Home Bargains Reviews

of reviewers recommend Home Bargains

Tell us how Home Bargains made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
I went shopping with my husband as iI am registered disabled and he needs to carry our purchases.
There weren't any trolleys available.
I purchased two bottles of hand sanitiser, the check out lady thought I had brought 3 bottles, I said I hadn't but rather than her check the bill I produced a letter from our doctors stating that we are entitled to double restricted items. The manager was called, he didn't glance at the letter and then told me it wasn't valid. I can send a copy of the receipt and letter. I complained and was told these were challenging times, which I guess means you can just ignore medical advisory letters.
Bought 2 Senetti plants from here, and within days they were absolutely infested with crawling & flying aphids. I did my best to save the plants by washing the leaves & spraying them with a mild detergent solution - to no avail. The plants both withered , turned brown & sticky , and died. Even worse they infected other plants which I am trying to presently rescue. I think the soil is contaminated through and through.
Ordered TWO bouquets of flowers on Thursday 7th May to be delivered the following day - it is now Monday 11th May and neither have been delivered with no correspondence to tell me why? The money was taken out of my bank account the day of ordering. Absolutely fuming. Read the reviews before you order any flowers from here please!
Phoned Homebargains,Peterhead this morning to ask why they had relaxed social distancing rules. They said that when they are quiet they take the person off the door so can't control the amount of people coming in at once. An absolute disgrace considering Covid still has not peaked in Scotland.
I am not writing about the service, value and quality I have experienced , but the sheer lack of any attempt to enforce the Governments guidelines on social distancing during the coronavirus outbreak. There is no one controlling the customers numbers on entry, no one enforcing the distancing around the store. Children are running about unchecked, and there are no screens in place at the checkout for the safety of both staff and customer. A little bit of tape on the floor near the tills is not adequate. I feel truly sorry for the staff to have to work in such a dangerous work environment. I will not be returning until they have sorted this out.
Service in fforrestfach shopping centre store is absolutely fantastic,one member of staff in particular is excellent her name is Fleur and she was really pleasant and couldn’t do enough for you
It's a scam site with prices too good to be true.

Bought a bouquet, teddy bear and balloon for my friend's newborn and got an email later that evening saying they were sold out.

So requested another bouquet, which they then said they also didn't have. So finally asked what they did have available, and they said nothing.

It's now a day later and too late to get flowers delivered for a reputable delivery company.

Don't use this service, they'll let you down.
Disgraceful ordered twice, for some strange reason, and both times the flowers are disgusting iv been completely robbed. first time all the flowers arrived dead then the second time the delivery driver must of picked them out of next doors garden and snapped them in half!! absolutely horrific don't waste ye money
Note! This is NOT sour grapes this is a true reflection..

Working for Home Bargain Liverpool as a Warehouse Operative was an absolute disgrace this was not a happy workplace by any stretch of the imagination..

They rule the workforce with a big stick approach with threats to your emploment,

Middle Management are out to impress their Superior’s which is quite embarrassing..

I would not be surprised if these said same people go home to their family’s and tell them of their joy of sacking young Men & Women who are trying to make end’s meet and to keep a roof over their head’s and family’s to feed..

One day this company will be found out for what they are about...

ONE DAY!!!!

The industrial clock WILL turn back on you..

DISGRACEFUL!!
The ordering of flowers may seem cheap but if you need to amend anything do not come here. I have been trying to amend a date however nobody has gotten back to me and this was done in good time too. Really poor I feel if there is a service at least be contactable.
I love you the store in the shrewsbury branch in the darwin shopping center. The management mark, gary, and jacquline . Also all the staff who all work hard store is looking good shelves full, the staff are so friendly and helpful on the ball always greet people when when the enter. And helpful . The only thing I would like to see in there would be a cool deli counter ie sandwiches crisps fruit ect for lunches as thete are only cafes and mxs these places are to expensive and a there are a lot of students in the town at lunch times your lower prices would be more attractive to them for a sarnie so please can the store have a sarnie etc stand , it would be great. ..they all deserve a wow badge .keep up the good work .
I'm giving it a 3 because generally the staff are really lovely however I was in the hayle store the other day and felt like leaving, I was disgusted by how a certain member of staff was talking to the others in ear shot of customers it was not professional at all I fact it bullying from what k heard and really this needs to be looked at I could see the poor female staff was embarrassed herself and even looked at me apologetically
Went to Stechford store, purchased some items seems a bit expensive with what I brought checked receipt before leaving the shop I had been charged double for an item, spoke to cashier who in my opinion knew exactly what she did, got refund no apology what so ever, will not be shopping there again
Visiting your parkfield rd Stockton store today I was helped by a lovely shop worker called Anne-Marie who helped me with everything I needed and went out of her way to help me with something I couldn't find and between her and a colleague they came up with a different idea with want they had in store thank you ladies.
I will never again purchase a flower delivery from home bargains. I booked it for the 1st November and didn't receive it then when I did today, the balloon that I paid £2.99 for was deflated, the rose was not fresh and the cake that i paid £3.99 for was the size of a cupcake. When i asked for refund theu said we can give you £2.99 for the balloon...SERIOUSLY....NEVER AGAIN!
I must say this company has
Really developing great stores.
Clean tidy and amazing prices
Don't like the way Indian guy who just throws your change and receipt on the counter second time this has happened I don't get it in other stores I go in there prises are a bargain I will not go in there again ill take my custom ele where bad customer servicesue
Never ever again will I shop at Home Bargains in Banbury , Oxfordshire. The way I was spoken to by the shop manager was as if I was the lowest of the low. Items on display with 2 or 3 different prices on and when at the checkout I was being charged the highest price when it was clearly marked at almost £1 cheaper , I complained and was told " you pay what we have on display " this is clearly not the case.
Such good value for money on branded items. I don’t buy toiletries from any other retailer. They can’t be beaten on price.
Absolutely LOVE this place. Amy area any timw.always have great buys especially when u dont go in for it lol. I go in for 2 or 3 things and i am.amazed at the products they have and the prices. They always have something regardless what it is...they has been no time as yet that th9ry have not delivered. Love home bargains.
Home Bargains is rated 3.20 based on 89 reviews