PC World Reviews

Sound & Vision
Technology And Computing

Tell us how PC World made you happy

Telephone
"I recently bought a laptop from PC Curry world....they are cheaters.....never buy anything from them. .Trust me."
Are you PC World? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback PC World receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Avoid using this company at all cost. Stick with John Lewis who will not only price match anything that PC World can do but can also offer a far better customer service than what they ever could.  Staff unwilling to help and everything seems to be too much effort in store. Customer services (phone) don't appear to be any different. One of which was very rude, refused to give his name and refused to pass me over to a manager, make promises which aren't delivered.  They took £150 of my money and kept hold of it a week before returning it back on to a gift card. Apparently this should of taken a max of 24-48hrs. This was all because of a voided transaction as a result of a system error there end and they were unable to complete the transaction. I spent several hours spent on the phone as well as in store to be told I would be given some compensation (discount on the product) as a gesture of goodwill. Visited store today to be advised maximum they could offer was £20 which I found a little insulting considering all the lies they told me, unhelpful staff, hours spent on the phone and in store trying to resolve a problem which was out of my control and a disappointed family member as they were unable to get the gift on time and still haven't. Both myself and family will never be using PC World again. Considering I was looking to buy a tv, surrounded sound, Apple Mac as well as other goods (moving in to a unfinished property in a month and need white goods) you thought they would have done more. I have now purchased a tv from John Lewis and will stick to them going forward."
"Purchased an all in one pc last Monday from Thurrock store. Left it at store together with my other pc for data transfer. Told it would take a couple of days. All staff I dealt with in store were fine and helpful. On Wednesday I thought I would ask how the transfer was going by calling the store. I called the number given on the Thurrock store website. It was a call centre and after 20 minutes and answering numerous questions and pushing buttons actually spoke to someone. Explained I just wanted an update on the data transfer. He tried to contact the store but no answer and in consequence said he would e-mail them to 'phone me. Suggested it would be better to go to the store. No call received. Contacted call centre on Friday, same rigmarole after 17 minute wait. More helpful chap this time, he contacted store who said the transfer was going on but that there was a large number of photographs slowing the process. He could not give me any more information. I would be 'phoned when ready. The next day I decided to visit the store which is a 22 mile drive including the long queue for the Dartford Toll river crossing. They said nonchalantly that the transfer was on going and din't know how long remaining. My complaint is that nearly an hour on the 'phone, £5 in toll fees and two hours driving time just to get the answer to a very simple question. Why is there no contact number for the pc service area or a progress report available on the web. I realise now that I should have read the customer reviews - more than 75% 1 star - gosh that's not good. I've learned my lesson."
"So I trade up my RBS rewards to obtain Curry’s vouchers in order to purchase a very expensive coffee machine from this company. Before doing to I check it’s in stock, reserve it then obtained the gift vouchers (which I wouldn’t otherwise have bought). I purchase the machine, pay for it and am provided with a receipt and delivery date. 4 days later I receive an email to say Curry’s cannot provide me with the machine and refund the vouchers REFUSING to then refund the cost of the vouchers to me. The lady ‘ROSETTA’ who I had dealings with should NOT be employed in customer service. She alluded to me attempting to commit Fraud and Laundering Money. Her manager who was more polite certainly was unable to resolve the issue. I now have a very expensive gift voucher that is of no use to me whatsoever and no coffee machine!!! Would AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!"
"I visited the Reading Gate PC world yesterday looking for a Laptop for my 9 year old son. I was told that I had to pay a £40 set up fee. When I got home we decided to purchase a Laptop bag. Only to discover that the £40 fee is optional. Beware of sales persons deception, I watched him check with another member of staff as he was a trainee. I will be calling the store today for a refund of my £40, and to make a formal complaint."
"The reason for writing this review is the difference between two Curry’s stores. I wanted to purchase a TV so went to the Chester Store. Oh dear not a good experience, staff were not really interested in serving me and just about managed to tell me that they didn’t have what I wanted but did tell me where I could. Travelled to BROMBOROUGH what a difference. The staff were helpful, polite and the service was first rate. Even though Chester is local to me within 1 mile of home I will in the future travel the distance to BROMBOROUGH."
"went to buy ( Bracknell branch) Galaxy Samsung So phone and could not find a ruder salesman....unhelpful...burly....Grimm looking....argumentative.....and WORST OF ALL had a very bad BO.......if he is on commission he list it on £599 how much the phone cost...I purchased it for the same money at John Lewis what service is a DREAM....CurrysPCworld should wake up or they will go under....."
"You advertise promo laptop on line, try to buy, not available so go to store (Bluewater) they suggest new stock will be in “soon” but why not try Crayford butvin second look all stick allocated to difplay or reserved for customers. Still shown for sale in store and on line but actually no stock in the SE or England. This is a scam promo. Same spec laptops are suspiciously available for up to £200 more! Hmmm! I have used PC world many times in the past but this is not acceptable and I hope Trading Standards are on to them. Simply put on website that out of stock and the same in store. This is misleading and probably illegal. You will destroy your reputation if you behave in this way. Shame, you offer value for money and choice - just be honest please."
"The biggest rip-off people you could ever meet. Over a year ago I bought some headphones, cost just over £100. I never ask or wanted insurance, but the git kept pushing....still I said no. I've just realised £9 a month has been taken out of my bank account for so called insurance over the past year. So that works out I've paid these money grabbing gits another £127 for a pair of earphones that cost £100. Not at any point did I ask or say yes to any insurance. I will never deal with them ever again!!!!"
"In my life first time I see one nonsense company curry pc . I bought printer and I pay 3 years repair garunty them. now what happen printer not working . As well I contact with them , they gave me number cannon service center and cannon gave me one Adress far way that if you go with this product then you can buy new one cuz you weast your time and loss money for communication so please don’t pay them repair garunty money ."
"I have now had three wasted journeys to Curry's (Staples Corner). I ordered an item to be collected in store. When I went, the item was out of stock. they re-ordered it and promised to send it to me. It never arrived. I was then told it was re-ordered for the next day. When I turned up, it could not be found. I left a total of three emails (two of them sent from customer services to the branch), none of which have as yet been answered. Really not worth the hassle (and i still do not have the item I oredered and paid for!)"
"Selling display items by telling its brand new.. drove 1 hr to get a laptop reserved and found it was used product. Still purchased it with some discount but found product was faulty after getting home. Very disappointed. I am not sure if I should make a formal complaint on pc world."
"Absolutely shocking customer service from the staff at PC world Tamworth. Upon purchasing a laptop, they did not make us aware of the cosmetic damage, as well as the fact that the screen was not working properly. When taking the laptop back, they were unable to fix it as it was a clearance model and therefore we were required to purchase a different model. The staff were rudely questioning why we chose a touch screen laptop, as that is apparently a poor choice, and were using pushy sales techniques to make us buy a laptop. Not only this, but a colleague told us not to ask her questions as she “didn’t know much about computers”. This was absolutely laughable for someone who works at PC world. Finally the customer assistant serving us, spoke to us like a human being and we chose a similar laptop to replace the faulty one. However, when we got home to turn the laptop on, we noticed that it had not been set to factory settings meaning the display model settings and accounts were all still there. We have therefore had to spend the evening resetting the laptop back to its factory settings. This is frankly unacceptable from a company such as PC world who pride themselves on excellent customer service and excellent product knowledge. However, this was not evident in our experience at the Tamworth store and I shall not be shopping there again. I hope this is an isolated incident and this type of poor customer service and product knowledge does not occur at all PC world stores."
"Sales Person was only interested in selling me insurance and anti virus for the laptop I purchased - Over the Top pushy sales, if it had not been the laptop I really wanted I would have walked out!!!"
"PC world airport park coventry. Awful customer service. My laptop failed, has had 2 new hard drives and 2 major software operating system fails. They refuse to refund me. 'Know how' won't write it off until hardware fails 2 more times. Pc world could but will not refund me. The RUDE spikey haired dude said quote "if you fancy a new laptop you could've created a problem with it". This adds insult to injury, and frankly gives pc world a rating of zero for me. I am taking my case to Hewlett Packard. After years of expensive purchases and realising that when I come to use my monthly payment protection it is WORTHLESS, The 4 repairs equals a refund doesn't count unless it's 4 hardware fails!!! Who knew? Only then to have the assistant tell me I could've created the fault intentionally? How exactly? Just to cause myself 3 years of pain ? Good point. Duffers. Spent hours on the phone, hours in the shop, weeks waiting for repairs, still cant have a fit for purpose laptop as it keeps stopping."
"I ordered an iPad from Pc world Croydon and was told to pick it up from Purley Way. Waited 40 minutes to be told it wasn't in stock. I am absolutely livid. waste of my time and money."
"waste of time going in to store best off checking if the item is in stock by .go online says they have stock go down what a surprise not in store our stock shows we have stock in store with another branch 5 mile away get there NO STOCK try selling you a alterative item TWICE THE PRICE have you this in stock YES we have no wonder twice the price"
"Terrible. I purchased a desktop computer a year ago and from the start it was painfully slow. After calling the helpline and being asked to reboot and clean up the disc etc I was told I would need to restore the computer and restart everything. I took all the info off and reinstalled all the programmes and the computer is as slow as ever. No service. No help."
"New £360 TV, sound gone too low to hear sometimes, has to run at 100% all the time. Want me to take it back (39")! and lose it for seven days at least!. I am a disabled pensioner 77yrs old. You can guess what I said to them!. Was a good customer, bet they have had £4000.00 out of me till now, no more."
"Corrupt.... If I could rate 0 Stars I would never experienced sales or customer service like this company..... I won't give all the details as I could write a book but all I can do is warn people never ever buy anything from this company if something goes wrong with your product within warranty then they are a nightmare .... they also mis sell products stating something is new when it is used as evidenced by the laptop I recently bought with another persons account and personal photos on the machine ..... avoid, they are disrespectful of customers and their sales staff devoid of morals ........"
PC World is rated 1.74 based on 180 reviews