Comfort Works Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read Comfort Works Reviews

About Comfort Works:

We're a small Australian company specialising in the creation of beautiful handmade sofa covers, we aim to rejuvenate all the world's old & tired couches.

+613 9015 9789

info@comfortworks.com.au

Suite 112/358, Clarendon StSouth Melbourne

Tell us how Comfort Works made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Comfort Works 5 star review on 5th June 2020
Robin Capel-Dunn
Comfort Works 5 star review on 24th May 2020
Mels
More Photos & Videos
The replacement covers work. It took several months (granted, during challenging global conditions), but I would recommend that the measurement process be a standard part of every order.
Comfort Works 3 star review on 20th April 2020
Hey Kelsie!

The covers look great - almost an upholstered look. :)

For IKEA slipcovers, we usually do not ask for measurements because the slipcovers are templated from original IKEA ones. The cushion covers which did not fit were made using a wrapped style when the original one is made with boxed style. After changing the styles and sticking to the original measurements - it looks like the fit is great! :)

Thank you for giving us the chance to provide you with free replacement after figuring out what went wrong. The product team has been notified that there is an issue with a style affecting measurements and will be working to either fixing it or removing the style completely.

It's feedback like this that keeps us growing and getting better for you! So, thank you so much, Kelsie.

Stay safe and enjoy the new covers! :)
Ning from ComfortWorks
I am crafty with fabric myself so I will try to provide constructive criticism. The cover is made of a very thin fabric and lining with no padding in between. In this case the fit has to be somewhat tight to look nice. Well it is not. It is baggy and the face fabric bubbles over the lining as two layers are barely attached to each other. The real IKEA slip covers for this model are heavy, padded and able to keep this simple shape.
Hi Elena! We regret that this experience has not met your expectations. We have reached out to you via e-mail for further discussion on how we can assist in the matter. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
Overall I am satisfied with the slip covers for my IKEA sectional couch, however they did take a couple weeks longer than expected to receive, and the fit is a bit loose. I am in North America
so not sure if that added any complications to shipping. The covers on both the frame and cushions have a much looser fit than the original covers, so I they do not look quite as modern and clean as the originals. I could not find any other options for replacements, so I guess I will have to be satisfied with the way they fit. The material choices were great, and I appreciate the efforts that were put into making the covers.
Hi Ian! Thank you for your feedback! We pulled up your order to find that it did indeed take longer to ship than the usual 3-4 weeks pre-Covid restrictions. The team was unable to return to work until around the second week of February (to ensure all team members are healthy). As you can imagine, the virus has caused a rather heavy backlog for the team and we do apologize for the delays. As for your slipcovers, perhaps you could send us photographs of the fit so we may look into a solution for you? Thank you.
When I put the base cover on, I was super impressed with the great fit. But, the bottom and back cushion covers are so loose on the inserts. I can grab a couple of inches of extra fabric on each one. Maybe I can alter them myself, but for the price of custom-made covers, I’d really rather not have to do that. Otherwise, the fabric and craftsmanship is beautiful. I just wish the cushion covers fit better so the couch would look more tidy.
Hey Lindsay! Thanks for the candid feedback and photos - we can see that the cushion covers are indeed loose and hence just now good enough. One of our client service dudes or dudettes will be in touch with you shortly to help you out, most likely through replacements that will fit better for your couch :)

Speak soon,
Chuck
I am happy with the sofa cover itself
but not really happy about service... I was charged extra 24GBP "import charge" and I would appreciate if this information was more visible for customers when at the final point of purchase.
Hey there! Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about the less-than-satisfactory experience. We actually do try to practice transparency and inform our customers about import duties (where applicable) at checkout, as well as sending another email post-purchase about this.

We also state that we reimburse this (up to 60GBP) upon sending us a receipt so we'd like to think we've got you covered. Should there be anything else we can do to improve our efforts nevertheless do let us know.

Hope to hear back from you soon!
I order cover for my 3 seat Kivik sofa and received it 2 weeks later but the covers where small I wrote them asking for replacement because my husband and I really liked the quality of the leader covers and had quick response asking for pictures I send them and they where agreed to send me replacement which was on 14.11.19 and still waiting for it to be delivered.
Chuck, whom I was communicating was very helpful I was quite surprised I wasn’t expecting too much from them but was wrong.
I hope this time to be the correct size and to be delivered on time. I will be giving them full stars if everything is Ok with the replacement.
Hey Dzhemile, glad to hear that I was able to help out - wanted to let you know that the replacement covers are now on their way via FedEx, will send you a separate email with tracking number so you know when to expect them :)

Cheers!
Hi ,
Thanks you for contort
For the price I was accepting better quality for sofa cover material.
Also the loose part doesn’t look great after sit on sofa..
Comfort Works 3 star review on 20th November 2019
Thanks for your feedback! Our Everyday Tweed Grey fabric is actually our most basic fabric which we feel is very comfortable actually - did you get fabric samples prior to purchase to see (and feel) your shortlist of fabric options?

Nonetheless, this is the Friheten Loose Fit cover after all so it won't be easy to compete against the original, tailored upholstery that was stapled onto it. It might be subject and for what it's worth, we think it looks good!

Nevertheless, we do understand your rating and how you feel about the product - thanks again and we'll definitely strive on ways to make the product better where possible.

Cheers,
Chuck
The cover is well made and easy to put on the sofa, but the "extra durable" material is not even as thick as the original IKEA coverings - which is a bit of a disappointment.
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write us your feedback. We would like to look into the details of your order, and try to solve this issue with you. Would you mind dropping us an email with your order number to info@comfortworks.com.au? Any chance you ordered fabric samples before placing your order? Looking forward to hearing from you!
Whilst the sofa cover is well-made in terms of finish, zips, etc overall, its a bit of a disappointment. Firstly, the process took far longer than the website imples, and whilst the holiday period may have slowed things up, there could have been better and faster communication. Secondly, whilst I would expect folds in the fabric covers following shipping, I didn't expect the covers to be so creased - they look like they've been screwed up. I'm now going to have to take it all off (after checking it fits - see below), and heavily iron it. Not something I'd expected to have to spend time on. As to the fit, its made on the big side. This means that, unlike the original IKEA version, its not stretched to the velcro and so 'bags' at the corneres/edges and looks pretty much like the cheap(ish) cover it is. I'm assuming that will allow for shrinkage in washing (although it claims to be pre-shrunk). The fabric (I chose Gaia white) certainly isn't as heavy as the IKEA version, and despite it apprently being 'medium heavy' I have a feeling its not going to stand up to cat's claws walking all over it. Although it doesn't matter because you don't see them, the cushion bases and base of the cover are a grey synthetic fabric, whereas the original version was also a (lighter-weight) cotton. It would have been good to have been told that in the website description. Based upon the whole experience, I'm not that impressed and wouldn't buy from them again.
Hi there PZH,

We are so sorry that you feel this way. We do experience delays during Christmas season. However, thank you for your feedback. It is crucial in helping us improve our services for you. :)
Beware if paying with PayPal - my PayPal account is linked to my credit card which I used to purchase my new covers. When the transaction appeared on my credit card statement the bank had charged me a $30 overseas transaction fee which I wasn't expecting as ComfortWorks is based in Melbourne and I'm in Sydney. When I queried the bank they told me that PayPal had requested the funds to be transferred to an account in Hong Kong. I queried with PayPal why the transaction had been processed through Hong Kong and they told me that was to do with the location of the seller. When I asked them to confirm the location of the seller as I believed it was in Melbourne, not Hong Hong, they wouldn't for privacy reasons and referred me back to ComfortWorks. ComfortWorks told me this had never happened to any of their customers before. I asked ComfortWorks to approach PayPal to investigate why this transaction had gone wrong. After many, many emails it transpired that ComfortWorks does indeed have a production facility in Hong Kong (where all the covers are actually made) and this is the likely reason that PayPal processed the payment via Hong Kong. I asked for ComfortWorks to either refund me the $30 fee or work with PayPal to correct the transaction to a domestic one so that the bank would refund the fee. Despite this request ComfortWorks just kept referring me back to my bank and I gave up and copped the $30.

The covers themselves are really great and I'm very happy with them. Long story short if you are Oz-based and will be charged overseas transaction fees from your bank for a Hong Kong transaction, use a payment method that avoids this.
The pieces arrived quite promptly and were well made, so thank you.

However, for EU customers, it might be good to put a prominent warning somewhere to say that you will have to pay a customs charge. We were charged €40 on delivery which I wasn't aware of when I bought the sofa arm covers. As you can see this considerably added to the cost of the items.

Secondly, it was quite hard to fit the arm covers fully and in fact we couldn't get them to fit quite right. Would it be possible to make them slightly bigger?
Made in Hong Kong, material quite poor
Thank you Comfort Works for the prompt delivery of the slipcovers. I love the quality of the fabric and the workmanship. I am pleased with the new look of my sofa. However, it really took great pains and much effort to disassemble the sofa. My husband and I worked through the night to change the covers and it was so laborious that I would not want to change my covers anymore. (Manstad is really quite a handful but I am sure other Ikea sofas are not that complicated.) Overall, I am happy with my purchase and how it turned out.
Bought a cover for Karlstad 2 seater sofa. Really nice fabric and looks so much neater, but is not quite as well fitted as the original. But perhaps it will shrink when washed. At the moment its a big saggy.

Still good service and delivered when they said it would be. Would probably use again.
Comfort Works is rated 4.84 based on 1,843 reviews