UpTrade Reviews

of reviewers recommend UpTrade
Read UpTrade Reviews

support@uptradeit.com

550 S Watters Rd, Suite 276

Tell us how UpTrade made you happy
They have my phone and changed the offer by 180 dollars. I would not use this company, bate and switch I will taking legal action.
Sellers beware use at your own risk. I wish now I could get my phone back.
I ordered a phone Monday. It’s now Friday and it still hasn’t shipped. Tried contacting them but they don’t answer phone calls, emails, or by text. 303$ and I can’t even cancel my order!! Supreme Bulls..t
Do not EVER trade with these people. I gave them an iphone 11 with minimal scratches on the front screen. They not only offered me barely half of the offered initial price but now they wont answer the phone or my emails. Dont get scammed by them. Will be talking to a legal team soon.
Ordered one phone, they shipped another. No one answers their email, phone is un answered. I have had to challenge the charge in the hope they will respond. Very sad customer service.
I'd like to leave this company a positive review, but there's just been too many mistakes and delays on their end.

Shipped them two pristine iphone 7s (one 32GB one 128GB). Uptrade received them, inspected them, confirmed they were perfect -- but somehow mismatched the two phones (marked the 32 as 128 and the 128 as 32) and offered a lower price. I brought the error to their attention, and they fixed it 5 days later -- restored their original price. Now 14+ days after approval (and 3+ weeks after they received the phones), I'm still waiting on my payment, with no further communication from Uptrade.

Consider looking elsewhere unless you have a lot of patience, and are willing to be very, very persistent. They won't answer their phones due to COVID, and email response will be slow. My hope is that I'll get my payment one of these days...
Promising 2nd business day payment on buy back - waiting almost a month and still no payment... bordering with SCAM now
Well I dislike writing bad reviews but this what happened: my nearly flawless iPhone 7 (with a
I recently bough an iPhone X in excellent condition. Went through with payment and got a confirmation number. Now after waiting for 3 days, I didn't even get an email and it said my order number didn't match my email even though I KNEW it did, only received a text with my order number. And now I find out my order got refunded?? For no reason? No explanation? I was really looking forward to this phone and I was so glad I got such a good deal. But no one told me a thing, couldn't even call or email. Bad service honestly. I want the phone that I PAID for. Or an explanation as to why this happened? My order number is XS2021011817044108200326
Horrible customer service and received very glitchy phone with no resolution
Shipped my device on 12/23. Wasn’t contacted once until 1/6 during inspection. Was told it didn’t meet the criteria I listed it as (understandable, it happens). I then requested it be returned, and a week went by before I received confirmation of my response. In fact, I received 2 emails and a text stating they had not received my response regarding my acceptance or rejection of their revised offer - when I had received an automated reply to my request.

Long story short, it’s 1/19, and my device hasn’t even touched USPS’s hands yet. This is a month long ordeal, horrible response time, and completely unacceptable. I have sold to other buying companies in this same time frame and their turnaround time was 4-5 days - for everything! Completely terrible. Do not use them - I recommend GreenBuyBack or GadgetTraders. Super quick and great customer service!
Do not use this company!! The claim high dollars for used phones but then after you sent them they change it saying the condition does not meet their standards. Total SCAM!! Beware and do not use them!!
They said my phone wasn’t functional, and offered me $0. I know it was in working order. When I asked for it back, they magically offered me $12. Seems like they were trying to rip me off. Communication took weeks too.
I sent my Samsung S7+ in and was offered me $340. For $17 you can expedite your process so I did. I send my phone in which is in mint condition and receive a video of them unwrapping my phone. Days later I get a revised offer.

They say there was a scratch on the screen but no scratch when the screen is on. New offer is $260. Then I accept because I'm over the hassle, and select ACH payment (PayPal higher fees or e-check no fee but 10 day payment). So.for ACH (which costs them NOTHING with the bank, charges 1.99% plus a fee.

I can't post pics but here is the video they sent showing the immaculate condition my phone was in https://vimeo.com/498126624/2e9e1a6880
Password 4789
Initially I was pleased with the Iphone 7 I ordered for my son, until we went to activate it and found out that ot was only AT&T compatible and we needed Tmobile compatible. Now I have emailed Uptrade 10 times and all I get is an automated response. I was told I would be able to exchange or refund and now for a month I have no resolve, stuck with a phone we cannot use. I get blown off by them repeatedly. I will be reporting them to the Attorney General. I have one email response where they admitted to their error, but still no follow through to resolve. First time purchase with them, will be last disgusted.
Very frustrating experience - sent in a phone, upon inspection they reduced offer by more than half. Which is fine - I disagreed, so I asked to have the phone returned. Then magically the offer was increased. I hadn’t asked for a better offer, though, I asked for my phone to be returned. It took two more requests and three more emails over four days to get them to confirm it would be returned. Now it has been 10 days since they told me to expect return/tracking information and I haven’t received any information or any responses.

Be aware that their business model is at least partly predicated on intentionally lowballing the revised offer and hoping you don’t feel like waiting for your phone to be returned so you agree to the offer. Even if you’re successful getting them to confirm that it will be returned, they will make it as difficult as possible. I would advise others to look elsewhere.

It appears that the company has a practice of routinely disputing bad reviews on this site. I’d be happy to post the full thread of all communications with them.
They are scam don’t sell your phones with them, I try to sell my iPhone 7 with them it said $108 next day payment. After 2 weeks they quoted $4 for it, phone was in perfect working condition it was my primary phone. I would not recommend, lastly I requested to return my phone and it’s been more then 4 week they still haven’t returned it. You cannot get hold of support. I would not recommend selling it.
*update: the owner of the 1 person business will not stop spamming me with requests to remove my negative review. It’s harassment and is disturbing.

Incredibly slow processing. They took 20 days to ‘process’ my phone. They literally had my phone for over 2 weeks before they even looked at it. Then they tried to lowball me with $120 less than my original offer for some imperceptible scratches that aren’t even visible during normal use.

I had previously used decluttr, which has a 3 day turn around time. Do not trust Uptrade. They use bait and switch tactics, have horrible payment practices, and are horrendously slow. I had to turn down several full price offers for my phone while waiting for uptrade. They must be run by a single person. what a joke.
This company is a complete scam! They stole my brand new iphone XR. I have never had an issue with FedEx or my packages mysteriously going missing. I finally hired a lawyer to investigate and as it turns out they kept the phone and were re-selling it. All the while they blamed FedEx. Please do not use this company. They won't be around for much longer.
Super clear cut review here. I have an iPhone X 256 gig on Verizon that since day one has had a screen protector on it and lived in a carbon fiber case. I was offered $330 for it by uptrade. They ran out of boxes for me to send my phone in so I dug out a box and sent it in myself. They received it and told me my screen was “defective” and they’d give me $110 for the phone. I asked what was “defective” about the screen and they refused to answer multiple times via email and straight up ignored phone calls. I told them to just send my phone back. 2 weeks later, I get my phone, run tests on the screen and it is fully functional and operating normally. Just for giggles, I took it by Apple and had them check it. The screen is fine. They just didn’t want to pay the quoted price for my flawless phone, end of story. Needless to say, I have lost trade in value of my phone because of these scam artists. Lesson learned.
Hi Tayt,

I'm sorry you did not have the greatest experience using our service.

The issue was not that we did not want to pay the full amount, we will pay exactly what we offer for the exact condition of the device 100% of the time.

Your device in particular had what is referred to as "Screen Burn" or "Ghosting" on the lower left hand side of the panel. This is a defect in the screen itself. This is not to say that the device is not functional per se, but it can not be sold as is on our website. It significantly reduces the value when these devices have this issue.

As you can see, we have plenty of satisfied customers that received their offer in full as expected. We are in no way trying to scam any of our customers.

We hope to use this case and we will learn how to better describe these scenarios to set better expectations for our customer in the future.

Once again, apologies for your less than stellar experience.
Sent my phone in. They changed the offer so I requested my phone back. They do not respond to emails or answer their phone. No way to communicate with them. I would never use them again.
UpTrade 1 star review on 1st December 2020
Hi Adam,

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately I have to disagree with your post. I looked through your communication history and see that you just sent in a request to have the device sent back. (Which was done in a prompt manner) We have open lines of communication in the form of e-mail and voice. At this time, we are only responding to voicemails via calls due to office restraints involving COVID-19. You sent us a phone stating that there were no scratches on screen. The image that has been uploaded was taken directly from the unboxing video to show the condition in which it has arrived. It clearly shows that the scratches are indeed on the screen and they are quite significant. We understand that everyone may have their own interpretation on what scratches and faults may be, but we try very hard to stick to simple guidelines for selling and buying. We hope this helps to clear some confusion on what happened. We would also like to thank you for trying our service. Best wishes.
UpTrade is rated 4.51 based on 649 reviews