ClickMechanic Reviews

of reviewers recommend ClickMechanic
Own Driver
6 - 12 Hours

Tell us how ClickMechanic made you happy
Great service from start to finish made getting my car repaired very easy. From the initial phone call with a mechanic who explained clearly what needed to be done and why, to receiving quotes within minutes and then the garage itself providing an excellent service. Having a mechanic come to your house to fix the car made the whole thing very easy and straightforward. Required very little involvement on my side and would highly recommend
Arrived early, installed new brake pads on the driveway, no fuss, no bother. Test drive proved good job. Social distancing all you could ask for, pleasant attitude but no unnecessary chat. Very good price, too. Will definitely use them again.
I booked in for break pads but as the mechanic pointed out and showed me I needed discs as well.He even came back in the evening to complete the job.The price was very competitive and cheaper then taking it to a garage
Thanks to Richard Utting from ClickMechanic for helping in a difficult problem.The guy Deserves a raise.Cheers

mr S.Singh

Dudley
I have used clickmechanic before and i've always been happy with the service. Rhys the mechanic arrived well within the allocated time and did job quickly. I would use them again as i've never had any bad experience with them. Price was reasonable too.
Needed my brake pads and discs replacing, so booked the job with clickmechanic. Was surprised to be able to get it done on a Sunday morning, and the mechanic who turned up was a great bloke who knew what he was talking about.

The repair was done quickly and to a high quality, and I was given advice regarding other issues on the car.

Will definitely use again
Raul was exellent today. Punctual and went above anmd beyond to help me out.....Thanks Raul!!!!!
An easy to website with all prices for all jobs. Half the price of a garage. Their guys are friendly and professional and I will use this company for all my motoring needs(I have three vehicles on the road)
ClickMechanic is a very good way of getting your car fixed cheaply and professionally by qualified mechanics. They provide a very quick and transparent service for all cars no matter how big or small the problem and they take away any fears that people may have about being ripped off by a potentially more unprofessional car repair outlet. I have only used these once, so far, but I will definitely use them again the next time I have a problem with my car.
Initially seemed good: mechanics (Swinton Recovery Ltd) came Saturday 22nd Dec to diagnose the car; came (albeit over an hour past time window) and seemed pretty bang on as far as mechanics go. Diagnosis reader said right rear abs ring sensor - and a brief test drive he said the noise I was getting was a potentially a worn o/s rear wheel bearing (despite the noise going when put in neutral whilst moving, which tells me it's the transmission, probably the diff)... Sent me a quote of just over £182 for the above to be fixed, and said they'd pick it up and do the work on Thursday 27th Dec. So, got back home early that I normally would do on Boxing Day night from being with family, so I'd be there from early morning (as from my experience of your typical mechanics, their time management is p*ss poor, so no exact time window given at all on this occassion - and having a HM Forces background, that drives me mad! Know I'm not the only one out there they have to go to, but most mechanics I've ever dealt with need to seriously sort their scheduling and time management out, can't do with it!)... Waited in all day, on one of the only days I take off in the working year, was told by text after me texting them twice (as they'd asked me to remind them) that they'd ring me shortly (at just after 12:30pm). However, never heard a thing, so had my day almost completely wasted not being able to go anywhere or do anything, with cancelled family plans etc! You also can't login to the website, despite it supposedly creating a login for you after your initial booking being setup (for you to then add a password) - it constantly gives an error "OOOPS! Something went wrong!" so, internal It problems too, so can't login to farm it out to someone else! All a very nice sounding idea in theory like a lot of these things, but I won't bother again (can't login anyway of course)! Unrecommended, will have to take to another potential rip off garage the normal way, 40 quid plus VAT for a tutt (and another 40 +VAT for a "pfff" and shake of the head and a scratch of the temple)! Cannot in anyway recommend - rubbish! Don't waste your time and money and just book into a garage the normal way and take your chance as usual! Cack.
Just AVOID !!

Similar experience to one of comments below.

I booked a repair with them after receiving a nice (how naive!) quote for £132.63 to replace CV joint on my car.

Then I emailed them saying there's mistake with requested arrival time and then replied that the quote doesn't include parts... so "new" total is £436!!

That smells like false trading/advertising.

I give them 2stars instead of 1 star as the email correspondence was prompt and I wasn't charged "cancellation fee".
Absolute joke, got robbed of £90 cash ontop of the job I paid for, said needed new Callipers aswell cash only, took cash and ran when I checked hadn't replaced, lost my spare key fob Which i paid £250 3 mnts prior for, the guy who collected decided he couldn't be bothered to use the winch and drag the car on the back of the truck so ragged the car with seized brakes up the ramp burning the hell out of the clutch so yeah thanks click mechanic and good luck contacting anyone for help or renumeration once they have your cash its so long sucker!!!
Incompetent Swipe money before job done
Mechanic no show
Untrustworthy
Unreliable
Totally unacceptable outfit
worst ever experience , they are just looting money , came to repair coolant leak/water pump- of my peogeot 208 , fault is still there and mechanic left as such , now they are asking for more money for diagnostic check , totally dishonest and incompetent mechanic
A horrible company. They sent a mechanic without proper tools and equipment. He “serviced” my Mercedes Benz on my drive way, changed oil and left a huge spillage on the driveway, the oil got onto my plants. I will need to hire a company to remove that oil and it will cost a few hundred pounds.
I have never ever experienced such a horrible service .
Please be aware of these scammers! They were meant to carry out my car work at home, all agreed to. They decided upon arrival they were taking it to a garage nearby, with no explanation as to why. As the location of the garage they mentioned was round the corner I reluctantly let them take my car.

I then followed them in my spare car and realised they were going in a completely different direction to what they said and I lost them as I couldn’t keep up.
I called them up and found nobody answered, I went into a panic and texted them that I wanted my car back and that I’d go to the police if they didn’t return it.

They answered after reading that. When questioned, they said they were taking the car out of town. Completely changing yet again what they had initially advised and the location.

I asked him to return my car And he got verbally abusive. Upon return of my car I was sworn at once agin for wasting their time, he started taking photos of my car And being intimidating.

I then got further calls from the ‘garage’ where the so called mechanic was, he began to shout and swear yet agin as I changed my mind. Customer Service is alien to these people.

I was totally shaken up by this experience. I was then advised by a friend they have form for this. They take your car, fix the fault and suddenly more faults appear, by the time you know it, your bill is extortionate and unaffordable, and obviously no payment means no car! I can not for a moment believe the positive reviews are even real! Stay away, I know I will.
The job was meant to be carried out at my home, instead the mechanic insisted on driving my car back and forth to his garage a journey of, who knows each way saying the car would be fine. In the process of replacing my clutch after a premature clutch bearing failure at 32000 miles(out of warranty), which took nearly a month to complete, as parts didn't fit apparently, and he caused a gearbox leak from the nearside driveshaft. 9 months on I have just had to pay out nearly £1,000 for the gearbox to be rebuilt after input shaft bearing failure lead to complete failure, the car is presently at 34000 miles provable with MOT certificates, Also stay away from Kia,s 7 year warranty, not worth the paper it's written on for major failures....
Booking #4115251
Absolutely appalled with my experience at ClickMechanic. Nick, the "mechanic" who came to fix a problem with the heater fan in my car only made the issue worse, and still charged me over £200. It appeared to be working fine when he left but it broke again shortly after. He came to "rectify" the issue again but was still left broken days later and had the cheek to suggest I'd "tampered" with it. I decided to take my car to an actual Vauxhall garage and they identified that the part had been fitted incorrectly by Nick which is why it kept breaking. Even after sending proof of Vauxhall's report & findings, Nick still wouldn't accept liability for this costly and time-consuming case and refused to refund any fees or give any form of compensation. ClickMechanic provided no support on my behalf and "resolved" the case with no compromise whatsoever. I will not be using them again.
Booked my car in on the 29th Feb for brake repair. I paid £137 up front. The mechanic drove my car to the garage. He said it could be fixed and will return my car later. A week later I still had not returned. I was texting him wanting to know where my car was. He was saying he needed to speak to clickmechanic about other work I needed on my car ?
It’s only when I threatened them with the Motor Ombudsman they returned my car today
I will never ever use this company again. If my car needs a repair I’ll go to a garage
Their website states "We hear it all the time. Stories of rogue traders and cowboy mechanics. However, when you use ClickMechanic you don't have to worry about a thing". Do not believe a word of it - in my view they are the biggest bunch of cowboys out there.
I booked a pre-purchase inspection through ClickMechanic and on the basis of the report, bought the car. It very quickly became apparent that the discs & pads (which had been reported as "Excellent") in fact needed replacing. The rear tyres (also reported as "Excellent") were actually on the legal limit. So, I am faced with a bill of in excess of £1,000 to fix issues that should have been identified in the report.
As others have expressed in their reviews, Customer Service is a totally alien concept to this company. Their Resolution Centre is a farce - they have no interest in reaching a fair resolution, the process is very much biased in favour of their mechanics. After protracted email conversations, my case was closed without my agreement - not exactly customer service best practice!
You will find many good reviews out there - that's easy if everything goes to plan. However, a company's response when things go wrong is far more revealing. Most people will accept that things go wrong from time to time, but in ClickMechanics case, they have absolutely no interest in fairly resolving the issue.
Whilst they claim to offer 12 months parts and labour warranty for and physical work undertaken (reviews here cast doubt on how effective that is!), there is no such protection for pre purchase inspections. They hide behind the disclaimers in their T's & C's and just say 'nothing to do with us, go sort this out with the mechanic'.
A very frustrating and very expensive experience. I will not be using them again and would urge others not to either.
ClickMechanic is rated 1.53 based on 72 reviews