Boots Reviews

Returns Process
Could Be Better
Read Boots Reviews

About Boots:

Buy health and beauty products online from the UKs most popular chemist, Boots. Find pharmacy services, prescriptions, baby, diet, fitness, hair products and perfume. Check out the huge selection of our online products, the number one store the UKs.

Boots Customer CarePO Box 5300

Tell us how Boots made you happy
Boots 1 star review on 29th June 2020
Karen
Boots 5 star review on 4th April 2018
Paula Parvin
More Photos & Videos
So so bad. If you buy an electric item at Boots such as Braun SIkl Epil 9 Flex like I did today- it cost more than 250£- you come home and you relaise that the item has a plug that is only suited for EU. Therefore you cannot use it ANYWHERE in the UK. So, you are upset. You call the compalints department and they tell you-oh it is normal it comes from a EU rule (??) that their product cannot be made with a UK plug. ?? So why would oyu sell it in the UK? And without 1) that this fact is clearly stated near the shlef where the product is 2) that ALL you staff knows about it and can underline that to the custome to avoid any frustration 3) you do teh same for your online store (this painful fact is not communicated either there). The complain deprtmnent say that "everybody knows this". I am afraid it is not true. I am afraid it may not be even legal to send a product whihc is not made for the UK electrical specifics. I am afraid that it is not legal to sell a prodcut that needs another product to work (an electrical adaptor EU-UK that you mainly find in airports ( and, possibly... Boots). Of course Boots cannot get the faulty item back pickign it up from your home and have you reimbursed because they are still n teh middle ages so you have top return to a shop wohtout having lsot your ticket and wait and explain and so on to be reimbursed. As if one only has time for this, after having spent 269£ on an item.
This is the sign of a terribly bad managed old company who has no policy to use communication and training to sell their (faulty) products. It is unbelievable.
most difficult website to use - reload/refresh takes forever.
The on line service is always the worse site To purchase from. When I go to pay there is no action it seems to only give a very short period to choose and pay because when I repeat my order a couple of hours later which only takes a couple of minutes it will accept payment
This has now occurred at least six times and I absolutely dread using the site. It’s such a shame as I adore No7 products but the site lets the company down big time. I do hope you can improve it to the standard of other sites. Anne Ager
Absolutely awful. I ordered a lipstick from their website. When it arrived, it was a completely empty tube worn right down to the end (looked like it had been used as a tester or something). I emailed them with a photo expecting they'd apologise and send out a replacement since I should never have received an item in that condition. The first reply I got was a computer generated response with some generic guidance completely useless for my situation. I emailed again saying that I couldn't visit a store during the Covid situation and would like a replacement sending out. They replied to say that, as the pandemic guidance was changing, I would need to visit a store to return the faulty item they never should have sent me, like they know the health situations of those in my household, and as if returning this clearly useless item was worth risking my health. The onus for correcting their error was put entirely on me. This was a Fenty product so not cheap at all. I'd ordered it as a treat for myself and it's been nothing but stress and terrible service. I've never experienced this with other online retailers I've used and certainly would not use Boots again.
Worst website ever. Slow doesn't even describe it! Takes so long to even view a product, you decide you don't need it in that time. Dreadful.
I've done all my shopping online since 23 March and Boots' website is by far the worst I've used. It's slow and clunky - difficult to find products and appears to take forever to register purchases in the basket. In fact, they're added almost immediately but you have to trust it's happened because the "system thinking about it" revolving circle goes on and on and on . . . In my view the company is taking advantage if its near-monopoly position.
Had first order cancelled by email after payment taken. It said I had exceeded the maximum number of an item, didn't say which or how many I was allowed and had obviously allowed me to 'basket' the order without objection. Couldn't get a straight answer by email about what the problem was. Took 3 mails to get an advisory 4 per item limit. Apparently a branded 'intimate skin' wash is an essential item? Boots didn't re-credit my points offer, so had to mail about this too. With fewer items, could not now qualify for free home delivery, so decided on Click and Collect. Just went to pick it up as received email advising it was ready. Shop shut (1pm Wed) shutters down, no sign explaining why. Rang store number on return home to be told they closed for lunch 12:30-13:30. I said it would be helpful to publicise this on the web, but was told it's a fluid situation. I suggested they could at least stick a sign in the window when they close for lunch - apparently this radical idea will need to be referred to the manager! Oh yes and I was told lunch is the same time every day (what happened to a fluid situation?). Shopping with Boots now seems to require 'local knowledge' as we public have nothing better to do than monitor and share with eachother the times when Boots staff decide to eat. Going to see if I can get these advantage points spent when I do finally get through the door and never shop with them again!!
DO NOT BUY IT FROM boots

Never order from this store or site. They are fraudsters. A week ago I ordered this perfume from this company and there was a gift with the perfume. The price also included a gift of headphones. But they deceived me and did not send me the gift. It is a regular practice of this company to offer the wrong product false advertising. FRAUDSTERS. This perfume is available at a better price elsewhere. DO NOT BUY IT FROM HERE
I hated working for this company in 1988 as a Youth Training Scheme laboratory technician in NOTTINGHAM.
Today at the BEESTON site things have gone from bad to worse.
I was worked like a dog - and got the blame for everything.
But the ladies in the typing pool were friendly ! ! !

BOOTS is sorry now . . . BOOTS is sorry now
Macey's heart is aching for breaking each vow
He's sad and blue
Peter's crying too - he had a nervous breakdown and left !
Just like I cried over them - it took 20 years for me to come to terms !
Right to the end - I should have left after 3 months !
Just like friend
I tried to warn Chloe somehow - she was my silly supervisor !
But Macey had to have his way - he was a psychopath !
Now Dr. Bishop must pay
I'm glad that BOOTS is sorry now ! ! !

The building I worked in is now literally just a hole-in-the-ground today. Nice - Dr. Bishop had to close my laboratory down soon after I left - and jobs were lost.
Just ordered for my mum online and the confirmation has the addresses wrong even though I know I entered them right. Having read other reviews have noticed others ordering for a friends/relative have had the same issue.The billing and delivery addresses appear the wrong way round on the confirmation. THERE IS NO WAY TO CANCEL OR AMEND AN ORDER ONCE IT IS MADE-NOT EVEN IMMEDIATELY! Terrible service!
Orderd products from online after 14 days had to phone customer service to find out my order was not comming then to be told had to wait 30 days for refund I work for the nhs so didn't want to go to un nessary shops at this time no apology will not use online service again
I ordered £50 worth of products online and when I got to the checkout section there was an issue with one of the bank details I put in. When I corrected it and put the order through, I noticed in the confirmation email that the order was getting sent to an old address, which is only a 6 hour drive and a 2 hour ferry crossing away from my current address!

I phoned Boots immediately to change the address or cancel the order and was advised that I wouldn't be able to do this! I then spoke to another customer advisor who told me that I would be able to get a refund when I got the dispatch email. I didn't feel that this information was correct so I phoned the helpline and got another advisor who told me that the information I had been given was incorrect and was probably given by one of their staff who had just started! I was then advised to write a letter to the tenants of my old address to ask them not to accept delivery of the package!!

Long story short - my package is waiting in the sorting office of the old town where I used to live and I know have to wait at least 18 days until they return it to Boots upon which I might receive a refund.

Boots customer service have been unhelpful and misleading and it has taken me hours to try and contact Royal mail, sorting offices etc to track the package down. Surely it would be a lot simpler to have a cancel or change address option on the website, as Amazon does?
I went to your branch in stroud glos today before leaving home i checked on line for your opening times 9am it said the store did not open till 10am then quite rightly i had to wait no problems there i purchased items to the value of 80 pounds as a polite gentleman was serving me another member of staff said i could not pay cash even thou i had the right money i understand that its your duty to protect your staff and your customers but surley your web page shop window or the pleasant young lady who let me enter the shop could have conveyed it was card only
Boots Photos: I ordered photo prints online on 25/4 (estimate delivery 29/4-4/5). As per tracking, item delivered on 1/5, but actually not received. Customer service web chat asked me to ignore tracking & wait till 5/5, which added to time waste. I ordered a replacement on 7/5 (estimate delivery 13-18/5), contacted web chat support 5 times to expedite delivery. All i get is lip service and BOT-like answers, but no action/resolution or visibility on dispatch/delivery dates. They don't even answer to my queries & find myself repeating questions for 20-30 minutes. Even escalation procedure answered 3 days later (13/5) but could not expedite nor advise dispatch time. He even advised it has not even printed as earlier advised by webchat. As of 15/5, photos are still in production! I even can't access my account since they modified the web site on 12/5. This customer service only provides frustrating lip service and is a disgrace to the Boots name. Don't use if you can't wait 2 weeks & risk re-ordering.
I placed an order online this morning but changed my address first as we moved three years ago. I got to the checkout but I’d forgotten my password so I made a reset request which they sent by email. It then asked me if I wanted to be sent back to my order which I did and I then completed the final stages.
When I received my confirmation 2 mins later I noticed, to my surprise, that they were going to send it to my old address. I called them straight away asking them to cancel it but to my horror they said they couldn’t do anything about it!
The problem is we don’t know who lives at our old address any more and it is 2 hours away from us so I asked them what can I do. How do I know if they will return the package to the postman as they don’t have our address? To which the reply was, well if they send it back to the post office they will send it back to Boots eventually, and then you can make a claim!!! Seeing that they have acknowledged that the instructions on line are misleading how come I’m left out of pocket and wondering whether I will ever get my products? I’m appalled at their lack of help and responsibility in all this plus the fact that I will probably never get my money back!
I will never ever use them again!
Surprisingly really unhelpful.
Rang up to ask for an overlap in pill deliveries for my mother, so that instead of her running out every month and having no pills to take for one or two days, there is a delivery in the week before to provide ongoing access to pills. The pharmacist said no.
I wasn't given a chance to explain that I am a registered carer for my mother, who has dementia, and that I have lasting power of attorney for health and welfare.
It seems strange that I am allowed to pick up prescriptions for my mother, with no proof of identity checked, but I'm not allowed to ask for a delivery date to be moved by a couple of days.
I've now had to write to her GP to intervene on my behalf... surely not a good use any GP's time.
If you are an oversees customer you will not get your vat back if you shop at Boots, I Tried to get vat back on 2 occasions but boots receipt is the only one not refunded at the point of exiting the country despite other receipts from various traders being refunded. I got in touch with boots and their refunding agent to reclaim the VAT but 6 months later and after a lot of emails flying around between me, Boots, Planet Payment and Travelex I gave up because it appears to me that Boots who I hold responsible for returning my VAT do not give a damn.
Dreadful customer service
Don’t reply to e mails
Don’t answer phones
Poor poor poor
Ordered online 16 days on and still nothing will shop elsewhere now
Tried for 3 days to place an order online but was patient as I know the website must be busy at this very difficult time. However, managed to get on it early evening yesterday, ordered what I wanted (about 10 items) and proceeded to the check out, entered my credit card details which it accepted, then a screen came up with the message 'There was a missing parameter paRes'. I have looked on line and there are quite a few postings saying this has happened to others on the Boots site. Why haven't Boots, a stalwart of the UK high street, not fixed this problem?? I have been worried all night and all day about my credit card details. I did manage to speak to someone at Boots today but they could find no trace of my order and could offer no explanation. What is going on?? I honestly didn't think I'd have any problems with a company who have a very long UK history.
Order baby items on website for my little ones eczema.
Clicked onto my address in my address book and ordered through paypal
Didnt get confirmation page just went through.
Got email saying it's getting sent to different adress what I di6dnt click on. Phoned customer services right away and they didn't want to help one bit even though it was pending they said they couldn't change address or cancel it. Which I know is total rubbish because I have worked for customer service which other companies and u can change it very easily within the first hour. Will not be buying from them again even though I have been a loyal customer for many years. They are a complete joke.
Boots is rated 2.95 based on 1,226 reviews