ALEKO Reviews

Returns Process
Could Be Better
Read ALEKO Reviews

About ALEKO:

ALEKO Products was established in 2005, as a small family owned business, located in Seattle, Washington. From that time, our store has gradually grown and has now newly expanded to Canada. It is an easy, one stop shop to access all of our unique varieties of products.

Tell us how ALEKO made you happy
ALEKO 5 star review on 2nd June 2021
Robert Wilson
ALEKO 5 star review on 1st May 2021
ALEKO 5 star review on 28th April 2021
Robert Lawhorn
DO NOT BUY AN ALEKO GATE! The gate itself is fine. But there is no customer service after your purchase. Our gate stopped working. Both my husband and I have back issues and need the gate to work remotely. I was told that unless I live in one of the 6 states where they have contractors, which I don’t, I was on my own. No one in my area, Asheville, NC, seems willing to work on it. So I have a gate that has to be physically opened and shut because once my purchase was complete, Aleko wanted nothing to do with me.
Hello Deborah, Thank you so much for your review. I'm so sorry to hear your gate stopped working. Also, I'm sorry about the customer service experience you had with us. We dont provide installation service unfortunately, but we do have recommendations. I would love to assist you with your gate and help find a solution. Please give us a call 833.926.2323 and ask to speak with Philana. We look forward to hearing back from you.
Bracket did not fit, yet customer svc insisted it was the correct part. I had to fasten it backwards in order to make it work. The instructions were horrible. I called also with a question about the roof brackets and customer service was not able to answer. DIY is a valid option with something like this, yet it seems they make it very difficult to get instructions to SAFELY attach. I do like the awning, however. I will probably order in the future, now that I know how to make it work. This is only because I am good at DIY.
Hello Melanie Thank you for your honest feedback. I am sorry to hear that it has not been a good experience that you had currently with installation of the awning. This will be taken into consideration. Please if you still have any further questions or concerns, you can reach me at 833-926-2323 and request for Maria.
Products are ok for the most part. Technical support is terrible.
Hello Blue Thank you for your honest feedback. I do apologize for the bad experience you had with Technical support. If you still have concerns or questions about your product, please reach out to ALEKO at 833-926-2323, request for Maria and I will gladly assist you.
The old saying you get what you pay for. It holds true here! We purchased a 20 foot awning from Aleko the production and shipping was lightning fast, Quality is another story, the Fabric is thin and not something we expect to hold up over a long period of time, the electric motor engages but will not connect to the remote at all. So the motorized feature is useless. The mechanical arms are light weight metal, after installation we have experienced issues with the closing of the awning it will only close about 40% of the way. Comparing our $700 investment to a $1500 - $2000 awning purchased elsewhere I go back to you get what you pay for. As a consumer my overall rating is a 2 as we are disappointed in what we purchased. Would not recommend...
Thank you for reaching out and thank you for your feedback. Our awnings come with a 1 year warranty so please rest assured we will do everything to make it right. The remote more than likely needs to be linked to the motor and while the arms are light weight, they are light weight by design to reduce weight of the awning. We would be more than happy to help you out or troubleshoot it with out technical department. Please give us a call at 833-926-2323 and ask for Maria and we will take good care of you.
Whereas the product craftsmanship for ALEKO gates look good but this company fails miserably when it comes to getting technical support that it claims to be great when you are showing interest in buying its product. You will see your requests for technical support will not be returned at all or when you need the support. Their telephone system will connect you to sales in few seconds and may make you wait for long time, sometimes 30 minutes and even more and eventually end up your call with a sales rep who will take your number and promise you a return call in next 24 hours. And then this company will not honor this 24 hour promise either. Good luck if you are still deciding to buy from this company.
Gurmohan, Thank you for reaching out and thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that you have been experiencing such frustration getting a hold of our technical department. We would love an opportunity to help you and help answer your question. Please give us a call at 833-926-2323 and ask for Maria and we will make sure to answer all your questions.
After placing the order I have not heard from Aleko until this review. Get back to me once I receive the item, still waiting? No delivery time was scheduled, so technically the delivery is not on time, the item has not been received.
Hello Wayne Thank you for your honest feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have not had any response back after placing the order. I would like to assist you further and help you with finding out more information about your order. Please give us a call at 833-926-2323, request for Maria and I will gladly talk and work with you.
I bought 4 Aleko awnings on Amazon less than 2 years ago and the 2 that see any sun shredded in about 1 year. The brackets for those have also broken. The 2 that are on the shaded side of the house are still fine. This product is for sure not for use in the sun which is what I bought them for. Sure the price is good but when you do the math you will be better off buying a quality product that has a good warranty. That should have been my first clue when I saw a 1 year warranty because that is about as long as they will last.
Hello Kenneth, Thank you for your honest feedback. I do apologize that you had a bad experience with the product after some use. It is not intended for the fabric to fade dramatically like it did. Your feedback will be taken into consideration for improvement. Please I would like to assist you and work with you in regard to your awnings. Please give us a call at 833-926-2323 and request for Maria for assistance. Thank you
The roof came in a damaged box and when the box was opened the metal roof was bent.
Hello Euraina Thank you for your honest feedback. I am sorry about the bad experience that you went through with the delivery of your product. Your feedback will be taken into consideration for both the delivery and the damage product. I looked over your case and replacement parts are being shipped out. Please give us a call at 833-926-2323 for more information in regard to the replacement parts that are being shipped out.
I purchased 13’ awning. The instructions are terrible. They don’t explain the step and how things are to go or set. Also, there were items I received that goes with the awning but no where on instructions was it written or explain where the items go or what to do with them. The awning is hard to get to run correctly and I sent in questions through customers but never received an answer back. I find that once your purchase a product from ALEKO than they don’t care if you build it correctly nor their to help when the awning didn’t work correctly. I would have to say after building one and weeks of figuring out how to get the awning arms to close correctly it really not worth buy one at ALEKO. They seem to care to help you and after building it and putting it up the material cones out of the grove and than you take it down and start over. Not worth the discounted price compare to Sunsetter where it all built and ready to go.
Hello Timothy Thank you for your feedback, and I am sorry for the bad experience that this has brought you. I understand you reached out with not response back and I would gladly like to be the one to work with you and make your experience better with ALEKO. Please reach out to 833-926-2323 and request for Maria. I am here to help and assist you with any questions and concerns.
Ordered item on 4/2/2021 and it mentioned a 3 to 5 day shipping. If I did not follow on 4/9/2021 they would have not yet shipped the order. Not sure if they have a order processing system in place.
I am a little frustrated as I placed my order and waited a few weeks before I called because I never received it. I was told that the item I ordered was out of stock. I never received any notification and was surprised they took my order on something that was out of stock. I was told that eventually it would be back in stock and I could wait or have a refund. I said I would wait but still have not gotten any notification on wether it has been shipped or eta. Pretty frustrating but the customer service was helpful when I called. I will be calling for a refund.
Hi Diana, Thank you for leaving us this review today. I do apologize that you had this experience with us. If there is anything we can do to make this review turn into a good one please let us know. Can you call 833-926-2323 and ask for Alex, I would love to assist you with this. Thank you!
This review is for both products and shipping. My ALEKO 4100 gate opener is about 36 months old and the motor and capacitor burned up. Ordered a new one and paid for FEDEX 2 day shipping on March 23. It is now March 27 and it hasn't arrived and their is no FEDEX delivery estimate. It was shipped from Washington state to 6 hours past my location to a distributing site and hasn't made its way back west here yet. How stupid. And, what a rip off. This is the second time I have paid ALEKO for priority shipping and didn't get it. In 3 1/2 years I have replaced the computer board twice and the magnets, capacitor and motor. I just bought another property and am installing another wrought iron gate. I will not use ALEKO products for it.
They shipped the adjustable dumbbells fast and that's good. A plate fell off from one of the dumbbells which shouldn't happen. Luckily no one got hurt. Asked them about exchange but they pointed to their return and exchange policies that I need to pay for shipping a ~100lb dumbbell. Ok fair enough it's in your policies but perhaps they should care more about if the product is really defective or the customer got hurt. Won't buy from out of state again and won't take chance with paying for shipping back a heavy defective item.
Hi, Thank you for providing us with this feedback and taking the time to write this review. I do want to apologize right off the bat that this wasn't handled correctly, being that the item is defective we would have no problem helping you out with the return. Per our phone call, please see your email, there will be return instructions as well as a label. Thank you!
We were hoping this awning cover would work for our patio awning. However, there’s not enough material to wrap the awning due to the arms and supports. Very disappointed as I was hoping to avoid a “tarp” look (with bungees) and that’s exactly what I have. Material looks durable, the length works well, quick ship but it isn’t going to work for fixed awning installations.
Hi Marshall, Thank you for writing this review and bringing this issue to our attention. I have attempted to call you today but was unsuccessful, I left a voicemail for you. Can you please call me at 833-926-2323 and ask for Alex? I would love to assist you with this. Thank you!
Returns are impossible, big hassle
Hi Daniel, Thank you for reaching out to us and providing this review. I do apologize about your frustration with the returns, I noticed that we have sent emails to you with return instructions. I will get another one sent out to you, please feel free to contact us at 833-926-2323 and ask for Alex if you are still experiencing problems. Thank you!
Just like the anchor polls, the awning cover did not fit. No matter how much I pulled on it, it would not fit over the awning. In order to make it fit I had to cut open one of the seams at the end. It would also be better to have more ties added to the cover. I had to have something to cover the awning before the rain and snow hit so I improvised with what was sent. Not an ideal situation at all!
Hi Piper, Thank you for providing us with this review and taking the time to do so. I do want to apologize about the scenario you are facing as well. I have attempted to call you today but it would not allow me to go to voicemail. Can you please give us a call at 833-926-2323 and ask for Alex? I would be more than happy to assist you. Thank you!
I have had many issues with your service department over the past 6 months. I had electrical issues with the automatic gate opener and the wand for opening the gate on exit. When I had my electrician on location to help solve the issues, we could never get your service tech to work together...we had to wait 24 hours for a response, when my electrician was gone...the remote Fab works only 85%, the key pad entry system takes 3-4 entries to open,very inconsistant..it would be nice to get a service tech that we could work with to solve these issues.... alan rosenblum 315-796-3237
Hi Alan, Thank you for reaching out to us and providing us with this feedback. I do want to apologize about all the inconveniences this has caused you as well. I will have my technical support lead give you a call back as soon as possible to help fix the issue at hand. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. Happy holidays!
We were very disappointed in the product we purchased. We only had it for 2 years and had problems from the very beginning! When it just went out, it was not easy to get support. Sent us wrong part and then basically said there was no part to fix it and we had to buy another gate opener. I’m surprised that it didn’t last longer or that at least it would be covered for more than 2 years. We barely missed the window and since it’s my mom’s main security, it has delayed us even more trying to work with your company.
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to write this review and bringing this to our attention as well. I do want to apologize about the problems you have been encountering as well. Since this is a technical issue, I will have our technical lead reach out to you as soon as he can to help resolve the issue at hand. Please let us know if you have any further concerns. Thank you!
Right out ot the box , there was a striped wood screw that was sticking out of the transum ,noticed it soon as top was opened. You mean to tell me the person putting it into the shipping box did not notice the screw sticking out ? Then after inflated noticed rubber strip around dinghy was a little unglued at top half . After 3rd day of use installed hand line snapped in half when grabbed to pull ashore .Now i know this is not the top of the line , but for the price i figure there should have been a lot more quality control . i am hoping to get at least two years out of this dinghy then make a step up in size . At this time i do not see myself making anymore purchases from Aleko .
First I was charged the wrong sales tax. Then I waited 22 days prior to canceling. Still waiting on refund.
ALEKO is rated 3.82 based on 3,107 reviews