ClickMechanic Reviews

of reviewers recommend ClickMechanic
Own Driver
6 - 12 Hours

Tell us how ClickMechanic made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Arrived early, installed new brake pads on the driveway, no fuss, no bother. Test drive proved good job. Social distancing all you could ask for, pleasant attitude but no unnecessary chat. Very good price, too. Will definitely use them again.
Please be aware of these scammers! They were meant to carry out my car work at home, all agreed to. They decided upon arrival they were taking it to a garage nearby, with no explanation as to why. As the location of the garage they mentioned was round the corner I reluctantly let them take my car.

I then followed them in my spare car and realised they were going in a completely different direction to what they said and I lost them as I couldn’t keep up.
I called them up and found nobody answered, I went into a panic and texted them that I wanted my car back and that I’d go to the police if they didn’t return it.

They answered after reading that. When questioned, they said they were taking the car out of town. Completely changing yet again what they had initially advised and the location.

I asked him to return my car And he got verbally abusive. Upon return of my car I was sworn at once agin for wasting their time, he started taking photos of my car And being intimidating.

I then got further calls from the ‘garage’ where the so called mechanic was, he began to shout and swear yet agin as I changed my mind. Customer Service is alien to these people.

I was totally shaken up by this experience. I was then advised by a friend they have form for this. They take your car, fix the fault and suddenly more faults appear, by the time you know it, your bill is extortionate and unaffordable, and obviously no payment means no car! I can not for a moment believe the positive reviews are even real! Stay away, I know I will.
I booked in for break pads but as the mechanic pointed out and showed me I needed discs as well.He even came back in the evening to complete the job.The price was very competitive and cheaper then taking it to a garage
The job was meant to be carried out at my home, instead the mechanic insisted on driving my car back and forth to his garage a journey of, who knows each way saying the car would be fine. In the process of replacing my clutch after a premature clutch bearing failure at 32000 miles(out of warranty), which took nearly a month to complete, as parts didn't fit apparently, and he caused a gearbox leak from the nearside driveshaft. 9 months on I have just had to pay out nearly £1,000 for the gearbox to be rebuilt after input shaft bearing failure lead to complete failure, the car is presently at 34000 miles provable with MOT certificates, Also stay away from Kia,s 7 year warranty, not worth the paper it's written on for major failures....
Booking #4115251
Absolutely appalled with my experience at ClickMechanic. Nick, the "mechanic" who came to fix a problem with the heater fan in my car only made the issue worse, and still charged me over £200. It appeared to be working fine when he left but it broke again shortly after. He came to "rectify" the issue again but was still left broken days later and had the cheek to suggest I'd "tampered" with it. I decided to take my car to an actual Vauxhall garage and they identified that the part had been fitted incorrectly by Nick which is why it kept breaking. Even after sending proof of Vauxhall's report & findings, Nick still wouldn't accept liability for this costly and time-consuming case and refused to refund any fees or give any form of compensation. ClickMechanic provided no support on my behalf and "resolved" the case with no compromise whatsoever. I will not be using them again.
Booked my car in on the 29th Feb for brake repair. I paid £137 up front. The mechanic drove my car to the garage. He said it could be fixed and will return my car later. A week later I still had not returned. I was texting him wanting to know where my car was. He was saying he needed to speak to clickmechanic about other work I needed on my car ?
It’s only when I threatened them with the Motor Ombudsman they returned my car today
I will never ever use this company again. If my car needs a repair I’ll go to a garage
Their website states "We hear it all the time. Stories of rogue traders and cowboy mechanics. However, when you use ClickMechanic you don't have to worry about a thing". Do not believe a word of it - in my view they are the biggest bunch of cowboys out there.
I booked a pre-purchase inspection through ClickMechanic and on the basis of the report, bought the car. It very quickly became apparent that the discs & pads (which had been reported as "Excellent") in fact needed replacing. The rear tyres (also reported as "Excellent") were actually on the legal limit. So, I am faced with a bill of in excess of £1,000 to fix issues that should have been identified in the report.
As others have expressed in their reviews, Customer Service is a totally alien concept to this company. Their Resolution Centre is a farce - they have no interest in reaching a fair resolution, the process is very much biased in favour of their mechanics. After protracted email conversations, my case was closed without my agreement - not exactly customer service best practice!
You will find many good reviews out there - that's easy if everything goes to plan. However, a company's response when things go wrong is far more revealing. Most people will accept that things go wrong from time to time, but in ClickMechanics case, they have absolutely no interest in fairly resolving the issue.
Whilst they claim to offer 12 months parts and labour warranty for and physical work undertaken (reviews here cast doubt on how effective that is!), there is no such protection for pre purchase inspections. They hide behind the disclaimers in their T's & C's and just say 'nothing to do with us, go sort this out with the mechanic'.
A very frustrating and very expensive experience. I will not be using them again and would urge others not to either.
Do basically they just ring a local so called mechanic with out even checking their able or qualified to do the job
Don’t use these people!!!
I am self employed and have a van with a faulty clutch supplied and fitted by a click mechanic. The mechanic is good but has a serious problem with one of his family. Click mechanic say the mechanic who fitted the part must be the person who rectifies the problem. So here I am with a van with a slipping clutch which I must use everyday to go to work in. Not an ideal situation and all click mechanic will do is say they will contact the mechanic and its up to them to fix it. Very poor customer service! Also, when you try to contact them using the correct option on the phone there is a recorded message saying this option is unavailable please use email. Not a great solution when you need answers.
Appalling, the car was picked up late, and returned by the mechanic NINE AND A HALF HOURS later. The job was supposed to take 3-4 hours. no discount for the excessive delay was offered. The car came back with numerous faults that were not present when the car was booked in, some of which could have easily caused a fatal crash on departure from Merthyr Tydfil home to surrey. Chris the mechanic has lied openly throughout this process and put lives in danger. To make matters worse clickmechanic refuse to help in any meaningful way despite giving them full details of the problems i've had with the car and with the mechanic providing false details on the receipt provided.

I would avoid clickmechanic at all costs, a simple clutch replacement that was £255 turned into over £600 worth of damages to a rover 25 which was otherwise in good condition prior to the mechanic getting his hands on it.
Using Clickmechanic is a gamble.

This is a platform for freelancing mechanics and those with mobile units. The buisiness model is good but their infrastructure of support for the customer is non existent or that it is very poorly executed.

And who your case would get appointed to, needs to be checked before booking. Good mechanics can perform badly on occasions, bad mechanics can get it right like even a stuck clock always gets the time right twice a day.

However, whatever goes wrong the company does not protect the customer or their monies, ever. The business thrives on disclaimers, no liability clauses and such fine print. The best, after a lot of persistence, they would offer is to connect you to the mechanic in a messaging system. You approach the company because you are aggrieved about something unworkable in the first place. Then you have a nice merry-go-ride, round, round and round you go in the resolution centre until they ensure that their interest is protected.

There is no accountability, they do not accept any liability for their traders' performance or under performance if it were the case. It is a gamble. You may have the best mechanic out looking into your car issues and you would be ever so pleased. You may have a not so clever mechanic who doesn't have expertise and yet you need to pay regardless of your satisfaction levels. There is this disclaimer and no liability fine print which can cost you dearly.

But fear not, please remember to pay using credit card or a bank card. You can always raise a charge back. Please refer to section 75 and charge back in the event of an unjustifiable loss. You do not need clickmechanic or the mechanic themselves. But do offer them the opportunity to fix matters because you would need to show the bank that you have exhausted all venues of fixing matters with them. If their response has been wholly unjustified, contact your bank.

Clickmechanic do not know their traders, they are only interested in making money. Anyone with the qualifications can be a mechanic, even those who lack expertise. For pre-inspection it is dead easy. You could just tick a few boxes, take a few pictures and then fall back safely on the disclaimer and no liability. The performances are not scrutinised, this business wants to make money, their eyes are fixed on money and they wrongfully think that the trader is the purpose of the business. Whereas amazon have got it right. They care two hoots if their traders leave, in fact they sift through the chaff on a regular basis. They would rather protect customer interests and that is how they buy and build their loyalty. The clickmechanic's operational management is just in its name, they are just mediators, no more.

The mechanic reviews left for by customers are vetted with more rigour than vetting the mechanic itself. So you would see a 100% feedback for all their mechanics. I would say go through individual reviews, sift through for the experts and ask for their appointment for the vehicle. Even better use AA. AA have their own employees, they have a rigorous vetting and inducting process and they are an esteemed company who never falls short in customer service. I have used AA for various insurances, schemes, still continue to do so.

On this occasion I tried clickmechanic for the cheap pricing and boy didn't I get the cheapest service of my life! It couldn't have got lower!

Let's hope Jeff bezos will bring platform for services here to the UK. Afterall we are entering into an age of environmentalism. After sales service is the future in business and sale of goods would be taking a backseat.

I wouldn't not recommend clickmechanic because I like these sort of platforms that have the socially responsible model to it where traders have the opportunity to work on. Please do look up who the mechanics are and go for mechanics who have proven expertise, who are professional in both: their conduct & services. Study chargeback and section 75 thoroughly in times of crisis.
I am sorry that I not read these reviews before booking with clickmechanic. The service is as good as the mechanic being used, however clickmechanic seems to have no procedures for vetting the mechanics they recommend, no procedures for assisting the customer, no legal responsibilities when something goes wrong, etc.

I will not describe the entire saga, but suffice to say that after paying £820 to replace a flywheel, I ended up with a car which is undrivable and a recommendation to change the whole gearbox (about £4,000!). Clickmechanic showed no interest in resolving the matter and made sure that they told me that they had no legal responsibility, it was between me and the mechanic.
Gave one star because I cant put zero.
Found ClickMechanic online, seemed great. Put my details in, postcode, car reg etc, and also the problem I had, which was a steering rack replacement. I'd had quotes off other garages but the one from C/M was more competitive than most, plus on their website it says "no hidden costs", "no added extras" and "Fixed quote". Cost was £574. So I placed my order. Car was picked up as agreed and taken to a local garage. I then got a call from the garage stating that it was going to cost in excess of £1000 and that I was going to have to pay the difference. I spoke to C/M who were not very accommodating to say the least, they tried to say that, well we don't know exactly what will be wrong or what parts will be needed until they look at your car !! Excuse me,, but you gave me a fixed quote with no hidden or extra charges, now you are telling me I have to pay another £500+?? A number of phone calls later and absolutely talking to a brick wall it was evident that C/M were washing their hands of this and asked if they could put the old steering rack back in and give it me back to go elsewhere. I mentioned that in the terms and conditions it states that when a job is agreed to be taken on, at that point it is a binding contract. C/M said, yes that's between you and the garage and nothing to do with us !! My contract is with C/M, it is C/M that deal with the garage, not me. They also referred me to another point in the T's and C's which in a round about way states "we Click Mechanic do not have to abide by our T's and C's if we come across unforeseen issues, but the customer, me, does". (Not exact words but you get the gist). I had to leave my car with the garage and have them fix my car privately without using C/M which was cheaper but still more than the quote.
Lastly, whilst I was talking to C/M on the phone, I was logged on to their website and I put my car details in again, this time the quote was £427,,, how can that be???
No I will not use these incompetent, uncaring people again and I will make sure none of my family or friends use them either.
Absolutely awful service.
Steer well clear. Paid for the job, had to chase for days to see when the work was actually going to be done. When it finally was I had to have the same job redone at another garage a few months later. They were not interested at all.
Shame as it's a good idea but they just don't see things through
Problem car overheating.
First mechanic came around, stripped car on driveway and left it in pieces, never returned.
Second mechanic - again on the driveway replaces radiator, condenser, fan motor, car still overheating.
Says head gasket has gone, takes car to garage replaces engine, car still overheating. He says it’s Ok. but overheating with a whine.
Eventually I take car to a reputable garage All it needed was a simple thermostat.
This company has cost me nearly three thousand pounds with their in vetted mechanics and my car had never run the same since they became involved.
I am not sure how click mechanic are still able to carry on trading!! This is clearly the biggest scam ever. They take your card details when booking in the job, when the booking date and time lapses, they charge the card and any extra they feel like, regardless if the works been done or not.
I had my car booked for a clutch replacement, mechanic collected my car, next day I had £780 taken out of my card so I assumed works been done. 3 weeks later and still had no car and then when o eventually got it back, they charged me a further £380 and the clutch still wasn’t fixed, ended up scrapping my car! I have never ever been ripped off in my life and this was the first and last.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
I booked service last saturday. Tiago took my car around 11.00 am time slot was (8-10). i said why you late. he said its too much traffic. common on saturday near Hatfield where do you find traffic. anyway he dint call me throught a day and return my car around 6.45pm. I have asked all ok he said i forgot my car key so i have to take your car back to my garage to get my car key . I said i am waiting for my car since morning and i got some work. so he gave me car back. i asked where my service book , he replied i forgot to put stamp also on dashboard service reminder not cleared. and same day he sent me 45 point check in that he ticked off everything. I guess he dint do even service and charged me £181. still my service book not returned . completely useless.
Don't use this service. The customer service can't help you if you got an issue with the mechanic. Appalling service. I had to change discs and breaks on my Volvo for £187. I ended up by paying €120 extra.
It’s seems like a good idea. Until your mechanic doesn’t not turn up on time . Came next day. Then he realised that he doesn’t not know much about the job he has accepted. Doesn’t not do the job he was booked for and Charged you anyway. Click mechanic team, not communicating very well, no answering phones, no call back and the message correspondence it’s between you and the mechanic on their platform. My mechanic was rated as 4/5 stars so you think it’s must be a good one, but after more dipper research they are completely different ratings. I am surely will not used then again. Please do you research first before you accept anything.
Thank god I didn’t pay up front. Had an appointment for 18-11-2019 between 12 and 14 hrs . The mechanic forgot the appointment. So didn’t call me. Sent a message to support, at 14hr . No reply,. Totally unprofessional, Can imagine them running this company from a bedroom. Hence why the internet can be a scam. Be careful out there
ClickMechanic is rated 1.51 based on 67 reviews