ao.com Reviews

Could Be Better
Read ao.com Reviews

customerservices@ao.com

AO World PLC 5a The Parklands Lostock

Tell us how ao.com made you happy
ao.com 5 star review on 11th July 2020
Mustafa Abdel Hamid Mohammed Ahmed Habboubi
ao.com 1 star review on 28th June 2020
Mustafa Abdel Hamid Mohammed Ahmed Habboubi
More Photos & Videos
Delivered my replacement hotpoint washer today,
Driver and mate fully installed it and took away the old one. Throughout the delivery they were both curious and helpful job completed without any fuss.
Heyv163
wrong size washer delivered, ordered a 9 KG washer and was given an 8 KG ,not impressed
Order item to be delivered, was given a delivery time. I was definitely home at the 3 hour slot given. Drivers must have arrived early, driver never rang me, apparently he did not have my mobile number. Money was refunded to me quickly and the staff who I spoke with were very nice
The only thing stopping this from being 1 star is that the people on the phone are nice. Deeply useless but nice.
Ordered the oven, the delivery slot moved without my consent 3 times so I had to keep reorganising my plans and calling them again. Well down the line now and still no oven and no idea when it I will actually get a slot. Absolute shambles of a company
I ordered a washing machine from you i paid for the old machine to be taken away and the new one fitted, the delivery driver arrived and a few minutes later said i can not fit your washing machine to my hubby, saying he could not turn the cold tap off , hubby offered to turn the water off outside, but he would not listen and instead of ringing ao for advice or help,he just shouted at my husband and stormed off , so you have left a carer for disabled two people without a washing machine and one of the disabled people in the house is my hubby who he was talking to so now the order is being redelivered and my medically unfit to work hubby who is not getting paid is going to have to fit it i was looking forward to my early christmas present from my mum and dad
peter
very pleased with ao.com produced came on time driver was very good
Date of delivery 10/09/2019. Set a month prior.
On the 09/09/2019 got told delivery to be on the 11/09/2019, waiting in until I got a text a 15:00 stating that delivery will be tomorrow.
Great timing because now I'm back in work and even doubt it will be delivered.
I bought an AEG oven, that came with free installation. This was to replace an old oven that was on its last legs. They turned up and came in. The "electrician" then turned the power off, unscrewed and removed oven, connected test probes to cable, ran test, tripped box 4 times, said RCD was faulty and to get an electrician to look at it. I asked if he could do it, he said no and that was that, so i arranged an electrician, He came out, ran a test and said there was nothing faulty, and that the AO guy probably had it on wrong settings. So pretty shabby from that point of view, and to think they charge £90 normally for it, money for nothing, and a pretty blase attitude. Thankfully, i have another oven, fully installed by an electrician who actually seemed to know what they were doing.
Had a tv delivered a couple of weeks ago. We paid extra to set the tv up, the delivery guys tried to leave the rubbish but we insisted on it being taken. We also had a sound bar which they would not have unboxed unless I’d asked. To be fair they did connect all the wires up but I did expect a quick demonstration as to how the remotes worked. There were 2 guys and I’d almost say they’d had words before they came in as they didn’t really speak to each other in the house.
Delivery drivers said my cooker would not go through doorway I said unpack it as it same size as old one that went out they phoned office did not listen to what we said, we had to say any damage made would not be their fault we said ok in the end cooker went through very easily!!!! These guys where the rudest delivery people I have ever encountered will never use this company again
Order a Bosch Steam iron from ao.com. Received a badly damaged box containing a roughly used iron with leaflets of another manufacturer. Ao.com support team acknowledged the mistake but was unable to identify a cause for this. Arranged for another delivery within 48 hours. Now waiting for that to arrive.
I ordered a new vacuum cleaner 3 days ago and chose a Saturday delivery. I received a message saying my delivery would be between 7AM and 9AM.
I set my alarm and was awake at 7AM Saturday morning.
At 7:22 I received a message saying that they had tried to deliver, but could not get a reply. I was down stairs with a cup of tea at this time?
I tried to ring the number in the message to rebook, but found that there was nobody there until 8AM to answer the phone.
I also tried to contact the driver, but only received a automated message which was of no help.
Eventually after 8AM I manage to contact a nice lady on the "Rebook" number. She tried to contact the driver, but could not get an answer.
It turned out that the driver had tried to deliver my order before 7AM, but did not wait very long or try very hard to get a reply.
Because of the above events I have had to rebook my delivery for the next day, but I could NOT book a time, only an AM delivery. So I will have to get up at dawn again and wait for the delivery driver to arrive.
I hope he manages to find my doorbell button this time!
had damaged appliance exchanged today.driver very helpful and frindley phoned me 20 mins. before delivery. crew no heyv 200 steve.
I moved home and found that my oven and hob didn’t work. I had to buy new ones from AO as they had good prices at the time. The delivery was extorcionate and the price for instillation aswell was fairly high. Then when the hob and oven were to be installed AO’s installed came in and destroyed my carpets with muddy boots and left all their mess behind when AO ensured they cleaned up after themselves, The cooker he would not install as it would require him to move a gas pipe (this being a gas engineer with all the equipment and tools to move this pipe 1 inch) I called AO and he had made a note that meant that they would not be moving the pipe, as I needed a cooler I had to try and get another cooker with a recess in the back to accommodate the oven and this cost me nearly 2 times the cost of the original oven.
Another nagging thing I had with AO is they sold me something without my knowledge a insurance plan which I had turned down but somehow they managed to sign me up for insurance for two appliances which I didn’t want insured with them. This took nearly 3 weeks to cancel and they refused to deal with me directly. And was passed on to The insurance company.
I wouldn’t use AO again even if they paid me as it was a complete disaster and their customer service I recieved was a joke
I was informed that we would get a telephone call at 07.00 am to give me a delivery time of my tumble dryer. I received an email saying it would be between 09.00 and 13.00 pm, no phone call from the drivers to say that they were on their way. The lorry arrived at about 11.30 and they could not get it off quick enough, it was carried by one guy and banged in to things in the garage and placed it in the garaged and a screwed up a card saying give us good feed back and they were gone.
Washing machine due to be delivered today 04/12/18 and was informed when ordering it would be between 7am - 7pm, received a text on day of delivery stating delivery will be between 3pm - 7pm, then got a call from driver at 6pm informing me it would now be between 7pm - 8pm. she said they are running late due to be late loading this morning, therefore i’m sure i could have been informed earlier than 6pm as they must have known they were going to be late with deliveries.
Absolutely awful! Been waiting for our cooker to arrive all week.
Received txt and email saying it will be with you by 14:00 only to be told the delivery was canceled due to the driver couldn’t get up the hill.... the same Hill I drive up everyday in a much bigger lorry.. this company obviously employs incompetent drivers, we’ve been told it will be with us Wednesday.......we shall see. Very much doubt it.
Good to buy from - but if you need then to install - be very wary. Purchase process was good. Arrival was timely but during installation of hob the work-surface was damaged. The initial response from AO [while at all times polite] was poor. A claims process is now under way and in the meantime the work-surface is subject to water ingress and other consequential damage. This is my first experience with this company and while I am happy to purchase items from them, I would be very wary of allowing them near any installation work.
I ordered online for next day delivery, I received email notification that I would receive a message with a four hour window on the morning between 0630-0730. Next morning whilst brushing my teeth the phone rang, I called back 2 minutes later and driver said the road is blocked, I replied he must be in the estate next to me and I can direct him to where I am, he replied 'I've left now, book it back in' and cut me off. Customer service were understanding and attempted to contact the driver but he wouldn't reply so I've had to cancel the order. Such a shame that the delivery staff are letting the company down. I see this is not the first instance like this from the reviews so alarm bells should be ringing concerning this part of the operation.
Absolutely disgusting service, had a new fridge, the door was supposed to have been reveresed, the door was incorrectly done and Parts missing, they have been back several times fridge still not fixed!!
ao.com is rated 4.28 based on 2,933 reviews