smarTours Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend smarTours

About smarTours: smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy

Under an hour
"I missed the first day of the tour due to plane mechanical problems and the weather delaying the second plane. SmarTour staff were very helpful in assisting in catching up with the tour. The tour itself was fantastic-I very much enjoyed our leader and the folks on the trip-20 total and saw more than I could have scheduled myself. There was plenty of leisure time. I would definitely travel again with SmarTours-lots of bang for your buck!"
"A good value! On every tour I've been on, we've seen a great deal. The guides have been informative and personable. For the most part, the hotels have been centrally located and the accommodations good. I always recommend Smartours to people when discussing trips."
"Great trip to Greece, the excursions were phenomenal. I just think more thought need to put into traveling families so they can be seated together on a long flight. I also informed Smartours about my daughter's vegan option when I booked and no accommodations were made on this long flight. When I called Emirates they told me they needed at least 48 hours notice. However, I wont allow that to take away from my exceptional trip."
"Great trip... so much history old Europe style. Provided plenty of free time. Guide was knowledgeable and with real life experience"
"Too many flights./cities Wasted time 6 flights. Too long in Hong Kong. Tour guide in Singapore not helpful. Tour guide Hong Kong hard to understand Your guides Bangkok and Bali were good."
"Was my second tour with SmarTours and was not disappointed. The Tours guides were great and I learned about Greek culture and appreciate ancient history"
"A well-organized and wonderful experience. Our local guide, Akiko, was so knowledgeable and personable, eager to share her experiences with us. She was very helpful in finding each member of our tour group the perfect place to eat and shop. Hotels were very nice and the travel arrangements were handled well. Highly recommended."
"The tour was fabulous. Our guide Sun made the experience exceptional."
"My trip was a trip of a life time! It was way more than what I expected! In the future, I will be booking another tour! This time a trip for only singles, if you have such a things! Also I would love to go on a pickleball cruise for all that have played pickleball or would like to learn!"
"Tour manager was very knowledgeable and kind. Local guides were good also. Hotels-most were nice one under construction. Dinners that were included were acceptable except for one, no choice told we were having duck, had to complain about that and was given chicken. Nice that flight was included but to go to Helsinki was out of the way. Finding guides at airport was a problem not told what gate to meet at. We found bus before we found guide."
"We had a wonderful time. The walking tour guides were terrific and our bus driver/guide was charming."
"The tour and the tour guide in Russia was exceptional. What I was not so happy with is that the flights to Russia was cancelled and we were told not to go to the airport via voice mail and email. Some of the people who did not get the notices went to the airport and was able to get a flight via Swiss Air. Others lost a day waiting for the next day flights, When we got to the airport there was noone to greet us. We took a taxi to the hotel and the guide told us that she cannot reimburse us for the taxi cost even though we had a receipt but that we had to get it back from Smartours and you told us that you would not reimburse that and we would have to file a claim with the insurance company. What a SCAM!!!"
"The trip was fantastic our only problem was getting to our first stop since the baggage handler left her station before checking time was over."
"Once again, two different prices for the same trip. Not GOOD!!! This is the second time that I am aware of this. How many of your VIP customers had a price that wasn’t YOUR best price! NOT RIGHT. I now have to second guess what I should be paying! Trips are terrific, both itinerary and service."
"This was our 7th trip with SmarTours. During five of those trips, we have had excellent guides. This trip to Scandinavia was not one of them. Jarle spoke softly and quickly, did not mention that the luggage would be removed from the bus and that it would was supposed to be brought to our room, kept changing times to meet, and didn't give us information about how to exchange money, nor teach of simple words such as "please, thank you, hello and goodbye" . He also dissuaded us from taking the optional tours, one of which I had planned to take. We will not be traveling with SmarTours again."
"Positive guides, hotels etc. Optional tours absurdly expensive and not necessary. Enjoyed mix of major cities and excursions to beautiful and interesting venues."
"Positive: Kenya -Tanzania Lodges, food, game-drives, driver/guides were all good Negative: Tipping for bags, dining room attendants, escorts, etc. was just too much (not dollar-wise, but to have ready cash available). SmarTours should include all tipping in the total price so that customers have a pleasant, cash-free experience throughout. Also, for those of us who took the Tanzania extension, there was no need to hop from Nairobi to Kilimanjaro. We could have gone there in just 4 hours on the road across the border. What a waste of time going through immigration, customs, security, check-ins etc."
"We recommend SmarTours.Staff friendly,service great.Small groups a lot better about 25 to 30."
"This was our 5th tour with SmarTours. June 6-19,2019 tour to U K was the worst of them. On 6/24/19 I called and discussed all issues with Customer Service Rep. Ms. Pauline. I hope, the main reasons of our discomfort and the bad taste that the tour was conducted by the subcontractor "Abbey Tour". 1. Bus was cleaned only once at the end of the tour. It was a small of the waste in the bus. It was not equipped with WiFi. 2. Hotels portage: No control over our baggage loaded in the bus; long waiting time 3. Dinners included in hotels poorly managed, no choices, underfunded. 4. Tour Director; did not escort group outside of the bus; long pleasant talk with the driver but not to the group; information was presented was dry, not entertaining and short; very limited managing skill."
"The cost was a bit expensive but I enjoyed it, especially that was the first going to Iceland. The tour was very thorough and itinerary was followed as written. I enjoyed all the places went to, especially the Blue Lagoon. I’d like to come to see the Northern Lights next time."
smarTours is rated 4.39 based on 840 reviews