Recovery for Athletes Reviews

Recovery for Athletes 5 star review on 7th January 2021
Chris Fornof
Recovery for Athletes 5 star review on 2nd January 2021
nicole killion
Only rating a 3 because I haven’t received the cycle yet (otherwise it would be a 5). An email confirmation says it was shipped almost 2 weeks ago but hasn’t arrived and the tracking number doesn’t work. Josh has been responsive but can’t seem to track it down. An update would be great!
Easy to navigate site, received my package ($1400 smart trainer) faster than I expected. $50 delivery charge was reasonable but when I tried to add the $50 NEO mat the delivery charge jumped to $250. The person on the phone couldn’t offer much of an explanation and no help so I had to source the mat elsewhere. Also I was charged $130 as a brokerage fee to get my item into Canada. Although Recovery shouldn’t be responsible for that fee I believe they should make it more clear that orders delivered to Canada will be charged this brokerage fee. To be clear this isn’t a duty charge. I was also charged $230 in sales tax ( which I expected) at the border so I suggest that Canadians that use this site should be aware of the significant additional cost when comparing prices.
This would a 5 star review except for the horrible experience we had with the technician for assembly. See below for additional details.
Hi Katie,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. Hayes actually brought up your order in our team meeting today and we will no longer be using that technician in the Nebraska area. Once again, we are SO sorry about this and will not let it happen again.
I would love to rate this bike and I'm looking forward to riding it. BUT, i have not received it yet. I will let you know, if it ever gets delivered.
Took almost 1 month for my bike to be delivered. While I’m understanding to delays etc I feel that if I wasn’t proactive about checking I might still be waiting.
Just feel the overall communication regarding my entire experience could have been better and not me being the one to be reaching out during the whole thing
But it came and I love it
Hi Kori,

Thanks so much for your patience during our very unexpected and fluke delay. We were just as surprised as you were when our scheduled inventory shipment did not arrive on time. We are happy to report that we are back on track now! Once again, we are so sorry for the delay but glad we were still able to get you it in time for the holidays!
The product is excellent but my problem was not the delay of the delivery, it was the lack of transparency and communications from Recovery For Athletes
Hi Ahmed,

It looks like you requested a different address for this to be delivered to. We were able to stop the order in time from going out and have now changed the address to the one you requested. Your watch with the new address will be shipped out tomorrow.
I am really disappointed in my experience with RFA. I took the promise of the ‘price match guarantee’ to be an honest offer. However, when I found a lower price you refused to honor it. That’s a real lack of integrity.
Hi Cynthia,
We spoke about this numerous times and found that our price was almost $200 less than the price you showed us since we do not charge for shipping and we do not charge sales tax. We are the lowest price guaranteed.
I would have rated it as excellent except that we were told that with the “Y” connector we could run 2 cuffs at the same time. We tried and they run about 8-10 degrees warmer (Estimate) with both hooked up. This is not acceptable to us. We called and they asked if we had added extra water with 2 connected? We said yes, and tried again still not acceptable. Then a factory rep called us and said the same thing, said he would call back to try it again. We tried it again but results were no better. He didn’t call back so I called and left a message, over a week has gone by with no satisfaction or returned call. The “Y” connector and straight knee sleeve is drained and back in their bags, they are of no use to use to us and almost $900 Sitting here wasted. I would have liked to have a refund for the these items. So later when I hurt something else I would order that sleeve for that body part then.
Found you all to be wonderful to talk to.However, it took 3 weeks after my credit card was charged, for my bike to be sent out, and it was only after I spoke with the woman at Keiser in shipping Sandy Lopez Who was wonderful. I fortunately have an Account with Fed Ex so I knew when it was coming, because your company sent an Email 2 hours b4 it was delivered. Hayes also told me you would send someone to put the bike together and then texted me to say “my mistake” it would cost me $150.00. I called after receiving the bike and told him how nice all of you were, but you didn’t provide adequate service. After my having to do your job to expedite things, and the $150.00 mistake, you should have done something to make me feel important. Even if you offered to send you a Polar Heart Rate monitor, which works with the Keiser bikes, and I believe costs about $35.00, would have made the difference in how I felt about your company. Just something that would have made me feel this isn’t the way things normally work for you. Keiser Co. was wonderful, bike was packaged beautifully, had no trouble getting in touch with who I needed to talk to. Just felt like i had to do your job. Not what I expected
The thing to remember about Recovery for Athletes is that they seem not to manufacture or stock the majority of what they re-sell. They accept orders, which they forward on to whatever company manufactures the goods that were ordered, but they don't manufacture anything and they don't seem to stock anything. So if you run in to difficulties with your order, there is almost nothing they can do. They're just a middle-man. They may make a good-faith effort to support you, but that's it.
It would of been better if you were upfront about the delivery time on my new bike.

It was ordered April 20 and delivered May 14. Hardly the 3-5 days advertised.

I realize things are different because of Covid 19. It would of been better customer service if you were straight up front about delivery.

Other than tat, all good. Bike was expertly packaged and easy to assemble. It works great, just like the one I used at the gym.

Good luck .

Mark Grifo
Hi Mark,

We completely understand your frustration with the shipping times. Had we known about the delay then we would have advertised that as well, but we honestly did not know. Logistics with the COVID-19 situation are very difficult and we will do a better job in the future to make sure the correct lead times are being advertised.
I would have appreciated a heads up on the month long wait to get the bike. I realize that the current demand is high for this product however before I bought the bike I emailed Jared to find out how quickly it would be shipped. I was told 5-7 business days, my purchase was heavily based on that information. The bike is great, it came really well crated and I’ve used it every day. Thanks.
Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for your patience with us during COVID-19 craziness. We were doing the best we could to stay in contact will all of our customers and we were sending weekly emails informing our customers of the unexpected delays. At the time of your purchase, we did not know of the delays. Luckily these have now been mitigated and production is catching up. We hope you enjoy your Keiser bike!
Recovery for Athletes is rated 4.78 based on 375 reviews