Comfort Works Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read Comfort Works Reviews

About Comfort Works:

We're a small Australian company specialising in the creation of beautiful handmade sofa covers, we aim to rejuvenate all the world's old & tired couches.

info@comfortworks.com.au

Comfort Works 5 star review on 9th August 2022
Jackie K
Comfort Works 5 star review on 9th August 2022
Jackie K
I usually don't write reviews, but Comfort Works is a definite exception. In all my years of online shopping, I have never come across a more miserable shopping experience. I mistakenly ordered a sofa cover for the compact IKEA Soderhamn 3 seater sofa instead of the IKEA Soderhamn 3 seater sofa, and what sucks is that the company does not offer refunds/returns whatsoever. Ok fine. I'm left with a mistake that cost me a bunch of money and I have to pay extra to get a replacement that actually fits. I explained the whole situation to customer service (I had to do all this through email because their number isn't reachable), and I somehow got paired up with the most insanely incompetent representative named Omar B. If you get this guy, good luck getting anything done. It took me a whole month of daily emails (They only respond once a day at most) just to be able to get a new cover that actually fit my couch. He told me to resell the old one online when he knows that isn't likely. I was frustrated throughout the process because it was so slow and there was no focus on the customer at all, but I still maintained a level of respectfulness throughout, until Omar starts giving me attitude? Not what you would expect from a customer service representative at all. All throughout this email chain, Omar repeatedly calculates the numbers and pricing incorrectly, leading me to have to correct him. And at the end, he still didn't include the half off (that the company policy gives for mistake orders) for my sofa legs, but it was only a $20 USD difference. And I would much rather spend that money than to have another day or who knows how long talking to this guy. The replacement came in and the fit was still loose at the base, and not as it is supposed to fit. A whole month of stress and frustration with this guy and this company. It is possible that the company itself is not so bad, but this Omar guy certainly did not paint a good image of it for me. Terrible experience overall. I would not force this upon my worst enemy.
Hi Paul, thank you for taking the time to write us a review - we are always ready to troubleshoot any and all feedback. We sincerely apologize for the confusion with the discount quoted. We've reviewed the thread of correspondences between yourself and our agent and found that our agent did not use any hostile or disrespectful language. We believe one of our senior agents, Melvyn, was in touch with you via email - we will continue to communicate from there to address the issue until we come to a resolution. Thank you.
Buyer Beware! We have a 3-section Mitchell Gold sofa and chaise. Although the picture on the Comfort Works website clearly shows three sections, we received covers that fit over two sections (and face the wrong way!). They have a no-return/no exchange policy. Response from customer service was basically "tough luck". Don't buy from them! We gave "one-star" because you can't post without some level of star rating.
Hi Frank! Thanks for the feedback, we have a no-return/no exchange policy as it doesn't quite make sense to ship covers back to us as they can't be used for anyone else. At the end of the day, we just want to deliver our promise of a brand new sofa look for you. This means we'd most likely send a replacement to you without you even needing to return the covers. To reiterate the current issue, we saw that you've bought the left-arm chaise version instead of the right-arm chaise version you needed. This explains why the covers faced the wrong way. I see that you got these covers from our Etsy store, where we did state (on the item images) that there would be 2 covers for the frame (and not 3 sections like you mentioned). It's a real bummer when this happens, but this is certainly not a manufacturing issue at our end. When we last spoke with you (on Etsy) we did offer you the alternative way to get the correct set of covers, so here's hoping you'll take us up on it and reconsider getting your sofa refurbished. -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
I purchased the performance velvet Amber fabric because I have a miniature pinscher that sleeps on the couch. It started pilling immediately I wore them an email and was told it was from my dog even though it’s specifically recommended for pets. Initially offered spare covers to try to minimize wear and tear now no response.
Such a horrible experience. The cover doesn't come close to fitting. It is sloppy and way too big, doesn't fit most of the measurements of our IKEA sofa. We are on month #2 of trying to get a refund. They have requested that we take dozens of photos and meausurements in our to "show" them how it doesn't fit. Each time we send in a new set of photos, they request another set. We are still waiting for a refund or a replacement. So very disappointing becuase I had such high hopes.
Hi Joanna, thank you for your feedback, and for taking the time to write us a review. Rest assured that it is never our intent to doubt or make customers feel like their concerns are invalid. To clarify, the photographs help us get a clear idea and understanding of the issue at hand. We believe that our customer experience agent is already in the midst of looking into this to resolve the issue. We will continue to communicate via email to address the issue until we come to a resolution. Thank you.
I got some random cover which doesnt fit to my chair. Finding contact information and customer support is a very difficult process which is frustrating!
Hello there, thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write us a review. We already tried to contact you via email last week. Unfortunately, we did not receive any reply in order for us to understand and investigate the issue with your order. Please feel free to get back to us so that we can find a resolution. Thank you.
I purchased the ikea kivik slip covers, and I can tell you with full confidence, do not buy from this company, you will be scammed with your money, you will not get what you think you're getting, they promise an original fit similar to the ikea covers but what I got was at least 2 to 4 inches looser and just looked horrible on my couch SCAM!!! do not buy
Hi Fadi, thank you for your feedback, and for taking the time to write us a review. We believe that our customer experience agent is already in the midst of looking into this to resolve the issue. We will continue to communicate via email to address the issue until we come to a resolution. Thank you.
We ordered the cushion covers for the Muji living dining sofa chairs and could not be more disappointed. The covers do not even fit the cushions...the fabric feels cheap and the colour does not match what is advertised on the website. We have requested a refund and will not be making any future purchases from this site.
Hi Matthew, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please note that our agents have received your ticket and will be reviewing the matter before reverting to you with the next steps. Rest assured we will be working through the issue with you as soon as possible. Thank you.
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! Their slipcovers are see-through! I was trying to get my dark grey couch covered with a white slipcover, but oh no!! The company would only offer a 75$ refund which is more than insulting when you have spent over 900$ for it. I will file a dispute on paypal and hope ill get refunded
Hi Phébiola, thank you for your feedback, and for taking the time to write us a review. We see that you're in touch with our customer experience team, and as explained, our Pure Linen fabrics are slightly thinner than other fabrics due to its natural properties. While you purchased samples beforehand, we strongly advise that customers test the fabric on the sofa itself for a better idea of how it would look and feel. Per our email, we are unable to proceed with replacements without the photographs requested. If you'd like to pick this back up, we hope to hear from you via e-mail the soonest so our agents can get the process started. Thank you.
This is what our “new” sofa cover looks like after only a couple of days’ use. This was supposed to fit the Hagalund IKEA sofa bed , but the fitting is clearly too loose, the fabric is thin and stretchy and it is definitely not worth the price I paid for it. Customer service were very unhelpful, asking me to do all sorts of things e.g. taking pictures of the sofa with and without the cover from all angles (?), washing the cover and let it drip dry (during the winter in England?). Overall a very frustrating and disappointing experience.
Hi Laura, thank you for your honest review. We appreciate the feedback and input, and we regret that we weren't able to come to an amicable agreement on a resolution. On that note, we would like to keep the options offered by our colleague, open to you. Please feel free to reach out to us via email if this is agreeable.
We ordered replacement sofa covers from Comfort Works because our original ones were stained. Having had the Comfort Works covers on for only a matter of weeks, they became badly bobbled and saggy - see photos. We originally left a positive review although we were surprised at how thin the fabric was when it arrived. We should have trusted our instincts, because after a few weeks of use, it turned out that the tweed fabric we chose is totally unsuitable for sofa upholstery. Having raised our concerns with the Customer Services team, the best they could do was to offer us 50% off a replacement order. We feel that it’s totally unacceptable to expect us to fork out more money to replace what was effectively a shoddy, cheap and substandard product. We still cannot understand why they would sell a fabric that is totally unsuitable for upholstery! Apparently Comfort Works’ fabric warranty does not cover piling or bobbling. This is baffling because the sofa covers now need replacing entirely - they look 10 times worse than the stained originals!! All in all, we have been left feeling really disappointed and ripped off. We spent over £260 replacing the covers that have only been used for a few weeks. A complete waste of money! The Comfort Works website repeatedly boasts customer satisfaction, but in our experience, the service and products that Comfort Works provides are incredibly poor quality and the information on the website is completely misleading. Please think twice about ordering from Comfort Works!
Hi Mel, thank you for your feedback regarding the (Everyday) Tweed fabric. While bobbling is certainly not great to look at, this isn't a fabric defect for this fabric the you've selected and is also a known characteristic for cross-weave polyester fabrics, especially in parts where the covers get used or sat on more often - meaning to say where they receive the most friction. We're bummed that our offer to provide a set of replacement covers made using a different fabric with a discount was not acceptable. We believe this was already a really generous offer seeing that pilling isn't covered under our warranty. We still thank you for giving us a try and hope you'll be able to find an alternative solution to get your slipcover woes resolved.
So, where do I begin? I decided to get new slipcovers for my Crate & Barrel Sofa back in October 2020, yes you read that right, I just received the last email this morning closing my case. Nearly a year later. I’ve been dealing with these people for almost A YEAR. The person I was dealing with never once mentioned samples. Ignored me when I mentioned the discrepancies I found when measuring the sofa: “Thanks for doing the initial checks. The difference most probably lies in how we measure actually”- and from that day (15/10/20) when she confirmed that the measurements were “probably” ok it took almost a full month for my order to be even confirmed.Once my order arrived (it took two months) it was the wrong size, color and terrible quality. I’m talking inferior to Ikea slipcovers that is what I somehow was expecting as the bottom line. So if you want at least decent quality you have to get their most expensive fabrics, if you go with the basic ones you’ll be disappointed. And then is where the real fun began. Turns out my sofa model wasn’t one they had done before (obviously no one noticed while I was placing my order, it just shows how much this people know about sofas) so no previous reference for sizing. I was left with made to measure as my only option (not what I paid for) Never ending emails and measurements until I decided to just ask for a refund. In June I was given the option of a new set of covers based on some new measurements they now had, Or a full refund. I was stupid and willing enough to go with the measurements. Obviously, they didn’t match. So I once again sent the differences and guess what they said? “It’s probably ok” (this would actually be funny if it wasn’t by the fact that they are ripping so many people off). After thinking about it I decided that I wasn’t comfortable going through all of it again and get a second pair of ill fitting covers so I asked for my full refund WHICH THEY HAD OFFERED me. Now all of a sudden they can no longer do a full refund, only 70%. Which I now see -and based on all of these bad reviews- I’m one of the very lucky ones considering how many people are loosing their full amounts. Truly awful experience. If you are lucky enough to get your covers right on the first attempt then you’re good. Now if you happen to have ANY issue at all, even when being 100% their responsibility like in my case and you can just give up. Don’t be like me and waste time you’ll never get back trying to solve their mistakes. The people working for them and in particular the ones answering emails have no idea what they are doing. They have no regard for the environment all they want to do is to just send another set of covers without even taking a minute to think about how wasteful that is. Just thinking about all the wrong size covers they send, the amount of material going to waste, it’s disgusting. Most of us getting new covers are trying to be mindful of the environment by extending the life of our sofas just to realise that this company represents exactly the opposite, the culture of waste. And worst of all they lack any kind of integrity and are unable to keep their word and take responsibility. NEVER AGAIN.
Hi Johanna, thank you for reaching out to us. We're terribly sorry for how this has turned out. While the initial mixup was indeed regrettable, we did our best to resolve this with you over the past 9 months as it got complicated down the line. We really hoped that our offer for a free replacement would have solved this issue for you. Unfortunately, since this wasn't something you had agreed to, we had gone ahead and processed your refund. We understand that the refund does not solve your fit issue, but we thank you for your honest feedback and wish you well always. - Naomi from Comfort Works
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Lost everything in a flood at my home prior to receiving my slip covers. I reached out to ask about cancelling and was informed that had they not shipped I could have cancelled with a 30% restocking fee but since they had shipped I could receive nothing and there was nothing they could do. Also received an email after contacting them stating that if I could put them in the sofa and send pictures with positive reviews that I could receive a 30% rebate. But because I couldn’t do this I could receive nothing and told to just sell them again independently if I couldn’t use them and wanted my money back! I was also told if they gave me a refund then the one and only worker they had (seriously, I was told it was a one slip cover a day with only one person making them) would not be able to get paid and earn a living!!! Seriously! Apparently they still get paid if I asked for a refund before it shipped or if I got a rebate after providing positive reviews. Only if they were to offer a refund or even a partial refund because I lost the Sofa they are made for would the seamstress not get paid! Not only have I lost all my furniture in a flood but now have lost all the money for the slip covers. As of writing this I still have not received the slip covers either. Save your money and use another more reputable and reasonable company!
Hello and thanks for your feedback. While we do sympathise with your predicament at home, it was really unfortunate that this situation was only reported to us after your made-to-measure covers have shipped. As we were unable to intercept this parcel before it was shipped, we would no longer be able to offer a partial refund as per our cancellation policy. Just to clarify as well that the 30% rebate is a separate (and special) programme altogether which depends on you being able to fit the covers on your sofa. We're not sure where the misunderstanding had occurred, but all our staff are paid fairly and are perfectly capable of earning a living being employed by us. Therefore we respectfully disagree with you that we're not reputable or unreasonable. That being said, you mentioned that you've not received the covers yet? We've already reached out to you again with some steps for how to get this sorted. Hope you'll be able to get back to us with the information that we need. Cheers! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
Buy from Rolin Sofa instead. The sofa cover for Kipplaj is NOT like the model from ikea, and requires a bar to hold it down. I pops up all the time. I hate it. The customer service was terrible and they were very rude, even after admitting they should update the product.
Hey there! Sorry about the difficulties you faced with your Klippan covers. We believe that the Klippan you have is a newer version that doesn't require the usage of the tube/bar and separate straps to tuck the backrest covers towards the back (you can read about our review of the Klippan here: https://blog.comfort-works.com/klippan/). Unfortunately, our covers aren't based on this newer version and we're currently looking into this; though it would take some R&D at our end to get the design right. We've already offered to reimburse you for the additional tube (the covers you got can still function correctly with the tube and straps) but we're bummed that this wasn't accepted. We do hope that you'll reconsider our solution to get the covers working as intended (the back doesn't pop up when sitting on the couch).
Habe einen Bezug für einen Standard Ikea Sessel bestellt, der mit Sicherheit millionenfach verkauft wurde. Der Bezug passt allerdings vorne und hinten nicht. Nach der Reklamation wurde mir aufgetragen den Sessel und den gekauften Bezug aufwendig zu vermessen um herauszufinden wo das Problem ist. Was soll das. Es ist nicht die Aufgabe des Kunden stundenlang die mangelhafte Ware zu vermesen. Bei einem Massenprodukt müssen die Maße doch bekannt sein. Daher habe ich den Wunsch geäußert die Bezüge selber vor Ort zu ändern. Über die Kosten der Änderung diskutieren wir jetzt noch. Für den Preis bin ich maßlos enttäuscht. Nächstes Mal macht es gleich der Polsterer vor Ort.
Hallo Barbara, wie schade, dass Sie Ihre Erfahrung mit unserem Service als so negativ empfinden! Ja, Ikea Sessel werden in der Regel standardmäßig angefertigt, doch es kommt immer wieder vor, dass Ikea die Maße bestimmter Modelle nach einigen Jahren in der Produktion etwas abändert, oder dass sich zum Beispiel ein Sitzkissen nach jahrelanger Benutzung platt sitzt. Dadurch kann es möglich sein, dass ein neuer Bezug nicht perfekt sitzt. Außerdem fertigen wir die Bezüge per Hand an, und dabei können sich in seltenen Fällen, trotz strenger Qualitätskontrollen, auch Fehler einschleichen - immerhin sind wir auch nur Menschen. Wir haben Ihnen bereits einen kostenfreien Ersatzbezug, passend zu Ihrem Sessel maßgeschneidert, angeboten. Dazu benötigen wir allerdings die detaillierten Maße Ihres Sessels und des gelieferten Bezuges (sodass wir die Unterschiede erkennen können). Ich verstehe, dass das Ausmessen etwas mühsam sein kann, doch es ist leider wirklich notwendig, um sicherzustellen, dass wir die Bezüge in den richtigen Maßen und perfekt-sitzend anbieten können. Alternativ bieten wir Ihnen einen Rabatt an, bzw. die Erstattung der Änderung des Bezuges in einer Änderungsschneiderei. Eine Rücksendung und Erstattung des Produktes ist leider nicht möglich, da jeder Bezug auf Bestellung individuell angefertigt wird. Ich würde mich freuen, wenn Sie mit uns im Kontakt bleiben, und wir noch gemeinsam eine zufriedenstellende Lösung finden können! Simon Bindgen von Comfort Works
The covers for my sofa didn't fit, not nearly (a good few inches too small). I sent several rounds of photos, measurements etc. and in the end all I was offered was to send yet more photos. I gave up. It was clearly not an issue with my sofa being not the standard size, and a template issue. I should have been offered at least a refund or money off, which I wasn't. I spent £350 with this company, which I would not recommend. Next time I will get a local company to come around and measure my sofa and make covers that way.
Hey there! Sorry that you've had a less-than-pleasant experience with us regarding the fit issues that you've encountered. We believe we're being absolutely fair for requesting more detailed photos to troubleshoot your slipcovers, as, without them, we can't determine if they're manufacturing fault caused by our end or might be a unique quirk on your sofa frame. That being said, we've already offered to get a set re-made for you with some proposed adjustments, but we're bummed to hear that this wasn't accepted by you as well. Wish we could have been given another chance to assist you in getting a set of covers that fit, but we totally understand if you no longer wish to work with us. -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
DO NOT BUY 1 YEAR LATER WE HAVE RUINED SOFA WAIT TO REVIEW THIS COMPANY I ordered my covers in March 2020 and they arrived a month later. At first we were happy but then we noticed sections of the sofa had faded - we live in London and it had only been a year of owning the covers which we bought in grey. I emailed them and they said the fabrics were not tested against light and the fading is not covered by the warranty and would offer me 15% off to buy more covers. The fading was very dramatic and i have never experienced a fabric fading so fast. No other sofa we have had has done this neither has any other furniture in the living room. We have offered to send this faulty product back for a full refunded as a product that cannot be near any sun included the limited sun we get in london is not worth the cost as the sofa looks awful
Hi Annajane, We are sorry to know that you are unhappy with your slipcovers. While we cannot account for your other furniture (which aren't from Comfort Works), we do stand by our products and are always ready to rectify any manufacturing/workmanship errors present via replacements FOC. However, the fading in this case was caused by poor placement of the furniture in harsh direct sunlight and UV exposure- none of which are manufacturing defects nor covered by our warranty as we have no control over these circumstances. The discount offered to you is in good faith and we sincerely regret that this was not agreeable to you. In any case, our agent will be in contact with you and we hope to reach an amicable solution. Wishing you well always :) - Naomi from Comfort Works
The quality for this “handmade” product is no where near is good as IKEA. Unfortunately I won’t be able to use mine because I ordered the wrong size. They have a no refund/no exchange/ we don’t care how much you paid for this product “return policy.” I won’t ever buy from here again nor would I recommend it. That’s based off the amount of money this “small family” owned company charged for a sofa cover whose quality isn’t better than IKEA. They did tell me that it was a bummer that I ordered the wrong product and told me that I was stuck with something useless because they won’t eat the cost. They didn’t ask if O would have offered to at least pay for shipping to get it replaced. Nope. They did tell me that I could buy another one from them. I’ll buy a new couch before I give them anything other than this review.
Hey Sharhonda. Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you've got the covers for the wrong sofa model. Unfortunately, we don't accept returns as the slipcovers are made to order and it's extremely difficult to resell them to another customer. We had hoped that you would be willing to accept our generous solution to get the correct set of slipcovers, but since this was not acceptable to you, we do hope you'll be able to find an alternative way to solve your slipcovers woes. Thank you for giving us a try. -Comfort Works-
The slip cover has holes in it . I cannot figure out what they are for, and they are visible unless I constantly tuck them in!!!
Comfort Works 1 star review on 5th June 2021
Hi Jenny! The notches here are actually meant for tying the straps onto a pole or PVC pipe that you would tuck towards the backrest. The straps would be then hooked to the serpentine spring (the wavy-metal parts) located underneath the Klippan sofas to ensure that the covers stay tucked in. The straps are not included as this was originally provided by IKEA. You can download the assembly manual here if you need more information: https://blog.comfort-works.com/klippan Hope this tip helps! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
It doesn’t fit. It’s for a PB Basic Rolled armchair. The back is about 3 inches too wide, the fabric is stretched tight across the front where the cushion would be and I can’t even get it on the back and I have the zippers open. Not sure what went wrong. PB chairs are one size in that style. I’ve sent an email but haven’t heard back.
Hi Valerie! Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about the issue that you've encountered with your covers. We reached out to you via email to get more details about your armchair and slipcovers, so it would be great if you could get back to us so that we can start the troubleshooting process. Hope this helps! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
I am not happy with my Ikea vegan leather Poang slipcovers. They do not fit well at all. Aspects of the covers are way too big (the large back seat) and some aspects are way too tight (the bottom seat area). The slipcover does not lay right at all. The head pillow is too heavy (even though I am use the foam from the original Ikea chair) and causes the entire top of the cover to sag. Looking at the return policy--it does not seem simple to have it corrected and it took almost 8 weeks for the covers to arrive. I was so excited to recieve them--and now feel disappointed with the fit.
Comfort Works is rated 4.8 based on 4,054 reviews