UpTrade Reviews

of reviewers recommend UpTrade
Read UpTrade Reviews

support@uptradeit.com

550 S Watters Rd, Suite 276

Tell us how UpTrade made you happy
Phone came without charger, I sent 3 messages with no response.
I sent my phone to Uptrade for sale and was quoted $40. After they received it, they reduced the price to $20. This is a similar complaint by others and appears to be a common business practice.
Uptrade sent back the phone after numerous emails and I sent it to SmartphonePLUS. Within a couple of weeks, I received $44. I found SmartphonePLUS on the following marketplace:
Have problems using phone. Also trouble getting response from home button. Jan
Ordered a phone at a reasonable price when my old one died. Even paid for expedited shipping. When I didn't receive it after 5 business days, I tracked it, and it hadn't even been shipped yet. I emailed and called them, however they "Don't take calls" and every email was responded to with a generic "Sorry, we're busy". I waited an additional 8 days, as I understand that COVID has effected almost every aspect of life, but when I checked again, my order still hadn't even made it out their door.

Including weekends, it was a full 18 days and somehow in that time, they never found the time to ship my order.
Phone doesn’t operate correctly, nobody returns inquiries
I Ordered a refurbished iPhone 7. Charged it over night, set it up in the morning, and within an hour the charge dropped down to 30%. I did everything suggested by Apple experts, but still, the phone would get very hot, lose it's charge and die. I was happy we could buy another one and receive credit from the malfunctioning phone upon returning it. But, before we could even send the first phone back, the second iPhone 7 arrived.
It started off functioning slowly, and then it would get very hot, and lose battery life very quickly just like the first phone. So now what? Do I have to buy a 3rd phone and go through this again?
All these lovely staff people apparently tested and inspected these phones, but this could not be a thorough inspection. They look good, and seem nice, but there's no way the inspection process involves turning the phone on for half a day, adding apps, and actually using the phone, sending texts, etc. Now what? I did pay for the 90 day warranty on each phone, but do I get my money back?
I was a very frustrated when I received my order because I paid an extra $60 for my iPhone to be unlocked and when I received my order the iphone was locked and I had a really hard time getting the phone to be unlocked so I could use my previous SIM card on it. The sound is also really quite on this phone but that might just be that way on all older iPhones idk.
I bought an iphone 7 in excellent condition. I was out of town when it arrived so it sat for 3 weeks before I opened it. The packaging was legit, it looked sterilized. But when I opened it there were crumbs all over it which i thought was weird and it had a few more scratches then were listed and expected from an excellent condition rated phone. The phone itself functions properly so no complaints there except after using it for only a couple weeks, the battery doesn't hold a charge anymore. And of course letting it sit for 3 weeks and using for 2 put me past the 30 day return policy so I didn't even try to return. I've never used uptrade before so I don't know if it's them or if this is just what happens when buying used even when spending a little extra to get a phone in better condition.
..................Update.................
After writing my review above ^, I received an email from Uptrade informing me that a supervisor would be contacting me shortly to try and remedy my experience. It has been over 3 weeks and I'm still waiting for that supervisor to contact me. What a joke.
Hi Kevin,

We are disappointed to learn that your device was received in an unsatisfactory condition. At UpTrade, we strive to give our customer's a sense of pride in knowing that buying a used phone does not mean that they will be treated second class. Our customer service team is here to help at every step and stage of the way with any issues or anything unsatisfactory you may find with your device while you are using it. A supervisor will be contacting you shortly to see what we can do to remedy this situation.

I complain about my phone being always hut when am using it or charging it.
Hi Wale,

We are disappointed to hear that your new device is giving you trouble, but we are here to help in anyway we can. A supervisor will be reaching out to you shortly to further assist you with your device.

Thank you!
The delivery was as expected on the delivery date and price is amazing BUT ! The phones battery was garbage. It only charges up to 90% not a full charge and dies extremely fast. Not satisfied with the overall purchase I hope this issue gets rectified. Thanks
Hi Erica,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. According to your order record, your device's battery capacity was displayed before the device was purchased. Nonetheless, we are more than happy to exchange the device within 30 days of it's delivery. Please feel free to give us a call at (972)-833-0136 or send us an email to support@uptradeit.com to inquire about our return and exchange process.
Sold me a phone with a balance on it.
Hi Gresyn,

We are terribly sorry that you received a phone from us with a balance on it. We have run this phone through our IMEI background database and it shows as clean. We will be more than happy to offer you a full refund for the device if you wish.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed. Thank you.
I had a bad experience with this company but it wasn't entirely there fault I just wish they could have done more I never received my package so I called them and they were very polite and tried to help me by calling the postal services but I still haven't received anything and I am out of $110 that I spent and they were not able to do anything about it or refund it to my knowledge so it's a Gamble with them just be mindful
Hi Dymeir,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with us. We worked with you to file a claim with the United States Postal Service and they were able to undeniably verify that your device was delivered to you. Unfortunately in this case if they are able to confirm delivery without a doubt, our hands are tied. We are always here to help as best as we can. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything else we can do to help.
I wrote a review earlier and now I'm updating it after I've received a second phone. I'll give the whole story.

I first ordered an iPhone SE that was advertised as "Best" condition and having 85% battery capacity. The battery went from 100 to 1% in 1 hour of use. It also doesn't report battery life accurately, so it may die suddenly when it says 50%. Customer service was very bad too. First, the phone shipped out 1 week late. Secondly, I talked to 2 separate people about this issue and both times, they said they'll look into the issue and get right back to me, and then they forgot about it. So after 3 days of consecutive calls, I finally got a shipping label to return the phone and options to exchange it for a better one (same price, so not really a "deal"). This only occurred after I spoke with the Customer Service Manager, who argued with me for 20 minutes and insinuated they couldn't help me further because I wrote them a 1-star review that accurately described the situation.

Now I have an iPhone 6S and yes, it's better, but still has battery issues. It says it's at 85% capacity, but I need to charge it at noon if I want to use it for the rest of the day. It actually just died when it reported 50% battery. It looks like the saga continues and I'll need to pay to have the battery replaced, which will cost me another $40.

I give them 2 stars because at least they tried to remediate the first situation. However, the phones they sell kind of suck and so does their customer service.
Paid for expedited and shipping was delayed. Tracking showed shipping labels printed and delay was in release from facility. Called and no update was provided.
UpTrade is rated 4.51 based on 646 reviews