ao.com Reviews

Could Be Better
Read ao.com Reviews

customerservices@ao.com

AO World PLC 5a The Parklands Lostock

Tell us how ao.com made you happy
ao.com 5 star review on 15th August 2017
ao.com 5 star review on 6th August 2017
ao.com 2 star review on 22nd October 2017
Jennifer
ao.com 1 star review on 27th February 2017
Jonathan Huntington.
Very bad customer service no way to contact 2 hours of waiting on the phone before someone pick up your call😩once they deliver your products they don’t care even if you are not happy or the product isn’t suitable for you they’ll leave you with it. Many calls just to get fridge freezer returned and they booked many times for collection waste of my time wait all they nobody turns up not even a call to say they’re unable to attend. Very unhappy left without fridge for almost 3 months,unsuitable fridge left on my hallway with children around.
A couple of days after receiving my order, I received an email asking me to verify that I was the person who left a review with my email address. I had not left a review and therefore the review left using my details must have been fraudulent. I wonder how many other of the 5-star 'anonymous' reviews are also fraudulent. Particularly as so many seem to know the name and number of the delivery crew - which I had no idea about and would not have included anyway. I don't believe a single one of the 5-star reviews left for AO and will not buy from them again.
Called over AOL 2 weeks ago to tell them we had a sliding door hinge dishwasher and needed a replacement dishwasher. The sales agent wrote this in his ‘sales team whatsapp’ and the managers all confirmed this wouldn’t be an issue. They forced us to pay extra for delivery 2 days quicker. The man arrived today and said no, that’s not possible. Customer services didn’t care, tried to convince us to just ‘accept the dishwasher and sort the door ourselves’ and told us they wouldn’t get back to us about this complaint. Awful, soulless company.
Absolute joke of a company, stay well clear!!! I was given a time slot between 7am-11am, booked a restaurant at 13:00pm with my in-laws which I had to pay a cancellation fee, more importantly it got changed 8 times with screenshots of this, most importantly the last timing I received was at 18:00-22:00.

Spoke to AO’s delivery depot based in Welwyn Garden City and the transport manager Mike said he e-mailed AO at 09:03am to say they have no driver and to reschedule all deliveries. Rang AO’s customer service throughout the day, spoke to Bilal and Adam, kept telling me it’s on the way?? Bilal said he’d refund me £30 for the delivery charge as a good will gesture, also mentioned that he finishes at 19:00pm but rang at 18:24pm and the office is closed?

Absolute joke stay well clear from all these cowboys and the rest of the clan.

Still haven’t received the product whatsoever no any emails or updates to the tracking service - still says it’s en route when Mike said it’s not.

Honestly stay well clear, don’t want you getting messed about like I have!
We ordered a dishwasher and paid extra for it to be delivered on 9th Oct. Delivery day arrived, we didn’t get a text to tell us what time to expect it so we called and via the automated service we were advised that it was out for delivery and they would put us through to the driver but it would be a 19 min wait. We decided to leave it, checked on the website which confirmed it was out for delivery. Tried calling again in the afternoon, received the same message and advised the driver couldn’t take the call. 5pm rolls round and I called the number on the website and we were advised that our dishwasher was out of stock so it wasn’t out for delivery. I asked why we hadn’t been contacted at all or even why the order was accepted and we were allowed to pay for specific day delivery if it wasn’t ever available. He couldn’t answer, offered to give us a more expensive dishwasher with a discount but we didn’t want to pay that much for a dishwasher. He advised the model we ordered was due back in stock on 15th and he would schedule a call back for first thing on the 15th to confirm it was in stock and arrange next day delivery.
It got to 9:30am on the 15th and again no call was received. I called and was advised that the dishwasher wasn’t in stock and I could call back and see if it was in tomorrow. I told them I wanted a dishwasher delivered tomorrow or a refund. They offered the refund. It felt like there was very little interest in providing any real customer service and they just didn’t care. I will not shop at ao.com for anything again. Terrible service and an absolute disregard for their customers. Felt like they took our money for goods they couldn’t provide and then tried to sell us a more expensive model.
Fridge Freezer broke after 2 years and 3 months very disappointed with response from AO, will not be purchasing from them again.
If I could give zero i would. I bought a tv in amazon UK 2 day sale. Got all confirmation from ao thats its on its way . Anazon said its dispatched then got another ao message saying sorry order cancelled money refunded 3 to 5 days so can't afford to buy another tv in amazon sale by another company. Used online chat and they said they had priced it wrong. They didn't care one bit that I couldn't order something else because they had my cash. First time of dealing with ao and the last . Keep away unless you know you will get the item delivered . I will be speaking to solicitor to find out where I stand with this as I've been reading they should honour if you didn't know that was not a mistake . It was in sale on amazon and there was another 65inch tv for £335 from another company
Ordering was simple, delivery date given, but when delivery date arrived it was suddenly not in stock, customer service are unable to let us know when it will arrive even though the tracking says it is out for delivery and we even have a e-mail say it is still coming. We are now left without a fridge. no offer compensation or explanation of what has happen. will NOT be recommending this company.
Placed an order 7am-7pm delivery never came no call or anything
Phoned following day accepted apology and guarantee of delivery 2 days later between 7-12. Then told 7-11 as one of first 3 deliveries. Never came phoned and out if stock for another 2 weeks. Furious wasted so much time. No call couldn't get hold of drivers. Really dissatisfied and disappointed.
So a day before my sons birthday I receive a text saying I need to send bank statement to them or they will have to cancel the order. At this point they have already taken the money from my account and sent me a text on the day of purchase saying 'Hi Scott, thanks for shopping with us. Your AO order number is AOL208429411 and will be delivered on 01.10.2020. As your order will be delivered by DPD and has already been processed, we are unable to cancel it for you. However, you can return it for free within 100 days. To download your invoice or view manufacturer details, log into your My Account or sign up here (their website) '

So tomorrow is my sons birthday.. I live paycheck to paycheck. I have no money to now go grab another present because they have it and cannot return it for however many days from when they make it a formal cancellation (they are still pushing for my bank statements) so my sons absolutely devastated.

Honestly it's a scam they take your money tell you that you cannot cancel it via text because its all been sorted and they have sent it. To be told the day before they need your bank statements for the last 3 months or they will cancel it.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. My sons birthday is ruined I'm now on shift in a hospital for the next 5 days and they have left me with absolutely nothing. 0 STARS
With in 3 weeks i have been through 3 cookers now we are waiting for our 4th one to arrive fingers crossed this one works, the first one was admitting orange/yellow flams on all burners and the oven packed up after 20 days, 3 Ao engineers and one smeg engineer came out failing to fix the problem, AO finlly deciced to replace it for the 2nd one where the AO installers eneded up damging the side of the cooker leaving 3 medium size dents and i dont know how but they also managed to bend all the feet on the cooker the worst part was how they tried to hide the damage by leaving the blue protection film on until they pushed it to place i was lucky that i was watching them and noticed the damaged.

So i was back on the phone AGAIN to AO with another wait time of 40 min wasted as they had failed to call me back to arrange collection/delivary date...7 days later the 3rd cooker has arrived and this time me and the engineer checked it over for any damage before installation once it was installed the engineer turned the oven and we herad a bang and the power went out tripping the RCD switch the engineer arsured me its just a blown fuse in the plug after replacing the fuse we turned on the oven again and did the same. I can't express how fustrated i was by now as i'd have to call AO again and waste another 40 min in the cue but yet if you call sales the waitime in only a few seconds LOL.

customer service then told me they were out of stock and that it would be back in stock on the 28th Sept where AO would call me and arrange a new delivary date for the 4th cooker...you guessed it NOOO call back so called them today only to be told there very sorry but they are out of stock again and will be bk in on the 7th Oct.....they had stock yesterday tho :(
Well where to start ? I bought an American fridge they promised me and I pay for the pick up and removal of my old one and installation of the new one.
They attempt 3 deliveries ( so 3 days at home waiting for them - they never arrived in the time given) and always 2 mens knowing that it was not enough and keep saying every time a bigger team will come next time. A month and a half later I had to cancel and ask for a refund of my fridge. Big communication problems and lying to the customer.
That was my first and last time. Hope the money will arrived soon on my account.
A very unhappy customer. With no fridge and a family of 5!
They have postponed our delivery for 13 days because their engineers are off sick!!! Can't believe the company don't have a back up plan for this type of situation... What a joke!
Common gripe with this firm. Takes orders/ money and then no notification that item now out of stock and not out for delivery. I took a days holiday off work to stay home all day waiting for an item that was never coming and taking a total two hours trying to get through to find out why it hadn’t turned up. They then try to upsell. Workers on commission?
WORST BUYING EXPERIENCE I ordered a fridge freezer I was offered a time slot I did not get it on initial order so phoned. 40 mins on phone It was eventually answered and I was assured my time slot would happen. The day before order was due again on the phone this time 59+ mins gave up resigned myself to no time slot. I received e mail day before requesting my old appliance be ready defrosted and near to exit I did this having got up early to do this got help to move it to front door (food from old freezer now in freezer bags)
2.30pm I get a call saying my ordered which was paid for was no longer available!! I remonstrated Verbally with the Rep saying how awful this was was offer an upgrade (too large for my area) I had to cancel the order altogether and lost most of the now defrosted food!!
I immediately went to Marks Electrical fantastic experience and service exceptional Do NOT USE AO !!
Customer service is atrocious. They are not interested and advise you to contact the manufacturer. We bought a Sharp microwave that exploded after a month. We were asked to send photos of the burnt out microwave.
one of the worst customer service I've ever deal with. No one are answering the phone. Send message on live chat at facebook no replay
My dish washer came without packaging, no box, foil, nothing!.
Dish washer are scratch and small paint chip. Fact item was on time and cheaper then other stores but state of the dishwasher and customer service s...!!!.
I'd give 0 stars if possible.
Terrible customer services after complaining about dishwasher. Wasted days off for engineers to actually have not sorted it after 3 visits plus 1 cancellation. Need help to get this sorted, but contacting them is always a very long wait with music and no help. I'm fuming. Don't deserve this after buying from them before. Terrible.
Categories

Review of ao.com

Fiona

2 reviews

2 minutes ago

Ok if no damage to property!!

Previous to our second delivery on which there was damage to property which was satisfactory dealt with from delivery to repair, a fridge was delivered in December. The workers took 1 and a half hours to deliver and reverse the door. On leaving the property they failed to successfully fit the door resulting in a cracking noise and scratching our hallway flooring without putting cover beneath the fridge.
They refused to accept responsibility for the floor and would not come to the phone to speak to you and instead rushed into their van and drove off.
As a result we could not put our food in the fridge as we feared that the door would probably break if we opened it.
They did not even apologise and insisted that the door was correctly fitted despite the fact that two of your workers arrived two days later and were shocked at their behaviour overall.They even took photos of our flooring which was damaged. We repaired of flooring through your company however around three weeks later they started deteriorating again.
I spoke to claims logistics who asked me to send photos over and after looking at the photos they said that somebody would be coming round to repair the damage after June.
However in August when I chase them they change their story and said that I was responsible for the damage and I have to prove that I was not.
I have seen spoken to Jordine and she said that she would call me back the next day however a week later I still have not heard from her.when I've quarter a week later she was asking you the same questions that she had previously been asking me the week before. I told Jordine that I will be submitting a bad review and she insisted in trying to help me. However a week later after speaking to her she was repeating the same conversation we had the week before. Ie. She asked me to send photos of the whole area I said I already have done that etc. I ended the conversation as she was not being helpful whatsoever I say that I will submit a review.
The whole experience has been a shambles from beginning to end  and this is the second time damage has been done to our property.
As we were initially of the conversation as opposed to repair which in hindsight wish we had taken the compensation I am asking that you pay us at the very least 300 to repair our floor.  If I do not hear further then I will assume that you have rejected this offer and I will go ahead and submit review in fine detail.
I have since spoken to Rosie and Vickie who claimed to care however the calls are recorded hence I have had no joy.

EditDelete

Click “Yes, update me” to receive emails from Trustpilot about your reviews, inspiration, tips about businesses and products, information about Trustpilot, and new features. You can opt out at any time.

Yes, update me

Choose country

United Kingdom

AboutAbout usJobsContactBlogPressCommunityTrust in reviewsSupport CenterLog inSign upChrome AppBusinessesTrustpilot BusinessProductsPlans & PricingBusiness LoginBlog for BusinessFollow us on

LegalPrivacy PolicyTerms & ConditionsGuidelines for ReviewersSystem statusCookie preferences

© 2020 Trustpilot A/S. All rights reserved.
Categories

Review of ao.com

Fiona

2 reviews

2 minutes ago

Ok if no damage to property!!

EditDelete

Yes, update me

Choose country

United Kingdom

© 2020 Trustpilot A/S. All rights reserved.
ao.com is rated 4.37 based on 3,713 reviews