skinny food co Reviews

of reviewers recommend skinny food co

Tell us how skinny food co made you happy
skinny food co 1 star review on 23rd June 2020
Michelle Larravide
skinny food co 1 star review on 12th March 2020
Emma
More Photos & Videos
Deserves no star at all. Products absolutely disgusting and its a complete scam as you end up being subscribed for a sauce every week, at nearly £7 a bottle its an absolute rip off. Buyers beware, ABSOLUTE SCAM
Also the mayonnaise looks like jizz. I don't know what jizz tastes like and if anyone tells you differently they're liars.
After reading so many good reviews on here l decided to order 3 sauces all savoury ones! I can not believe the reviews on here! As a qualified cook l know what tastes good and what doesn’t. The ingredients list was shocking and all artificial! The smell of the honey and mustard made me retch! The consistency is like water even the mayo one! I asked my family to taste them with me and they all spat them out and said they were disgusting. I agree they are revolting! I wrote to the customer service dept asking for a refund as they were inedible and they refused ! Please please don’t buy these artificial awful sauces full of bad stuff! At least try someone else’s first and don’t get caught like me. Do some research as there are plenty of reviews online saying the same as mine! I wasted my money. Just to see if it is just me I’m going to take the sauces to this weeks slimming world taster night and film the outcome!
Ordered bbq sauce & curry sauce, both clearly state carb free, even the bottle says carb free except when I eventually get them after 9 days , the nutrition info on the back clearly states they do actually have carbs in them !! Emailed customer service, and all I got back was , yes well there is a small amount of carbs, you can’t advertise it’s free of something if it isn’t , I would never recommend this company, it’s only getting 1 star because zero is not a option, they offered a refund without the p&p , what a cheek
The only way I would order from The Skinny Food Co again is if I was being held at Gunpoint. Firstly the order took 8 days before it was even dispatched. Placed an order of 4 items, totalling just under £19 and received 1 wrong item. So they wanted me to post it back to them to get my right item. I refused as didnt want to be out more money. Offered me a 4.99 discount code with a minimum spend of £10!!!!!!I also refused that.
So they then said they would send the right item. They somehow sent the wrong item again.
Eventually after dealing with 2 different people and a massive delay in replies, I got a refund. Customer service was terrible, waiting days on end between replies and having to explain that this was their fault continuously.
The maple syrup is lovely apart from that, I wouldn't recommend.
I am a new customer to the Skinny Food Co and have yet to try any of their products therefore i am basing this review only on the business and customer service, not the products. I wont waste my time writing extensive comments outlining the problems i faced, a good company should have already identified things that irritate customers from the reviews i read here and fixing them. I will therefore summarise:
1) The website from first visit bombards the life out of you with popups - for offers and marketing gimics that annoy the heck out of you. The website also loads very slowly on some pages which i lost interest in very quickly.
2) I ordered 3 sauces as a one off and by default i was enrolled in a subscription for further orders whereby the company can help myself to my bank account indefinitely. Perhaps there is some obscure box the customer has to DEACTIVATE to prevent a subscription but by DEFAULT you are enrolled. I then had to create an account on their website to cancel the subscription. I have seen other companies do this and it is despicable. I'd imagine many a elderly person has fallen prey to this behavior. I wonder if the BBC's Watchdog program would be interested in this.
3) I ordered at 06:58am, realised i was forced into a subscription and at 08:25am emailed to cancel my order. I immediately received an email back from one of their representatives with a stock email that didnt address my cancellation. Later in the day after sending several more emails they told me it was now too late to cancel and the goods ARE BEING SHIPPED whether i wanted them or not. If they would've cancelled my order after my first email i would not have to pay for return postage when i send the products back for a refund. This is another tactic of a bad company - delay response until the goods are shipped and then maybe the customer will get bored and keep the products rather than pay to send back for a refund.
4) My opinion only: The glowing reviews on their website are fake. No-one seems to have had any issue with the above (obviously repeatable) problems. There are also reviews on TrustPilot that corroborate this.

I hope this review actually makes it to the company owner and it dawns on him that reputation is king. Bad business practices such as the above will eventually lead to bad reviews and your sales will fall.
Subscription scam BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!
Some products are not bad some are totally disgusting.
Customer service is pathetic, a real con set up!
Do not order from this company they scammed me with subscription and took another payment over 40 pound out of my bank a week later then egnored my emails and I have sent about 6 they keep replying with a automated email if I don’t hear anything in a few days I shall be taking this further as I want a refund to something I did not sign up to! I got my delivery the mayo actually made me gag next smelt anything so disgusting in all my life was like a bottle of glue couldn’t even attempt to taste it went straight in the bin the porridge is tasteless and so is the golden syrup the peanut butter was like water just over all bad! The only decent thing is the protein bars which you can get from your local super market don’t know how this company dares sell products like this there vile and have the cheek to scam people and charge them weekly and everything is so over priced terrible terrible terrible what a waste of money never again!
Avoid this company. I don’t have an account but appear to have a subscription and they take money which is not authorised, every week. I’ve tried to contact them and no response Avoid this company
I like a lot of the products, but really disappointed today as i got my order which i did not receive the chocolate orange spread i paid for, which also said on the receipt in the box, but was not there!! So make sure you check your order! I also think if you spend £60 then you should get to free different products, i feel really let down with the orders i placed this time, as i have tried to message them and had no contact back! And there is not a phone number to phone!
This company have a very sly trick on their website, if you miss the small print and don't tick a box the order you have put in is sent every week! if you try to contact them they conveniently are "too busy" to web chat and what a surprise they don't advertise a phone number. send them an e mail to tell them you want to cancel the subscription that you never knew you had and you get an auto robot style reply that puts all the work on you to sort their mess out.
AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS THEY ARE CROOKS! NOT ONLY THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE POOR IMPORTANT RUBBISH, SKINNY MAYBE BUT RAMMED WITH SO MANY CHEMICALS THAT ARE BAD FOR YOU.
Really disappointed in this company. Majority of their products are watery and tasteless. When i tried to leave honest reviews on their site for the disappointing products i got, i found they were deleted later. Its strange to me that almost all their reviews on the site are 5 star. Think there may be some fake reviews being left/ honest ones being deleted. Avoid at all costs.
Used to love this company so much, until they started trying to scam customers with 'subscriptions'. I've made the same order every few months for a couple of years and somehow ended up with a weekly subscription last time - where one item of the two was delivered on BOTH occasions but both were charged for and a refund is refused. Copy and past e-mails received over and over when trying to query. Reporting to Trading Standards at the moment- PLEASE AVOID!!
Ordered sauces and cooking oils , sauces are inedible - taste vile !!! I have also been signed up to a weekly subscription without my knowledge- already had 3 payments taken out of my bank!! Told can return my products but have to pay for return myself- will cost too much so won’t be worth it - they don’t pay for returns. I only ordered to help a company out with what’s going on at the moment- wish I’d never bothered !! I’m now £70 out of pocket when I originally ordered £20 worth of products, this company are so unfair with the automatic hidden subscription!!!
I hate leaving bad reviews- but the products I ordered from Skinny Foods are honestly awful. I ordered 3 sauces and all of them are inedible and taste like glue. The reviews on their website are so positive, so I was shocked when the products tasted as bad as they did. Don’t waste your money :(
Not great service at all. Very very slow delivery and when I asked to cancel my order, they refused. Their email responses were quite abrupt and generic and they completely ignore you on social media. Their customer service needs a lot of work!!!!!!!
Ive been lied to as well. Had notification a week ago it had been dispatched with 48 hour delivery (I ordered it 10 days ago) and Royal Mail are yet to receive the parcel from SFC.
There is no phone number to speak to anyone, only a non-active live chat, email or online query form (which promises to reply within one working day) - I have tried all of these methods asking where my items are, and requesting a refund as I've not had my goods, but have had no reply. So they have my money and I have no goods and no response. So theft basically
Truly awful sauces. They taste like flavoured plastic with a horrible aftertaste. Tried maple syrup, pancake mix, custard, birthday cake and whites chocolate. What a total waste of money.
I reviewed two of the products in their website but neither of them are showing so I’m thinking they may only post the positive reviews hence my review here.
Placed my first order on the 8th June , it’s now the 2nd July and still no order .
Awful customer service keep telling me to wait another week , they reckon they’ve shipped Re shipped the order out but the tracking for Royal Mail keeps saying the same . They are refusing to give me a refund .
I’ve spoke with Amy , Claire and Lucy and they’ve all said different things they have no clue
Awful service and would never buy from them again
I have been set up with a subscription I never asked for they just keep taking my money say go on my account to cancel I was a one time buyer so don’t have an account gonna cancel card daylight robbery
skinny food co is rated 3.96 based on 396 reviews