smarTours Reviews

Under an hour
customer service
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Excellent guide, perfect group size (22), very nice itinerary.
Trip to Patagonia and Buenos Aires was fantastic. The tour guides were amazing, very personable and knowledgeable. I would recommend to anyone!
I have to admit that India wasn't on my bucket list. Yet, I went to the Best of India tour with a very open mind and with some encouragement from a friend who visited 4 times. To start, our flight on Emirates was amazing. We were well fed and well looked after. The connecting flight from Dubai to Delhi was a bit cramped and a bit delayed. On arriving to Delhi we were greeted by our tour guide Jasveer. From the onset he was affable, humble and very fluent in English. What a great sport! He remembered all our names on the first day. He is witty, knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Our hotels were remarkable and the hotel staff in each hotel are polite and helpful. The monuments and places of interest were unbelievable and the rich history of India leaves you spellbound. I won't give away any of the monuments but I guarantee you will be astounded. Our tour guide took extremely good care of us. Some were very senior citizens of the USA and others capable of helping themselves. The co pilot and driver were safe, friendly and helpful and very punctual. One caveat we were not prepared for is the fact that you need to take your toilet paper with you wherever you decide to use the washrooms! All in all I came back so joyously overwhelmed and witha new appreciation for the culture, life ,customs and brilliance of India. I have been telling friends family and customers of my wonderful experience with smartours . You all are truly amazing and efficient. Thank You! Sharon Gildharry
I was told by others that the quality of Smart Tours has gone down in the last several years. I would have like to have seen Vila de Leyva, Boyaca, and Santa Marta and more about Simon Bolivar especially since the Netflix series is very popular. However, our guide Carlos was beyond outstanding, he became everyone's friend and is an expert at everything he taught us. One coffee plantation is enough! Airline delays are ridiculous and Smarttours should NEVER book late flights out for senior citizens. The pace was far too strenuous for many people due to airline delays.
As in any tour, the tour director can make or break it. Our guide was great. Our South Africa trip was simply super. Well thought out and the best follow-through. We'll be telling all of our friends about this one. We travel a lot, so many times our friends use our experiences for their decision making.
Excellent guide. Great itinerary. Well organized. Good value. Very good meals. Just a few negatives: We did not appreciate having to depart from our Sandton hotel at 3 pm for a 9:40 pm departure on our final day in South Africa. Also we would have liked more time at the Apartheid museum, and I would recommend skipping the warehouse buying centre we were taken to after. I felt pricing and variety of goods there were disappointing compared to earlier buying opportunities. I also was frustrated with the difficulties using my Canadian based VISA for the final payment. If you want to encourage Canadian clients , you may want to improve your banking payment facilities. All in all, though, we were very happy with the trip and the tour company and have already recommended it to many friends.
Tour guides have always been excellent, as have hotels. I have found that even when there is a medical crisis, smarTours makes sure that everything necessary is done to insure adequate help in times of injury or illness.
My holiday was very enjoyable. Everything was planned to each little detail. No complaints at all.
Our guide was exceptional and really made the tour fun! Keshara made the tour. Very knowledgeable, and caring. China east airlines was probably the worst airline I have ever flown! Lousy service. The food was inedible and the seats uncomfortable. After 15 hrs this experience did not put us in a good frame of mind to begin the tour. The elephant camp was a huge disappointment. The sites were great and the cooking lessons were really fun. Other than China East, the elephant camp and the awful air pollution we had a good time. Hats off to Keshara.
From beginning to end our tour of South Africa was unforgettable. Our guide was passionate about his country; he was able to teach us, keep track of us and show us an amazing time, effortlessly . From major cities to 3 wonderful safaris the tour was beyond expectations. Would love to see a tour offered of the east coast of West Africa. With Jereme as a guide we always felt safe and couldn't imagine that the next day could be better than the one we were immersed in. Thanks for great planning....can't wait til my next smarTour. Stephanie
Smartours does an amazing job of planning our trips! We loved Vietnam and Cambodia and our tour guide Tommy was absolutely amazing! Thanks for another great trip!
An amazing safari experience! Guide worked hard to help find the animals. Lodges and food were good. I would travel this company again.
Great tour guide - Tariq.
The Egyptian tour was a great experience. Our guide, Khalid, was friendly, warm and well versed in the history of his country. The hotels were top quality and the tour was very complete.
Recently returned from Smart Tour Cuba highlights in Jan. The local guide, Ned Enedis was amazing. She was so passionate about her country. She was extremely knowledgeable and very informative. The first hotel, Hotel Melia Cohiba was fine. The second hotel, Hotel Jagua was unexceptionable bad as well as Hotel Americanas. Unfortunately, we never got to tour the cigar factory. We spent too much time on the bus, not enough time to explore on our own. Boxed lunch on the bus was totally unexceptional. overall too much time in the van and not enough to to explore.
After spending a considerable amount of money & a lot of energy here are my comments for your Thailand & Cambodia tour. My guide Nok seemed like a caring person, devoted to her Buddhist faith, but this DOES NOT MAKE FOR A GOOD TOUR GUIDE. She told us Smartours gives her free reign to plan & arrange her Thailand tours. Not good, just about all we did was about Buddhism... several temples every day, donating money to the temples & the Monks. All the Hotels were far away from the city centers, making us dependent on Nok & our bus. We were captive to go only to where Nok arranged & took us. She arranged massages for us, restaurants, a visit for fine jewelry, silk, & bootleg handbags- she knew everything we spent at her friends stores & restaurants. Our hotels were not good, besides terrible locations. One of the hotels had no working telephones in our rooms, which did not make us feel safe. Many of us had electrical & plumbing issues. We also had many one night stays, having to deal with packing too often. Our Air Travel was the most grueling arrangements known to mankind. Whoever arranged these flights would never have arranged it for themselves. My return from Cambodia involved 4 flights with 5 hour layovers at crazy hours like a 1:55 am flight from Shanghai. We also had to be out of our rooms in Siem Reap at 2 pm for a 7:30 pm flight, not considerate to your travelers. We spent a full day traveling from Thailand to Cambodia, not far, but terrible planning... was this just to cut back on Smartours expenses? THE ENTIRE TOUR SHOULD HAVE BEEN ARRANGED FOR THE COMFORT AND QUALITY OF YOUR GUESTS. Motor coaching the entire country of Thailand, staying in undesirable hotels, near nothing but sometimes a mediocre mall, was not what we want to do & see when touring a fascinating country. Our time in Cambodia was somewhat better, but still our hotel was out of the downtown area. I travel a great deal but this first tour with Smartours, does not compare to my experiences with other companies. I must say I am terribly disappointed with Smartours. .
We've been to Thailand, China and Egypt with SmarTours. In each instance, we've had comfortable accommodations, amazingly organized and helpful guides who really knew what they were talking about and were proud to show us the country they loved. Best of all, we saw all the sights we wanted to see, and then some. SmarTours offers a remarkable value!
Very good tour director.
Our first SmarTour to Cuba. Our guides and bus driver were wonderful and our minds are full of incredible memories of this beautiful trip.
Great value