Comfort Works Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read Comfort Works Reviews

About Comfort Works:

We're a small Australian company specialising in the creation of beautiful handmade sofa covers, we aim to rejuvenate all the world's old & tired couches.

+613 9015 9789

Comfort Works 5 star review on 25th June 2020
Fran
Comfort Works 5 star review on 25th June 2020
More Photos & Videos
Reading reviews to gain knowledge about company and their product before I place and order. Ning's response to Barb P solidified my decision to not do business with this company. Terrible customer service , based on poor business model, to ask customer to follow up and attempt to remedy the company's error or perceived error. Customer s not interested in challenging your job is. Proper action is to apologize to customer, expedite
tailoring and free shipping of new covers, then deep dive in attempt to find root cause of issue. Business 101.
Hey Julia, thanks for the feedback. If you'd like to know, we did indeed take "Proper action is to apologize to the customer". We did apologize and responded to her every email in a timely manner, explaining why the covers were made they way they were (it was not a mistake on our end, more of miscommunication of measurements) and provided her with resolutions she can opt for. We did not "..expedite tailoring and free shipping of new covers" simply because we don't believe in using free replacements to shut customers up and close the case. We rather "..deep dive in an attempt to find the root cause of issue" which is why the email exchange has to happen between Barb and me to iron out the miscommunications of measurements so we know what is wrong, where we can find a solution and how we can fix it. At the end of the day, Barb's issue was resolved and she is very happy with her couch covers. She sent in a thankful message and we can't wait to help her recover her Pottery Barn sofas again next time around. We sure hope we get a chance to recover yours too. Because here in Comfort Works, we tend to each customer's order with care and heart, not just a business that replaces and refund whenever something goes wrong, our end goal is to get working covers to customers and allow them to understand why certain issues happen. I hope this is understandable. Have a great weekend! Ning from Comfort Works. :)
Very poorly manufacturered. They charged me extra for a "snug fit" and then didn't send a way to attach it to the couch. The cover for the ottoman was not manufactured correctly so I can't use the storage compartment anymore. The covers for the back cushions do not fit. I emailed them my concerns and was advised that I could return paying for shipping internationally and $250 even though it took them 4 months to ship when their website lists 2-3 weeks and the cover was so poorly made. Please do not go into business with this company they are extremely dishonest.
Hello Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out. We are super bummed that we've let you down and made this experience such a sour one. We’re usually known for our exceptional customer service and we regret that we didn’t live up to those expectations with your order.

I believe that one of our team members, Omar, is currently in talks with you to remedy the Crate and Barrel Lounge II slipcovers. Thank you for allowing us to make good of the situation. I sure hope the resolution comes swiftly and we can earn back your trust as a customer.

Stay safe and healthy! :)
Ning from Comfort Works
I received my PB sofa and chair covers and they are beautiful! They are well made and fit perfect.
With that said, I will NOT recommend Comfort Works to family and friends and here’s why:
As I stated the covers were well made, however, one cushion cover had the zipper in the wrong location. I wasn’t concerned, as I assumed I would get a replacement cover after I informed your customer service team. After going back and forth with one of you customer service reps (Ning), I now know otherwise!!

She is telling me that the problem was caused by wrong measurements. She said the zipper placement should be in location B on the custom measuring diagram. I informed her that it is C on my PB sofa and chair. She insists it should be B. If that is the case, then three of my four cushions would have wrong zipper placement and they do NOT! The measurements have nothing to do with zipper placement in this case! Nowhere on the Custom Measuring Diagram does it mention to identify zipper placement!!

I am NOT paying for a replacement cover, as this mistake was not due to mis-measurements!

Thank you.
Barb
Hello Barb, I understand your frustration with this matter. Making slipcovers from scratch is not an easy thing for sure and that is why we do follow the PDF measurements to the dot to ensure we ship out covers that fit.

The placement of the zipper is at B (attached image - the same one we used in the PDF sent to you) and the covers were made using all the measurements provided, confirmed by yourself. This would mean that we produced the covers to your instructions. The zipper not fitting is indeed bizarre.

With that said, without exploring other ways to try to figure out how we can fix the zipper issue and just warrant you a free replacement is not something I could have done. I am sorry - that's just the company policy. We'd like to try to figure out what went wrong before just giving out free replacements. I hope this is understandable. However, you did ask for replacements from the get-go, hence I had to charge you because we have not tried the other solutions on the table.

My colleague, Rashi, who is in the same timezone as you are, tried to give you a call a couple of times but went to voicemail. I have since then followed up with an email with several other resolutions we can try to do before we dive deeper and see how to get fitting covers to you. We will need to begin from the top and see which cushion is the one the covers belong to - the sofa or the armchair, and then move from there. Perhaps we can give that a try? :)

Warm Regards,
Ning
The quality is very good but my two couch cushions have zippers sewn on the wrong side and I am being blamed for my measurements and having to pay for the replacements as well as waiting months for these covers that I ordered in December. I will never use your company again.
Hello Melissa,

My name is Ning and although we have never touched points before, I was privy to all the email conversations you have had with Samantha (making the order and finalizing the measurements) as well as Melvyn (your feedback issues with the zippers).

I would firstly like to thank you for taking that leap of faith to buy slipcovers from us knowing you will have to do the measuring on your own, and then another thank you for all the measuring and remeasuring to get it right. I am glad the covers turned out great! From the photo you sent in, the frame fits well and the cushions look great. The only sore sight are the zipper placements - they are indeed not at the right place.

After checking on the final draft of the measurements you provided Samantha, the very same one she sent to our seamstresses - unfortunately, you have given us the measurements with one tiny little error. You accidentally swapped B (where the zipper is supposed to be) with C (the depth of the cushion).

But here's the thing, we are the sofa slipcover experts and I do agree with you that these little details should be checked by us. We missed this check, totally relying on your measurements and hence, this little kerfuffle happened. We are only human, me and you, and these human errors happen sometimes. :)

At the end of the day, we'd love for you to get working covers (and aesthetically pleasing ones too) for your sofa. Would it be possible for you to continue to speak to Melvyn and work hand in hand to rectify our mistakes together? He is working on getting a better resolution for the cushions.

Thanks for your time Melissa, I look forward to seeing a perfect set of covers for both your Pottery Barn sofa and loveseat.

Cheers!
Ning from Comfort Works.
They don't fit! One side is short and the other long.
Hey Fred! Sorry to hear about those issues and thanks for bringing this to our attention; we're only human and do make mistakes from time to time so let's figure out the best way to resolve this together. I see that you have sent a couple of emails into us last night and will get to them the soonest possible after reviewing your photos.
Potential buyer beware. Worst Non existent after sales service. in summary, different colour shade received and covers don’t fit properly. Emailed Comfortworks on day of receipt of cover. After 1 week now with 5 emails, no replies at all! Not a single bit of assistance to the very least. Will update review should I (ever) receive any reply from them.
Hello Kelly!

Firstly, I am sorry that the reply to this review came in so late. We got you looked after via email (with Samantha assisting you) and hope that the replacements for the covers are acceptable. Sam is still waiting on those measurements of the cushion covers since about 8 days ago - can I trouble you to give her email a look?

I'd like to apologize and address the fact that you sent 5 emails on a Friday the 6th of March and we only got back to you on the following Friday the 13th. That is completely our fault and you have every right to feel upset. We dropped the ball and we are so bummed out we let you down. We will do better and ensure that this issue is properly addressed in a timely manner.

At the end of the day, we just want you to have beautiful slipcovers for your Kivik. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know about all these feedback. It will only make us serve you better next time.

Cheers!
Ning :)
People, careful before you order. I ordered a cover for an Ektorp sofa. Little did I know that there are two Ektorp models--the one with the Kimstad brown faux leather is constructed differently from all others, but still called Ektorp. I ordered an Ektorp cover and wasn't warned that my model was different and the cover wouldn't work. So I got the cover $400+ later, and it doesn't fit. Comfort Works basically told me to sell it online and try to get some money back, or send it back to them at my cost to get 70% of the cost back. (Sending it to Australia at my cost would be like $200.) Don't believe their offer of a full refund--there is no such thing. I am stuck with a cover that doesn't work and they aren't offering a solution. So beware!
Hi Ivy, thanks for your candid feedback and sorry that you should feel this way. I've taken a look at your case and as per our policy, we did in fact provide the option of a replacement at a sizeable discount of 40% even to make this right. I'm afraid we aren't able to make a free replacement for you as no mistake was made on our part, similarly as to why we have to charge a 30% restocking fee if you wish to return it. We'd like to think that we've provided various alternatives to resolve this but we really aren't able to give you one in which we bear a 100% of the costs. I sincerely hope you'd reconsider as we do want to make sure a slipcover fits over your sofa at the end of the day.

Best regards,
Chuck
I DO NOT recommend ordering from this company.
Covers do not fit my Ikea sofas.
Cushion covers not the correct measurements.
Customer service very unhelpful.
Will not refund.
Satisfaction guarantee is totally misleading.
A very professional Australian website.. but sent direct from room number in China.
Taken it up with my credit card company.
Hello Tara,

Thank you for the feedback. Our return shipping address that was provided to you is to one of our logistics arm in China - Comfort Works is indeed a Melbourne based company so all legalities are Australian rooted. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't love your new sofa covers. They were for an IKEA Tylosand sectional that had many parts. Although our best efforts in trying to determine the fit issues, we could not come to a middle ground. We do understand putting the covers on again to get measurements for our offered replacement covers is quite tiring, especially for one person to do it alone.

We completely understand and respect your decision for leaving your view on this unfortunate situation.

If you're still on the search for the right slipcover for you, let me know. I'd be happy to talk you through some of our other options and see if any of them feel like a good fit for you. In the meantime, thank you for your time and for giving us a try.

We hope you are able to find alternative solutions for your beloved sofa!
Do NOT recommend: Comfort Works Ikea sleeper Vallentuna cover does NOT match the original and makes your sleeper useless. As you can see from the photos attached (CW in photo title is their cover), the original Vallentuna sleeper cover is attached to the frame/base cover on the module which secures the mattress to the base, prevents it from moving while you're sleeping and covers the corner where the wooden slates would be otherwise visible. On the Ikea video screenshot you can see the other type of original cover which completely covers the base/frame cover and has velcro on top of it to which you secure the mattress cover (we've marked on the Ikea photos).

The Comfort Works cover has neither. It falsely claims it's one piece while the mattress cover is completely detached from the base (see photos), has no option to secure the mattress to the base, the mattress is then tossed directly on the wooden slates, it moves and obviously is not to be placed on them directly. It also exposes the wooden slates at the corners as there is noting to cover them.

Despite exchanges of all these photos, this company has continued to claim they do not understand what we're talking about although even on the IKEA video *they sent* it's obvious that the base cover has a top piece and velcro (ours is the other option but either way the mattress lies on this fabric and is secured to it) and has not offered a replacement or refund or anything.

We do NOT recommend ordering from this company if you are using your Vallentuna sleeper as it was intended to be used. We'll be proceeding to the Canadian Consumer Bureau and since they claim Australian website, to the Australian one as well.
My slipcover does not even come close to fitting. Frustrating experience. I have emailed twice with photos and no response. I can’t find a customer service number to call. I just want to return and get a refund. Should be simple!
Hey there Lindsay, sorry for the late reply - I believe we've already replied to you about 6 days ago regarding this. As per our discussion, we've concluded that you had unfortunately purchased the Gronlid 3 seater sofa covers for your Gronlid sofa bed sofa, which is why it doesn't fit since the dimensions and make are completely different.

Nevertheless, we're able to proceed with the return and refund (less restocking fee) -- currently we're just awaiting the tracking number from you in order to get this moving along quickly.

Hope to hear back from you soon!
Ordering the samples was ok
took forever to show up in the US - OK fine (like 3 4 weeks)

used their weird order sheet
ordered paid never heard back
3 weeks later got an email form an Omar (who according to google is in the philippines and a online assistant for the company) asking how my measurements were gong ??

What the What ?? emailed him back with the email with the order asked what the status was of order
NOTHING
Sent 2 help desk tickets to Comfort Works for clarification
NOTHING

who runs a business like this --- I have the email trail this is not some dope trying to bad mouth the business

I mean damn - I just wanted a slip cover and at over $600 I can just go buy a new coach ffs
Hello Ms Turner, thanks for your candid feedback and review. To start, we do apologise for the delay with the samples and if it felt like everything went downhill from there.

When it comes to having slipcovers made-to-measure, it is a process which does require back and forth communications between our agent and yourself in order to create beautiful slipcovers out of the measurements of your sofa. I'm not exactly sure what our agent's location has got to do with anything, but he was doing what he could in terms of the above. I understand that you may have missed his replies to double check certain measurements but that's essentially the current status as of now.

Only when we've confirmed all the measurements make proportional sense to us and our seamstress, then are we able to proceed with production. We're flattered that you think that one set of measurements sent to us is sufficient to make a set of slipcovers but the reality is that making slipcovers is far more complicated than that.

All in all I do understand you're trying to get a slipcover and we're sincerely sorry for not meeting your expectations.

As you're more aware of what this process entails now, and if you truly feel that you'd rather buy a new couch instead that is completely okay -- and we can arrange to cancel and refund your order altogether, just let us know.

Speak soon,
Chuck
I ordered samples almost a month ago! Why is it taking so long for samples to arrive? They are still not even in the country!
Samples shouldn't take long that long to arrive - could you kindly send over your Order number so we can check its status and see how we can expedite it?

Speak soon,
Chuck
Compré unas fundas para mi sofá a través de la página web de Comfort Works. 2 semanas después recibía una llamada de FEDEX España para avisarme que mi pedido había llegado a sus oficinas de Barcelona y que para poder recibirlo a casa necesitaba que les pasase por e-mail una captura de pantalla de los movimientos de mi tarjeta de crédito donde aparecía la operación bancaria de Comfort Works. Y yo como un tonto se la envié. Tras recibirla me informaron que para poder recibir el producto necesitaba pagar 172 euros de aranceles de aduana. Obviamente me puse en seguida en contacto con Comfort Works para quejarme y decirles que me negaba a pagar esos 172 euros y que iba a pedir a FEDEX que les enviara de vuelta el paquete. No sé qué trámite hizo Comfort Works pero un empleado de FEDEX me trajo el paquete a casa y no tuve que pagar nada. Cabe destacar que antes había recibido un mail de Comfort Works (de un tal Alejo) que decía claramente que Comfort Works se iba a hacer cargo de los aranceles de aduana. Y ayer recibí un correo de FEDEX para informarme que tengo una deuda de 172 euros y que la van a transferir a su agencia de cobros para comenzar el proceso legal (lo cual incurrirá en gastos adicionales). Estoy muy enfadado y por supuesto no recomiendo para nada comprar lo que sea en la página web de Comfort Works
Horrible customer service. Covers don’t fix my couch. $1,700 later and I have to pay more money to get correct covers made when it wasn’t my fault. Not happy! And will not recommend to anyone very disappointed as this was a lot of money.
Hey there! Sorry to hear that - could you kindly let us know what your order number is and we'll contact you from there to get this fixed for you?

Thanks and speak soon!
Covers were ordered and received within 4 days. Customer service was excellent as long as it was about making the order.
The covers came and don't fit at all, the replacement legs are wobbly and unstable. It took 6 emails, 1 online chat and one attempt to contact them via their website to get a reply out of them. The customer is obviously not as important anymore once they have your money.
They now say that our sofa must be a different size (it's a standard IKEA Karlstad) and want us to send them the correct measurements. Not what we had in mind when spending over $1,500 AUD.
Bite the bullet and buy new couches, I will never deal with them again wouldn't recommend them either.
I’m having a terrible time trying to contact Comfort Works for the wrong product color.
Every time I try to text it bounces back. I tried calling the number provided I can’t get an answer
Please share how to contact this company
I am in Massachusetts US
Hey Diane,

I believe one of our representatives managed to get in touch with you over the weekend, which is when we typically don't work on.

I understand that one of the items was wrongly ordered unfortunately, and you'd like to get the correct item in Shire Sand (not Nomad Sand).

On our side, it actually doesn't make sense for you to even return the product so what we can do is charge a token price for the footstool cover (in Shire Sand) instead. I'll have Omar contact you directly to work this out with you.

Speak soon!
Chuck
They are perfectionist, which could be nice if both parties are on the same page. However, for consumers who work like to get slipcovers for their couch / bed / whatever, who doesn't have great access to take the meticulously precise measurements they make you to take, then I would not recommend it.

I was chatting with Omar to get a slipcover for my sectional, I repeated over and over to him that I do not require a form fitting cover, but rather, a cover that covers my sectional. I provided make and model, and generic measurements to him, and he would not take it.

It's not the best experience if you have furniture in storage, and would like to make purchase prior to moving your stuff.
Hey there, thanks for your feedback and by the sounds of it - you're right, both party's expectations could have been set better.

For now, our speciality is in making form-fitting slipcovers which does require detailed measurements than the general overall ones provided by the website. It is actually quite incorrect to believe that these measurements are sufficient in making a slipcover - be it super loose or super snug.

On our side, we should have recommended you to go with ready-made, universal (stretchy) slipcovers from other companies as that sounds like what you're after. You will need to know the width, depth and overall height and generally these are also more economic in terms of cost.

We're truly sorry that we didn't communicate better in terms of a solution, but I hope the above gives you a better idea of where to go. Should you have any further questions feel free to message me directly at chuck [at] comfortworks.com.au

Best wishes,
Chuck
I ordered a Sofa Cover that did NOT match photos one the website !! I asked them to return the sofa cover, they did not accept and only refunded 70% of the sofa cover. My worst ecommerce experience.
Hi Julien, we are so sorry that you feel this way about the loose-fit set of covers that you'd placed an order for. The images on our website are 3D images of approximately what the covers will look like.

We did reach out for some basic measurements to see where the issue may be but unfortunately, we did not receive them. In such cases, the best that we can assist with is a 70% refund without having to return the covers to us, at your request, which is after a less of a fabric restocking fee of 30%.

This is because our products are made to order and hence, the covers are unusable when returned in an event of a refund. We are so sorry that we could not assist you better with this issue.

Do reach out to us if you need further help. :)
The fabric is cheap, scratchy and not the same as the fabric samples. The fit is poor with the seat covers too loose and ill fitting. Retailoring will not result in satisfactory result. Pretends to be Australian - product made in China. Value noted on label was $75 for two covers. That would be about right for the quality of the product.
Hey Andrea,

Really sorry about your final experience - we did offer the $75 alteration credit (to which you accepted) and awaited your response to provide a reimbursement or at least continue the conversation - the last you spoke to Sarah, was that we were going to price match the alteration instead of just the US$75.

We'd like to think that we're a reasonable company that tries its best to resolve any customer issues and if you'd like to re-open this conversation, kindly reply to Sarah's last email and we can proceed from there.

Should you decide that we're not the company for you - that's completely fine too, and we hope that you manage to resolve your slipcover woes nonetheless, be it via a competitor or a local proprietor.

Yours sincerely,
Chuck
Product is ill fitting & the fabric is cheap. Far too pricey for what you get. Extremely disappointing.
Hi Kristen
Sorry to hear that our product didn't meet your standards. We'll be in touch by email shortly to address the issues you've raised, and thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.
Comfort Works is rated 4.85 based on 1,914 reviews