Comfort Works Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read Comfort Works Reviews

About Comfort Works:

We're a small Australian company specialising in the creation of beautiful handmade sofa covers, we aim to rejuvenate all the world's old & tired couches.

+613 9015 9789

Comfort Works 5 star review on 14th October 2020
Donna
Comfort Works 5 star review on 12th October 2020
Veronique Tran
The Comfort Works cover for our Karlstad sofa looks awesome! We just love the way it looks ánd feels. Soft & warm. It fits even better then the cover of Ikea.
Their customer service is excellent and the delivery of the cover only took 2 weeks.

Can’t wait to order a cover for the summer season 😉
Comfort Works 5 star review on 10th December 2017
Very poorly manufacturered. They charged me extra for a "snug fit" and then didn't send a way to attach it to the couch. The cover for the ottoman was not manufactured correctly so I can't use the storage compartment anymore. The covers for the back cushions do not fit. I emailed them my concerns and was advised that I could return paying for shipping internationally and $250 even though it took them 4 months to ship when their website lists 2-3 weeks and the cover was so poorly made. Please do not go into business with this company they are extremely dishonest.
Hello Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out. We are super bummed that we've let you down and made this experience such a sour one. We’re usually known for our exceptional customer service and we regret that we didn’t live up to those expectations with your order.

I believe that one of our team members, Omar, is currently in talks with you to remedy the Crate and Barrel Lounge II slipcovers. Thank you for allowing us to make good of the situation. I sure hope the resolution comes swiftly and we can earn back your trust as a customer.

Stay safe and healthy! :)
Ning from Comfort Works
Your old Ikea sofa will look totally new with comfort works sofa covers. Just look at the pictures. Great customer service!
The fit was great, hence the single star. The fabric it was made with was extremely thin. So much that I can see through it. I attached a picture with to detail the loosely woven fabric. The package it came in was about the size of a folded up sweatshirt, yet it was designed to cover an entire couch and two pillows, not just a torso. This particular fabric was advertised as heavy duty and good for households with pets. I doubt it will make it through a single washing without coming apart. Customer service did offer a return at a 35% restock fee and international postage to be paid at my expense. At least they responded.
Hey Erin,

Really sorry about this but as mentioned in our email, this isn't a manufacturing defect on our side and thus cannot be returned fully. It is also stated on our site that if the fabrics aren't what you expected, a return for a refund can happen with a 35% restocking fee. This is why we always recommend getting fabric samples first.

With regards to the Kino fabric you have, it is indeed a heavy duty fabric that can withstand multiple washes -- should this not be the case do let us know and we'll rectify it immediately for you.

Thanks again for your feedback and do let us know anytime if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,
Chuck
I ordered from Europe. German website. Got promised shipment va DHL (German parcel service). No shipping fees. Parcel arrived not via DHL, but an unknown German provider. Upon arrival I got cashed 32 Euros TAXES. I did not expect this, since I assumed it got send directly via DHL from Germany. I wrote to Comfort Works and told them the problem. Never got an answer back. People ordering from the Euro zone should be aware of this problem.
Beware of this company's post sales service! I ordered cushion covers for a daybed with wedge bolsters for the back cushions. The buying process was easy and the responses were quick. When I received the three cushion covers the base cushion fit perfectly. The two back cushions were the wrong dimensions. I immediately emailed and sent images detailing what I ordered and what I received. A week and a half later and I'm asked to confirm that it was delivered? I sent images of it! Other reviews bring up issues with the cradle-to-grave customer service and I second those reviews. It is a horrible method of service and makes the customer completely dependent on another's person competence instead of the company as a whole. I normally will receive one message a day (so far its only been apologies without results) despite replying immediately. The prices of the covers are great and the quality is good but customer service is worth more and Comfort Works has failed miserably.
Hey Art, sorry for the slow reply.

I've replied your messages on Facebook and by email but i didn't see your messages on Reviews.io. Hope we've resolved your concerns now, let me know if there's anything else.
In March 2016, I purchased three slipcovers from this company. Two were for the Mellby armchair in the "Gaia White" fabric and the third was for the Karlstad (3-Seater Long-Skirt Sofa Cover) in the "Liege Biscuit" fabric.

Long story short. The covers have performed well except for one. The one made in the Liege Biscuit turned out to be defective and while the company replaced it with a cheaper one they refuse to refund me the price difference. They instead have offered a store credit, which is frustrating because I don't foresee any slipcover purchases in my future.

If you want more detailed reviews of the covers and post purchase experience, read on.

The two white cotton duck slipcovers were very loose upon arrival. I sent a photograph to the company and they agreed to pay for alterations. But I wondered whether I could live with it and discovered that after washing them in the machine (with cold water) that they shrunk into the right size. I suspect that like a pair of jeans these cotton slipcovers got stretched out during production. After multiple washes they still fit well.

As for the Liege Biscuit slipcover for the Karlstad, the cover fit perfectly upon arrival. It looked great and it even repelled the cola that I accidentally spilled on it as well. But in September 2016, I received an email from the company informing me that the cover should no longer be machine washed due to shrinkage issues experienced by other customers. (The fabric was originally described and intended to be machine washable.) The company offered to reimburse me for dry-cleaning costs for up to two times within the 2-year warranty period.

Well, I told them that the machine washability was a very important factor in my purchasing the slipcover, and that I would like a refund (as I did not want to be incurring dry-cleaning costs after a couple of years). They explained that they would prefer to send a replacement cover in an alternate fabric.

In February 2017, I finally settled on getting a replacement cover in the Lino Brushed fabric. It did not have the same look-and-feel nor the stain resistance of the Liege Biscuit, but at least it could be machine washed.

According to Australian consumer laws, I am within my right to a full refund on a product that does not match its description. Furthermore, Comfort Works' website also states that they will grant a full refund if the defect cannot be addressed by an alteration or replacement.

Well, if I received this full cash refund and then purchased the cheaper replacement cover afterwards, I would have saved myself $90. But instead I'm left with a $90 store credit, which may not get used for years to come.

I do not believe this is an unreasonable or an unusual request. As you know, Samsung recently offered its customers either a full refund or an exchange with a refund of the price difference between devices when it recalled the Galaxy Note7.

In hindsight if I knew this is what would happen, I would've pushed for a full refund at the get-go. And perhaps I would've forked out more money and bought a pure linen slipcover from their main competitor (starts with the letter B). Buyer beware.
I asked what type of cover might be best for a cat, and they referred me to the Kino heavy duty fabric collection. When I received it, I could not believe how thin the fabric was, especially with the title "heavy duty." After 3-4 months, it began pilling everywhere, and was clearing wearing away. The original IKEA cover I had was far more robust than the Kino cover I purchased, and I can't believe it barely lasted half a year before it was useless, especially for such a steep price. Stick to IKEA's covers (Ebay has many that have been discontinued) or ask for swatches before you purchase a Comfort Works cover.
Great customer service and superb product quality!
Comfort Works 5 star review on 12th April 2017
Absolutely brilliant service from start to finish. Kept us updated on the order throughout the process and the sofa cover is brilliant. Just as described and fits perfectly. Highly recommended.
Comfort Works 5 star review on 10th May 2018
Beware if paying with PayPal - my PayPal account is linked to my credit card which I used to purchase my new covers. When the transaction appeared on my credit card statement the bank had charged me a $30 overseas transaction fee which I wasn't expecting as ComfortWorks is based in Melbourne and I'm in Sydney. When I queried the bank they told me that PayPal had requested the funds to be transferred to an account in Hong Kong. I queried with PayPal why the transaction had been processed through Hong Kong and they told me that was to do with the location of the seller. When I asked them to confirm the location of the seller as I believed it was in Melbourne, not Hong Hong, they wouldn't for privacy reasons and referred me back to ComfortWorks. ComfortWorks told me this had never happened to any of their customers before. I asked ComfortWorks to approach PayPal to investigate why this transaction had gone wrong. After many, many emails it transpired that ComfortWorks does indeed have a production facility in Hong Kong (where all the covers are actually made) and this is the likely reason that PayPal processed the payment via Hong Kong. I asked for ComfortWorks to either refund me the $30 fee or work with PayPal to correct the transaction to a domestic one so that the bank would refund the fee. Despite this request ComfortWorks just kept referring me back to my bank and I gave up and copped the $30.

The covers themselves are really great and I'm very happy with them. Long story short if you are Oz-based and will be charged overseas transaction fees from your bank for a Hong Kong transaction, use a payment method that avoids this.
Ho fatto rivestire un divano angolare dopo essermi fatto inviare i campioni di stoffa. Perfetta la comunicazione, tempi più che ragionevoli (2 settimane), prezzo ottimo (circa un terzo rispetto ad un tappezziere locale) e un solo problema, la consegna DHL a causa delle tasse doganali. Ma anche questo problema è stato risolto in quanto a richiesta hanno provveduto al rimborso. Consigliato!
Comfort Works 5 star review on 22nd October 2017
I cannot recommend Comfort Works enough!

I have had my Ikea Karlstad Sofa Bed since 2010, and was devastated to learn they had discontinued the model a few years ago when I needed to replace the cover (my cat had a very lively kittenhood, let's just say).

After a year of shopping around for a new couch, I was unsuccesful in my search so decided to go the reupholstering route. This is when I came across Comfort Works and after carefully reading reviews, I decided to bite the bullet.

I could not be happier with my new cover (I chose the Nomad Grey fabric as it is very durable). It looks like a completely different couch and I have been receiving compliments non stop for a month every time someone comes to visit me. It fits perfectly and looks very high end. I also replaced the original Ikea legs with the Comfort Works light wood ones, and it makes the couch look like a designer mid-century modern couch.

I would absolutely recommend the service and products!
Comfort Works 5 star review on 12th October 2016
I received my PB sofa and chair covers and they are beautiful! They are well made and fit perfect.
With that said, I will NOT recommend Comfort Works to family and friends and here’s why:
As I stated the covers were well made, however, one cushion cover had the zipper in the wrong location. I wasn’t concerned, as I assumed I would get a replacement cover after I informed your customer service team. After going back and forth with one of you customer service reps (Ning), I now know otherwise!!

She is telling me that the problem was caused by wrong measurements. She said the zipper placement should be in location B on the custom measuring diagram. I informed her that it is C on my PB sofa and chair. She insists it should be B. If that is the case, then three of my four cushions would have wrong zipper placement and they do NOT! The measurements have nothing to do with zipper placement in this case! Nowhere on the Custom Measuring Diagram does it mention to identify zipper placement!!

I am NOT paying for a replacement cover, as this mistake was not due to mis-measurements!

Thank you.
Barb
Hello Barb, I understand your frustration with this matter. Making slipcovers from scratch is not an easy thing for sure and that is why we do follow the PDF measurements to the dot to ensure we ship out covers that fit.

The placement of the zipper is at B (attached image - the same one we used in the PDF sent to you) and the covers were made using all the measurements provided, confirmed by yourself. This would mean that we produced the covers to your instructions. The zipper not fitting is indeed bizarre.

With that said, without exploring other ways to try to figure out how we can fix the zipper issue and just warrant you a free replacement is not something I could have done. I am sorry - that's just the company policy. We'd like to try to figure out what went wrong before just giving out free replacements. I hope this is understandable. However, you did ask for replacements from the get-go, hence I had to charge you because we have not tried the other solutions on the table.

My colleague, Rashi, who is in the same timezone as you are, tried to give you a call a couple of times but went to voicemail. I have since then followed up with an email with several other resolutions we can try to do before we dive deeper and see how to get fitting covers to you. We will need to begin from the top and see which cushion is the one the covers belong to - the sofa or the armchair, and then move from there. Perhaps we can give that a try? :)

Warm Regards,
Ning
I was very skeptical about purchasing my sofa covers sight unseen as I did not order swatches but so so happy I trusted the photos and reviews I saw. The covers look great on my couch and the fabric is much nicer than what we originally had but still feels like it’s sturdy enough to hold up to our three cats. If you are nervous about ordering, don’t be, the covers are great!
Comfort Works 5 star review on 8th March 2020
People, careful before you order. I ordered a cover for an Ektorp sofa. Little did I know that there are two Ektorp models--the one with the Kimstad brown faux leather is constructed differently from all others, but still called Ektorp. I ordered an Ektorp cover and wasn't warned that my model was different and the cover wouldn't work. So I got the cover $400+ later, and it doesn't fit. Comfort Works basically told me to sell it online and try to get some money back, or send it back to them at my cost to get 70% of the cost back. (Sending it to Australia at my cost would be like $200.) Don't believe their offer of a full refund--there is no such thing. I am stuck with a cover that doesn't work and they aren't offering a solution. So beware!
Hi Ivy, thanks for your candid feedback and sorry that you should feel this way. I've taken a look at your case and as per our policy, we did in fact provide the option of a replacement at a sizeable discount of 40% even to make this right. I'm afraid we aren't able to make a free replacement for you as no mistake was made on our part, similarly as to why we have to charge a 30% restocking fee if you wish to return it. We'd like to think that we've provided various alternatives to resolve this but we really aren't able to give you one in which we bear a 100% of the costs. I sincerely hope you'd reconsider as we do want to make sure a slipcover fits over your sofa at the end of the day.

Best regards,
Chuck
Thanks to the folks at Comfortworks we have given our 15 year old Ikea sofa a new lease of life. the new cover fits perfectly and is well made. Before and after photos attached
Comfort Works 5 star review on 20th December 2019
Magnifica solución, encaja perfectamente, el tacto de la tela es muy agradable. No podía tener mejor solución.
En cada momento sabía por donde estaba mi funda hasta llegar a mis manos.

100% recomendable
Comfort Works 5 star review on 8th December 2019
I ordered a Kivik chaise slipcover after seeing it on Pinterest and reading reviews. I received it exactly on time and was updated throughout the process. The quality is outstanding and exactly the custom look I was looking for. Thank you, Custom Works!
Hi Bridget,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We are so glad that you like your new sofa covers. 😄

And we're glad that you like our Pinterest feed.
Encargue a Comfort Works una funda para mi sofa cama de tres plazas, además de quedar perfecto, me atendieron muy bien con las dudas y preguntas que tuve durante el proceso, mi comunicación fue con Alejo, y las contestaciones fueron inmediatas y muy claras. recomiendo ampliamente la empresa y quedé muy satisfecha con mis fundas!
Comfort Works is rated 4.83 based on 2,393 reviews