ao.com Reviews

Could Be Better
Read ao.com Reviews

customerservices@ao.com

AO World PLC 5a The Parklands Lostock

Tell us how ao.com made you happy
ao.com 5 star review on 12th July 2020
ao.com 5 star review on 8th July 2020
ao.com 1 star review on 28th June 2020
Mustafa Abdel Hamid Mohammed Ahmed Habboubi
More Photos & Videos
LG InstaView™ Door-in-Door™ GSX961NSVZ Wifi Connected American Fridge Freezer - Stainless Steel - A++ Rated

We bought this fridge freezer from AO and it was delivered on the 23 May 2020 by two totally incompetent delivery cowboys who refuse to remove the unit doors to get it into our house. They instead measured our door opening and decide they could get it into our kitchen without taking the unit doors off. They did manage to get it through our front door only to find the vestibule door was too narrow - despite borrowing my tape measure!

So in a confined space outside our front door they proceeded to remove the unit doors - bring these into our house followed by the unit - put doors back on, plugged the unit into a power socket and left without allowing us to inspect the fridge/freezer. On inspection both unit doors were dented and scratched.

Contacted AO - they arranged two replacement doors with LG - doors arrived eventually - followed a week later by a so-called 'engineer' who was shown by me where the water pipes were connected within the unit!!

He swapped over the doors and left so fast he abandoned packing the original damaged doors into two huge boxes as he was only given half an hour to do the job. He took over an hour. We were left to pack doors into these huge boxes - where they remained in our new kitchen for 3 weeks!

Taking off the protective film my partner discovered the replacement fridge door was damaged. Contacted LG and they sent out yet another replacement door - 'engineer' (same one!) was due to replace the replacement door the following week - day before LG contacted us to say he was off ill - apparently LG only have one 'engineer' guy in Scotland?!!!

We kept AO informed of the nightmare experience we were enduring whereupon they copied and pasted standard responses within numerous emails.

Eventually AO offered to replace the entire fridge/freezer - which we accepted. Now they cannot even confirm a date for swap-over!

Our kitchen was stripped out and a new one fitted within 1 week - it remains incomplete as the floor vinyl can't be laid until the fridge/freezer is replaced. Floor vinyl currently in our Lounge. A table and chair set for our new kitchen remains in the shop we bought it from because its pointless having it delivered whilst kitchen is not ready for it.

7 weeks and counting suffering a situation caused by two cowboy delivery/instalation guys - who incidentally not only damaged our front door but smashed one of our outside lights and hid it under plants in our garden!!

Daily emails - having to wait 24 hours for a response and a good few times no response at all - plus dealing with a different person each time!!

7 weeks of total frustration and no signs of this current situation coming to an end.

Have phoned God knows how often - hung up after almost an hour - or eventually speaking to a human - only to be fobbed off with assurances and promises that just don't come to fruition.

Quick to take your hard earned cash - hopless at resolving matters when it comes to sorting out damaged item - on reading most reviews on here it seems to be a constant theme that the majority of problems are caused by incompetent delivery teams.

Our situation is ongoing - who knows when it will be resolved - if ever! It would appear the tactic is to totally fob the customer off in the hope they will eventually 'go away.

I would appeal to anyone thinking about buying a fridge/freezer from AO to take one long and serious think to themselves - and buy from Currys or John Lewis - even it costs a bit more.

I have to say the customer service staff are very polite - however they are hopeless at resolving problems - maybe because of company policy?

I've bought four items from AO over the past 3 months - two items have been damaged - one of which is an expensive outlay for us.

7 weeks and counting - wonder how much longer it will take to get a fridge/freezer fit for purpose??

7 weeks and counting - wonder when our new kitchen will be complete??

WATCH THIS SPACE.

I've given one star as its not an option to give a minus score.

Over to you AO.
AO unable to fit dishwasher. Waited in all day.
Appalling avoid at all costs in my opinion.Didn’t want to know when I complained.
Tried ordered a new samsung s20+ online 10 days ago. The website would not allocate me a delivery spot so had and online chat and was contacted 30 mins later by adviser on my mobile. odered phone and payed for it to be delivered that friday as i am a vet on call and my currenty phone was failing. It never turned up. I contacted them and was told they would sort it and that if I canceled the order it would take over two weeks to get my money refunded so I should bear with them. Nearly a week on, a combined total of 2hours on hold and i still have no phone and no idea if i will get one. They never ring you back, minimum 35 mins on hold every time you want to speak to customer service. Terrible experience. Don't use them.
What a customer service experience! I ordered a new fridge freezer from them - big mistake!!!! I was called 4 minutes before delivery and told that my old appliance had to be switched off for 24 hours otherwise it won't be collected, such information wasn't provided anywhere. When they arrived, they obviously due to COVID19 refused to come in, hence we were expected to somehow take our old fridge out ourselves and pass it to them, they wouldn't even lend us the trolley. The driver was so rude and arrogantly speaking and only kept pointing on his phone that we should have checked their web. I told him "just wait we're going to get it out" to which he got quite upset and arrogantly told me I should not be speaking to him like that and should say "can you wait" Not sure what's the difference but I've never ever had driver behaving like this. The fact that they didn't want to come in due to the current situation is understandable but what was unacceptable is the fact that when we asked them to wait while we bring the old appliance out, they drove off. This all happened in less than 5-minute timeframe. It left us standing outside our house with the old fridge just looking at how they were leaving. We were absolutely speechless. I have never ever come across such rude delivery persons.
So interesting fact is that they couldn't come inside, fine, but they were ok to handle our old appliance once it was outside the property bearing in mind none of the drivers wore face mask nor glows. So, it was then ok to touch and handle the old appliance?? I think this COVID situation is just an excuse for them to do less work. Reg. KU18UTP😤
I was hoping to establish this worst site ever. I bought an espresso machine from sage, but I did not receive it from the date of purchase 7 / May / 2020 and the site is mentioned in my account was delivered and my account is Aramex company there is no receipt of the device and the site does not want to even provide me with any information about shipping The tracking number, carrier, proof of delivery, and signature of the employee on delivery, I don’t know if you lost the amount you paid
My son has had 2 laptops , both faulty and the company are trying to pass the buck . Putting the phone down on him is unacceptable
Most disgusting behaviour of your costumer services. I called for order a washing machine and dishwasher, the lady I talked to agreed with me as they promise "price match". All of the conversation is recorded after seeing price match suddenly she disagreed and not wanted to do, I told her how disrespectful this is as legally as well she can't refuce all the conversation is recorded and I am a loyal customer of ao since years, I always buy from ao and I have never ever experienced this kind of rudnes. I told her to let me talk to manager, she told me that manager will talk to me tomorrow he will call me, now today I woke up went to their website the products are "coming back soon" suddenly they are no longer in stock. When I am calling to ao costumer services my calls go directly to the lady (surely because she know my mobile nr). So I called from my wife's nr talked to an other guy told him everything he is saying same thing manager will call you.. Its coronavirus period going around, they are working from their home I don't know if this makes them behaving like this to their loyal costumer they think they can do whatever they want because I have experience this with alots of costumer services during coronavirus period they rude behavior is top of the head.. I want manager to see this review as I don't know if they ever will let manager know.. Very bad behaviors, so disrespectful so sad If manager will not contact me I will surely buy nothing from ao anymore and they will lose one loyal customer but I guess they don't care.. The lady name was Michael..
Had a really positive experience last time so when our beko washing machine said 5 years was enough we decided to go back to AO. Well another very easy sale although this time it was an online purchase. The machine we bought is clearly not fit for purpose it jumps about and has even dented the side panels from inside ! Rang to discuss only to be told they don't deal with faults you have to go to the manufacturer. Well AO I didn't buy it from beko I bought it from you guys and if I knew this would have been the case I would have gone elsewhere. You are only interested in taking the money not resolving any issues on goods that you have sold. Very poor AO rest assured I will not use you again and I will happily share my new experience with people.
Bought a dishwasher which was faulty and have been told that they will not replace or refund the item so I will have to take it further. Do not use this company
bought a new fridge, was delivered but old American fridge wasn't taken away despite it being outside in garden ready for delivery. reason: van was full. now I have been on the phone for days, and despite numerous promises it hasn't been taken away. leaves me to get another company to pick it up for £150. think before you order large appliances with this company.
I will never use ao.com again, and I make sure to tell others about my experience to save them going through the same thing: we received three washing machines - from two different manufacturers - with manufacturer’s faults. No one at ao.com or the manufacturers was able to confirm for us that we were not being sent seconds or reconditioned machines.
Warranty is a Useless Rip Off
The delivery drivers were great, I have to get that out of the way first, because everything else was terrible.

I bought a faulty washer-dryer that just needs an on-site fix (in my estimation). Fortunately (or so I thought) I bought the extended warranty which they assured me would cover me for all issues. I was told that I could call them directly and someone would come out and deal with any issue I had. Seemed like a good deal.

During the lockdown, I didn't want to force them into doing that, so I contacted them and asked for solutions. Imagine my disappointment when they informed me that they wouldn't send someone out even if we weren't in lockdown and their only advice was to contact the manufacturer.

Bear in mind, I'm paying every month for an additional service not provided by the manufacturer, and yet the only benefits of this service is that every time I contact them with an issue, they will give me the manufacturer's phone number.

It's not a warranty, it's not an additional care service, it's merely an email forwarding service where they pass the buck, apologise for their uselessness, and wish you a good day.

All for £7 a month.
They did what they said they would do and on time.
Went online at around 9pm on a Tuesday to view, then purchase a dishwasher. Price for delivery varied between £10 & £20 over the week, however, the following Tuesday was free delivery.
Left it there till next day, just to ensure that I had made the right choice regarding dimensions etc.
Went back on line at 9am Wednesday morning, only to find that delivery had now been bumped up to £20 & £30 during the week, and that now the following Tuesday was £10!!!
Finally bought exactly the same dishwasher from Boots of all people and was £20 cheaper. Delivery was £10, but guess who delivered?........ AO.com
Delivery was prompt shame about the quality of the fridge freezer one arrived with dents they replaced it with another with dents awful
Misleading and uncaring company - AVOID
As a nurse i need a clear uniform more than ever during the COVID 19 crisis.

However, i will never purchase an item from AO.

The customer service is totally rubbish. I have been harassed by a guy call Joshua from AO for insurance money, while he has been misleading me with regards to installation information.

Then I receive an email from AO to say due to COVID 19 we are only installing cooker but not washing machine. talk about setting double standards and not following government advice regarding helping key worker and essential work.

The AO management were totally inflexible and refused to help me have a washing machine following the breakdown of my old washing machine.

During all this unnecessary stress caused by AO, precious time has been wasted. if AO was honest and genuine from the beginning. I could have cancelled my order and purchase a new washing machine from my local hardware store. Instead, now i do not have the ability to ensure my uniform is clean and washed at 50 degrees.

AO have shown no respect for infection control and the potential harm they are causing to other vulnerable people. They are not a kind or caring company I would not recommend AO to anyone. instead support your local hardware store where they welcome the business and care about their customers.
Misleading and uncaring company - AVOID
As a nurse i need a clear uniform more than ever during the COVID 19 crisis.

However, i will never purchase an item from AO.

Just wanted to appreciate and share a story about two hard working male employees in their 30s, working for AO who refused to bring the washing machine to the 2nd apartment and do the install even do I the landlord payed for the service as I do not have the power to drag it to the second floor.

I was asked by the hard working employees, 30min before delivery of the new washing machine that I am to disconnect the old one and push it to the front door (which I did with the help of my boyfriend) so the employees can only deliver the new one to the door for me to install it.

Unfortunately delivery to the door it was too much to ask for such hard working employees. As a girl I am supposed to magically lift a new washing machine install it on the 2nd floor apartment and then lift an old one and put it back on the ground floor so 2 mans in their 30s can take it with them.

I am extremely grateful to the customer service which spoke to my boyfriend on the phone and said that they cant to contact the employees to do the task.
ao.com is rated 4.28 based on 2,938 reviews