ao.com Reviews

Categories:
Electrical
Home Appliances
Appliance Retailers

Are you a business owner Click here to learn about Reviews.io business solutions.

How would you rate ao.com?

540 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Wendy
kept me informed when they would arrive with delivery crew no ya77

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about ao.com in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"kept me informed when they would arrive with delivery crew no ya77"
Holly Davies
Verified Reviewer
"Great customer service! Lovely telephone manner from call centre. Was allocated an 8.30-12.30 slot and drivers arrived at around 10.00 which was great as some drivers find it difficult to find my home. The drivers Andy and Aaron crew number CWV82 where very friendly and polite and put the tumble dryer in space without any damage to any other furniture or fittings! Will definitely use ao again. Thankyou!"
"Craig with Dan delivered two large products to our home with great efficiancy and were very helpful and knowledgeful about the product. Many thanks."
Mr Brian Leonard
"1st class service"
"Andy and Aaron, crew number CWPM12, delivered and fitted new under counter Stoves oven yesterday. Very friendly guys, very helpful, nothing too much trouble, very impressed with AO again. Have used them in the past and always found them very professional, would highly recommend them to family and friends."
"Just want to say a big thank you to delivery team LDSV189; my items were delivered bang on time."
Miss Alexandra Cole
"Great customer service and delivery team"
"Appliance didn't turn up Terrible customer service No updates to advise not coming Would never use this company again"
"we have just had a delivery from ao and Kerry and Ian were the SP17 delivery/installation team.This is the 3rd attempt at delivering an appliance to our property and the other two teams couldn't manage to carry out the task, however we had the A team and they had to take off two doors and the packaging to get it in but still had a problem getting through a final doorway so they then took off the appliance doors to get the fridge in.Nothing was too much problem for the A team a credit to the company and done everything in professional but friendly manner and were delighted with their efforts"
"The day before the order arrived we were called by ao.com who tried to pressurise us into buying an extended warranty; and when the order was delivered, although we'd paid for both the washing machine and dishwasher to be connected up, the delivery guys were in such a rush to get on to they next job that they did a bad job. Will use John Lewis in future"
"When I ordered my dishwasher I included an extra payment to dispose of my old machine. I managed to get rid of my old machine before the delivery date. I rang AO to see if they would refund the disposal charge, absolutely no problem at all refunded it straight away. Very impressed and a very nice person who sorted it for me too. Well done AO! Dishwasher imstalled yesterday and its excellent :)"
Susan
"Next day delivery for a Hoover vacuum cleaner"
"GREAT EFFICIENT SERVICE BY CREW SPIOOH"
"The delivery team Hey64, phoned and gave a half hour delivery time slot. They arrive within that period, and were quick and very polite, this makes a lovely change."
"Terrible customer service. I ordered a coffee machine on xmas day, only for a huge massive iron to be delivered on 28th December instead. On getting in touch with them to redeliver my actual item (which was expensive enough and on sale) it took them 2 days to get back to me each time I e-mailed (each time with someone different responding to me) - so over a week. They then told me the coffee machine was completely out of stock so I couldn't have it at all but could exchange for another item. On phoning on the 6th Jan it turned out they did actually have the coffee machine in stock but not in the colour i ordered. I asked for another one which they agreed, although they tried to charge me an extra £40 as it was a different colour, which I refused to do so. Cheeky as I knew the other colours were lowere when they were on sale on Boxing Day also - why I specifically booked over xmas. They eventually agreed to give me another one and also agreed to pick up the iron instead. As I suspected they don't communicate with their delivery drivers and the driver refused to pick up the iron at all even though it was them who dropped it off incorrectly in first place. I wish I had paid an extra £20 for the original coffee machine and got if from John Lewis or somewhere. This was a late xmas present and all in ruined my boyfriend's experience of what was supposed to be a nice surprise."
"The washing machine was delivered and fitted quickly, cleanly and efficiently. This was carried out by AV 227 Terry and Nathan. Due to my husband having MND, and nurses in the house, I needed a washing machine and fitted asap. This happened. The only downside, and why I may not recommend AO to others, is the hard sell on taking out insurance on the item. The telephone salesman even tried to use the situation with my husband to persuade me to take insurance."
"no problems whatsoever"
"Just taken delivery of a new Hoover vacuum cleaner that we ordered from ao.com online. It arrived on time today. We eagerly unpacked it and assembled the handle as instructed. We plugged it in to the socket and switched it on. There was virtually no sucking at all and wasn't picking up the dirt from the carpet. The goods were flimsy and we were not satisfied with the quality of the product. I immediately contacted them to ask for a refund as per their website which states we give a full refund within 14 working days. It had not even been 14 minutes!!!! Then we were informed that because we had used it (put the handle on and plugged it in) we weren't entitled to a full refund as they couldn't resell the goods. What? How would we know if it was satisfactory or working properly without assembling it and plugging it in? You wouldn't go to buy a car at a car showroom and the sales person states "sorry you've lost 50% of the car's value because you took it for a test drive and now it's not resaleable!!!!!! This is a joke. Hidden in the small print of their super duper website. This is not customer satisfaction. As an Ao.com customer I was not satisfied and their reaction to this situation is not acceptable. I urge anyone who is thinking of buying electrical appliances from this company online to seriously have a rethink. If you plug it in and it's no good you will lose half your money."
"The delivery men LAV60F where very pleasant and a great help thankyou"
Denton Bourne
"Easy web site. Great prices. Excellent follow up customer service. Order details can be easily tracked. What can I say just Great!!"
ao.com is rated 3.26 based on 540 reviews