ao.com Reviews

Could Be Better
Read ao.com Reviews

customerservices@ao.com

AO World PLC 5a The Parklands Lostock

Tell us how ao.com made you happy
ao.com 5 star review on 11th July 2020
Mustafa Abdel Hamid Mohammed Ahmed Habboubi
ao.com 1 star review on 28th June 2020
Mustafa Abdel Hamid Mohammed Ahmed Habboubi
More Photos & Videos
Very good when things are ok. Useless when there is a problem with your purchase. ao.com just pass you on to the maker of the item and you are then at the mercy of the company who made the appliance. No customer service that is recognisable as such.
I ordered a Miele washing machine and told AO that I live on the fourth floor with no lift. A week later the driver is on his way and phones me to say that it is unlikely they will deliver the machine because of the stairs.
They turn up and say that the Miele washing machine is too heavy to carry up the stairs. In response I point out that they have been aware of the stairs and the weight of this particular product for a week. In the end they agree to leave the washing machine on the ground floor so that I can carry it up myself, additionally the company offers to reimburse me for paying someone to help me to do so.
When reminding the delivery people that there's is still the old Hotpoint machine to collect from the fourth floor (which AO promised to collect) the delivery people refuse on the grounds of the machine being located on the fourth floor. I tell them that whilst I would agree that the four flights of going upstairs is a long haul for a heavy Miele, the Hotpoint is a standard weight washing machine going down the stairs and their argument of refusal had been based on the combination of going up the stairs and the machine being a Miele.
The AO customer services tried to convince me that the drivers always have to turn up and assess their access. However, their driver told me about his refusal whilst en-route to the property - that's not a proper assessment.
When AO tells me I can engage someone else to help me get their machine upstairs they are basically saying that it is possible to get the machine upstairs but they are either unable or not willing to do so themselves. I will purchase the same machine from a vendor who is more upfront and honest about what they can and cannot deliver.
Customers are wondering why drivers refuse some deliveries, here is an insight into how drivers are exploited by you as a company.
0 hour contracts on a self employed basis which means any injuries that happen to a driver carrying an american fridge freezer isnt paid for by the company, if they damage such appliance attempting to get it into your property they are charged for it, on days that they do get work they are treated like slaves made to work 15hrs and threatened with losing their job if they dont, furthermore they pay you very little money and take it back off you in fines for things like damaging customers property, damaging appliances, damage to vans whether its your fault or a 3rd parties even though they have insurance to cover this, so this is why some drivers are reluctant to deliver a big appliance into a tight house or carry a washer up 4 flights of stairs, maybe if the company treated their drivers better and valued their work then drivers would go that extra mile to help the customers. Just saying!
Purchases washing machine, promised premium installation, no so, washing machine was dropped hard onto conctete outside frkm hand truck then absolute bodge rush job of an install! They then proceeded to start the washing machine filling with water with the instructions piopework and accessories still inside the machine drum... I had to shout to get them to stop!!! Absolute diabolical negligent lunacy from these delivery installers, NEVER EVER AGAIN ... better off DIY at least you will treat your NEW equipment and your property with respect and NOT damage it!
I complained on the telephone to AO.com and emailed the complaint in too!
like most appliance sale they advertise Free delivery and NEXT day my interpreting of next day means next day, not two days.
you need to get someone to sort out your sale platform.
either you do the next day or you don't.
trying to wangle sale through False advertising.
I checked before I made my purchase with their price match policy. I was advised there was no problem until I actually was about to make the deal and they renamed and said it was do do with the delivery times which was not mentioned in their online policy. Steer clear of this company they do not honour their own policy despite verbal confirmation
Don't use this company unless you like being pestered by phone and email by them trying to sell you product insurance about a year after delivery! You can get the same products from other companies that don't do this. I will never use them again. It gets on my nerves.
Ordered a washing machine for next day delivery, at 7am the delivery driver pulled up, took a photo of property to prove attendance but didn't knock door and drive away. The first we knew of the delivery was an email saying it needed rearranging, even though we were at home and waiting for the delivery. No accountability when we rang to speak to manager, only option was to rearrange delivery for the week following which was difficult with work. No flexibility which led to us canceling the order. Loss of a customer from really poor customer service ao, it's a shame.
The ordering and planning of delivery for a new integrated washing machine and taking my old one away was excellent, even had a call to check our order prior to delivery. The evening prior to delivery had email to confirm time slot, plus a call hour before they arrived. The problem started when the delivery drivers arrived, lots of huffing and puffing saying new machine was heavy, next they were criticising the way my old machine had been plumbed in, as it was going to cause problems for them everything was to much trouble, they even took a call from a colleague who had finished for the day only for my delivery men to start telling them mine was a problem and they would be here ages. to top it all when my husband got home I asked him to check for evidence of a previous leek only to find they had left the electricity cable sitting in water, I dread to think what could have happened if he hadn't checked we could have been electrocuted. These drivers made out they were doing us a favour not that we had paid £65 for installation and taking away our old machine. we will not be using or recommending AO in the future.
My son bought a washing machine from ao for his first flat, the delivery did not turn up and a while later he was told they could not find a parking space so they would have to deliver another day, after much discussion they finally agreed to try again after telling my son it would have to be late as he had messed them around so much??
When they finally arrived they unloaded the machine off the van on the other side of a very busy road from his flat, then left him and his girlfriend to carry the machine across the road and up 4 flights of stairs.disgusting service, companies like this don't deserve our custom...
Poor delivery service. I called twice when placing order to ensure drlivery of fridge freezer could be made downstairs. First team who turned up spun me a tale about losing their lifting gear out of the back of their van. Second team told me this was bulls**t. They said they didn't have lifting gear. I cannot understand how a firm that sells heavy duty appliances can send it's delivery teams out without any lifting or stairclimbing equipment. Poor. I will not use them again.
Item less that 16 months old and ao want me to pay to sort it out even after I have told ao that I have spoken to Trading standards and under the 2015 consumer rights act it is your responsibility to deal with this you still refuse, I have written an email of complaint and copied your CEO in and given you 14 working days to address this issue.

As I promised you I have already posted on "Trust pilot" and left a damming review and will on all sites including Facebook and I will NEVER use ao again and spend my money this your competitors and advise others to do likewise.
Got a replacement tumble dryer from ao which was ordered by domestic and general as a insurance replacement but does not work as it should ao are refusing to replace it after 7 days need to send a engineer out to look at it but I ask for a replacement as it was only 7 days out there terms and conditions say u get the option of a engineer or a replacement product but ao still refuse to replace it next steps will be trading standards as do not keep to the law and was also told they do not need to keep to the law as they are a online trader
Had no issues with the delivery and Installation service from this company, however if your product has a fault they won’t hesitate to leave you high and dry. The price might be good and delivery quick but think very carefully before placing an order, if something goes wrong this company simply don’t care or won’t try to be helpful once they have your money.
Their tactic is if there is a problem with your product they pass you straight to the manufacturer to sort it out. They won’t take any responsibility for the products they sell. Treatment of you as their customer is disgusting.

Ordered a Samsung washer dryer from them which never dried the clothes. Just got passed on to the manufacturer who sends a engineer to try and fix it. They tried to fix the machine about 5 times and tried to claim there was nothing wrong with it in the end. After 2 months of being without a washing machine Samsung agreed to replace. This was only after calling AO and Samsung 2 or 3 times a day for 2 weeks.

Had a replacement machine which worked fine for a few months but yet again has broken down. Yet again passed off by AO to Samsung who took a week and a half to send someone to fix it. Once fixed machine broke down after one wash. Got to wait another week or two before it can be fixed again.

After phoning AO several times a day all they are willing to do is phone Samsung for you, which they tried and couldn’t get through. Got put on hold for ages, got cut off, had a speak to a different person each time. They never phone back when they promise too. Customer service is a absolute joke. Had to leave my poor pregnant wife to try and sort this out while I’m out work, extremely stressful experience no one should have to go through. We have a disabled child who is sick a lot, we are desperate for a washing machine that works.

Please take responsibility and stoping pushing it into the manufacturer. We brought the washing machine from you not Samsung. You sold a product that is not fit for purpose, it’s your responsibility to put it right not Samsung.

Monstrous company to deal with, will never buy anything from them or Samsung ever again.

Avoid this company at all costs
Excellent website for picking, comparing, reading reviews and ordering.

Delivery service was woefully lazy after arriving right on time. Access to flat is restricted, but loats of sapce to drop off the appliance and park.

Drive spent 20mins parked, 20 yards from entance talking to myself and manager at AO to complain about not being able to get parked.

I was told they would not deliver, which was quite dissapointing. so cancelled my order. They did not seem to bothered either.
placed online order and then the scammers took my money and said cant find your order. Bank sent the money. But AO refused to accept wanted me to pay again for the same product have to wait now seven days to dispute transaction. Poor customer service. Total Scam as far as I am concerned . I will Never ever again deal with these people. Pay extra to someone else . Also when you do call try and sell you some bogus warranty and get upset and helpful if you don't take it out. Awful Experience!!!!. still unresolved
My brand new electric cooker had a dent in and the bang was so hard it took the enamel off. I had to send an image and then phone them back. They offered me compensation to keep the appliance. Seeing as the enamel was damaged I said no. So they agreed to swap for a new one. However I had paid for fitting and recycling. Therefore my old cooker was gone. I could only have it swapped if it was NOT used. I'm a single dad with a 14yr old daughter who needed to be fed. I explained this and they insisted the appliance must not be used. Therefore I was forced to accept £50 compensation and keep the appliance. Simple disgraceful. I will never use again and will ensure I advice other not to either
Absolutely disastrous service. Will never use ao.com again. Partially installed new washing machine into our home and left, with us none the wiser. Used the machine for the first time, and it jumped around like crazy; damaging our kitchen floor, crashing into other appliances and shaking our work surface and appliances on top. Had to call a plumber out late at night - the installation men didn't take out the transit bolts! They'd left the bolts in the machine, which has now damaged the machine due to us using it. We also had a leak due to their negligence. Ao.com only gave us £20 as an apology. Disgusting. Stay clear of their service. Their installation men need to be re-trained!
I’d paid for my old appliance to be removed but the delivery driver refused to take it (even just to the outside of the property) due to the style of the old appliance not being like for like with the new one. I was not informed this could be an issue when I booked removal online, or during the pre delivery customer service phone call. I therefore couldn’t accept delivery of my new appliance and have been left without a working fridge freezer. Very disappointed.
This would be a zero if the option was possible, or even negative numbers. Great ordering and delivery (although the harassment technique post sales for their insurance is not good and they try to trick you into agreeing for it which is not appropriate for some callers who may not realise this tactic and agree then be charged without appropriate informed consent. However, it is if a problem arises with a faulty product, their customer service is a fight, very poor and does not understand consumer law. Disgusted with their unreasonable delays and lengthy process. John Lewis really is the only option. Will never buy from AO again as a result.
ao.com is rated 4.28 based on 2,936 reviews