RIAS Reviews

of reviewers recommend RIAS
Read RIAS Reviews

customerservice@rias.co.uk

Tell us how RIAS made you happy
Quote increased by over £140 from previous year . When I asked for a reason why , I was told the quote was automatically generated ? ! No explanation ! However 5mins later the quote was reduced slightly but as this was not acceptable , there was a pause & more money was taken off ! That was a reduction of over £100 ! Oh we have some leeway to reduce the premium , I was told . Not interested ! They also were not prepared to pursue my 3rd party bump , which resulted in having to accept a 50/50 blame . I was out of pocket ! Not a happy bunny as it took over a year for them to come to that decision .
after accepting quote, never got a telephone call on day i agreed to pay.
Hope the person who was suppose to call me is ok.
RIAS loss is your gain.
Ok until you need to cancel and then they clobber you with a £50 fee!! Shan't use them again - think that is an extortionate amount to charge someone- don't be tempted with the low cost of overall insurance!!
Won't use them again .
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Changing to them from lloyds bank due to price, evidence of no claims very hard for them to understand even though lloyds phoned them and explained I had not made any claims since buying the car,person I spoke to amazingly rude and was very tempted to change my mind and stay with lloyds but as I had been recently widowed could not afford the extra money.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
This probably typical of insurance companies, but they were not willing to provide a competive quote for renewing and even discount on multiple vehicles. They didn't care about rewarding loyalty and no claims record. They were very quick to charge me £50 for cancelling my insurance.
this is the worst insurance provider i have had in 30 years of driving
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
Keep getting ' fliers' from RIAS, stating that their car insurance policies start 'from'£160.00
Got a quote for my twelve year old ford focus estate,maximum no-claims-bonus and a clean driving license for fifty years. Lowest quote offered was in excess of £380.00
Would be very interested in finding out, exactly what make and model of car that cover for £160.00 could be obtained. Perhaps examples of this should be made compusury, on their letters.
Have recently left your RIAS Motor Insurance after being with you for some very successful years.
In Jan 2016 we could not agree renewal terms & agreed to try a change.
At the end of the year I will probability make some enquiries.
Regards
Robert F Ramsay
I recently changed my insurance over to another vehicle the first lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful but when I phoned back I had a gentleman but I found him very rude . He didnt want to explain anything he just wanted to read from a script I know there are certain procedures you need to follow but I found him really unhelpful
Hi, thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. If you would like to discuss your comments, please contact a member of our Customer Service team on the above email, we would be more than happy to help you. Kind regards The RIAS Team
My renewal quote was double the premium paid last year. My first enquiry was dealt with very poorly by Joe, who attempted to fob me off with vague general statements as to why this might be, and said that if I looked around for other quotes I would find this very competitive.
Before doing the above I tried again several days later and got Rebecca, whose attitude was completely different. She spent time researching and came up with a quote which, although still over £150 more, was not £350 more, and which I accepted.
Usually a good service, but when renewing recently there were some issues with the wrong date being entered on my certificate of Insurance. When calling you to put this right I found it very difficult to make your telesales staff understand and was kept waiting on the telephone for 52 minutes.
I have an elderly relative who needed help. This meant I was away from home when my Brian toy was delivered (several weeks after I paid my insurance premium). Annoying as I had written requesting a Brian delivery window of two or three weeks in early April when I knew I would be back at home.

My delayed Brian delivery request was ignored so I wasted my time.

Is this is typical of your customer services? If it is you will not remain in business very long.
I have recently re-insured my car (Bora) with you, but you charged me more over the phone than your original offer. When I asked for the original quote I was told on the phone that it no longer applied. Why? You ought to be recompensing me for the difference between your original quote and what I was charged.

I am still awaiting a certificate of insurance,by the way.
Clement Dodd
I was not happy when my renewal premium went up over fifty pounds same cover
no claims
I was tempted to switch and save forty pounds but next year I will certainly change

ALEX HENDERSON
I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM YOU ,REGARDING MY CLAIM
Unfortunately I have experienced very poor response in obtaining my Insuranc documents for my
car.Also no sign after a Fortnight of receiving my Breakdown documentation.Very
disappointed with this poor level of service.
Hi, thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience regarding your policy documentation. If you would like to discuss your comments, please contact a member of our Customer Service team on the above email, we would be more than happy to help you. Kind regards The RIAS Team
I renewed my car insurance with Rias in February, I am still waiting for my certificate of insurance to arrive. I have made phone calls about it and just keep being told they have sent it.
made two phone calls,put on hold for over fourteen(14)minutes then hung up,second call lasted over thirteen(13)minutes before I got someone to speak to.VERY POOR SERVICE.
Where is my new policy which I have paid in full for. I have one day to go before my old policy runs out. I hope the police do not want to see my new policy on Saturday because up until now I haven't got one. I live in hopes the post will bring it tomorrow. It should have been here by now. Poorly done RIAS.
RIAS is rated 4.02 based on 1,423 reviews