ao.com Reviews

Could Be Better
Read ao.com Reviews

customerservices@ao.com

AO World PLC 5a The Parklands Lostock

Tell us how ao.com made you happy
ao.com 5 star review on 15th August 2017
ao.com 5 star review on 6th August 2017
ao.com 2 star review on 22nd October 2017
Jennifer
ao.com 1 star review on 27th February 2017
Jonathan Huntington.
Was told by sales guy that delivery would include unwrapping and removel of rubbish.
Delivery guys said no!!
What a pack of lies!!!!!
Crew number AV311
No advice on delivery time (was promised) No masks on personnel who delivered product (tumble drier) to doorstep . But very helpful with advice re installation.
delivery No. HEY PO 203
I would like to share my experience about ordering a chromebook from this website. Unfortunately i have had bad experience with this one. I even struggle to write a review coz half of my keyboard is not working. I have ordered this less like 9 month ago and always provided extra care, however now my keyboard is freezes and i am not even able to study.. i have tried to contact them but got a response with my order ID number, so no help.. i am very upset as i expect my laptop to last at least 3 years but this one broken down after almost not using it...
Bought fridge freezer product spot on .but the courier's were rubbish given 3 dates none arrived after ringing up today another date ect . finally product arrived the guys were spot on polite and even dropped off in passage .thanks but ao.com make sure the courier's that you choose are reliable .
Faulty and dented fridge/freezer delivered on 18th August. Driver would not remove bottom packaging so had to rope in the window cleaner to help unpack. Replacement delivered on 2nd September. Drivers were prepared to leave me with two fridge/freezers in a small room but then offered to take the faulty one outside. Spent over 5 hours on telephone to AO over past two weeks, each time on hold for 40+ minutes. Faulty appliance still awaiting collection in my driveway. I've used packaging from the second delivery to try and protect it but it is at the mercy of the elements (and passing scrap merchants!). Automated responses to emails to customer services indicate 5-7 days to deal with queries.
Delivered my replacement hotpoint washer today,
Driver and mate fully installed it and took away the old one. Throughout the delivery they were both curious and helpful job completed without any fuss.
Heyv163
wrong size washer delivered, ordered a 9 KG washer and was given an 8 KG ,not impressed
Order item to be delivered, was given a delivery time. I was definitely home at the 3 hour slot given. Drivers must have arrived early, driver never rang me, apparently he did not have my mobile number. Money was refunded to me quickly and the staff who I spoke with were very nice
The only thing stopping this from being 1 star is that the people on the phone are nice. Deeply useless but nice.
Ordered the oven, the delivery slot moved without my consent 3 times so I had to keep reorganising my plans and calling them again. Well down the line now and still no oven and no idea when it I will actually get a slot. Absolute shambles of a company
I ordered a washing machine from you i paid for the old machine to be taken away and the new one fitted, the delivery driver arrived and a few minutes later said i can not fit your washing machine to my hubby, saying he could not turn the cold tap off , hubby offered to turn the water off outside, but he would not listen and instead of ringing ao for advice or help,he just shouted at my husband and stormed off , so you have left a carer for disabled two people without a washing machine and one of the disabled people in the house is my hubby who he was talking to so now the order is being redelivered and my medically unfit to work hubby who is not getting paid is going to have to fit it i was looking forward to my early christmas present from my mum and dad
peter
very pleased with ao.com produced came on time driver was very good
Date of delivery 10/09/2019. Set a month prior.
On the 09/09/2019 got told delivery to be on the 11/09/2019, waiting in until I got a text a 15:00 stating that delivery will be tomorrow.
Great timing because now I'm back in work and even doubt it will be delivered.
I bought an AEG oven, that came with free installation. This was to replace an old oven that was on its last legs. They turned up and came in. The "electrician" then turned the power off, unscrewed and removed oven, connected test probes to cable, ran test, tripped box 4 times, said RCD was faulty and to get an electrician to look at it. I asked if he could do it, he said no and that was that, so i arranged an electrician, He came out, ran a test and said there was nothing faulty, and that the AO guy probably had it on wrong settings. So pretty shabby from that point of view, and to think they charge £90 normally for it, money for nothing, and a pretty blase attitude. Thankfully, i have another oven, fully installed by an electrician who actually seemed to know what they were doing.
Had a tv delivered a couple of weeks ago. We paid extra to set the tv up, the delivery guys tried to leave the rubbish but we insisted on it being taken. We also had a sound bar which they would not have unboxed unless I’d asked. To be fair they did connect all the wires up but I did expect a quick demonstration as to how the remotes worked. There were 2 guys and I’d almost say they’d had words before they came in as they didn’t really speak to each other in the house.
Delivery drivers said my cooker would not go through doorway I said unpack it as it same size as old one that went out they phoned office did not listen to what we said, we had to say any damage made would not be their fault we said ok in the end cooker went through very easily!!!! These guys where the rudest delivery people I have ever encountered will never use this company again
Order a Bosch Steam iron from ao.com. Received a badly damaged box containing a roughly used iron with leaflets of another manufacturer. Ao.com support team acknowledged the mistake but was unable to identify a cause for this. Arranged for another delivery within 48 hours. Now waiting for that to arrive.
I ordered a new vacuum cleaner 3 days ago and chose a Saturday delivery. I received a message saying my delivery would be between 7AM and 9AM.
I set my alarm and was awake at 7AM Saturday morning.
At 7:22 I received a message saying that they had tried to deliver, but could not get a reply. I was down stairs with a cup of tea at this time?
I tried to ring the number in the message to rebook, but found that there was nobody there until 8AM to answer the phone.
I also tried to contact the driver, but only received a automated message which was of no help.
Eventually after 8AM I manage to contact a nice lady on the "Rebook" number. She tried to contact the driver, but could not get an answer.
It turned out that the driver had tried to deliver my order before 7AM, but did not wait very long or try very hard to get a reply.
Because of the above events I have had to rebook my delivery for the next day, but I could NOT book a time, only an AM delivery. So I will have to get up at dawn again and wait for the delivery driver to arrive.
I hope he manages to find my doorbell button this time!
had damaged appliance exchanged today.driver very helpful and frindley phoned me 20 mins. before delivery. crew no heyv 200 steve.
I moved home and found that my oven and hob didn’t work. I had to buy new ones from AO as they had good prices at the time. The delivery was extorcionate and the price for instillation aswell was fairly high. Then when the hob and oven were to be installed AO’s installed came in and destroyed my carpets with muddy boots and left all their mess behind when AO ensured they cleaned up after themselves, The cooker he would not install as it would require him to move a gas pipe (this being a gas engineer with all the equipment and tools to move this pipe 1 inch) I called AO and he had made a note that meant that they would not be moving the pipe, as I needed a cooler I had to try and get another cooker with a recess in the back to accommodate the oven and this cost me nearly 2 times the cost of the original oven.
Another nagging thing I had with AO is they sold me something without my knowledge a insurance plan which I had turned down but somehow they managed to sign me up for insurance for two appliances which I didn’t want insured with them. This took nearly 3 weeks to cancel and they refused to deal with me directly. And was passed on to The insurance company.
I wouldn’t use AO again even if they paid me as it was a complete disaster and their customer service I recieved was a joke
I was informed that we would get a telephone call at 07.00 am to give me a delivery time of my tumble dryer. I received an email saying it would be between 09.00 and 13.00 pm, no phone call from the drivers to say that they were on their way. The lorry arrived at about 11.30 and they could not get it off quick enough, it was carried by one guy and banged in to things in the garage and placed it in the garaged and a screwed up a card saying give us good feed back and they were gone.
ao.com is rated 4.38 based on 3,748 reviews