Etsy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Etsy
2.6
Based on 401 reviews

Tell us how Etsy made you happy
Etsy 1 star review on 28th April 2022
Etsy 1 star review on 5th March 2022
Margo
Etsy 5 star review on 15th January 2022
Lisa Broshar
Etsy always push the problems with the sellers to the credit card. I am new on Etsy and I have a problem with a seller that sold to me a fake Chanel brooch and other one received a small plastic bag open and empty. Their answer after be a month waiting: "it appears that you've contacted your card provider to dispute this charge. Because this dispute was filed, it is no longer an option to resolve this order via Etsy’s case system." This is ridiculous. Never trust on this company. The accept ANY seller and after do not help you to solve ANYTHING.
Ordered a curtain rod from Deco Window based on photo of finials. It looked perfect for the hanging I was putting up -- but a different rod/finials arrived and Deco Window refused to accept a return or to refund money. Their photo was wrong -- it wasn't my fault. Shopping on Etsy is very hit and miss. Don't buy anything from these people unless you have it in writing that they accept returns. The Deco Window people cunningly do not mention returns in their product description -- clever, eh?
Orded present for my daughters birthday never received it I emailed etcy many times never got response ruined my daughters birthday
I have had problems with so many of your vendors. Ordering Christmas gifts that never came or showed up in January. I ordered the gifts early November. In March my son told mevofc2 items my grandson wanted from 2 different vendors.I told him I hated ordering from Etsy but I ordered in March I still haven’t gotten them. They think refunding makes it ok. His birthday was April 15 I was told they were shipped . It’s may no product. I know you are so large that you can’t follow your customers. I have deleted your app and I tell everyone to stay away from Etsy
We ordered prints that were advertised 90cm x 60cm and we paid $209au. We opened a "case" as the item received was incorrect and they had the audacity to say that $135au. We sent in pics and dimensions and nothing resolved. The case manager are useless. This is a scam and should be reported to a higher authority! Unacceptable business practice! Useless company and we are still unable to get the matter resolved. If only we had purchased through reputable companies like eBay and Amazon!
My purchase did not arrive & did not have a tracking receipt. I requested a refund . I've been told that the refund was made & a receipt that states this but it was not credited back to my credit card , so where is it??? After multiple attempts to find this out, I still don't know. This is not a good business model. Unless I can resolve this somehow, I would not recommend etsy to anyone.
The supplier I bought earing from BeautifulJewelsAU sent me a pair of earrings that she claimed were hand made and are not, selling them for one and a half time the price that are actually being sold at my local chemist, $10, and this supplier is selling for $25. They are exactly the same earrings, when I pointed this out and asked for some retribution, the supplier quickly contacted Etsy and Etsy has blocked me from my account, as I went to log in to make a complaint to Etsy about this supplier. This had never ever happened to me as a consumer and I will be contacted the consumer tribunal to report them!
Etsy 1 star review on 28th April 2022 Etsy 1 star review on 28th April 2022
I was an etsy customer for many years before I decided to open up my shop on etsy.com in 2020 because the family I worked for left for a while due to the pandemic. At first I started selling face masks which used to be the most popular item in my shop. Eventually I learned how to sew dresses that fit Barbie dolls and for a while they were selling very well. I was proud of myself and all of the hard work I put into making everything. Recently the Barbie dresses that I made myself were being deleted from my etsy shop and I didn't know why until I got an email from etsy saying the listings for some of the Barbie dresses I made myself were being removed because of copyright claims. I didn't steal anything from the company that makes Barbie dolls and their clothing. To avoid more of my Barbie dresses listings being removed by etsy themselves I made the hard choice to delete them myself so I wouldn't get into trouble. Also getting a hold of etsy to ask them why was this happening to me is impossible. The phone number is no longer in service and there is no live chat. As for emailing etsy customer service you can forget about that because they either take too long to answer of they don't answer at all. When the phone number for etsy customer service was still activated I was able to talk to a person and solve whatever problem I was having with my shop in no time. To be honest etsy.com has gone downhill and I don't think it's worth having a shop on etsy let alone buying anything from that website anymore. If etsy.com were to shut down it wouldn't bother me because it would be one less website the world wouldn't need that doesn't offer good customer service.
Received my products, earrings & plant pot promptly, next day delivery from Pipitcrafts, Holmfirth. Excellent , reliable service!
Ordered a large outdoor wreath (30+ inches in diameter) and received a small, hideous plastic wreath in a beat up box! It wasn't until I had placed the order that I realized my order would be shipped from China. I knew immediately, I was in trouble. I knew I would be waiting a month or more before I would receive my wreath, which I wanted to display for Easter. It was after Easter and several emails to the company that I finally received a what I could not believe had been sent. What's confusing is there is a second label with a California address. The box looks as if it's been opened and resealed. I am confused as to the purpose of that second shipping label. Everything that happened screams SCAM!! I was told I could ship the item back... at my expense! And to explain why I am returning the item. I told them IT'S NOT THE ITEM I ORDERED. It doesn't matter, I've been scammed and there is no possibility to correct this experience.
This company is horrible! They deactivated my account because they said that I was copyrighting.. I'm a graphic artist and I created all my designs hand drawn.. I didn't copyright anything. And when I went to go and write an email, no response. They have a phone number, but when you call them, it tells you to send them an email which they never get back to. I tried to set up another shop (after waiting 6 months) and they shut that down too. Save your time and effort Because their customer service is absolutely ridiculous.
Absolutely awful customer service. It's been weeks now and my issue has still not been resolved. When I try the chat option, I automatically get disconnected after 30 mins or so. Tried the email option too and still waiting on a reply.
Placed order. Should have been delivered 10 days. Been almost 4 weeks. Contacted them. They said order was finished and will ship next morning. 5 days later they said same thing. Caution I feel I was scammed.
So many great shops are leaving or have left. Fee increases and lack of customer support are driving me from the site. I want to support independent makers, not pay a huge company to keep taking advantage of everyone.
Worst customer service ever who refund scam buyers when items have been delivered with tracking. No wonder you have the worst reviews ever.
I am a new seller on Etsy. Do not sell anything on Etsy! I sold 3 Dessert Candles. Never seen any money in my account. They said" Your sales covered your fees. And now in order for me to close my account I have to pay $6.88 . Unbelievable!! This company is the biggest scam I have ever seen. They charge you for this and for that. You will be giving your products away! Never Ever sell anything on Etsy!!!!!!!! Please read reviews. I wished I would have looked at reviews first!!!!!
Hi. I received my order. I have to say its the worst, diabolical quality knock off I have ever seen. £15 for a 50 pence cup is absolutely frightening. The colour of a print is shockingly bad. Not uniform, fades in one out. Massive void where the handle is. Really, really embarrassing product to give as a present. Please see attached. Quality products is on the left.
Etsy 1 star review on 3rd April 2022 Etsy 1 star review on 3rd April 2022
Terrible customer service! I needed to return a bracelet (within the time frame) and I spent an HOUR trying to find someone at Etsy to contact. The seller had a bogus email address. It kept bringing me back to the same pages which were of no help AT ALL! I just want to return this darn bracelet and get my money back! I will never do business with Etsy again!
I sell and have purchased on Etsy..i've been charged double in Fee's for listings, purchased ads to boost my listing, but could never even find my ad, If you type in my store name...its non existant..why am I stoll paying these people? They havecwayvto many over seas sellers, for my little store to even be noticed. Etsy has absolutly no one to contact for any issues. Sure wish someone would make another honest site for sellers
I bought the personalised family tree My order came within a few days ,even after I emailed to add extra people on When it came I realised there was one person missing .totally my fault.i emailed them they got straight back to me and sending the personlised heart out to add to my tree Customer service is second to non Excellent service through out I would recommend this company and without a doubt I will be making more purchases Donna
Etsy is rated 2.58 based on 401 reviews