all you get is a standard letter. They don’t care about their customers, it’s all about screwing more money out of you. Be very careful before taking their cards. I have a good credit rating and never missed a payment. Total irresponsible behaviour.
Shocking shocking shocking customer service. Two days now I have been trying to make a payment. The telephone keeps cutting off,all it says is something about going paperless. No option to pay a bill. I tried paying in store but that’s no longer allowed. Every time I try on line it says it’s the wrong account number. Stay clear if at all possible.
I applied for the card through Amazon having no credit owing anywhere. Own my own home and no credit on car. Only to find the said NO ! Will never apply for anything with this stupid outfit! Amazon account no closed .
Disgusting customer service. False information given. Never received the £20 promised. Avoid this company!!!!
Their customer service is shocking and all they will do is keep you on hold and then transfer you to someone else, or back to AO, without any explanation. They are work-shy, tiring, and have zero interest in keeping customers happy or helping to resolve THEIR OWN clerical errors. First and last time I will be using this company for credit - extremely disappointed.
I only signed up for the card because Amazon provided an incentive. I did not realise that I had bought an item for it. I asked for the late payment to be waived and that I will pay for the balance in full afterwards. I did not receive any response whatsoever and instead was slapped in the face for another 5 quid. I have paid my balance in full now reluctantly as I want to get as far away from them as possible and not deal with this toxicity. Stay clear of this awful scammers and their credit cards.
Newday is rated 1.14 based on 22 reviews