Alfa Travel Reviews

Euxton Lane
Euxton
Chorley

Tell us how Alfa Travel made you happy
Had great holiday at regina hotel torquay 9th March just got home before all this corona trouble. But can't wait for the next holiday with alpha travel. Very professional drivers we broke down on the motorway coming home but the problem was soon sorted with a pick up from another coach in the area. Can't wait for the next holiday with you.
We went to Blackpool with Alfa travel just before the lockdown on the 9th March. We had a lovely break at the Queens, food and hotel good- but the two drivers were very unprofessional !!!!
the best coach holiday company in the uk.
Your enjoyment starts straight away with your driver.
To be fair not just a driver but everything you need in one
My husband and I had a great holiday 9th March to Wales our driver Dave was fantastic the best we have had and we go on lots of trips
Shanklin hotel, Isle of Wight. Superb, food, staff, accomadation ,driver john. We took a party of 9 everyone enjoyed themselves, even the drinks were pub prices what can l say but thank you, you were all terrific
Had a lovely holiday in Bournmouth, driver Alan was great.The feeder driver was dreadful he didnt know any of the pick-up places, had to rely on passengers. This spoilt our holiday. It put an extra 2 hours on our joiurney, really awful.
We went on a cabaret weekend to the Queens Hotel, Eastbourne last Friday. We picked up the alfa coach in southend. Last pick up was Croydon. 7 hours later we arrived at the hotel. The driver did not know where he was going, relying on his sat nav to guide him to the various pick ups. The hotel was OK. We nt on the same break last year. & all went smoothly, this time was a complete nightmare, everyone was comaining. The journey home was also extremely bad taking 7hours once again. The driver stated that alfa should never have plotted Croydon into the pick ups. We will never use this company again & nor will most of the passengers on board. If they would have ommited Croydon this problem would never had happened. Great shame cause we have used alfa many times over the past few years, but never again. All this does not make good business sense, & someone in the head office should have made some obvious planning to make it a realistic journey.
Hotel Regina Torquay, excellent food and served by very pleasant young staff Manageress is of the old school and nothing is to much trouble, the housekeeping was of a high standard, in a very convenient location. Ideal for the older clientele
I travelled to the Hotel de Paris in Cromer with Alpha. Our feeder driver was fine but it took over 5 hours to get from Sussex to Reading. On arrival at the hotel we were told to go straight to dining room which was somewhat chaotic. Rooms were basic, staff poor and other coach drivers miserable. When we left we were told to put our suitcases outside our rooms on morning of departure by 7am. Boarded coach and after 12 hours finally got to my return stop. Then found out that my suitcase was not on board. Complained to hotel and they came back to say they couldn't find it. After several more complaints received a letter from HQ saying sorry it was missing. They admitted no duty of care or other advice. Lost new glasses, shaver, watch, along with clothes and shoes.
My first and last time with this dreadful company. My only conclusion was that it was stolen by one of the staff as virtually all of the guests were elderly.
Bit phased at start of our trip to Newquay,feeder driver got lost several times,obviously never been to north Lincolnshire before and did not listen to the locals who knew the area.when we switched to our main coach the experience could not have been more different,Darren our driver on coach 2 kept us informed about everything that was happening.can highly recommend Darren,he looked after very well through out our holiday.The elliott hotel in Newquay was excellent staff very polite and helpful. Ann who looked after us in the restaurant was brilliant.Very amusing lady,polite and helpful. Meals and the rooms were excellent.
Travelled to Great Yarmouth for New Year from Long Eaton the trip was great except for 2things. 1 we asked for a room on low floor and near lift because I have COPD BUT we were given 2nd floor and nearly as far from the lift as you can get 205 . 2we were told the 2 trips were all day which was also on the itinerary but next morning the all day was tipexed out and we were told we had to be back for lunch at 1pm so all we had was about 1 1/2 hours at destination which was rediculess why not give us a pack lunch and stay longer as when we got back we had to hang around hotel all afternoon. Just something you might like to consider in the future.
James & Kathleen Willis
I have now been on 12 coach holidays with Alfa. This obviously shows I enjoy them - I think they are great value for money and have already booked for 2 more in the next 3 months. Last time I had a delay meaning we had to spend 2 hrs at warrington services - admittedly this was a pain - but NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!! some people fussed about this but Traffic happens!! I would say to anyone - like me - a single lady over 65 - go for it you will not be left to fend for yourself!
We are 68 and 70 and took an Alfa 'Turkey/Tinsel' to The Selborne Hotel, Dunoon 11-15th Nov 2019. David is a skilled driver and gave us lots of helpful, informative information during the 5 days. Excellent, interesting journey via Gretna, Glasgow Orbital, Port of Glasgow, then a 20 minute car/coach ferry from Gournock to Dunoon. Day trip to Glasgow v.good and the scenery as we travelled to Inverarary is lovely [though we did have good weather !] The Selborne, an older-style hotel, is beautifully position next to the sea-like River Clyde. Amazing views. The staff were all friendly, helpful and polite. Our room, one of the few without a superb view, was dated but warm and clean, with super-comfy twin beds and hot water. The food was all very adequate for the off-season, budget price we paid. Excellent value for money and a really enjoyable holiday. Coach that picked us up was late, and we had a longer delay at interchange on return journey, due to the Isle of Wight coach hold-up. So a long day for everyone. That is the only reason we give 4 not 5 stars. Thank you all Alfa staff.
the drivers great.the hotel clean and comertel hotel staff great.but the big but......he supervisors at warringtons change coaches..........asked when we got there when we would 1700.1715went to see the supervisors asked them whem we would be leavtng he said how the hell do i know how long is a piece of string.then they told me rhis was a free service..if it wasnt for Warrington i would use Alfa again...sorry but i will not be using you againe......also this will be transfered to facebook tomorrowlunn
just returned from a 5 day break at the seabank in porthcawl our driver steve excellent very informative,hotel very clean, good service, very good food brilliant staff.long may it continue A.n.edwards and mrs,P. edwards many thanks.
Recently returned from imperial hotel ilfracombe. Upon arrival Alex the hotel managed came out and greeted us. Same on our return journery home.Hotel staff were all friendly & polite. Nothing was too much trouble. (Even asking for more toast & butter) Rooms were bit dated. Plenty of room comfortable bed & plenty of hot water. Shower was very powerful.(Although I didn't have tv remote in my room) it wasn't an issue. Maybe to other guests. Trevor the driver was very friendly polite & good sense of humour. He is credit to the company.
Went to Hotel De Paris in Cromer with Malcolm as the driver. NOT a good people person. Hotel was lovely and staff very helpful and friendly.
Absolute joke of a company. Do not use at all!! Rip you off when your ill and won't allow a simple change of name on a booking. Be warned unless you want to be ripped off to steer well clear.
went to Great Yarmouth 21 oct 2019 Along wait at Burtonwood services but journey down was ok Hotel The New Beach was very nice modern well decorated and on sea front. Evening meal for our coach was 6 40 which seemed a bit late.The foodwas just average with only 2 main choices .Breakfast at 8 40 again not great. The holiday was advertised with a free drink beer wine or juice each evening but we got nothing.When I asked the manager about this I was told that it was a misprint in the brochure .Strange as the spring brochure also offers free drinks with evening meals. Our journey back to Burtonwood was very late due to bad weather and driver due to take us back to Cleveleys was out of time so we had a long wait for the feeder coach.However we were told that at Bamber Bridge Mini buses would take us back to Blackpool and Cleveleys as the driver could only go as far as ST Annes. On arrival we found that we had 9 passengers but only 8 seats so 4 of us had to squeeze into 3 seats.I could not sit properly as I was on the seat belt holder and had to lean forward and hold on to the seat in front.So seat belts could not be used I was like that for about 1 hour .It was lucky we did not have an accident as I could have been killed. the whole journey from Great Yarmouth to Cleveleys took 12 hours .It was our first time with Alfa and it will be our last
we went to southend in September with alfa, the driver was from your bus and was useless no info for any trips let us know that he did not want to be on this trip. we went on the Essex villages trip and saw only one the rest was motorway. we were supposed to go to Chelmsford but did not go anywhere near. we were very disappointed with the whole experience the hotel was more for traveling salesmen than coach hols. the food was not much cop only three choices. staff were miserable and unhelpful except the agency girl. who was great, most of the coach felt the same. this was our first time with alfa. not impressed driver was called Daron
Alfa Travel is rated 3.11 based on 229 reviews