ClickMechanic Reviews

of reviewers recommend ClickMechanic
Own Driver
6 - 12 Hours

Tell us how ClickMechanic made you happy
Using Clickmechanic is a gamble.

This is a platform for freelancing mechanics and those with mobile units. The buisiness model is good but their infrastructure of support for the customer is non existent or that it is very poorly executed.

And who your case would get appointed to, needs to be checked before booking. Good mechanics can perform badly on occasions, bad mechanics can get it right like even a stuck clock always gets the time right twice a day.

However, whatever goes wrong the company does not protect the customer or their monies, ever. The business thrives on disclaimers, no liability clauses and such fine print. The best, after a lot of persistence, they would offer is to connect you to the mechanic in a messaging system. You approach the company because you are aggrieved about something unworkable in the first place. Then you have a nice merry-go-ride, round, round and round you go in the resolution centre until they ensure that their interest is protected.

There is no accountability, they do not accept any liability for their traders' performance or under performance if it were the case. It is a gamble. You may have the best mechanic out looking into your car issues and you would be ever so pleased. You may have a not so clever mechanic who doesn't have expertise and yet you need to pay regardless of your satisfaction levels. There is this disclaimer and no liability fine print which can cost you dearly.

But fear not, please remember to pay using credit card or a bank card. You can always raise a charge back. Please refer to section 75 and charge back in the event of an unjustifiable loss. You do not need clickmechanic or the mechanic themselves. But do offer them the opportunity to fix matters because you would need to show the bank that you have exhausted all venues of fixing matters with them. If their response has been wholly unjustified, contact your bank.

Clickmechanic do not know their traders, they are only interested in making money. Anyone with the qualifications can be a mechanic, even those who lack expertise. For pre-inspection it is dead easy. You could just tick a few boxes, take a few pictures and then fall back safely on the disclaimer and no liability. The performances are not scrutinised, this business wants to make money, their eyes are fixed on money and they wrongfully think that the trader is the purpose of the business. Whereas amazon have got it right. They care two hoots if their traders leave, in fact they sift through the chaff on a regular basis. They would rather protect customer interests and that is how they buy and build their loyalty. The clickmechanic's operational management is just in its name, they are just mediators, no more.

The mechanic reviews left for by customers are vetted with more rigour than vetting the mechanic itself. So you would see a 100% feedback for all their mechanics. I would say go through individual reviews, sift through for the experts and ask for their appointment for the vehicle. Even better use AA. AA have their own employees, they have a rigorous vetting and inducting process and they are an esteemed company who never falls short in customer service. I have used AA for various insurances, schemes, still continue to do so.

On this occasion I tried clickmechanic for the cheap pricing and boy didn't I get the cheapest service of my life! It couldn't have got lower!

Let's hope Jeff bezos will bring platform for services here to the UK. Afterall we are entering into an age of environmentalism. After sales service is the future in business and sale of goods would be taking a backseat.

I wouldn't not recommend clickmechanic because I like these sort of platforms that have the socially responsible model to it where traders have the opportunity to work on. Please do look up who the mechanics are and go for mechanics who have proven expertise, who are professional in both: their conduct & services. Study chargeback and section 75 thoroughly in times of crisis.
+++DO NOT USE CLICK MECHANIC+++DO NOT USE CLICK MECHANIC+++
I had a service done at a VW main dealer giving my Golf a clean bill of health except it required a new water pump. The car was 9 years old with 42000+ miles at the point of service so rather than pay main dealer costs (£569) I went to CLICKMECHANIC a web based booking firm for car repairs who gave the job to one of their designated mechanics [SPANNERWORKS] for £282.
Approx 140 miles after the work was done the engine suffered a mechanical breakdown - the engine is a total write off.
After 7 weeks of inaction and denial by CLICKMECHANIC as well as different stories as to the root cause from two of their designated mechanics [SPANNERWORKS and Darren at MOBILEAUTOCARE] I had the car recovered to VW Bromley by Darren.
My combined costs for work across Darren and Spanner total over approx £700 and the car did have a market value of approx £4000 - now zero
VW Bromley have inspected the car and written a letter stating the engine write off was a direct result of the work carried out by CLICKMECHANIC whose mechanic had carried out the water pump work. Remedial costs are over £8000 so the car is a write off.
This letter has been sent to CLICKMECHANIC who have yet to respond.
BTW their customer service is awful - a very thin veneer - do not be fooled by ''Ted'' - he is not on your side and to date CLICKMECHANIC have done everything to deny responsibility.
A horrible company. They sent a mechanic without proper tools and equipment. He “serviced” my Mercedes Benz on my drive way, changed oil and left a huge spillage on the driveway, the oil got onto my plants. I will need to hire a company to remove that oil and it will cost a few hundred pounds.
I have never ever experienced such a horrible service .
I booked in for break pads but as the mechanic pointed out and showed me I needed discs as well.He even came back in the evening to complete the job.The price was very competitive and cheaper then taking it to a garage
Booking #4115251
Absolutely appalled with my experience at ClickMechanic. Nick, the "mechanic" who came to fix a problem with the heater fan in my car only made the issue worse, and still charged me over £200. It appeared to be working fine when he left but it broke again shortly after. He came to "rectify" the issue again but was still left broken days later and had the cheek to suggest I'd "tampered" with it. I decided to take my car to an actual Vauxhall garage and they identified that the part had been fitted incorrectly by Nick which is why it kept breaking. Even after sending proof of Vauxhall's report & findings, Nick still wouldn't accept liability for this costly and time-consuming case and refused to refund any fees or give any form of compensation. ClickMechanic provided no support on my behalf and "resolved" the case with no compromise whatsoever. I will not be using them again.
Their website states "We hear it all the time. Stories of rogue traders and cowboy mechanics. However, when you use ClickMechanic you don't have to worry about a thing". Do not believe a word of it - in my view they are the biggest bunch of cowboys out there.
I booked a pre-purchase inspection through ClickMechanic and on the basis of the report, bought the car. It very quickly became apparent that the discs & pads (which had been reported as "Excellent") in fact needed replacing. The rear tyres (also reported as "Excellent") were actually on the legal limit. So, I am faced with a bill of in excess of £1,000 to fix issues that should have been identified in the report.
As others have expressed in their reviews, Customer Service is a totally alien concept to this company. Their Resolution Centre is a farce - they have no interest in reaching a fair resolution, the process is very much biased in favour of their mechanics. After protracted email conversations, my case was closed without my agreement - not exactly customer service best practice!
You will find many good reviews out there - that's easy if everything goes to plan. However, a company's response when things go wrong is far more revealing. Most people will accept that things go wrong from time to time, but in ClickMechanics case, they have absolutely no interest in fairly resolving the issue.
Whilst they claim to offer 12 months parts and labour warranty for and physical work undertaken (reviews here cast doubt on how effective that is!), there is no such protection for pre purchase inspections. They hide behind the disclaimers in their T's & C's and just say 'nothing to do with us, go sort this out with the mechanic'.
A very frustrating and very expensive experience. I will not be using them again and would urge others not to either.
Do basically they just ring a local so called mechanic with out even checking their able or qualified to do the job
Don’t use these people!!!
I am self employed and have a van with a faulty clutch supplied and fitted by a click mechanic. The mechanic is good but has a serious problem with one of his family. Click mechanic say the mechanic who fitted the part must be the person who rectifies the problem. So here I am with a van with a slipping clutch which I must use everyday to go to work in. Not an ideal situation and all click mechanic will do is say they will contact the mechanic and its up to them to fix it. Very poor customer service! Also, when you try to contact them using the correct option on the phone there is a recorded message saying this option is unavailable please use email. Not a great solution when you need answers.
Problem car overheating.
First mechanic came around, stripped car on driveway and left it in pieces, never returned.
Second mechanic - again on the driveway replaces radiator, condenser, fan motor, car still overheating.
Says head gasket has gone, takes car to garage replaces engine, car still overheating. He says it’s Ok. but overheating with a whine.
Eventually I take car to a reputable garage All it needed was a simple thermostat.
This company has cost me nearly three thousand pounds with their in vetted mechanics and my car had never run the same since they became involved.
I am not sure how click mechanic are still able to carry on trading!! This is clearly the biggest scam ever. They take your card details when booking in the job, when the booking date and time lapses, they charge the card and any extra they feel like, regardless if the works been done or not.
I had my car booked for a clutch replacement, mechanic collected my car, next day I had £780 taken out of my card so I assumed works been done. 3 weeks later and still had no car and then when o eventually got it back, they charged me a further £380 and the clutch still wasn’t fixed, ended up scrapping my car! I have never ever been ripped off in my life and this was the first and last.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
My experience with Click Mechanic has to be the worst ever customer service I've ever had. I have written to them as per letter below but still had no response.
Dear Sir/Madam

I feel so let down by Click Mechnanic and FJ Autocare I had to put my terrible experience in writing and copy in the Trading Standards Institute.

I first booked the Head Gasket repair on my car on the 13th February 2019 with the belief that the mechanic would arrive to do the work on the 15th February 2019.

Since then the following has happened.

Feb 15th Nobody arrived.
Feb 20th at about 11.30--Colin and Simon arrived
Feb 20th at approx. 2.15pm Colin and Simon leave taking the head with them.
Feb 21th Call from Colin asking what you wish to do with the head.
Head was still not completed test at the engineers.
Feb 22nd I was told head had failed but they have a replacement for
£245 including delivery.
Feb 23rd I paid what was required.
Feb 28th Simon arrives alone at just after 3.00pm and starts to put
things together He .leaves at approx. 5.15pm and states he will be
back tomorrow at noon to finish the job.
March 1st. Simon didn't arrive
March 4th. Arranged for Simon to come on March 7th
March 7th. Simon didn't arrive but arranged for his to come the next day.
March 8th. Simon didn't arrive but arranged for him to come on Monday 11th March.
March 11th. Simon arrived but with the wrong timing chain gasket so he couldn't complete the job but he said he would come back the next day to finish the job.
March 12th. Simon didn't turn up.
I'm now left with a vehicle still in pieces and another £245 down for a reconditioned head (Or so they claim. I suspect that I probably had the same head back in the same condition as they took it away) It's quite staggering that I could be met with such incompetence and lack of care.
March 13th, Simon completed the work on my daughters car.
March 17th. My daughters broke down because there was an air lock in the cooling system which meant the system expelled all the coolant from the radiator etc. The reason this has happened is because after completing the work on the head gasket the system should have been purged to flush out any air locks which is standard practice for any skilled mechanic. Clearly this wasn't done.

March 26th. The head gasket has blown again and is bubbling water out of the cooling system even though I have check the coolant level every single day for the last couple of weeks. I have taken the temporary measure by using a sealant solution to fix the issue in the short term. The product is called K Seal ( Copy of receipt for said item available )

I feel very strongly that you are obligated to reimburse the £495 you have taken from me and I would also urge you to pursue the £245 I sent to FJ Autocare for a re-conditioned head which was obviously their little scam as I probably bought back the exact same head in the exact same condition that they took away from their first visit. I will also be communicating with my credit card company relating to this farce to push for them to recover this money if you fail in your duty of care.

Going forward Click Mechanic should also think twice before continuing to associate themselves with FJ Autocare of Peterborough as they clearly aren't a reliable partner but a firm that should be treated with distrust.

I await your response.

Regards
Will not be using these guys again. I would recommend avoiding, as the quotes they offer are nothing short of guess work based on, not expertise or are they practical or realistic. You are better going direct to your local garage.
These guys quoted me a figure for repairs, and once the vehicle was taken and at the garage the price jumped by 20%. What is the point of giving a quote which is out by 20% - thats significant, and renders the service obsolete.
You will get some quotes right, even i could do that on guess work.
To make matters worse, their idea of a resolution is essentially well thats what it is, like it or lump it attitude.
AVOID!
3195965

D Lawrence
1 review

Published 4 seconds ago
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE
I have had a bad experience with this service ...not the garage which is excellent and wont be named but the way that jobs are costed out by the people in Shepherds Bush.
In my case I was charged £125 for gearbox oil which doesn't sound alarming ...the mechanic thought the car in question would need 10 litres of the stuff ...it only needed 4.5 litres to full the gear box of the 2.0 car.
Your can buy the toughest Dexron 3 grade gearbox oil in a 5 litre container for £25 ( decent brand too ).
So if you enjoy and look forward to being ripped off please use this service...their waiting for you !!!
It seemed like a good idea and would have been nice n easy if it had worked. But I will never use them again. To cut a long story, there was a lot of confusion about who they were sending, it kept changing. So I had no idea who was coming. Anyway the actual mechanic was very good, very knowledgeable, and said that the problem with my car wouldnt be resolved by the work that I'd booked, but he did not have the extra part that it would need. So he couldnt do anything, but I would be charged for the call out. I was expecting that to be around £20 - £40 as thats what the website said. So I was pretty upset to be charged £83, yet I still have the original problem with car.
Im not happy with ClickMechanic because they told me it would be a local mechanic (4 miles) but they cancelled the local one and sent someone from another county, 30 or 50 miles away, hence high call out charge. If they'd given the job to the local he may have been able to source the other part needed and get on with fixing my car.
I tried to get the issue resolved through ClickMechanic website and got absolutely no response from them at all, even though its them who take the money and the mechanic did his best to get me a partial refund. The only way to escalate an issue with ClickMechanic is to waive your rights. You have to AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEIR DECISION AND NOT TAKE MATTERS FURTHER. Thats unfair and unreasonable, I had to search for their address to bypass that waiver, if anyone else needs it its:
ClickMechanic Ltd
Centre House
56 Wood Lane
London
W12 7SB
Put your issue in writing to them.
Eventually the mechanic himself reimbursed £29, and I still havent had any response from ClickMechanic. They are quick enough to take your money but dont want to know when theres a problem.
Placed a booking with click mechanics for work to be done by unique motors limited and quite frankly don't use this site. Wasted a whole day waiting for the mechanic to turn up! Not a call nothing.....I called the number what was given at around 10.30am because the booking was between 8-10am and no answer after 3 calls,on the 4th call I get an answer from the mechanic and I ask when is he going to get to me as the booking window has passed,he replied he was due to be to me around 3-5pm and he was sorry for the the missed booking.so I wait until 7.30pm! Not a call from the mechanic to say he wasn't coming so I left him a message on his phone just to say ,being courteous does not cost anything and disappointed at the lack of communication. Well you may have gathered I will not be using this service again and I would advise anyone thinking of using them......DONT! You'll regret it!
The job was meant to be carried out at my home, instead the mechanic insisted on driving my car back and forth to his garage a journey of, who knows each way saying the car would be fine. In the process of replacing my clutch after a premature clutch bearing failure at 32000 miles(out of warranty), which took nearly a month to complete, as parts didn't fit apparently, and he caused a gearbox leak from the nearside driveshaft. 9 months on I have just had to pay out nearly £1,000 for the gearbox to be rebuilt after input shaft bearing failure lead to complete failure, the car is presently at 34000 miles provable with MOT certificates, Also stay away from Kia,s 7 year warranty, not worth the paper it's written on for major failures....
Booked my car in on the 29th Feb for brake repair. I paid £137 up front. The mechanic drove my car to the garage. He said it could be fixed and will return my car later. A week later I still had not returned. I was texting him wanting to know where my car was. He was saying he needed to speak to clickmechanic about other work I needed on my car ?
It’s only when I threatened them with the Motor Ombudsman they returned my car today
I will never ever use this company again. If my car needs a repair I’ll go to a garage
Appalling, the car was picked up late, and returned by the mechanic NINE AND A HALF HOURS later. The job was supposed to take 3-4 hours. no discount for the excessive delay was offered. The car came back with numerous faults that were not present when the car was booked in, some of which could have easily caused a fatal crash on departure from Merthyr Tydfil home to surrey. Chris the mechanic has lied openly throughout this process and put lives in danger. To make matters worse clickmechanic refuse to help in any meaningful way despite giving them full details of the problems i've had with the car and with the mechanic providing false details on the receipt provided.

I would avoid clickmechanic at all costs, a simple clutch replacement that was £255 turned into over £600 worth of damages to a rover 25 which was otherwise in good condition prior to the mechanic getting his hands on it.
I am sorry that I not read these reviews before booking with clickmechanic. The service is as good as the mechanic being used, however clickmechanic seems to have no procedures for vetting the mechanics they recommend, no procedures for assisting the customer, no legal responsibilities when something goes wrong, etc.

I will not describe the entire saga, but suffice to say that after paying £820 to replace a flywheel, I ended up with a car which is undrivable and a recommendation to change the whole gearbox (about £4,000!). Clickmechanic showed no interest in resolving the matter and made sure that they told me that they had no legal responsibility, it was between me and the mechanic.
Gave one star because I cant put zero.
Found ClickMechanic online, seemed great. Put my details in, postcode, car reg etc, and also the problem I had, which was a steering rack replacement. I'd had quotes off other garages but the one from C/M was more competitive than most, plus on their website it says "no hidden costs", "no added extras" and "Fixed quote". Cost was £574. So I placed my order. Car was picked up as agreed and taken to a local garage. I then got a call from the garage stating that it was going to cost in excess of £1000 and that I was going to have to pay the difference. I spoke to C/M who were not very accommodating to say the least, they tried to say that, well we don't know exactly what will be wrong or what parts will be needed until they look at your car !! Excuse me,, but you gave me a fixed quote with no hidden or extra charges, now you are telling me I have to pay another £500+?? A number of phone calls later and absolutely talking to a brick wall it was evident that C/M were washing their hands of this and asked if they could put the old steering rack back in and give it me back to go elsewhere. I mentioned that in the terms and conditions it states that when a job is agreed to be taken on, at that point it is a binding contract. C/M said, yes that's between you and the garage and nothing to do with us !! My contract is with C/M, it is C/M that deal with the garage, not me. They also referred me to another point in the T's and C's which in a round about way states "we Click Mechanic do not have to abide by our T's and C's if we come across unforeseen issues, but the customer, me, does". (Not exact words but you get the gist). I had to leave my car with the garage and have them fix my car privately without using C/M which was cheaper but still more than the quote.
Lastly, whilst I was talking to C/M on the phone, I was logged on to their website and I put my car details in again, this time the quote was £427,,, how can that be???
No I will not use these incompetent, uncaring people again and I will make sure none of my family or friends use them either.
Absolutely awful service.