smarTours Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend smarTours

About smarTours: smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy

Under an hour
"Positive guides, hotels etc. Optional tours absurdly expensive and not necessary. Enjoyed mix of major cities and excursions to beautiful and interesting venues."
"Positive: Kenya -Tanzania Lodges, food, game-drives, driver/guides were all good Negative: Tipping for bags, dining room attendants, escorts, etc. was just too much (not dollar-wise, but to have ready cash available). SmarTours should include all tipping in the total price so that customers have a pleasant, cash-free experience throughout. Also, for those of us who took the Tanzania extension, there was no need to hop from Nairobi to Kilimanjaro. We could have gone there in just 4 hours on the road across the border. What a waste of time going through immigration, customs, security, check-ins etc."
"We recommend SmarTours.Staff friendly,service great.Small groups a lot better about 25 to 30."
"This was our 5th tour with SmarTours. June 6-19,2019 tour to U K was the worst of them. On 6/24/19 I called and discussed all issues with Customer Service Rep. Ms. Pauline. I hope, the main reasons of our discomfort and the bad taste that the tour was conducted by the subcontractor "Abbey Tour". 1. Bus was cleaned only once at the end of the tour. It was a small of the waste in the bus. It was not equipped with WiFi. 2. Hotels portage: No control over our baggage loaded in the bus; long waiting time 3. Dinners included in hotels poorly managed, no choices, underfunded. 4. Tour Director; did not escort group outside of the bus; long pleasant talk with the driver but not to the group; information was presented was dry, not entertaining and short; very limited managing skill."
"The cost was a bit expensive but I enjoyed it, especially that was the first going to Iceland. The tour was very thorough and itinerary was followed as written. I enjoyed all the places went to, especially the Blue Lagoon. I’d like to come to see the Northern Lights next time."
"I just returned from the Amazing Thailand tour in July with my granddaughter and it was fantastic!! Our guide, Ketsara and her crew were truly outstanding. I cannot say enough about them and their care and concern for each person. We were blown away ...this trip was way more than we expected. This is my 2nd Smartours tour. My grandson and I had a wonderful time in China 2 years and our guide Oscar was just great. I tried to book another for next year but the selection of tours and dates is a bit skimpy. So very disappointed... hoping the new year will bring back all the missing dates and tours!!"
"Overall was ok. The highlight of the tour was Great Wall. But enough time was not given there."
"Good value for the money. I like the free time. I like having most of the lunches snd dinners on my own."
"Smart tours and guests are lucky to have such a wonderful guide, she went above and beyond what was expected , she made my trip memorable"
"As always, great tour. I'm already planning next one"
"Excellent experience to Dubai. Tour guide Muhammad Salem was great from day 1. Will definitely be booking my travel experience with Smart Tours again."
"Tour was good. Scenery excellent. Tour guide was first class"
"They do a good job at a reasonable price. This was my 2nd tour with them."
"This was our first guided tour, and I have to admit,I was reluctant because of many reasons. But was I ever wrong! We had a great experience, thanks to Smartours, and especially to our tour guide, Peter Murphy. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable about all the places we visited, but he kept us entertained and laughing during the coach rides. I highly recommend this trip!"
"My only complaint, was a difficulty with the language barrier. I was unable to grasp the accent by our tour guide. I thought It would get better as the tour went on, but it didn't so i missed most of what she said."
"Excellent tour guide, superior lodging and facilities. Good mixture of scheduled activities and free time"
"We enjoyed the tour in Costa Rica, It was everything that we expected from Smartours. We have been traveling with you for many years and will continue to do so."
"3 great vacations; 3 great prices!"
"Our Smartours vacation was great. We went on the Best of The Orient trip."
"From the other people on the tour I heard our transportation should have been a regular tour bus. Also we didn’t have headphones to hear our tour guide when in an open space."
smarTours is rated 4.39 based on 805 reviews