Volumio SRL Reviews

of reviewers recommend Volumio SRL
Read Volumio SRL Reviews

About Volumio SRL:

Volumio is an open source audiophile music player entirely designed for high-quality music playback. The software runs on devices such as Micro-Computers and PCs and is controlled with any device with a browser. Volumio allows you to integrate different music formats as well popular music apps in one place. The software capabilities increase with MyVolumio, the set of premium subscriptions that provides exclusive features and gives the user a complete audiophile experience. Music lovers can have the complete audiophile experience with Volumio Primo, the music player and streamer designed for high quality sound reproduction and with an wide set of input and output capabilities.

Via dei Pepi 76/R, Italia, Firenze

Tell us how Volumio SRL made you happy
Il programma è valido e la qualità audio è ottima. Il collegamento con Qobuz lo rende quasi perfetto. Ma putroppo ho riscontrato che ha notevole difficoltà a caricare librerie musicali molto grandi. Ne carica solo una piccolissima parte. Pertanto con estremo rammarico mi rivolgerò altrove!
High quality network player. I strongly recommend it.
Allo boss avec pi 3b+ et quobuz. Son génial !!!
It is running on a raspberry 4,
Sounds good with a RME USB DAC,
CD ripping with a LG GP57EBE49 works great
I'm happy
Great platform. However, it would be super nice to have a YouTube plug-in, too.
I have connected Volumio to my Chord Electronics DAC 64 via SPDIF and my hi-res files sound fantastic.
At first I had problems with the network sources (Tidal and web radio) which were due to a failure in my home network.
Now it's fixed and Volumio works great and sounds fantastic with all type sources.
Great APP for using my raspberry as audio device.
Thank you very much.
Volumio is my powerful music engine.
Its seems pretty good, we have sonos in a few rooms but decided it was to expensive to put everywhere. We have a good av receiver in the living room and a nice amp in the dining room, now we can make use of them with Volumio.

Only things I would like to see is a way of changing the current playlist and DLNA control of amps/receivers for volume and changing input.
Bom software, facilidade de utilização, excelente qualidade e sem duvida uma nova forma de ouvir e apreciar musica.

Muito bom
I’m really impressed with Volumio it’s got me back into music after playing around with other Pi based streaming system’s. Clean UI that’s fast and simple enough to get working how you want it to. I have one PiZero with a BossDAC running ~200gb of FLAC files at the moment so the free account works well but as I expand I’ll up the account for the paid version which is very reasonable for the features that you have.
Works fine, Qobuz integration could be more precise allowing categories to be used.
Im really happy with volumio on Raspberry Pi 3 used everyday
Great way to listen to my music from my server and the web-radio stations have a great selection and choice depending on the mood I'm in.
Ottimo programma, sul mio Raspberry P3 B+ con InnoMaker HIFI DAC HAT PCM5122 fila alla grande e suona alla grandissima, pescando con grande velocità dal mio Nas Qnap. Probabile che prima o poi proverò a dotare il mio Rasp con un touchscreen per vedere come fuziona. Unica miglioria che vorrei (e vorrei moltissimo): il tasto "random", ovvero la possibilità di pescare brani a caso dall'intera raccolta musicale, da un singolo artista o da una singola cartella
I've been on Virtuoso subscription for about a month now and so far so good. I am using Pi2Aes and RPi4. Software can be buggie at times especially on my large Playlists in tidal it seems to loose its place. Example I play a song in the middle of the Playlist and it actually starts playing a song a few spots away but shows thats its playing the song i clicked when in fact its not.
Second big draw back is the fact that there is no support for FLAC Image/cue files. It just sees one big continuous file.
Other than those 2 main issues it is audiophile grade software and works pretty good.
1 more sticking point - id like to get another Pi2Aes with volumio for upstairs but the fact that my subscription has to go up higher in order to support Tidal is prohibitive at this point and is also the only reason I'm keeping my eyes open for a good streamer with no yearly subscription.
I have been using the Volumio Primo bout a 1 mount.
Analog output sound amazing. USB output via external DAC sound very good. I did not try SPDIF output. Streaming via Bluetooth sound very good.
I bought Primo for his HIFI performance, but software is not working for me, SW is often get stuck and get lazy. Running from Android Cell phone. There is no real synchronization between Tidel/Spotify application to Volumio SW. For example: Spotify app. gives a list of music recommendation mix, all most daily, I can not get it via Volumio SW integration. For paying extra 3 euro per month I expect software will be more effective.
Easy to run, app is intuitive and easy to work with. Performance both connection wise and app wise could be improved. The plugins are the biggest issue i have with volumio.iys too clumsy and counter intuitive.wishes for more easy to use plugins and a broader spectrum of user made/ official plugina to enjoy for example youtube(there is a youtube integration but basically useless and not connecting 90% of the time). Or for example to share/ stream to raspberry with volumio, with samaungs stream option. I hope there are more interested users what know how to make plugins in the future. Otherwise amazing app for music streaming.
Specs:
Raspberry pi 3 b
Volumio latest as of today
Volumio with samsung s10 plus
Hdmi to pioneer amplifier.
Worka like a charm 🙂
Constant issues with airplay and spotify connect, but when it works it works well
The purchasing of the bassfly uhat was easy, no human involved. But that is why give this rating the suppport afterwards is non-existing. I requested help as I cannot get portions of the bassfly to work. Ticket raised and 5 days later still waiting. I am glad I did not buy anything more expensive, the bassfly is going to end in the trash as I have confidence in getting to work or to get support.
Volumio SRL is rated 4.20 based on 246 reviews