PC World Reviews

19% of reviewers recommend PC World

How would you rate PC World ?

"Terrible. I purchased a desktop computer a year ago and from the start it was painfully slow. After calling the helpline and being asked to reboot and clean up the disc etc I was told I would need to restore the computer and restart everything. I took all the info off and reinstalled all the programmes and the computer is as slow as ever. No service. No help."
David Bull
"New £360 TV, sound gone too low to hear sometimes, has to run at 100% all the time. Want me to take it back (39")! and lose it for seven days at least!. I am a disabled pensioner 77yrs old. You can guess what I said to them!. Was a good customer, bet they have had £4000.00 out of me till now, no more."
"Corrupt.... If I could rate 0 Stars I would never experienced sales or customer service like this company..... I won't give all the details as I could write a book but all I can do is warn people never ever buy anything from this company if something goes wrong with your product within warranty then they are a nightmare .... they also mis sell products stating something is new when it is used as evidenced by the laptop I recently bought with another persons account and personal photos on the machine ..... avoid, they are disrespectful of customers and their sales staff devoid of morals ........"
"This place is a very bad place to work for none work for these if you have a day of coz your a poorly then when it comes to your 12 review you will be getting sacked it’s just happen to my others half she getting sacked for been poorly this is not right in what they are doing so please don’t work for pc world bad company to work for"
"They didn't - no one serves you"
"Salesman/Technical advisors simply don't know what they're talking about. I'd rather they didn't bother to advise than talk total drivel. I was rounded on today by three of your advisors (One being particularly aggressive) at Hedge End PC World who told me categorically that my old version of Photoshop would not run on Windows 10 despite the fact it ran on Windows 8.1. What is the point of being asked what I'm going to use a computer for and then being given totally incorrect information. Well, my old version of Photoshop works perfectly on Win 10 Laptop so no need for an expensive software upgrade. It also worked perfectly on my old laptop until it died a death so all the 'Bull' about the cheap Laptops not being able to run the programme was a load of old err 'Bull'!!! Best advice, don't tell the salesman what you're going to use the laptop for and then you won't get fed a 'line'."
"AVOID This sham of a company! Customer services is appalling even resorted to contacted the board of directors but still no resolution. Purchase from John Lewis they price match and treat their customers with respect and decency. Still currently without a working TV even after their repair and left with addition damage to it from being in transit. Cannot get an answer and just get passed around from department to department and do not want to refund me. Have raised with Trading standards and FOC truely disgusting approach to customer services."
"I visited the Hedge End Store today to buy an IPad cover. I found it was locked by a protective security key. Waited ages but no staff around so went to checkout where lady was helpful and called someone. Item unlocked from the £39 stem it was on. Took it to the till where it scanned at £49. I said it was on the £39 stem only to be told it was their mistake and the price was £49. Really? Walked out in disgust. Will not return soon."
"I bought Microsoft surface tablet from PC world store Bradford in Dec 2013with insurance that I am paying till today . Meantime time I had software issues so contacted the store they checked device and sent for repair . When I got back the problem was still there , I couldn’t take it back as I am working so it took me about some time to take it back , they checked it again and sent for repair . Got back after a week with same problem . They just wasted my time did nothing . As my son use this for home work , it left him helpless . I went to store again and told them whole story that you are wasting my time and doing nothing so please don’t let me down this time because It is hard for me to spare time . I collected it yesterday and checked now it turned on once and now it’s not even starting stuck on logo . The purpose of the above story is to make you aware of these people how they play with us and our hard earned money . If you take in to account the cost I have paid and insurance on top that is still deducting from account and the service I am getting is disgusting. I always found the staff lazy , sluggish and uninterested in issue I have raised . They just stand there to pass their time instead of taking the customers issues seriously. I really fed up with this now. Mr M Latif"
"Ordered a CPU after 8pm and it arrived next day by courier."
Toby Hulme
"Very good customer service and happy environment in the shops"
"Did not honour warranty on laptop that was less than 12 months old"
"Very bad customer service in Beckton Retail Park store. It can wise to avoid this store. Very happy with online service."
"I think it says a lot that I’m having to type this on my phone. After buying a PC from them it arrived with a clearly corrupted operating system, the windows key was invalid and it would crash when running updates. After a day of this it had crashed so many times that it couldn’t even do a factory reset. After arranging an exchange they told me it could take several days recieve a new one. I paid extra for next day delivery and yet a week later I am still without a working pc. No refund for the waste of money on the original delivery even. Wouldn’t buy a toaster from them let alone another computer."
ANDRE DA MATA
"dedicated staff"
Darren Watson
"Purchased a new laptop which failed a little over their 14 day replacement policy. They then kept fobbing us off with "Dont know". In store say to call customer care. Customer care say talk to store. PC used to be good but are now to big to give a rats rear end about its customers. After a month of chasing every day they eventually gave a refund claiming thay had lost the laptop. So, with this experiance i will never again use this shoddy retailer."
"Trade in your old laptop offer was a real con with no valuation anywhere near advertised. Poorly trained staff and terrible service in store with no staff looking to offer advice or assistance."
Mathew Bellingham
"my laptop brock within 3 months of purchase. it has been 3 weeks and still not fixed. no communication and when i phoned yesterday i was on the phone for over 20 mins tobe told it may take more than another week."
Dovydas Kochanka
"prices are way too high compared to other shops, most of the time when you show up to the shop they never have the items in stock so you just basically waste your time and effort."
Margie Stockton
Unverified Reviewer
"I went into the Truro store today with a laptop I purchased from PC World 6 years ago. I explained to the lady on the desk that the battery had died and asked how much it would cost to have a new one fitted. She informed me that it would cost at least £70. I then told her that in that case I would be interested in doing a trade in on a new laptop. I was then redirected to a member of the sales team. I repeated the information and he told me to look at some laptops whilst he found a technician who could run a check on my laptop to work out how much I could have for a trade in. When the technician arrived I explained once again that the battery had died and it would need to be plugged in. This was done, he then spent quite a long time trying to upload a programme. Quite rightly he asked for help but was still experiencing problems. I now think that he was in too much of a hurry and had not given sufficient time for the programme to load as whilst he went away to get more help the programme appeared on the screen He then commenced the check which started with the general condition of the laptop - all good. The next check was - BATTERY LIFE!!!!!!! I told him yet again that once he unplugged the battery the laptop would not work; he tried it anyway and then told me that it was not worth anything!!!!! I felt so angry as I had wasted so much time. The staff member did not even try to persuade me to look at one of the other deals instead! Three members of staff had been told about the battery and not one of them appeared to know that a dead battery meant no part exchange. I felt very angry having made a 44 mile round trip for this total waste of time. Needless to say I will not be setting foot in PC World again. I have now ordered a new battery online for £20. PC World - well done! You lost a sale on a new laptop but saved me a great deal of money in the end. TeamKnowHow should be renamed TeamKnowNowt."
PC World is rated 1.79 based on 163 reviews