Boots Reviews

Returns Process
Could Be Better
Read Boots Reviews

About Boots:

Buy health and beauty products online from the UKs most popular chemist, Boots. Find pharmacy services, prescriptions, baby, diet, fitness, hair products and perfume. Check out the huge selection of our online products, the number one store the UKs.

Boots Customer CarePO Box 5300

Tell us how Boots made you happy
Boots 1 star review on 29th June 2020
Karen
Boots 5 star review on 4th April 2018
Paula Parvin
More Photos & Videos
So so bad. If you buy an electric item at Boots such as Braun SIkl Epil 9 Flex like I did today- it cost more than 250£- you come home and you relaise that the item has a plug that is only suited for EU. Therefore you cannot use it ANYWHERE in the UK. So, you are upset. You call the compalints department and they tell you-oh it is normal it comes from a EU rule (??) that their product cannot be made with a UK plug. ?? So why would oyu sell it in the UK? And without 1) that this fact is clearly stated near the shlef where the product is 2) that ALL you staff knows about it and can underline that to the custome to avoid any frustration 3) you do teh same for your online store (this painful fact is not communicated either there). The complain deprtmnent say that "everybody knows this". I am afraid it is not true. I am afraid it may not be even legal to send a product whihc is not made for the UK electrical specifics. I am afraid that it is not legal to sell a prodcut that needs another product to work (an electrical adaptor EU-UK that you mainly find in airports ( and, possibly... Boots). Of course Boots cannot get the faulty item back pickign it up from your home and have you reimbursed because they are still n teh middle ages so you have top return to a shop wohtout having lsot your ticket and wait and explain and so on to be reimbursed. As if one only has time for this, after having spent 269£ on an item.
This is the sign of a terribly bad managed old company who has no policy to use communication and training to sell their (faulty) products. It is unbelievable.
Ordered some beauty products a few weeks ago and the click and collect went really smoothly, my order actually arrived a couple of days early. However, last week placed an order and delivery was for the Saturday but because of some problem with the scanning of the parcel at my local store where I was to collect it from, after ringing the store and being told it hadn't arrived, I was then put to the inconvenience of ringing Boots Head Office where it was impossible to get through to unless you were prepared to wait half hour or so hanging on the phone. The Manager was really apologetic. I did collect my parcel on the Monday, but wasn't very impressed with the customer service.
The Abbots Langley branch is my local boots and is always very helpful l was served by Nidhi who was very sufficient and helpful l was buying L’Oréal dream lengths shampoo but there was no conditioner she kindly went and found a new stock not only giving me the one l wanted but also filling up the empty shelf all the staff go the extra mile in the jobs .thankyou. Lynn Miller
most difficult website to use - reload/refresh takes forever.
The on line service is always the worse site To purchase from. When I go to pay there is no action it seems to only give a very short period to choose and pay because when I repeat my order a couple of hours later which only takes a couple of minutes it will accept payment
This has now occurred at least six times and I absolutely dread using the site. It’s such a shame as I adore No7 products but the site lets the company down big time. I do hope you can improve it to the standard of other sites. Anne Ager
Absolutely awful. I ordered a lipstick from their website. When it arrived, it was a completely empty tube worn right down to the end (looked like it had been used as a tester or something). I emailed them with a photo expecting they'd apologise and send out a replacement since I should never have received an item in that condition. The first reply I got was a computer generated response with some generic guidance completely useless for my situation. I emailed again saying that I couldn't visit a store during the Covid situation and would like a replacement sending out. They replied to say that, as the pandemic guidance was changing, I would need to visit a store to return the faulty item they never should have sent me, like they know the health situations of those in my household, and as if returning this clearly useless item was worth risking my health. The onus for correcting their error was put entirely on me. This was a Fenty product so not cheap at all. I'd ordered it as a treat for myself and it's been nothing but stress and terrible service. I've never experienced this with other online retailers I've used and certainly would not use Boots again.
Good when needing items for new baby apart from when you go in to boots pick up a pack of nappies and they are a lot dearer and you don't have enough money all because there not in the right place still got nappies though cheers boots
Free delivery and came 2 days early. Left with neighbour as requested. Contents were exactly right. Will order again soon
Worst website ever. Slow doesn't even describe it! Takes so long to even view a product, you decide you don't need it in that time. Dreadful.
I've done all my shopping online since 23 March and Boots' website is by far the worst I've used. It's slow and clunky - difficult to find products and appears to take forever to register purchases in the basket. In fact, they're added almost immediately but you have to trust it's happened because the "system thinking about it" revolving circle goes on and on and on . . . In my view the company is taking advantage if its near-monopoly position.
Had first order cancelled by email after payment taken. It said I had exceeded the maximum number of an item, didn't say which or how many I was allowed and had obviously allowed me to 'basket' the order without objection. Couldn't get a straight answer by email about what the problem was. Took 3 mails to get an advisory 4 per item limit. Apparently a branded 'intimate skin' wash is an essential item? Boots didn't re-credit my points offer, so had to mail about this too. With fewer items, could not now qualify for free home delivery, so decided on Click and Collect. Just went to pick it up as received email advising it was ready. Shop shut (1pm Wed) shutters down, no sign explaining why. Rang store number on return home to be told they closed for lunch 12:30-13:30. I said it would be helpful to publicise this on the web, but was told it's a fluid situation. I suggested they could at least stick a sign in the window when they close for lunch - apparently this radical idea will need to be referred to the manager! Oh yes and I was told lunch is the same time every day (what happened to a fluid situation?). Shopping with Boots now seems to require 'local knowledge' as we public have nothing better to do than monitor and share with eachother the times when Boots staff decide to eat. Going to see if I can get these advantage points spent when I do finally get through the door and never shop with them again!!
DO NOT BUY IT FROM boots

Never order from this store or site. They are fraudsters. A week ago I ordered this perfume from this company and there was a gift with the perfume. The price also included a gift of headphones. But they deceived me and did not send me the gift. It is a regular practice of this company to offer the wrong product false advertising. FRAUDSTERS. This perfume is available at a better price elsewhere. DO NOT BUY IT FROM HERE
I hated working for this company in 1988 as a Youth Training Scheme laboratory technician in NOTTINGHAM.
Today at the BEESTON site things have gone from bad to worse.
I was worked like a dog - and got the blame for everything.
But the ladies in the typing pool were friendly ! ! !

BOOTS is sorry now . . . BOOTS is sorry now
Macey's heart is aching for breaking each vow
He's sad and blue
Peter's crying too - he had a nervous breakdown and left !
Just like I cried over them - it took 20 years for me to come to terms !
Right to the end - I should have left after 3 months !
Just like friend
I tried to warn Chloe somehow - she was my silly supervisor !
But Macey had to have his way - he was a psychopath !
Now Dr. Bishop must pay
I'm glad that BOOTS is sorry now ! ! !

The building I worked in is now literally just a hole-in-the-ground today. Nice - Dr. Bishop had to close my laboratory down soon after I left - and jobs were lost.
Just ordered for my mum online and the confirmation has the addresses wrong even though I know I entered them right. Having read other reviews have noticed others ordering for a friends/relative have had the same issue.The billing and delivery addresses appear the wrong way round on the confirmation. THERE IS NO WAY TO CANCEL OR AMEND AN ORDER ONCE IT IS MADE-NOT EVEN IMMEDIATELY! Terrible service!
On the 27th May 2020 I phoned Boots help line as I had lost one of the nose pads on my glasses I’m 76 and I really can’t see very well without them I was give the phone number at your Boots Croydon branch optician department I live in Leatherhead so I told the young Lady I spoke to what had happened this was about 10am and she said she would contact the Leatherhead branch which wasn’t opened to see if there was someone on call, at about 12am I got a call from someone at Leatherhead to ask if I could get to the store I did and my Glasses were repaired and given to me while I waited outside. The young lady who was at Croydon I think was called Helena I don’t have the young ladies name at Leatherhead I can’t thank them enough, the service Boots provided was exceptional and so were your staff.
Mrs P. Alford
Orderd products from online after 14 days had to phone customer service to find out my order was not comming then to be told had to wait 30 days for refund I work for the nhs so didn't want to go to un nessary shops at this time no apology will not use online service again
Hi I was in your store today at skippers lane I would just like to say the store manager was so helpful and kind and made me feel very safe doing my shopping
I ordered £50 worth of products online and when I got to the checkout section there was an issue with one of the bank details I put in. When I corrected it and put the order through, I noticed in the confirmation email that the order was getting sent to an old address, which is only a 6 hour drive and a 2 hour ferry crossing away from my current address!

I phoned Boots immediately to change the address or cancel the order and was advised that I wouldn't be able to do this! I then spoke to another customer advisor who told me that I would be able to get a refund when I got the dispatch email. I didn't feel that this information was correct so I phoned the helpline and got another advisor who told me that the information I had been given was incorrect and was probably given by one of their staff who had just started! I was then advised to write a letter to the tenants of my old address to ask them not to accept delivery of the package!!

Long story short - my package is waiting in the sorting office of the old town where I used to live and I know have to wait at least 18 days until they return it to Boots upon which I might receive a refund.

Boots customer service have been unhelpful and misleading and it has taken me hours to try and contact Royal mail, sorting offices etc to track the package down. Surely it would be a lot simpler to have a cancel or change address option on the website, as Amazon does?
I would just like to say a big Thanks to Dawn and her team of girls at your Holyhead store. The same as everyone else I have had to visit the shop a number of times during the lockdown not only for me but for my husband too and Dawn and the team have been so helpful and nothing was too much trouble and always smiling, even when dealing with disgruntled customers. Thanks again team. Keep smiling as you always do, you are doing a great job in these difficult times. Take care and stay safe
I went to your branch in stroud glos today before leaving home i checked on line for your opening times 9am it said the store did not open till 10am then quite rightly i had to wait no problems there i purchased items to the value of 80 pounds as a polite gentleman was serving me another member of staff said i could not pay cash even thou i had the right money i understand that its your duty to protect your staff and your customers but surley your web page shop window or the pleasant young lady who let me enter the shop could have conveyed it was card only
Boots is rated 2.95 based on 1,226 reviews