Ace Hardware Reviews

of reviewers recommend Ace Hardware

Tell us how Ace Hardware made you happy
I am a long time customer of ACE hardware. Since the past few visits, I have an unpleasant experience. Today was my worst experience. I trust the ACE key section. Their price is comparatively high but I was considering that they are experts in making duplicate keys. Now I changed my mind. I believe they engaged some untrained employees who don't know how to make the duplicate keys.
Today around 8:20 am I visited 5331 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46241 ACE store. I want them to make two copies of a regular key. I brought the lock with me to make sure if the duplicate keys work. The lady took my key and spent 2-3 minutes to find the proper key. After she made the duplicate key she realized that she didn't use the proper key. She threw that key in the trash, and checked the chart, and used another key. Her way of working was indicating that she is not trained properly. Finally, she handed over the duplicate keys to me. When I checked the key with my lock it was not working properly. I have to make efforts to align the key in the lock, and after multiple attempts, it made it possible to open the lock. I showed her that the key is not good. She insisted that the key is good. I showed her that I cannot open the lock with the duplicate key, whereas the original key works with the first attempt. I asked her if she is a new employee. She says no. Looks like my question irritated her. I have a few more original keys, and I want her to make more duplicate keys. She bluntly refused to make another key for me.
I have to leave the ACE store without getting my job.
I believe this is not her fault. Actually, she was not trained properly and she does not know how to perform customer service.
I am extremely unsatisfied with my visit.
This Ace Hardware store always has every tool a need for a home project, and the employees are always willing to help. They also sell local honey, which I really like.
Every time I have been in the shop, I have the beast customer service.
Need to purchase a new lawn mower.... because the old one was no longer repairable. ACE did a great job of helping me select a mower that would do the job... but did not need all the more expensive features
Very helpful. Give helpful project advice. Knowledgeable staff. Organized store with high quality guaranteed products.
Our local Ace hardware are so friendly and helpful and are always ready to answer any of my questions and if they do not have something I am looking for they will recommend another store.
Ace Hardware is rated 4.33 based on 6 reviews