Volumio Reviews

of reviewers recommend Volumio
Read Volumio Reviews

About Volumio:

Volumio is an open source audiophile music player entirely designed for high-quality music playback. The software runs on devices such as Micro-Computers and PCs and is controlled with any device with a browser. Volumio allows you to integrate different music formats as well popular music apps in one place. The software capabilities increase with MyVolumio, the set of premium subscriptions that provides exclusive features and gives the user a complete audiophile experience. Music lovers can have the complete audiophile experience with Volumio Primo, the music player and streamer designed for high quality sound reproduction and with an wide set of input and output capabilities.

Tell us how Volumio made you happy
Ich finde Volumio von der Bedienung etwas gewöhnungsbedürftig. Leider sind bei der MP3 Wiedergabe keine Crossfaderübergänge möglich. Im Dateiarchiv muss alles im Rootordner liegen, Unterordner werden ignoriert. Ihr seid auf einem guten Weg, doch schaut euch mal Poweramp unter Android an, wenn das unter Linux mit Internetradio laufen würde, bekämt iht 5 Sterne von mir.

I think the operation of Volumio takes a bit of getting used to. Unfortunately, no crossfader transitions are possible with MP3 playback. Everything in the file archive must be in the root folder, subfolders are ignored. You are on the right way, but have a look at Poweramp under Android, if it would work under Linux with Internet radio, I would get 5 stars.
Je suis actuellement sous Daphile mais je vais sûrement garder Volumio si je règle mes soucis de Wi-Fi
Très bon logiciel
The support for Qubuz isn't as integrated as well I was hoping for so I am now trying Ipeng with picore player and am liking that better. The interface for Volumio is fine, it just needs a bit more refinement I believe. I also didn't care for the expensive package to use 6 devices.
Perfekt --- wollte zuerst einen Bluesound Note 2i zulegen - nach Recherchen habe ich Volumio entdeckt, gefunden was ich gesucht habe und nebenbei einige hundert Euro gespart.
Mein System:
Raspberry pi 4b + HifiBerry DIGI+ PRO - verwende den integrierten DAC von meinen Hifi-Verstärker.
I am using volumio with an Allo USBridge and the Tidal plugin (which costs extra). There are the usual hiccups you would expect from an early-stage, open-source product. In particular, during setup it took time to solve an issue with distortion. However, now that is up and running, I really enjoy it. The sound is genuinely great, it works well with Tidal once you figure out the volumio interface, and the only niggle is that you have to reboot and/or lose connection from volumio to my home network at least once every 3-4 hours. As an early adopter of technology and a music-first audio buff, I can live with this because none of this changes the fact that the sound quality produced by my Q Accoustics standmounts via and NAD amp and a Chord DAC is really excellent.
Absolutely love the software and am using it with raspberry pi 3b and hifiberry dac+pro and my old nakamichi stereo amp. Would love to add a 5 inch touchscreen TFT to make it a standalone player .
Been a Volumio enthusiast long since, yet I'd never considered MyVolumio, mostly I used to play tunes from my (large enough) digital music library. As I got back from my son a fairly large number of CDs I'd loaned over time to him, I decided not to rip them, I remembered MyVolumio CD playback capability (among others) and wanted to try it. Like any other Volumio stuff, this is by no means less than excellent.
I bet the folks in Volumio massively love music since they put great care and quality in what they deliver to music enthusiasts. Thumbs up!

Setup: Volumio on RPI4 + Cyrus Soundkey DAC + AKG K702
Enhorabuena por el servicio!!:)
Lo uso con una RPI4 y TEAC NT-505 y se escucha de maravilla. El reproductor y la gestión de la biblioteca y plugins es correcta. Como todo software necesita ir puliéndose y ampliándose, lo cual no dudo que iran haciendo a medida que vayamos dando soporte con nuestras suscripciones y peticiones a Volumio.
Brilliant player! Have it installed on RPI3B+ with a PiFI Dac+ and the sound is amazing! So happy with it that I will setting up two more for whole house music.
Klein, aber fein! Alles super, so wie gedacht!
Gets better and better , hopefully a free version is still downloadable.... But not afraid to pay something to get next important update , if price is reasonable and affordable .....
I hope, i can instal you tube plugin in future
It works ideal with my raspberry I enjoy it every day as very easy listening for a 77 years fellow
Overall very impressed and happy with this servcie. Relatively easy set up. Intuitive interface and Lightning quick. Can use your phone or browser interface, both work well. Gapless playback. Does not seem to be buggy at all. Native integration of Tidal and Qobuz. I added the Audiophonics 9038 Dac to the Pi and am getting excellent performance. Would like to see more sort options for albums, artists etc, and a cleaner HDMI out Image for TV’s. Right now it is the same interface as the web browser or mobile app but the fact that they offer HDMI out is unique. Good news is they care and are constantly making it better. And if you don’t want to do it yourself you can buy the primo hardware and just plug and play. Outstanding all around!
It works well, even though configuring NAS was problematic, until solved with version parameters för smb. That could have been included one way or the other. I also use Internet radio a lot and I´m really happy for that free feature. Unfortunately there are no good apps for my phone. The only good one that supports Internet radio, crashes constantly, so the Web browser is the only option.
little heavy, but very looking good and useful. even though free version!!!
Vero useful app to play music
Just gets better and better.
Very easy to get running on Raspberry Pi 3B, stable, slick interface, integrates network drives pretty straightforwardly, works well with a cheap generic I2S SPDIF card.

My single, but significant, criticism is that Volumio seems unable to output multichannel (quad/surround) audio over HDMI, which means it has a huge weakness: no lossless multichannel playback. Kodi can do this, Volumio cannot, & the issue seems to be undocumented so the only way to figure it out is hours of experimenting and web searches.
All in all works well. But: When using Quobuz, the system often jumps to the next song of an album without playing the previous song to the end. Also, the Spotify plugin cannot be loaded, which is very annoying.
Volumio is rated 4.17 based on 30 reviews