smarTours Reviews

Under an hour
customer service
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Great value
The tour was very poorly planned the tips were exhausting the tour guide was terrible I will be very hesitant to do another tour with you
We came back from our recent trip to Thailand and Cambodia at the start of this new year (2020). Even though the traveling time to get there and back to U.S. was very long if you factored in the flight time, connection time, multiple airports, we still had a great time with smarTours. Kudos goes to our tour guide, Nok, in Thailand for she bonded with all of us and took care of us all the way from start to finish. We missed her the minute we boarded our plane to Cambodia. Thanks for offering such a wonderful tour.
Only reason tour not “very good” is last night at hotel on Dec 17 I received over 30 bites from bed bugs that I am still treating.
The itinerary was planned well. The stay in Rio was short. I would have enjoyed staying two or three more days there.
I recently completed a 8 day tour to Cuba. The trip and activities were very fun and informative. My tour guide was very nice but needs a little more training I feel. She has been to Cuba several times so I heard a lot of her experiences sometimes her trips were a little more interesting than what we did or were able to do, so she could have kept that to herself. She also left our group to figure it out more than once so she could do what she had planned for herself.
I couldn't believe how incredible this trip was. From the moment Ketsara picked me up at the airport, I knew I was in good hands. She was so kind and warm and knowledgeable. We spent the right amount of time at every location. I loved learning from her (I definitely recommend having hearing devices throughout the entirety of the trip -- not just in Bangkok!). I loved the variety of tours we went on. This was a life-changing experience and I can't wait for my next one!
Being contracted out, the tour was not as good as when conducted by sarTours personnel. The tour guide did not go the extra mile. The float trip was a loser. Walking up the steep, muddy bank with no steps or hand rails was dangerous. Past trips with smarTours have been great.
I like Smart Tours for their planning and organization of their tours. It has being a pleasure to travel with this company
Tour was well organised with knowledgeable,experienced and courteous guides.We had wonderful highly educated group.It was great educational experience.We are lucky to be part of it.
Loved meeting new friends. Loved having an experience tour guide.
Hotels, flights & buses were great. Very good value! The local guides could have been better. Singapore’s was a substitute and she struggled with time management and control of the group. Our Bali guide let some people talk him into stopping at McDonalds and at KFC so they could get food!!! Service was so slow and the entire bus had to wait for them. It added an hour and a half to the end of the trip!!! Our Bangkok and Hong Kong guides were excellent!
At age 80 and in good shape, I found it to be very active. It was nice to stay “home” in one of the 3 wonderful hotels and get a message. The tour guide was Terrific fun, caring, knowledgeable, and protective. Never felt unsafe in any way. Our group was exceptional. What fun we had
Kiet and Dee were both wonderful and knowledgeable tour guides who couldn’t do enough for us. All the hotels were lovely and in great locations. Halong Bay, Hoi An and Angkor Wat were the highlights for me. So glad I went and can’t wait to do another tour with you.
This trip exceeded my expectations. And the Blue Lagoon more than lives up to its hype. And we saw the Northern Lights. Could not have been better.
Excellent value, experienced tour guides, nice hotels.
The customer service people on the phone were not helpful most of the time and did NOT call back when they said they would. I would have given a lower review if it wasn't for our tour guide, Marcelo who was awesome. I would most likely not use SmarTours again or recommend them.
Marcelo our tour guide went above and beyond what most tour guides provide. He was always available to answer questions or give suggestions for various activities. I would have preferred to take a direct flight from JFK to Buenos Aires.
Our trip was to Costa Rica in Dec. Tour guide/drive were outstanding as was the size of our group. Loved the itinerary. Would rate as overall Very Good except the last night at our Hotel (After we had completed our written evaluation and turned it in) my wife had over 30 bites from bed bugs during the night that still haven't healed in over a month. She notified the front desk on our departure and our tour guide and provided a photo of the bites to tour guide. She also wrote to Smartours but did not receive any response.
The .guide to my last trip to India and Nepal was exceptional! (Nov.8-Dec. 10 ,2019)
smarTours is rated 4.40 based on 1,285 reviews