UpTrade Reviews

of reviewers recommend UpTrade
Read UpTrade Reviews

support@uptradeit.com

550 S Watters Rd, Suite 276

Tell us how UpTrade made you happy
They said my 8 plus had a scratch on phone not screen, always cased but who is going to waste my time to have them return it. Do not trust, bait and switch as they ended up taking the $52.00 more than the other company I looked at would do. At that point I had no trust and just want the lesser amount and be done with them so I didn't call and argue about it, why would you when they know what they did.
Hi Mark,

Our apologies once again for the mix up but I can assure you the intention is not to "bait-and-switch" but to be meticulous with our device inspections so that we can continue to offer the highest price possible for our customers. We appreciate your feedback and I am glad we could get this resolved for you. We will use this an example to continue to improve our service.
I sent them my phone. When they received it, they dropped the price they would accept to 30% of what they promised me. Complete waste of time.
Hello,

Our apologies if you felt that you did not receive a fair quotation. We strive to give the best value possible as you can see from our many other positive reviews. We have to be meticulous with the grading of all devices to ensure that we provide the best possible value for everyone that uses our platform. We do appreciate your feedback as we will work hard to help you and our many other customers, better describe device conditions before sending to us. This will help to set better expectations in the future. Again, please accept our apologies for your less than perfect experience.
I bought an iphone 7 in excellent condition. I was out of town when it arrived so it sat for 3 weeks before I opened it. The packaging was legit, it looked sterilized. But when I opened it there were crumbs all over it which i thought was weird and it had a few more scratches then were listed and expected from an excellent condition rated phone. The phone itself functions properly so no complaints there except after using it for only a couple weeks, the battery doesn't hold a charge anymore. And of course letting it sit for 3 weeks and using for 2 put me past the 30 day return policy so I didn't even try to return. I've never used uptrade before so I don't know if it's them or if this is just what happens when buying used even when spending a little extra to get a phone in better condition.
..................Update.................
After writing my review above ^, I received an email from Uptrade informing me that a supervisor would be contacting me shortly to try and remedy my experience. It has been over 3 weeks and I'm still waiting for that supervisor to contact me. What a joke.
Hi Kevin,

We are disappointed to learn that your device was received in an unsatisfactory condition. At UpTrade, we strive to give our customer's a sense of pride in knowing that buying a used phone does not mean that they will be treated second class. Our customer service team is here to help at every step and stage of the way with any issues or anything unsatisfactory you may find with your device while you are using it. A supervisor will be contacting you shortly to see what we can do to remedy this situation.

I ordered in time for Christmas. I paid extra for expidiated shipping. It said 1-3 days. They called to tell me that it didn't go out on time because of how busy they are. They said they sent me an email stating that processing can take up to 5 days. Of course 5 days doesn't equal 1-3 days and 5 days of processing wasn't stated when they advertised to me. Now, I won't get my daughter's Christmas present until after Christmas unless I pay an additional $71 for overnight shipping. Of course, they won't pay the difference for their error. No, I have to pay for their mistake if I want it on time. DON'T ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE IF YOUR ON A DEADLINE!!
Hi Deanna,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. We regret that we did not live up to the expectation that you had from us, and the expectations that we have set for ourselves. Your experience will help us better our processes to improve our customers' experience in the future. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies and thank you for taking the time to speak to one of our representatives about this. We hope you give us another chance to be perfect in the future.
Uptrade is a bait n switch scam! Do not resell your phone to them. Similar to other reviews, uptrade received my phone and proceed to indicate that there were several problems not present prior to sending. This includes a scratch that was shown in the unpacking video AFTER the individual rubbed the screen/phone numerous times with an apparent cloth. Additionally, they noted that the phone was further damaged and not working. Nonetheless, during the unpacking video the individual dropped the phone! They then did not provide documentation or proof of the phone not working, although the video showed it turned on and began working. This is all concerning and why I ensured to video and document the condition of the phone prior to sending. Therefore, it is my feeling that their “analysis” is an attempt to ensure minimal payment, while they also physically demonstrate their own poor practice (dropping phone, rubbing with cloth prior to documenting appearance). Finally, upon contact, I was never followed up with by their support team. Poor, poor, company that should never be utilized if you hope to obtain the most ethical and appropriate services.
Hello Miss K,

I have reviewed your interaction and I would like to personally apologize for the way your order was processed. Our goal is to pay the highest price possible, as we believe in always providing the best possible value to all of our customers within our platform. Our customer service group is reaching out to you, so please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Once again, thank you for your business.
Very frustrating experience - sent in a phone, upon inspection they reduced offer by more than half. Which is fine - I disagreed, so I asked to have the phone returned. Then magically the offer was increased. I hadn’t asked for a better offer, though, I asked for my phone to be returned. It took two more requests and three more emails over four days to get them to confirm it would be returned. Now it has been 10 days since they told me to expect return/tracking information and I haven’t received any information or any responses.

Be aware that their business model is at least partly predicated on intentionally lowballing the revised offer and hoping you don’t feel like waiting for your phone to be returned so you agree to the offer. Even if you’re successful getting them to confirm that it will be returned, they will make it as difficult as possible. I would advise others to look elsewhere.

It appears that the company has a practice of routinely disputing bad reviews on this site. I’d be happy to post the full thread of all communications with them.
The iPhone X I ordered had a non-working ear speaker (when using as an actual phone). I needed this iPhone badly to replace a previous one so I didn’t bother to try to replace this replacement. But I wouldn’t buy from UpTradeIt again given this poor quality testing.
One of the better experiences I've ever had shopping on line. They are big on giving more than one would expect and I give them my whole hearted recommendation!
First they sent me a phone with massive software issues, a laggy touch screen, and terrible speed. I fixed it myself by restoring the phone using third party software. I made sure to protect against damage with the 90 day warranty. I have been trying to contact them the entire day to ask about their 90 day policy, and have yet to hear a single response. I am extremely disappointed and will make sure to keep others away from this website.
The whole process took far more time than similar services I've used in the past. From start to finish it took 21 days and when I was finally paid it was via an e-check that I had to print and when deposited was subject to a hold because my bank (Wells Fargo) needed to verify its authenticity. The few dollars more that I was paid for my device by using UpTrade v other companies was hardly worth it - never again!
Hi Mark,

We value your feedback as we try and make our process truly transparent for all of our customers.

We do have an option that is paid much quicker that you may have missed. You chose the 14 day option which means the check is not provided until 14 days from the time your device is accepted. This provides a higher payment, but we do realize that time is sometimes more valuable than money. This is why we offer a 24 hour turn around payment after passing inspection.

Hopefully you will give us another shot in the future with this alternative payment option. We appreciate you testing our our platform nonetheless.

Best Wishes.
I placed an order on July 9, 2020. I received a confirmation on July 9, 2020 at 9.34am. On July 9, 2020 at 11.02am my order had been processed. I have heard nothing back since July 9, 2020. I texted them on Tuesday July 14th at 6.06pm and I have not heard anything about my order. I have called, emailed and texted for the last couple days with no response.
Sent phone in on June 11th to sell, on July 6th still have not received payment or any further correspondence past we will notify you once we receive it. It was shipped via fedex from the label that they had provided. If this company truly cares they will reach out to me via a phone call and make things right
The phone I bought wasn't unlocked and Verizon couldn't connect to my account. Waste of money and i will never buy a phone from upgrade again
Hi Kayla,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. We are disappointed to hear that your device was not able to connect to your carrier. We only wish we were notified of this issue much sooner to prevent you from holding a useless phone for so long. Please check the email registered to your order for an email from one of our supervisors who is happy to assist you with this issue.

Thank you!
I bought a phone from this company that was never delivered to me. DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE.
Hi Christina, we have filed a claim with USPS and they have shown proof that the device was delivered. We tried to work with you with no success. You did not want to move forward with any communication with USPS. This make it difficult for us to be able to help you. If you reconsider, we would be more than happy to help.
I wrote a review earlier and now I'm updating it after I've received a second phone. I'll give the whole story.

I first ordered an iPhone SE that was advertised as "Best" condition and having 85% battery capacity. The battery went from 100 to 1% in 1 hour of use. It also doesn't report battery life accurately, so it may die suddenly when it says 50%. Customer service was very bad too. First, the phone shipped out 1 week late. Secondly, I talked to 2 separate people about this issue and both times, they said they'll look into the issue and get right back to me, and then they forgot about it. So after 3 days of consecutive calls, I finally got a shipping label to return the phone and options to exchange it for a better one (same price, so not really a "deal"). This only occurred after I spoke with the Customer Service Manager, who argued with me for 20 minutes and insinuated they couldn't help me further because I wrote them a 1-star review that accurately described the situation.

Now I have an iPhone 6S and yes, it's better, but still has battery issues. It says it's at 85% capacity, but I need to charge it at noon if I want to use it for the rest of the day. It actually just died when it reported 50% battery. It looks like the saga continues and I'll need to pay to have the battery replaced, which will cost me another $40.

I give them 2 stars because at least they tried to remediate the first situation. However, the phones they sell kind of suck and so does their customer service.
I would absolutely 100% recommend upgrade. The process was so simple to follow. Extremely quick response and payment.
This by far was the best find for me.
In the past I would sell my phones on Ebay. After all the fees I found that UpTrsde is the only hassle free, no risk way to go. Very professional, well communicated company. If you are honest with them they will be honest with you. I would suggest them to everyone. You will not be disappointed
Slow as a turtle stuck in molasses. Will bait with high price then switch. Takes forever to get initial quote and then get phone back if you don’t agree to lower price. Still haven’t gotten phone back to see if it’s the same one I sent them. Stay away.
Customer service is the absolute most important aspect of our business. We regret that you did not have the best experience and we will certainly learn from this as we move forward. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us and I'm glad we got everything sorted out for you in the end. Please reach out to our customer service if you need any help from us in the future at Support@uptradeit.com.
Do not EVER trade with these people. I gave them an iphone 11 with minimal scratches on the front screen. They not only offered me barely half of the offered initial price but now they wont answer the phone or my emails. Dont get scammed by them. Will be talking to a legal team soon.
Amazing phones and my son loved the boxing video sent! I loved it too because we all know how her children are impatient and asking when is it going to come ,over and over again. Right as it hit that time I receive the video of it getting boxed up. He got soooo excited 🤣
UpTrade is rated 4.51 based on 649 reviews