BOATsmart! Reviews

of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Under an hour
customer service
Read BOATsmart! Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy
Easy to use, great information and visuals (videos). summaries were really well done. Overall I would recommend to anyone looking to take the course.
Thanks for the great feedback Andre! We're happy you enjoyed the course and look forward to seeing you on the water this summer!
The BOATsmart course was a great course and refresher before taking my boater exam.
Designed to promote success: plain language, clear voice-over to read text areas (literacy augmented - well done!). Excellent video animation, clear design of illustrations. Step by step actions required in simple to follow order. Thank you!
The content was very good and I was prepared for the final exam only thing I would like to see is which questions I got wrong on the exam
Although not required for me, I took the course in order to get a discounted insurance rate for my boat. The course is user friendly and gives a quiz at the end of each module so you can track your readiness for the final test. Some of the material you need to go through slowly and carefully because it can be confusing if you read through it hurriedly. If you prefer it also has audio which reads verbatim what the printed material says. It was also the least expensive certified course I found. I definitely recommend the course, especially if you are required to take it to legally operate a boat.
Very interesting, helpful course but it needs some editing as there are errors online and in the study guide.
Very well presented course with multi-media learning methods and a flexible way for us to complete the training. Excellent organization of the content and really helps to highlight the importance of this knowledge. There are quite a few spelling typos in the content, should be reviewed more carefully.
I think the course was excellent and covered pretty much everything related to boating safety. Numerous topics that you don't typically think about but non the less very important. About the only thing I could say that could be better is to have some sort of conformation that you will be getting a card for successful completion. It's a bit vague is all but I did see where I should receive my card in about two weeks. Now I wasn't required to take the course but having done so I feel much more comfortable starting up boating again which I have not done for about 30 years. Thank you for a great course!
It was good content but I was continuously finished thoroughly reading sections 40 seconds or more before the timer ended and had to stay on the page which was annoying
I had about 20 years experience with boating in the 80s and 90s. This course was a great refresher to pass the exam so I can use my new boat for fishing this season in my retirement.
As a professional course developer I appreciate the chunking of the content into small easily to consume sections. The use of graphics and audio aided my learning greatly. The material was well organized, though could have been shortened some where content overlapped modules. The quizzes were generally very good though I found some answers didn't require mastery of the content. Writing of good quiz questions that are valid and test mastery is harder than most think and it wasn't well done in the course with some answers very obvious. Overall all great material - I would refer to again to refresh myself on various components in addition to spending more time on the water. Well done.
Easy to use and very informative
it was a longer course than I expected, but I think all the courses are long! I would really liked to know which questions I got wrong, it would help me keep the newly gained knowledge and details straight. I think it should be modified to show this information once the final test is completed. As it stands, I am blissfully unaware that I don't know something about a buoy, or life jacket or something else equally important. Just my thoughts : ) I was pleased to be able to do this course in my home rather than going out, so thanks for offering it!
Some of the questions on the test I didn’t know the answer to because it was not gone over in the course.
It was very easy to understand and did a good job of covering everything!! My only complaint is that at the end of the quiz you did not tell me what I got wrong and what the right answer was.
Content was good.
A few misspelled words. And one video with an audio issue. Other than that it was perfect.
A good way to spend a rainy, snowy Sunday. Good info. Could not download check lists , but a decent course
Very informative but some of the quiz questions were not a part of the course content, answers should be shown after quizzes so students know what they got wrong from the quiz.
Hi Cailyn - thanks for the feedback. Since there are a finite number of test questions and the test is open book and unsupervised - Transport Canada and NASBLA regulate that the answers not be shown. This is one of the check and balances put into place to maintain the integrity of online testing. As boaters too, we understand the feedback and are working with regulators to try and improve the process within the confines of online testing. Thanks for sticking with it and safe boating!
BOATsmart! is rated 4.43 based on 6,479 reviews