Comfort Works Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read Comfort Works Reviews

About Comfort Works:

We're a small Australian company specialising in the creation of beautiful handmade sofa covers, we aim to rejuvenate all the world's old & tired couches.

+613 9015 9789

Comfort Works 5 star review on 12th October 2020
Veronique Tran
Comfort Works 5 star review on 10th October 2020
Christopher
The service is great and the sofa cover looks well made. I loved the fabric options and am happy with the fabric I selected. The seam near the back on the sofa arm didn't fit as snug as the other angles, but I put a throw pillow there anyway and it's not anything people would notice if they weren't looking.
Good communication, speedy dispatch of fabric swatches and then of our order. Very satisfactory product.
The cover fits good and i really like it!
Good service and communication, nice and friendly. It fits really good and the all the sewing and the zips etc. are well done. The green colour is also nice and like in the pics. Would be perfect if the material would be thicker, more like real velvet.
The covers I ordered were perfectly sized, excellently constructed and overall, I was really satisfied.
The expedition and delivery was seamless and efficient.
Il lavoro è abbastanza preciso. Eccellente la comunicazione con il cliente
Ordered the white leather cover for my ikea manstad sofa. The product looks great, but the hiccups and issues with the delivery caused both by customer service and by DHL in Germany were many.... The company refunded a percentage of the cost to offset the errors
caused by themselves. Despite the hassles and issues, the finished product looks great (though the actual sofa cover cost more than the original sofa did!!!). However, for that price, there is no other way to get a beautiful white leather sofa!!
Comfort Works 4 star review on 26th August 2017
The customer service was very good with quick responses to any questions, constant updates on the delivery status and very quick turn around times from the order until receipt.

The product fits well, the zips seem a bit stiff and will need time to see how the material wears.
Great quality and custom fit for my Kramfors sofa. I just wish this sofa cover would have straps at the bottom instead of having to buy a fabric staple to get that fitted look on the bottom edges. Plus it didn't arrive in that fabric comfort works bag as mentioned on their website, just a regular ziplock bag. All in all I'm still a satisfied customer.
The product is perfect...color and leather is the same as the original. We had some troubles with the delivery, but they found a solution.
I'd ideally like to give Comfort Works 3.5 out of 5, but I'm giving it 4 because their customer service is quite good and I really like the look of the covers I bought for my Ikea Friheten sofa.

The problems were with the assembly.

First off, the covers should come with detailed instructions and should include all the tools necessary.

Second, a lot of the pieces only have Velcro but actually need to be stapled or screwed in.

Once I remove the covers, I will likely not be able to use them again or alternate between my original covers and these new ones, as these will have been ruined from screws or my own staples.

So, as much as I like the final look of the covers, I'm not sure they're worth the hefty price tag given the assembly is not made easy or actually made perfectly to fit the couch.

I also had an issue with delivery and timing - I placed my order about a month before Christmas, but because they didn't have the right fabric, I didn't receive it until mid January - so maybe that also tainted my experience.

All that being said, the couch now looks great.
The sofa covers form Comfort Works gave our IKEA sofa a new lease of life. It looks good again and we do not need to be embarrassed when friends come over for dinner :-).
These guys know how to do marketing. Personally for me the complimentary cushion covers were not needed and seem against the whole concept of sustainable consumption (as I will not use them). Also I did not receive a reply to my question by email. Finally I would not advise the fabric I chose as it really attracts dust and fluff. But the fitting is perfect and looks like high quality manufacturing!
From order to delivery (from the other side of the world) took less than half the 4 weeks stated so was very fast and efficient. The item I ordered is of very high quality. Only reason it's not 5/5 on this review is that the colour doesn't seem to be the exact shade I ordered, but is similar enough for me to like it!
Love my blue velvet slipcover but it is a little large in the cushion covers- any suggestions?
Hey Mary,

Really sorry to hear that it's a little large, could you drop us an email at info@comfortworks.com.au and we'll sort this out for you?

Thanks, and speak soon!
Chris
After living with my Ikea Hovas Sofa for almost 4 years, I needed a change. At the time I bought this sofa, there were very few colors to choose from, so I went with chocolate brown and was never truly too happy with the color. But, the sofa was always the perfect size and comfort. When I knew I had to change the slipcover, I got very nervous to see that Ikea no longer makes the Hovas sofa or the slipcovers for it...because I just could not part with this sofa, still being in excellent condition. So..I stumbled across Comfort Works, looked at photos, and read reviews. I decided to order some swatches/samples and chose the Kino Charcoal. I got the slipcover today and was extremely pleased with the quality and feel of the fabric. The color tends to pick up a bluish tint...which I did not really notice in the swatch/sample. My living room now feels lighter and fresh! Overall, extremely happy, but just wish the slipcover was more like the photo on their website which definitely looks more like a charcoal color than blue/gray. Check out my before and after photos. There is obviously no doubt, that if you are wanting to keep your Ikea couch and needing to replace the slipcover...Comfort Works is the place to use!! I do highly recommend them. Cannot beat the price!!
I bought a Manstad Regular Fit in Nomad Red in mid September 2014. I am very happy with the purchase -- this cover turned a sofa that I basically needed to get rid of into almost like-new, at a price that was half of buying a new one. I eventually got the Loose Fit model at no extra cost because of some delays in the fabric batch, but installing it was also really quick and easy nevertheless. Took me about an hour overall - 10 minutes to put the cover on, the rest of it for dismantling the sofa and putting it back together. Their service was really good too.

The cons - it takes a while to get it and it's really a "Loose Fit" - it's not air tight and you do get some wrinkles.

Overall - good value for money.
Comfort Works 4 star review on 11th October 2016
The slipcover I purchased (Grey 'Nomad' for the Ikea Beddinge) is holding up well and still looks good.

I'm also very pleased by the level of customer service shown by your company. The timely e-mails and follow-ups I received will go a long way.

However I would suggest that you expand your options of fabrics.

Keep up the good work.
Our newly-purchased black IKEA Lugnvik sofa-bed had collected stains and faded over just a few months. Thanks to Comfort Works' customized slipcover and attention to detail, our sofa has gotten a new life! The slipcover looks great & fits pretty well, considering no one else makes covers for the Lugnvik. I will happily recommend Comfort Works to friends & family. Great customer service too.
Usha