Comfort Works Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read Comfort Works Reviews

About Comfort Works:

We're a small Australian company specialising in the creation of beautiful handmade sofa covers, we aim to rejuvenate all the world's old & tired couches.

info@comfortworks.com.au

Tell us how Comfort Works made you happy
Boîte FedEx trop compactée difficile à ouvrir pour la housse, housse froissée. Colis prévu le 20 par FedEx, arrivé 4 jours plus tôt, heureusement que présente ce jour-là. Facturation 5 euros abusive à la commande...
Bonjour, merci pour vos commentaires et désolé d'apprendre que l'expérience ne vous a pas entièrement satisfaisante. Nous essayons de faire preuve de transparence et d'informer nos clients des éventuels frais de transaction. En effet, nous précisons dans nos T&C (C, alinéa II) que des frais bancaires peuvent être appliqués selon votre banque: ''Nous sommes une entreprise basée en Australie mais utilisons un service de traitement des paiements basé à Singapour. Des frais de transaction à l'étranger peuvent être facturés par votre institution financière.'' J'espère que cela clarifie les choses. N'hésitez pas à revenir vers nous si vous avez la moindre question.
The overall fit and feel of the couch cover is excellent and I would give five stars for this. I also purchased the tech package with the wireless charger and I am highly disappointed with both the function and look of the wireless charging feature. It is nearly impossible to properly align the phone to be charged and the pocket it sits in is stretched out / frayed and an eye sore, I wish I would have ordered the regular cover instead as all other features are top notch.
Oh no! that doesn't sound good. Not sure what happened exactly but we've already reached out to you by email to get some additional details (especially photos) about your slipcovers. Hope you'll be able to get back to us soon so that we can look into the matter for you. We appreciate you for providing your honest feedback! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
I am happy with quality of sofa covers but I think the sofa covers are too expensive for what they are. All the emails to the company were prompt and courteous. I would recommend the sofa covers but only if the were a lot cheaper Eileen B (Wexford)
Hey Eileen! Appreciate the feedback. We do have more affordable options available besides the fabric that you've chosen for your covers. It's one of the benefits of getting some fabric samples first beforehand to compare the feel and look of the fabric. Hope this tip helps! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
Slip covers were ordered at the end of May, and came on July 12th. Neatly packaged, and safe for shipping. I'm in BC Canada. Communication was great! However the slip covers just don't fit well. The base couch cover was so tight that when I finally was able to pull them over each front corner ripped. They apologized and attempted to rectify, however suggesting to take my cover off (so difficult to get on in the first place) to take to have repaired, in my opinion to just happen again (base is too small, and way too tight to fit around the main part of the couch) is just not worth my effort. $75US won't cover the entire repair anyway. The design needs to be a little more generous in that area for the ability to get around the body of the couch (hidden elastic maybe) anyway I'm "forfitting" my fit guarantee because I don't want to take the cover in for the 2 corners to be repaired when it's just not big enough to get around the couch body. The cushion covers will be better when they are worn in but they are very boxy and structured and show that they are new. Overall "good" experience from customer service but for the nearly $1000 CAD I spent, I don't think I would order from here again. I would spend the money local to get them done specifically for my generic Ikea couch. Definitely disappointed with how they decided to end our interaction, even with proof of the ripped corners.
Good material but very very very disappointed by mistake I order the wrong covers,I want to surprise me husband with the covers I didn’t tell,and I did not have anybody to help me with the measurements, and now I found out that the exchange or return policy is no longer active,I don’t get this guarantee, the price maybe it ok for some people for me I work two weeks just to afford this covers which now I cannot use.
Hi Araseliz. We're bummed to hear about the wrong slipcovers being purchased. I believe one of us have already been in touch with you to understand your situation better (especially the actual sofa model that you have) and see if there’s any other way we can help. Hope to hear from you soon!
I *almost* love everything about this cover. The fit and quality of the cover is fantastic to say the least and the velvet is unbelievably soft. I cannot stop petting my couch. BUT, I trusted the site's pics of colours too much. The 'storm grey' velvet is *several* shades lighter than the website suggests and is a light grandma-ish blue-grey instead of the rich charcoal I was expecting. I actually chose this one over the claw proof medium grey because I thought this one was darker. I am really sad about the colour as it doesn't have the same presence in the room. I would 100% advise anyone else considering ComfortWorks to order samples. I promise your couch makeover will be better than you expect, but do not trust the site's visuals for colours, unfortunately.
Comfort Works 3 star review on 31st March 2021
Hi Christine! Glad to hear that the covers fit and feel well, but we're also sad to hear about the colour is a little too light to your liking. We do encourage all our customers to order some samples to see how they look like in real life before committing to buying the covers. We've already reached out to you by email with a possible solution to assist you with getting the colour that you have in mind; hope this helps! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
I had an old slip for my Ikea couch that I loved, I just wanted to get a new color based an a new room the couch was going into. The company I had purchased my first slip did not have the color I was looking for so I decided to try Comfortworks. Comfortworks was much more expensive but came with a wider variety of colors and fabrics. I was hoping the price would be worth it. Regarding delivery, the estimated delivery time was 5-6 weeks. Processing alone took 6 weeks, but once shipped the slip arrived quickly. Throughout the 6 weeks, customer service was very responsive and followed up. As for the slip itself, I am less than satisfied. First the good things: the product is well made, strong stitching, high quality fabric, beautiful color. Less than good things: the fabric is rougher that I expected. Not good things: the slip does not fit well. On the back cushion the slip is too big and is baggy on one side. The main couch slip was difficult to get on. My previous one had a zipper which opened it up and made it a dream to slip on. The slip is baggy in some places, too tight in others, and the seams right in the front are not where they should be. It’s not an adjustment issue besucase I cannot adjust it anymore due to the snug fit on the back upper lip of the couch. Overall for the price, I am a little disappointed.
Hi Mel, Thank you for your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We have reached out to you via email in order to investigate this issue further. Hope to hear from you soon!
I am torn about this review, as I am happy with the product. It looks good and was less than half the cost of the estimate I received from the chair manufacturer. However it took 6 MONTHS to receive it from the time I paid for it and required many follow up emails to get it.
It’s ok. Cheap materials, weird plastic feel, and doesn’t fit the whole Kivik arm, but it’s something. Ultimately, that’s better than nothing.
Hi Kidvictorious! Thank you for your feedback! We took a look at your order and it seems you've purchased a set of armrest protectors, which are made to slip on and off easily, so they are intended to only cover part of the armrest instead of the whole arm. As for the fabric, we're sorry that it didn't meet your expectations when you got the covers, but we do recommend all our customers to order some fabric samples first before deciding on the fabric for their covers. We do have quite a lot to choose from, including velvets and our thicker Madison cotton range, so one of them might have been better suited for your needs. -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
The color is fine but the fabric of the cushions is too large which causes folds. not very pretty.
HI there, we're very sorry to hear that. We have notified our colleague who will be reaching out to you the soonest possible via e-mail. We sincerely hope to resolve the matter for you. - Best, Samantha T. from CW.
I ordered the cotton canvas in white to replace my original white covers. This fabric is thinner then the original twill from IKEA and seems to attract every particle of floating dust so they always look dirty. The originals did not have this issue. I was so excited to be extending the life of my very comfortable ekeskog sofa and arm chairs, but disappointed at the price point for the fabric quality. Although it was a lot cheaper than buying new furniture, I'm not sure it was a wise investment. Its been 4 months since purchase and will just have to see how they hold up. I do wish I had gone with a solid colour since you can see through the white.
Hi Melissa, sorry to hear about this and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Just to clarify, our fabrics are of our own and different from IKEA's original fabrics. We would appreciate to be given a chance to troubleshoot this for you. Our customer service team will reach out shortly to see how we can help you moving forward. Speak soon! - Niro from Comfort Works
We have had our covers for a couple of months now and I wanted to wait to see how they performed to write a full and honest review. The ordering process was initially straightforward, we submitted the order and then found that the fabric we had selected was out of stock. We had to order new samples and reselect. We chose Everyday Tweed in Grey, which I will comment on more later. This was 3rd December 2019. Admittedly I dropped the ball on sending the measurements in a timely manner, and that extended the process. Unfortunately then COVID hit and slowed down the process, which is completely understandable. What is not though, is that when business appeared to resume, it would often take a week to get a response to emails or questions. All the while I was continuing to get marketing emails looking for more business. The response to one of my emails is that they were very busy with new orders, and I was now behind over 100 customers for production. I suggested at the time that perhaps they should slow down taking new orders if they could not cope with the orders they had. After considerable back and forward the measurements were confirmed on 24th June 2020. This is when I feel it all started to fall apart. I was repeatedly emailed to answer questions that I had already answered, or confirm things I had already confirmed. I would email for updates and receive no response at all from our assigned customer service rep, but then sign into chat and receive answers straight away from other people. It felt like a lot of excuses. On October 13th I was told I was 69th in the queue and it would be approximately another two to three weeks. On 28th October, I received a shipping confirmation from Fed-Ex, but to the wrong address. When we ordered our samples, Bermuda was not listed as a shipping location and we used a mail forwarder in Florida, but before placing the order for the covers, I specifically asked and had confirmed to me, that the covers would be shipped to Bermuda. Attempts were made to have the covers diverted to Bermuda but it was not possible. We paid an additional $250 to have them shipped to Bermuda. There was a token offer made of a contribution towards that shipping, but to be honest by that point, I was so annoyed and frustrated, I could not actually bring myself to reply to the email, and it didn't even amount to half of the additional shipping anyway. When we eventually received the covers in November 2020, I have to say, they initially fit perfectly and looked great and this went some way towards making the process worthwhile. However, in all honesty, barely three months later, the fabric is not performing well. The pilling is horrendous, to the point that I lightly shaved some of the cushions before we had friends over because it's embarrassing. We've now flipped them, but the other side is starting to look fluffy too so we will probably get another couple of months out of them. I feel strongly that the tweed fabric should have a pilling warning as some of the other fabrics do. If we had known this in advance we would have chosen another fabric. We paid $1900 (plus additional shipping) for covers that I think we will probably get six months out of. Meaning that we either have to buy more, or throw the sofas away. I'm not totally opposed to having more covers made, now that I know what to expect from the process and set my expectations lower, but hopefully in a fabric that performs substantially better.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us. We're disappointed to hear about the issues you've faced while ordering the covers and we've reached out to you by email to discuss more details about your order, and to see how we can make this up to you as well. Hope you'll be able to get back to us and sorry about the less-than-stellar experience that you've had with us. -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
The slip covers were exactly as advertised. They fit my chairs perfectly. I am very happy with them ☺
Hey there! Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so happy you loved the Barkaby armchair slipcovers. :) Is there anything we could have improved on or anything we can do to help make the product/experience better? We'd love to get to know how to turn that 3 stars into 5 stars. Speak to us at info@comfortworks.com.au so we can help you out! x Ning from ComfortWorks.
Qualité et mesures de la housse canapé excellente, MAIS fabrication en Chine, donc délai de livraison non satisfaisant (4 dates annoncées successivement) et empreinte carbone trop importante
Bonjour Dulac, Merci pour votre retour. Je suis désolée d'apprendre que vous avez eu des retards dans votre livraison. Veuillez nous excuser pour le désagrément. Par ailleurs, j'espère que vous êtes satisfait de vos nouvelles housses! :)
Beware the import duty/tax! I received the invoice for this 2 weeks after the cover was delivered.
Hi! Sorry about the slight confusion here! Good news is that we do reimburse these import taxes. We've contacted you via email about this and we just need you to send the receipt over and we'll get it sorted for you! We'll be waiting for your reply! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
The material is soft but the fit is lumpy in some areas. Customer service was impossible to reach prior to the order being shipped. Overall, I'm not sure if I would purchase from here again - certainly not for the price that we paid.
Hey there, thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear about the experience that you've faced with us so far -- I checked your email against your order but it seems like we haven't received any unfortunately. Nevertheless, could you kindly send us a photo of your sofa in full view so that we can see this lumpy issue? Our email address is info@comfortworks.com.au -- hope to hear from you soon!
Quite dissappointed with the product. The fit is very baggy with seems that are not straight and consiquently the cover looks scruffy. I was also hit with additional import tax charges which werent communicated at the time of making the order. The fabric is also not what I was expecting from the images on the website.
Hey Sarah! So sorry to hear about the fit issues. I have sent you an email to get some photos to visually get on the same page as you then we can work something out together. Unfortunately, for the fabric not being as you've expected - I see that you did not get any fabric samples first to compare as we do suggest before checking out. This is a bummer because photos online would not be the best to gauge color and texture. As for import taxes, we always do reimburse up to 60GBP, so please reply to the email with the receipt and I'll get that sorted for you as well. Speak soon - Ning from Comfort Works
La couleur ne correspond pas tout à fait à ce que j'ai choisi.
this is my 3rd slip cover I ordered from them. They do a great job up to this last time. I ordered Madison sand to match my other Madison sand sofa and the fabric they made my slip cover with is NOT Madison sand. Very disappointed. Hopefully they will correct this issue.
Hey Sue, I understand the frustration. We are so so sorry. Please allow me to speak to the fabric and product team and see what we can do about this. We do know sometimes natural fabrics differ from batches but nonetheless, we understand you bought the covers to have a complete set in your home and that is what we will try to work towards via email. Speak soon, Sue. Stay safe and healthy in the meantime. x Ning from Comfort Works.
My custom cover for my Ikea sofa arrived as promised, and fits like a dream. My only beef (and it's a big one) is that the fabric is not velvet. I had dreams of a beautiful rich green velvet, and it was called velvet, but this is actually some sort of felt-like microfiber. But...the price was good, and the quality of the sewing is great. It fits better than the original Ikea cover.
Hey Adrienne! Such a bummer to hear that our Velvet Emerald did not live up to your expectations. We do categorize it as velvet due to its shine finish and the appropriate velvet nap to the touch. We do strongly urge all our customers to get some samples before deciding the fabric so they can get a sense of what they would be getting at the end of the day. No worries, I sent an email to you, and let's see how we can help. :) Ning from Comfort Works
Comfort Works is rated 4.82 based on 3,675 reviews