Comfort Works Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read Comfort Works Reviews

About Comfort Works:

We're a small Australian company specialising in the creation of beautiful handmade sofa covers, we aim to rejuvenate all the world's old & tired couches.

+613 9015 9789

Comfort Works 5 star review on 14th October 2020
Donna
Comfort Works 5 star review on 12th October 2020
Veronique Tran
I have been trying to exchange my slipcover for another size as the one I received is too small. The customer service has been very unsatisfactory so far. I understand it’s hard to communicate with Australia when I’m in America, but I would not recommend this company due the lack of customer service.
Hey Jennifer! I am so sorry to hear about this. We always pride ourselves for above and beyond customer service so this just bums us out horribly. I have personally reached out to you via email to see what happened and hope that we can work this out together so you'll have a beautiful fitting slipcover for your chair. x Ning from Comfort Works
After sitting on the new covers for just one night watching TV, the fabric expanded. Totally stretched out with very unattractive folds of fabric throughout
Comfort Works 1 star review on 25th September 2020
Hey Luis! Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear that the fabric somehow expanded - it isn't very usual but if it did, could you kindly get back to us via email as to which part of covers expanded? Hope to hear from you soon!
I’ve contacted the company twice with no respond. I waited over a month for my IKEA slip covers just to have them arrive to small. Super annoyed and disappointed. Don’t order from this company.
Hey Leana! I am terribly sorry for the radio silence. It seems like you are in talks with Melvyn to sort things out for the Harry chair covers. Thanks for giving us a chance to fix the fit issue and see how we can get beautiful fitting covers sent to you ASAP. x Ning from Comfort Works
I was so disappointed. The slipcover did not fit the chair. The part for the seat cushion was perfect. I could not get it to fit over the wings at all. I really tried. I mailed it back to you. Any ideas?
Sorry to hear that - could you kindly send photos of the covers not fitting over your sofa? Slipcover products should also not be sent back to us without a verified confirmation from one of us, as our return address is not the same as per our sales office. Hope you get back to us soon at info@comfortworks.com.au !
WARNING: The cover for the Ikea Varnamo couch doesn't fit my Ikea Varnamo couch. Guess what? They're making me pay shipping to return it! Even after talking all summer and triple-checking the measurements (which, let me tell you, was a rewarding way to spend my free time...) You can see by my photos -- I actually DO have an Ikea Varnamo sofa. The base cover sent doesn't fit over the couch. The seat cushion covers sent are the wrong size and so leave a gap between the two cushions. And the back cushion covers sent aren't even the same shape as the original. I would not recommend ordering a cover from ComfortWorks.
Comfort Works 1 star review on 19th August 2020
Hi Shana. So sorry to hear that our return shipping policies did not meet your expectations. We've already reached out to you before this to let you know that we can make you a set of replacement slipcovers (for both the sofa frame and cushions) based on the measurements that you've sent to us. This solution would not have required you to return the covers to us at all.

We do sincerely appreciate you for working with us to get the measurements of your actual sofa. The time spent was necessary to ensure that the replacement covers would be the best fit for your (rather unique) version of the discontinued IKEA Varnamo sofa. We'd love if you'd consider accepting the replacements from us instead of going through the hassle of returning them to us. Hope this explains things!

Melvyn from Comfort Works. :)
I ordered my first two sofa covers in early March. The initially came quickly but were too small. I was never asked for measurements, and my sofas are two standard square arm comfort Pottery Barn couches. After taking dozens of pictures to show they were too small (and getting the impression they thought I was misrepresenting something) I was asked to provide measurements. After much back and forth, I was told the new covers would be made (and that if I wanted to change fabric since the fabric was much lighter than anticipated it would be a 30% up charge (in addition to the $1600 I already paid). It has been over 2 months. The customer sevice representative is only partially responsive, often times with huge delays before I even hear back. And, the answer, they are too busy to make my replacement covers--but presumably they will get to them whenever the mood strikes. Unfortunately, I ordered these as my summer covers and at this point it's practically too late for summer covers. I'd switch to a winter fabric but see above where they will charge me in excess of $500 to switch fabrics. Would NOT recommend.
Hey Kerstin, thanks for your feedback and we're deeply sorry for your unsatisfactory experience. I'll be looking into this case myself and will be in touch via email with you shortly to hopefully reach an amicable conclusion.

Speak soon,
Chuck
Terrible product and service.

Having had my slip-covers for just 3 months they have faded badly to the point that I need new covers. They had not yet been laundered, nor had they been positioned in direct sunlight. I also live in UK which is not exactly the sunniest place in the world. Response from Comfort Works was that fading is not covered by the warranty and that I should not have placed in a room with even indirect sunlight (what room does't have windows?). This is despite no warnings being present on the website regarding the positioning of furniture, and several photos on the website misleadingly showing furniture in sunlit rooms. Appalling way to treat a customer who spent about £1000. To add insult to injury they offered a discount if I wanted to buy some more covers, why would I do that?? The product was not fit for purpose, the response showed no accountability for an inferior product.
Comfort Works 1 star review on 10th August 2020 Comfort Works 1 star review on 10th August 2020
Thanks for your feedback Jamie, and we're deeply sorry that you feel this way. Unfortunately all fabrics on a molecular level will get damaged by UV (from sunlight) over time, and natural fabrics such as cotton will have face the most adverse effects under light exposure. Albeit not the sunniest place in the world, we can imagine that over the last 3 months of summer this is when UV radiation would have been the most harsh. You can read more about the prevention of sofa fabric fading here: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/3637365/does-the-sunlight-really-fade-furniture

We understand nevertheless that we could try our best to inform people a bit more and will continue to do so as much as possible, as not everyone is aware how damaging sunlight can be. This is also why we offered a discount to get replacements in a different fabric altogether - one that's synthetic and less dark so the fade doesn't happen as quickly nor wouldn't be as obvious.

However, should that not be an option then we're once again sorry that we could not fully resolve your slipcover woes - as much as we'd like to replace your covers under warranty, this is neither a manufacturing defect nor an issue stemmed from natural wear and tear which we're able to cover for.

Best regards,
Chuck
Consulted with a representative prior to making my order to ensure my cover would be the correct fit. I ordered a exactly what was advised. Low and behold, my cover arrives and does not fit and there is a major issue with the design. When I brought this issue to the company’s attention, I was told that I would have to pay for a new cover to be made- no discount offered and no apology. I expressed that I felt this was unfair since I ordered exactly what they told me to order with assurance that it would fit by sectional. It’s been a week and I haven’t received further contact from the company. I’m left with a $500+ cover that does not fit. I would never pay additional money to have a new cover made since I don’t have the confidence that it would be correct and I would be out of even more money.
Hey Sarah, thanks for your feedback and sorry about the negative experience - it doesn't sound like us to not be able to resolve an issue like this, I've taken a look at your case and agree that we've missed the mark here.

I'll be in contact with you shortly and hopefully we'd be able to work towards and amicable solution. Once again - we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Take care and speak soon,
Chuck
I seriously never had such bad customer service.
The covers came too big. The quality is a huge rip off compared to the prize we paid.
They simply don’t look good as they’re too big and after only a couple of weeks time I’m super unhappy that the material is already peeling.
We were wanting to change the covers to another one which even meant a higher prize change for us but they didn’t let us unless we would pay a 30% fee and take care of shipping cost to give back a bad quality product. Worst service I’ve ever experienced!
Hey Sarah! Thanks for giving us another shot in remedying the issues. Chuck and yourself have been communicating to get this fixed and we sure hope the new Friheten slipcovers will be 100% better! :) Stay healthy and happy, Ning from Comfort Works.
The slip cover does not fit the fusion well and has a terrible smell. Not using it.
Hey Kelsey,

Thanks for your feedback and we're sorry if we might have fallen short on the mark - any chance you could send wide view photos of the covers not fitting the sofa? We'd like to be able to help you fix this up!

With the smell, typically the vegan leather would require a week or two to be aired our as it's been stuck in the box for a good week - and it should be odourless after.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Chuck
Very poorly manufacturered. They charged me extra for a "snug fit" and then didn't send a way to attach it to the couch. The cover for the ottoman was not manufactured correctly so I can't use the storage compartment anymore. The covers for the back cushions do not fit. I emailed them my concerns and was advised that I could return paying for shipping internationally and $250 even though it took them 4 months to ship when their website lists 2-3 weeks and the cover was so poorly made. Please do not go into business with this company they are extremely dishonest.
Hello Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out. We are super bummed that we've let you down and made this experience such a sour one. We’re usually known for our exceptional customer service and we regret that we didn’t live up to those expectations with your order.

I believe that one of our team members, Omar, is currently in talks with you to remedy the Crate and Barrel Lounge II slipcovers. Thank you for allowing us to make good of the situation. I sure hope the resolution comes swiftly and we can earn back your trust as a customer.

Stay safe and healthy! :)
Ning from Comfort Works
I received my PB sofa and chair covers and they are beautiful! They are well made and fit perfect.
With that said, I will NOT recommend Comfort Works to family and friends and here’s why:
As I stated the covers were well made, however, one cushion cover had the zipper in the wrong location. I wasn’t concerned, as I assumed I would get a replacement cover after I informed your customer service team. After going back and forth with one of you customer service reps (Ning), I now know otherwise!!

She is telling me that the problem was caused by wrong measurements. She said the zipper placement should be in location B on the custom measuring diagram. I informed her that it is C on my PB sofa and chair. She insists it should be B. If that is the case, then three of my four cushions would have wrong zipper placement and they do NOT! The measurements have nothing to do with zipper placement in this case! Nowhere on the Custom Measuring Diagram does it mention to identify zipper placement!!

I am NOT paying for a replacement cover, as this mistake was not due to mis-measurements!

Thank you.
Barb
Hello Barb, I understand your frustration with this matter. Making slipcovers from scratch is not an easy thing for sure and that is why we do follow the PDF measurements to the dot to ensure we ship out covers that fit.

The placement of the zipper is at B (attached image - the same one we used in the PDF sent to you) and the covers were made using all the measurements provided, confirmed by yourself. This would mean that we produced the covers to your instructions. The zipper not fitting is indeed bizarre.

With that said, without exploring other ways to try to figure out how we can fix the zipper issue and just warrant you a free replacement is not something I could have done. I am sorry - that's just the company policy. We'd like to try to figure out what went wrong before just giving out free replacements. I hope this is understandable. However, you did ask for replacements from the get-go, hence I had to charge you because we have not tried the other solutions on the table.

My colleague, Rashi, who is in the same timezone as you are, tried to give you a call a couple of times but went to voicemail. I have since then followed up with an email with several other resolutions we can try to do before we dive deeper and see how to get fitting covers to you. We will need to begin from the top and see which cushion is the one the covers belong to - the sofa or the armchair, and then move from there. Perhaps we can give that a try? :)

Warm Regards,
Ning
The quality is very good but my two couch cushions have zippers sewn on the wrong side and I am being blamed for my measurements and having to pay for the replacements as well as waiting months for these covers that I ordered in December. I will never use your company again.
Hello Melissa,

My name is Ning and although we have never touched points before, I was privy to all the email conversations you have had with Samantha (making the order and finalizing the measurements) as well as Melvyn (your feedback issues with the zippers).

I would firstly like to thank you for taking that leap of faith to buy slipcovers from us knowing you will have to do the measuring on your own, and then another thank you for all the measuring and remeasuring to get it right. I am glad the covers turned out great! From the photo you sent in, the frame fits well and the cushions look great. The only sore sight are the zipper placements - they are indeed not at the right place.

After checking on the final draft of the measurements you provided Samantha, the very same one she sent to our seamstresses - unfortunately, you have given us the measurements with one tiny little error. You accidentally swapped B (where the zipper is supposed to be) with C (the depth of the cushion).

But here's the thing, we are the sofa slipcover experts and I do agree with you that these little details should be checked by us. We missed this check, totally relying on your measurements and hence, this little kerfuffle happened. We are only human, me and you, and these human errors happen sometimes. :)

At the end of the day, we'd love for you to get working covers (and aesthetically pleasing ones too) for your sofa. Would it be possible for you to continue to speak to Melvyn and work hand in hand to rectify our mistakes together? He is working on getting a better resolution for the cushions.

Thanks for your time Melissa, I look forward to seeing a perfect set of covers for both your Pottery Barn sofa and loveseat.

Cheers!
Ning from Comfort Works.
They don't fit! One side is short and the other long.
Hey Fred! Sorry to hear about those issues and thanks for bringing this to our attention; we're only human and do make mistakes from time to time so let's figure out the best way to resolve this together. I see that you have sent a couple of emails into us last night and will get to them the soonest possible after reviewing your photos.
Potential buyer beware. Worst Non existent after sales service. in summary, different colour shade received and covers don’t fit properly. Emailed Comfortworks on day of receipt of cover. After 1 week now with 5 emails, no replies at all! Not a single bit of assistance to the very least. Will update review should I (ever) receive any reply from them.
Hello Kelly!

Firstly, I am sorry that the reply to this review came in so late. We got you looked after via email (with Samantha assisting you) and hope that the replacements for the covers are acceptable. Sam is still waiting on those measurements of the cushion covers since about 8 days ago - can I trouble you to give her email a look?

I'd like to apologize and address the fact that you sent 5 emails on a Friday the 6th of March and we only got back to you on the following Friday the 13th. That is completely our fault and you have every right to feel upset. We dropped the ball and we are so bummed out we let you down. We will do better and ensure that this issue is properly addressed in a timely manner.

At the end of the day, we just want you to have beautiful slipcovers for your Kivik. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know about all these feedback. It will only make us serve you better next time.

Cheers!
Ning :)
People, careful before you order. I ordered a cover for an Ektorp sofa. Little did I know that there are two Ektorp models--the one with the Kimstad brown faux leather is constructed differently from all others, but still called Ektorp. I ordered an Ektorp cover and wasn't warned that my model was different and the cover wouldn't work. So I got the cover $400+ later, and it doesn't fit. Comfort Works basically told me to sell it online and try to get some money back, or send it back to them at my cost to get 70% of the cost back. (Sending it to Australia at my cost would be like $200.) Don't believe their offer of a full refund--there is no such thing. I am stuck with a cover that doesn't work and they aren't offering a solution. So beware!
Hi Ivy, thanks for your candid feedback and sorry that you should feel this way. I've taken a look at your case and as per our policy, we did in fact provide the option of a replacement at a sizeable discount of 40% even to make this right. I'm afraid we aren't able to make a free replacement for you as no mistake was made on our part, similarly as to why we have to charge a 30% restocking fee if you wish to return it. We'd like to think that we've provided various alternatives to resolve this but we really aren't able to give you one in which we bear a 100% of the costs. I sincerely hope you'd reconsider as we do want to make sure a slipcover fits over your sofa at the end of the day.

Best regards,
Chuck
I DO NOT recommend ordering from this company.
Covers do not fit my Ikea sofas.
Cushion covers not the correct measurements.
Customer service very unhelpful.
Will not refund.
Satisfaction guarantee is totally misleading.
A very professional Australian website.. but sent direct from room number in China.
Taken it up with my credit card company.
Hello Tara,

Thank you for the feedback. Our return shipping address that was provided to you is to one of our logistics arm in China - Comfort Works is indeed a Melbourne based company so all legalities are Australian rooted. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't love your new sofa covers. They were for an IKEA Tylosand sectional that had many parts. Although our best efforts in trying to determine the fit issues, we could not come to a middle ground. We do understand putting the covers on again to get measurements for our offered replacement covers is quite tiring, especially for one person to do it alone.

We completely understand and respect your decision for leaving your view on this unfortunate situation.

If you're still on the search for the right slipcover for you, let me know. I'd be happy to talk you through some of our other options and see if any of them feel like a good fit for you. In the meantime, thank you for your time and for giving us a try.

We hope you are able to find alternative solutions for your beloved sofa!
Do NOT recommend: Comfort Works Ikea sleeper Vallentuna cover does NOT match the original and makes your sleeper useless. As you can see from the photos attached (CW in photo title is their cover), the original Vallentuna sleeper cover is attached to the frame/base cover on the module which secures the mattress to the base, prevents it from moving while you're sleeping and covers the corner where the wooden slates would be otherwise visible. On the Ikea video screenshot you can see the other type of original cover which completely covers the base/frame cover and has velcro on top of it to which you secure the mattress cover (we've marked on the Ikea photos).

The Comfort Works cover has neither. It falsely claims it's one piece while the mattress cover is completely detached from the base (see photos), has no option to secure the mattress to the base, the mattress is then tossed directly on the wooden slates, it moves and obviously is not to be placed on them directly. It also exposes the wooden slates at the corners as there is noting to cover them.

Despite exchanges of all these photos, this company has continued to claim they do not understand what we're talking about although even on the IKEA video *they sent* it's obvious that the base cover has a top piece and velcro (ours is the other option but either way the mattress lies on this fabric and is secured to it) and has not offered a replacement or refund or anything.

We do NOT recommend ordering from this company if you are using your Vallentuna sleeper as it was intended to be used. We'll be proceeding to the Canadian Consumer Bureau and since they claim Australian website, to the Australian one as well.
My slipcover does not even come close to fitting. Frustrating experience. I have emailed twice with photos and no response. I can’t find a customer service number to call. I just want to return and get a refund. Should be simple!
Hey there Lindsay, sorry for the late reply - I believe we've already replied to you about 6 days ago regarding this. As per our discussion, we've concluded that you had unfortunately purchased the Gronlid 3 seater sofa covers for your Gronlid sofa bed sofa, which is why it doesn't fit since the dimensions and make are completely different.

Nevertheless, we're able to proceed with the return and refund (less restocking fee) -- currently we're just awaiting the tracking number from you in order to get this moving along quickly.

Hope to hear back from you soon!
Ordering the samples was ok
took forever to show up in the US - OK fine (like 3 4 weeks)

used their weird order sheet
ordered paid never heard back
3 weeks later got an email form an Omar (who according to google is in the philippines and a online assistant for the company) asking how my measurements were gong ??

What the What ?? emailed him back with the email with the order asked what the status was of order
NOTHING
Sent 2 help desk tickets to Comfort Works for clarification
NOTHING

who runs a business like this --- I have the email trail this is not some dope trying to bad mouth the business

I mean damn - I just wanted a slip cover and at over $600 I can just go buy a new coach ffs
Hello Ms Turner, thanks for your candid feedback and review. To start, we do apologise for the delay with the samples and if it felt like everything went downhill from there.

When it comes to having slipcovers made-to-measure, it is a process which does require back and forth communications between our agent and yourself in order to create beautiful slipcovers out of the measurements of your sofa. I'm not exactly sure what our agent's location has got to do with anything, but he was doing what he could in terms of the above. I understand that you may have missed his replies to double check certain measurements but that's essentially the current status as of now.

Only when we've confirmed all the measurements make proportional sense to us and our seamstress, then are we able to proceed with production. We're flattered that you think that one set of measurements sent to us is sufficient to make a set of slipcovers but the reality is that making slipcovers is far more complicated than that.

All in all I do understand you're trying to get a slipcover and we're sincerely sorry for not meeting your expectations.

As you're more aware of what this process entails now, and if you truly feel that you'd rather buy a new couch instead that is completely okay -- and we can arrange to cancel and refund your order altogether, just let us know.

Speak soon,