BOATsmart! Reviews

of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!
4.4
Based on 8,058 reviews
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read BOATsmart! Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy
Way too long. Says it is only 50 questions, that is just the final exam review at the end. You have to pass 6 modules with approx. 17 - 23 sections first. Each of the 6 modules has 10 questions, pass with 80 or relisten to the entire module again to retake before you go on to the next. Then their is the fact that the reading part says one number and when the audio part says another number in 2-3 places. The word aground is spelled wrong on a question in that run aground module. The one nice thing was the cost of this was less than the other one online but for both my wife and I who took the test simultaneously on the computer and a cell phone, it took 5 hours, way too long.
TIme limits drag the course out to an excessive time. While they may be required to avoid people just guessing their way through, they are annoying for those who read and absorb material at a reasonable pace. The answer to question in module 1 which asks about exemptions to requirement for who requires certification is incorrect. Your own course material states that people from out of the country do not require local certification in their own boats, but the only choice which is given which is a possible correct answer is " There are no exemptions" This is contrary to the course material.
took me a very long time to finish, but it was rewarding. I just wish that we could skip the parts we already knew.
Disappointed that the program did not show the answers in the pre test exercises that were incorrectly submitted. This should be corrected so participants have the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. In general the course could be shortened considerably, there was a lot of repetition from one module to another and a lot of content that was not pertinent to the type of questions asked in the final test. It was also more expensive than other similar programs which I found out after the fact.
While the content was valuable, it was incredibly frustrating at the length of time it took to complete. I understand the need for a set time in each module so that the modules aren’t able to be skipped through; however, I was able to read the content with a great deal of time left I would then have to wait to pass until I could advance to the next module. That being said - I do believe that I learned good information. Thank you for your consideration on my comments.
I believe the timer on some questions need to be revised.... audio was a minute long reading the paragraph took less and timer was 2 mins 30 seconds, seems excessive.
Very good program.. wish it offered the option to skip through some of the articles. I didn't watch the videos, I just read through the material and was done reading much sooner than it would let me click through.
Some of the quiz questions weren’t brought up in the tutorials, kind of a shocker when you do the quiz. Luckily process of elimination helps out with multiple choice. I feel though the final test should be a little bit harder though.
Liked the course. Just wish it didn’t have the minimum time on each section, as many times I had to wait 45 plus seconds after I had read and reviewed the material to advance.
a lot of the questions in the module tests ask about things not covered in that module, but are provided in later modules.
I was able to read the course content on had the time allowed for each lesson and could have finished in half the time if I had been allowed to move on. This took too long and got to be annoying.
I had a little trouble staying connected. Some of the questions had misspelled words or double words that made it confusing to read at first but I was able to get through it. And appreciate that I was able to order my NYS Licence when I was done. Thank you.
The wait to move on to a next lesson is too long. You should allow skipping through when done
If you fail a quiz you should just have to take the quiz again rewearing all the videos is stupid
The course modules were fine, except that the little videos rarely worked. Also, it seemed at times the allotted time was too long for the text.
content was poorly timed to the slide time limits making uncomfortable pauses between moving between “lessons”
The course was pretty good but the webpage forces you to stay much longer than necessary on each page. I am a fast reader and already an experienced boater so it was quite painful to sit through each timer until it was done.
Not allowing me to speed up the lessons was frustrating
I went ahead and ready the book and so found it frustrating that i couldn't just take the test without completing all the modules. It should not be mandatory to do all the modules and the wait time to go to the next step was super annoying. I would NOT recommend to others.
Hi Kathryn - thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We definitely understand that the course timers can be frustrating, but they are mandated by Transport Canada and NASBLA because the testing is online and unsupervised. The course timers are a requirement for all course providers. Glad you stuck with it and safe boating!
There were some questions that weren’t reviewed until the following chapter
BOATsmart! is rated 4.4 based on 8,058 reviews