Home Bargains Reviews

of reviewers recommend Home Bargains

Tell us how Home Bargains made you happy
I visited your Stanningley branch and couldn't find what I was looking for. I came across an assistant tall slim with long dark hair I think her name was Julie. I asked her where the item was and she was very polite and took me straight to the item. Even though she was busy she broke off to help me. She wished me a good day and I left with a smile. Nice to see happy staff in these tough times
I am a carer and I usually get needed materials for my client in Poole retail park. The staff is always very helpful. One of the staff members(Alexander) was very courteous and accommodating on the 6th of this month. He was very good indeed.
Service ,price& value all good. Social distancing &none mask wearing terrible.
Went to your new branch at Stanningley Leeds . I needed some assistance with one particular item . I was assisted by Julie . She helped me and gave me some great advice
I also spoke to the manageress who was very helpful . I live nr the Kirkstall bridge store but much prefer to travel to your Stanningley branch . I would highly recommend shopping there and the staff make shopping more pleasant
I visited the Home Bargains store in Penrith today and want to tell you about the marvellous staff you have there. I asked the manageress if there were any more giant cuddly dogs left she explained they were waiting for an order. She was so pleasant. I bought 1 cuddly dog and 1 cuddly bear and whilst waiting at the till queuing in the aisle a young man and the manageress i think her name was Rebecca were carrying a huge box of toys round the busy store looking for me to exchange the bear for the cuddly dog. I was so grateful to them, a delivery had just arrived! Marvellous service. Then Helen at the till helped me with my large toys and shopping, she was kind, helpful and cheery. Nothing was a bother. The store was very busy too. I was so impressed with everything. A joy to shop there thank you so much.
Stephanie Wigham
Lovely new shop in Holyhead. Sadly, they do not take covid measures very seriously. Young staff walking around and on tills with no masks. Also allow young mothers to enter with no masks and smirking at other shoppers.
Will be going to Poundland next door next time as I feel safer there!
They have everything I need and I just love the shop
Visited the store in talks pits yesterday as I regularly do. Was served by a very rude, ignorant young man called Josh on till 3. He virtually threw my goods down the belt at me and then proceeded to throw my till receipt. I had to stretch across the counter to pick up the two receipts. He showed no apologies for his attitude and was downright rude. If this is the quality of employees home bargains are taking on then they must be desperate and have no standards. This young man should not be serving the general public. Real bad attitude which was totally uncalled for.
In at the cramlington store today saw at least 6 customers without a face mask on no member of staff approached them they havenow lost my £30 at least every week come on home bargains do your job!!
Visited the store in Fallowfield Manchester. No staff were wearing masks and only half the customers. I complained to HO and their reply was that maybe the staff have an exemption certificate and the do 'encourage' the wearing of masks. Perhaps they should enforce masks I don't believe all the staff are exempt!
I love home bargains the items that are stocked are brilliant most of the staff are great friendly lovely people,on this occasion it was the harborne store,I'd picked up some pain killers the ticket stated 99p put them with my other shopping,went to the tills just asked the cashier which was not one of the regular girls to check the price for to make sure it went through at 99p she checked and said that they were 1.79 got do you want them not asked her to get the manager to check which she did,she was ok but the attitude of the cashier I think was pretty off,I was only wanting the product at the price it stated,then she starts pushing the items through like I caused her a big problem,I shop in there a lot and love the store and the staff by this girl who really needs to get some people skills I work in retail and if I treated my customers that way they wouldn't be happy,if they don't like the job whey do it it's working with the public,or saying that she's shop floor,and they call them to the tills when busy, they obviously hate it, again most of the staff are lovely,but she ruined my shopping experience today, thankfully when I went into marks and Spencers my experience in there totally different wonderful customer service your treated like a human being.
Visited your Worcester store today none of the staff were wearing face masks no hand sanitizer at the entrance and no restrictions to number of customers in the store.Will embargo there again
Never again, they have just used the famously terrible and heartless ''Parking Eye'' for their car park, £100 fine whilst being stuck in gridlocked traffic in their terrible car park. Will never used your shops again JUST due to this, well done!
After visiting today your Huddersfield branch in Waterloo. I was very disappointed that at least 2 staff stocking shelfs were not wearing masks. The masks wearing rule is there to protect both customers and your staff. Does the rule not apply to your staff???
I ordered flowers to be delivered to couple of My friends. One friend never recieved them, the other had wiltered flowers. I have emailed them several times and no one has got back to me. I wasted money
and have had no refund for the flowers that were not delivered. Please don't use their flower services.
Good value for money and helpful staff
Shopping experience was fine but the way the manager of the lochee store in Dundee spoke to his staff was an embarrassment. Not sure how long hes worked in Retail but he seemed out of depth

I think he was forcing people to do more hours which is illegal. The man clearly need some training
I left behind my item , when I go home I couldn’t find my bag one item which is I paid on till , I ring Wellingborough store ask about my I team that lady said no one left behind any item and I trying to explain her she said I can’t listen properly which is she was listen what I said not helpful people on Wellingborough store
Ordered flowers for a birthday, ordered them with pleanty of notice, these birthday flowers have not arrived, put in my email address and order number as advised for tracking, which then tells me tracking unavailable.
AVOID AVOID AVOID, so dissapointing given that I can't go out shopping to buy a replacement gift...never again
I went shopping with my husband as iI am registered disabled and he needs to carry our purchases.
There weren't any trolleys available.
I purchased two bottles of hand sanitiser, the check out lady thought I had brought 3 bottles, I said I hadn't but rather than her check the bill I produced a letter from our doctors stating that we are entitled to double restricted items. The manager was called, he didn't glance at the letter and then told me it wasn't valid. I can send a copy of the receipt and letter. I complained and was told these were challenging times, which I guess means you can just ignore medical advisory letters.
Home Bargains is rated 3.07 based on 108 reviews