smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Isela
Anna
smarTours 5 star review on 20th January 2020
Joseph
One of my favorite trips ever. Very well organized and run. I loved our tour guide Helga. I listened to her every word. The hotel was wonderful. Friendly and comfortable.
But most of all I loved the Icelanders themselves. And of course the amazing beauty of the island.
Interesting country!!! Did not appreciate being brought back to the hotel at 2:30 in the afternoon with no agenda and no maps or information to go on our own. Hotel was not in a good location for walking around.
Wadi Rum was awesome - loved the "tenting". Petra was awesome; enjoyed the Petra night show.
The hotel at the Dead Sea was beautiful and fantastic!!! However, our guide dropped us off on Thursday afternoon, and had our group not made plans ourselves, we would have never seen each other after that.
Some notes about our guide: he seemed to be quick about dropping us off, as if he couldn't be gone fast enough. He did not stay in the hotels with us. When we went to the Jordan River, at the last minute he said we could be baptized if we wanted to. That was way too late to make any arrangements. We had a group of 14 which was probably planned for 30 or 40. Perhaps he was not happy doing the tour knowing the tips would be short.
I've never been disappointed in any of the tours I've taken with smarTours and my trip to Thailand was the 5th tour.
I enjoyed my trip to Iceland. This was the first time I have taken a SmarTours trip and it was not as organized as other trips I have taken with other companies.
Ron Mac Gregor was an outstanding tour guide.
All good. The only suggestion I have is to let people know there are some hikes on uneven surfaces so they might want to bring hiking sticks. Also some the surfaces were wet and slippery so to make sure they have non skid shoes.
Firstly, Ivad, our guide was amazing. He made some small itinerary changes that gave us more time in the highlight stops (like little Petra). He was informative and professional. Things that I think could improve: hotels were fine, but locations were out of the way. It also would have helped if your office noted which hotels were "dry" . Beyond that I would gladly recommend this tour.
The Radisson Hotel was old and dank and not acceptable. The other hotels were fine.
Jermey was amazing information past present SAfrica. 1st days very rushed need to change. Too short time gardens need at least half full day winery town. Skip tasting unless joining with picnic lunch. The apartheid museum need a guide full day not good. Lion walk amazing would have enjoyed horse back riding. Hotels were beautiful. Didn’t enjoy village Zulu with natives too long And game reserve replace both
Overall amazing can fix poor and add to good easily
Amazing trip. Country ride beautiful as well as lodge. The real South Africa.
The Hurtigruten part of the tour was fabulous! Also, everything was well coordinated and the Buenos Aires Hotel was excellent. Good location.
Our tour director Marcelo was very good.
Our guide, Ahmed was great. The many sights, pyramids, Valley of the King & Queens, camel rides in the Giza Plateau, the balloon ride, museums & archeological sites were wonderful. There were negatives too. It would have been better to pay a fee upfront then have all the tipping. Our coptic church guide was very nice but not as well versed as he could have been, perhaps a Christian or Jewish guide would have been better. The wifi situation was less than ideal with free wifi only in lobby of the Movenpik and spotty wifi on the Nile. The breakfasts were great, but the other meals except the restaurant after the papyrus store visit were not. That restaurant was great, but too much food. The Marriott breakfast was outstanding, but the dinners were not ideal. The recommended Asia restaurant in Luxor was excellent.
Guide was excellent. Hotels were very good and the sites were good> Your insurance is poor. Insurance should start when you bbook the trip.
It was great and enjoyable. Loved the scenery, and the tour director, Victor Leiton, was knowledgeable on all the different aspects of the tour operation.
This was our sixth SmarTours experience and one of the best. Even though much of the time was on a cruise ship with others who were not part of a tour group, our tour leader went above and beyond to keep us informed and to make the trip as enjoyable as possible. It is hard to overstate the comfort and convenience of having someone else be responsible for making reservations, travel connections and local arrangements in a country whose language we don't speak.
We had an amazing trip. I give Ketsara a 20 based on a scale of 0-10. Yes way above a 10. She was an amazing tour guide and cared about each and everyone on our tour.
We had a wonderful trip. This was our 4th trip with Smartours and each has been fantastic. As with other Smartours'tour guide, Ketsara took excellent care of our group. The carona virus cut the size of our group to 11 very compatible people. The itinerary and accomadations were all 4 or 5 star. Comparing other companies pricing to Smartours, we did and saw the same places and did the same activities at a great price.
My trip to Antarctica was life changing! What an incredible expedition. The whole experience is amazing.
Our first tour with Smartours, but certainly not our last. It was organized, well run and you got a lot for your money. Our guide Victor was exceptional. He was knowledgeable, well versed and very much a peoples person. He added to what made this a very memorable, fun trip.
The safaris were very well organized and our tour guide was awesome!
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,366 reviews