PC World Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend PC World

How would you rate PC World ?

(optional)

154 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Ordered a CPU after 8pm and it arrived next day by courier.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about PC World in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Ordered a CPU after 8pm and it arrived next day by courier."
Toby Hulme
"Very good customer service and happy environment in the shops"
"Did not honour warranty on laptop that was less than 12 months old"
"Very bad customer service in Beckton Retail Park store. It can wise to avoid this store. Very happy with online service."
"I think it says a lot that I’m having to type this on my phone. After buying a PC from them it arrived with a clearly corrupted operating system, the windows key was invalid and it would crash when running updates. After a day of this it had crashed so many times that it couldn’t even do a factory reset. After arranging an exchange they told me it could take several days recieve a new one. I paid extra for next day delivery and yet a week later I am still without a working pc. No refund for the waste of money on the original delivery even. Wouldn’t buy a toaster from them let alone another computer."
ANDRE DA MATA
"dedicated staff"
Darren Watson
"Purchased a new laptop which failed a little over their 14 day replacement policy. They then kept fobbing us off with "Dont know". In store say to call customer care. Customer care say talk to store. PC used to be good but are now to big to give a rats rear end about its customers. After a month of chasing every day they eventually gave a refund claiming thay had lost the laptop. So, with this experiance i will never again use this shoddy retailer."
"Trade in your old laptop offer was a real con with no valuation anywhere near advertised. Poorly trained staff and terrible service in store with no staff looking to offer advice or assistance."
Mathew Bellingham
"my laptop brock within 3 months of purchase. it has been 3 weeks and still not fixed. no communication and when i phoned yesterday i was on the phone for over 20 mins tobe told it may take more than another week."
Dovydas Kochanka
"prices are way too high compared to other shops, most of the time when you show up to the shop they never have the items in stock so you just basically waste your time and effort."
Margie Stockton
Unverified Reviewer
"I went into the Truro store today with a laptop I purchased from PC World 6 years ago. I explained to the lady on the desk that the battery had died and asked how much it would cost to have a new one fitted. She informed me that it would cost at least £70. I then told her that in that case I would be interested in doing a trade in on a new laptop. I was then redirected to a member of the sales team. I repeated the information and he told me to look at some laptops whilst he found a technician who could run a check on my laptop to work out how much I could have for a trade in. When the technician arrived I explained once again that the battery had died and it would need to be plugged in. This was done, he then spent quite a long time trying to upload a programme. Quite rightly he asked for help but was still experiencing problems. I now think that he was in too much of a hurry and had not given sufficient time for the programme to load as whilst he went away to get more help the programme appeared on the screen He then commenced the check which started with the general condition of the laptop - all good. The next check was - BATTERY LIFE!!!!!!! I told him yet again that once he unplugged the battery the laptop would not work; he tried it anyway and then told me that it was not worth anything!!!!! I felt so angry as I had wasted so much time. The staff member did not even try to persuade me to look at one of the other deals instead! Three members of staff had been told about the battery and not one of them appeared to know that a dead battery meant no part exchange. I felt very angry having made a 44 mile round trip for this total waste of time. Needless to say I will not be setting foot in PC World again. I have now ordered a new battery online for £20. PC World - well done! You lost a sale on a new laptop but saved me a great deal of money in the end. TeamKnowHow should be renamed TeamKnowNowt."
"Ordered an electric range cooker costing over £1000 and was given a delivery estimate of 5-7 days. This period came and went. After chasing the order via a very long telephone call (at my cost), was told it would be delivered on the 20th Feb (about another two weeks). I received two text messages from their 'TeamKnowHow' confirming a four-hour time slot. Made all the arrangements, cleared the area. After a six hour wait, no one turned up with no message to say why. I spent another 45 mins on the phone only to be told they didn't have an explanation and it would be another week. I still await the outcome. Absolutely abysmal. Shop staff at the time of ordering were good, however."
"Shop PC world is a scam site. They advertise falsely. They are the equivalent to a wish.com site. Do not order anything from this site!!!!!"
"Sent my son's 2 in 1 laptop off for repair to Team Know How as it had a cracked screen. Came back. Screen mended, but one of the docking ports had been damaged. Sent back again. Came back with further damage to docking port. Sent off again. I rang head office and it was agreed that as it hadn't been fixed in 14 days I would be sent a voucher which I could use to purchase a replacement. No voucher. but Team Know How said that they had repaired laptop. Went to pick it up today. No repair had been done. They said that the repair was cosmetic so wasn't covered by their policy - even though they had caused the damage. Rang head office, promised a call back today and that my complaint would be escalated. No call back. Told to go back to store which had been processing my repair and get them to issue a complaint. Did so, but nothing can be done as the person who looks at the complaint will not be in until Monday. Rang customer services back while in store. Told to send laptop back again. This is the fourth time. They said that the loss assessor would see if it could be written off. It had already been written off by a loss assessor a week ago. My son has now been without his laptop for over 3 weeks. Please customer services sort this problem out. Also, when you promise to phone back please do so."
"No star! Worst customer service. More like no service. I bought computer last year and after sometime keyboard stop working. When i brought it back they said than they will send it to UK for replacement and i will get phone call when it will be back.That was in September. I waited few month and no call. So i went to the shop and was told that they will look into it and give me a call. Noting happened. I went back 6 times and each time was looked at like i fall from the moon. Nobody no nothing or worker resign. Still no keyboard. Each time They took my info and promised call back next day. Last was past Thursday. Most likely will newer see it again. Disgraceful."
"Worse experience ever Incredibly awful customer service experience! My complaint is regarding a TV I bought 2 weeks ago, I have to say the experience online was seamless: easy and quick process to purchase the item, free delivery during the weekend. So far all good. On the Sunday I was expecting the TV, my boyfriend and I waited all day long the delivery but after 7pm, we realised it was not going to come. No email, no phone call, no delivery note to inform us that we wouldn't be delivered on that day. First frustration: we lost one day of our time off for nothing at all. On the next day (Monday), my boyfriend called Team Knowhow to check what happened on the day prior. He was told that the "head offices" had not yet authorised the process and that we hadn't been charged but that we would receive an email within 24h to confirm the next delivery. Later during the day, we checked: we had been charged. Second frustration: we lied to us. On the next day (Tuesday), I called the Team Knowhow as we hadn't received any email so we had no idea what the situation was. A man admitted the truth: they were out of stock. But good news, they were to receive some stock on the next day. He promised me I would receive an email confirmation wihin 24 hours (again). But we didn't receive anything. Third frustration: we have lied to us (again). On the next day (Wednesday), I called again the same team. Emily from the team informed me that the process had still not been authorised by the "head offices" which is the reason why we had still not received any email...After spending almost 1 hour on the phone, I got her to check with her manager Jamie what could be done to find a solution. Jamie managed to speak to the "head offices" and told Emily I was going to receive a call on the next day to confirm the delivery. But of course, I didn't receive any calls... And fourth frustration: we have lied to us (again). On the next day (Thursday), my boyfriend called and found out we were going to be delivered on Saturday morning. A couple of hours later we receive an email confirmation: great news, we are finally getting our TV!! But... today (Saturday), I waited all morning (from 6am as per scheduled delivery time) for nothing. Still no TV and no news from them. So my bofriend calls just before midday: we will be delivered in the next 30 minutes. At 1pm, I decide to call again. A lady informs me that there has been an issue with the van therefore a delay but no worries "it is a 100% sure" that we will receive it this afternoon. At 6pm today, another lady calls: we won't be delivered the TV today but tomorrow afternoon. We ask what time, they can't tell. We share our frustration, she hangs up (!). We try to call back, their offices close 6pm...What a joke. So at the end, no TV (but charged), 8 phone calls, 2 failed deliveries, 24 hours waiting at home, 7 days of frustration = NO SOLUTION. Can't wait for tomorrow..."
Unhappy Shopper
Unverified Reviewer
"Went to wednsbury PC World to purchase a pc for my son. Purchased the legion gaming computer for £850. When I went to pay for it I asked if it had a keyboard and mouse. The sales assistance said no. I asked if we could get one and he said yes at extra cost !!!!!! I have just purchased a computer at £850 and wasn’t even offered the equipment to use it!!!!!! PC World have basically sold me a machine I can’t use without more purchases. They should be discusted with their sales. WONT be buying from them again they should wear masks like dick turpin as it is day light robbery !!!! They didn’t even offer discount on the keyboard and mouse !!!!!!! Very very unhappy shopper.........."
Julie Cooling
"Missed delivery 4 times in 5 days, then item was damaged. Things only got put right when I complained on social media. The CS telephone teams were hopeless."
"I visited Norwich PC World today and am completely shocked. After walking into the store with a view to purchasing a laptop there and then, I could not find anyone to chat with and had to search for up to ten minutes for a member of staff. Once we found someone he was more than useless and had no opinion or any information. Needless to say I left the store and will be purchasing my laptop elsewhere."
"I am not one for leaving reviews but with pc world, i have made an exception. everything from I house customer care, to phone support, warranty, etc is as bad as I have ever experienced, my review is not a one-off experience but an accumulation of awful customer care, I will summarise below. 1. sold faulty laptop and refused to replace as I had it over 30 days even though I paid extra for a replacement service. 2. rude members of staff 3. for some reason I went in on Xmas eve into the Friern Barnet branch only to be ignored as I stood at the counter to wait for service. 4. poor support on the phone where they couldn't find the product I purchased in order to offer repair. 5. after having to flag down a member of staff to ask if I could purchase an Alexa, I was told it was sold out, they were to lazy to put sold out stickers on their products, after deciding on a different product i once again stood by the product while members of staff ignored me, after abruptly calling out"excuse me" to another member of the pc world team i then asked if i could have a google home, once again i was told it was sold out, again no sold out sign. these are the most recent issues with pc world. I have dozens more. avoid this company, there are many companies that offer the same products that actually care about their customers."
PC World is rated 1.82 based on 154 reviews