Comfort Works Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read Comfort Works Reviews

About Comfort Works:

We're a small Australian company specialising in the creation of beautiful handmade sofa covers, we aim to rejuvenate all the world's old & tired couches.

+613 9015 9789

info@comfortworks.com.au

Tell us how Comfort Works made you happy
It is so unbelievably hard to get on. I don’t know if it’s because we got the savannah saddle but it has absolutely no give and is extremely tight. I worked on it for 2 hours and had to give up for the night. I was literally sweating trying to make it work. It looks weird because it’s so hard to adjust that it’s very difficult to line the seams up...some areas look baggy because I can’t pull them tight over the corners and in some areas the fabric is twisted. Also some sloppy stitching on one of the covers.
Comfort Works 2 star review on 29th May 2021
Hello Stephanie! Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about the covers. We've already reached out to you by email to get more photos so that we can get to the bottom of these issues. Hope to hear back from you! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
I'd had genuine ikea covers for 10 years and the material had lasted well, with our dog sitting on the sofa without any damage. I chose the Kino fabric which is described as being 'heavy duty' and 'pet friendly'. Within 48 hours of being on, threads became snagged and the seat covers now look rubbish. Comfort Works's response? Snagging isn't covered by their terms and conditions. I pointed out they marketed the fabric as heavy duty and pet friendly, and they offered me 15% off another order. I complained again and they offered 30%. Be very careful ordering from them unless you are 100% confident, as their response to my issue, whilst handled politely and professionally, has been completely inadequate. If they were based in the UK like me I would report them to trading standards.
Hi Eric. Thanks for your feedback and we're sorry that our proposed solutions were less than satisfactory to you. The fabric you've chosen (Kino) had been subjected to a rub test which was a basis for determining its "heavy-duty" attribute. A high rub count makes it great for repeated washings and high domestic use but does not mean that it is impervious to claws or scratches, and we did see that the snagging on your covers appears to be localised within a small area instead of all over the couch. Having said that, we're going to look into this issue again and to see if we could find an alternative solution for you. -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
My slipcover arrived and it is quite loose. Comfort Works was responsive but refuses to replace or refund their product as they say their template was correct. They offered a small credit toward alteration but it will not cover it.
Hi there! Sorry to hear about the issue with your covers. We saw that your sofa frame was built a little differently compared with our slipcover template measurements. Sadly this means that this wasn't a manufacturing error at our end but we did offer to reimburse the cost of the alteration to get the covers to fit your sofa frame. We've reached out to you again with another solution which we hope would help you get the cover you need to fit your sofa. - Melvyn from Comfort Works -
My PB Basic sofa slipcover is a foot short across the back ! Cannot get it on At All . Waiting to hear back from Customer service . Even the cushions and seat backs seem smaller than originals like it was made for a smaller sofa ? Weird ! Hope they make it right !!!
Hi there! Thanks for letting us know and we're bummed about the covers not being able to fit your sofa. We're already reached out to you via email to get more details and to help you troubleshoot what might have gone wrong with the covers. Talk soon! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
La tela del sofá es bonita, pero estoy muy decepcionada por 2 motivos: 1) compré una funda clawproof antimascotas y mi gato desde el primer día arañó la tela como si se tratara de una tela normal. De haberlo sabido, hubiera pedido otro color, ya que la clawproof tiene menos opciones. 2) en la web dice que garantizan el ajuste perfecto de la funda, y en mi caso, la funda queda demasiado holgada y nada ajustada, formando pliegues. Les escribí para contarles el problema y me pidieron que les enviara fotografías, cosa que hice hace ya 2 semanas y aunque he vuelto a contactarles solicitando una respuesta, ahora no me contestan. Por el precio de la funda + los gastos posteriores de aduanas y aranceles de Fedex, me hubiese salido por el mismo precio un nuevo sofá de Ikea.
Nuestro agente de atención al cliente en español ya se encuentra en contacto contigo para solucionar este problema. Agradecemos tu paciencia ya que solamente tenemos un hispanohablante en nuestro equipo al momento, pero queremos asegurarte que te daremos una solución. Los gastos de aduana y aranceles de FedEx no cuentan en el costo de las fundas realmente ya que los reembolsamos siempre, por favor envíanos una foto de tu factura de los impuestos a info@comfortworks.com.au y te reembolsaremos.
Slip covers are perfect and look great
Hello! Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Glad that the covers turned out great! If you have any other questions or concerns, please email us at info@comfortworks.com.au. Cheers!
I am bummed that after several emails back and forth with a customer service representative at the time of putting in my order, stating that I specifically wanted plain seams with no piping on my $1500 slip covers that they were made *with* piping. It was confirmed prior to my order being processed that there would be no piping...Every edge of the couch has piping. I did email the company upon receiving my slip covers a few days ago but have not heard back. The slip covers fit pretty well, so that’s good. However, it’s not what I wanted, and not what I ordered, and not a style I would have paid for.
Oh no! We're terribly sorry to hear about this issue. We've already reached out to you by email to get some additional details and photos of the covers that you've received. If you could get back to us the soonest, we'll be able to help you get the covers in the correct style that you intended to order. Thanks for letting us know! -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
Slip covers are made well. They fit my 2 chairs well, but not perfectly. The Velcro strips do not line up with the original chair, and there is a stitched gathering of material on one corner of one of the chair covers ordered. I waited over 6 weeks for the covers and the color of material I had ordered was much more teal/blue than jean/navy blue. That was disappointing.
Hi Amy, we're very sorry to hear of that! We'll be reaching out to you via e-mail the soonest to look into resolving this for you.
The cut and workmanship was good but the fabric (kino frost polyester) felt papery and thin and seemed to be worse quality than the Ikea original. Unfortunately we will not be keeping this. The customer service was very good.
Thank you for your feedback on the fabric and service. We see that you are currently in communication with our colleague, Omar. Hopefully, with his assistance we can come to an amicable resolution to the matter. We would sincerely recommend getting fabric swatches first before any major purchase. We hope with the suggestions offered by Omar, you would be able to revisit this review should we change your mind about the products :). Best, Samantha T. from CW.
The fit is really good but feel I paid way too much for the quality of slipcover I received from Comfort Works. The fabric feels thin. My couch does not look high end with the slip cover.
Hi Bernice. Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you didn't like the fabric on your slipcovers, despite getting the samples from us beforehand. We tested our Kino fabrics for durability and have found them suitable for high usage levels at home. If you prefer a thicker fabric, we do have our Classic Velvets and Madison that you might consider in the future. We do appreciate you for giving us a try and we hope your covers will still help protect and rejuvenate your sofa. -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
The options of colors and textures are great. The shipping takes forever, but they are upfront about that. We thought the covers looked nice BUT they are a bit loose even over our old covers (not a huge deal), and the worst thing is that they PILL LIKE CRAZY! We are super disappointed in the amount of money spent to redo our couch and it looks like we’ve had it for years. Definitely not satisfied. :(
Hey Andrea! Thanks for letting us know about your experience with our Everyday Tweed Silver fabric. With its loosely woven 100% polyester strands, it is known to pill a little especially with high traffic use. We advise our customers to try using a de-piller from time to time (once every month) to better maintain the look and feel of the slipcovers. Besides this entry-level fabric, we do offer higher quality fabric that fits your home's function better without the need for recurring maintenance, such as the Kino heavy duty or the 100% natural fabrics Cotton Canvas and Madison. If you are keen to get another set, we'd be happy to throw in a little discount for you. Please write to us at info@comfortworks.com.au with photos of your current set and we'll help you get this sorted out. Happy New Year, Andrea. Stay safe and healthy. :)
Rather disappointed for the following reasons: 1. Delivery was supposed to be 3/4 weeks. Took 9 weeks. 2. Import duty of £28 which we were unaware of. 3 The covers, though well made, are a poor fit. The base cover is too big over the bottom edge and the seat covers are 4/5 inches too deep. Shame but could not recommend.
Hey Susan, thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for missing the mark on the delivery process and the fit of the slipcovers that you've received. We've reached out to you via email and we do hope you'll be able to work with us to address the fit issues that you've encountered. We also mentioned that we do refund these import fees that you've paid. Once again, we do apologise for this and hope you'll give us a chance to make it up to you. -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
Feels very thin. It’s a gorgeous colour but I feel like I could rip it in half with my bare hands. Very thin. I upgraded per selection to a durable pet friendly resource and in truth the offer cost more than ten original sofa. But I hate Waite. Fingers crossed.
Hey Nina! We are glad that you love the color of your ClawProof Velvet Medium Grey. The fabric is made to withstand the tugging and pawing of active pets in the household - it's not meant to be thin at all. Please allow me to send you an email to start a conversation to see if there's anything we can do to help make things better. :) x Ning from Comfort Works.
I ordered 2 slip overs for my pottery barn sofas. I chose the kino ash fabric. When they came I was really disappointed. The fabric feels thin and inexpensive. The slipcovers fit too tight on the body and cushions. I deeply regret buying these. Compared to my original pottery barn slipcovers, they are total junk. I expressed my disappointment to the comfort works customer service and they totally brushed me off. Do not waste your money!
Hi Tina! We're sorry that you felt that we had ignored your concerns. It's certainly not our intention to make you feel this way and we did request for more information to compare the covers and samples you got, but we have not heard back since. We're also not aware that there were some fit issues with the covers that you received (this wasn't mentioned in your initial emails). We do take these concerns seriously and we've already reached out to you again to request for more information. We certainly hope you'll be able to get back to us so that we can help troubleshoot these issues for you. -Melvyn from Comfort Works-
The swatch you sent didn’t look like the actual couch covers we received, there was a big difference in color.
Comfort Works 2 star review on 26th November 2020
Hey Scott, Thanks for the feedback and photo -- this shouldn't happen and we're sincerely sorry that it did, could you kindly get in touch with us at info@comfortworks.com.au and we'll help sort this out for you ASAP. Speak soon!
The slip covers are very nice, but two things: 1) they should be more honest about how much disassembly is required. I had to basically take my chairs completely apart. It took an hour to do the first one. Instructions would be SO HELPFUL. 2) the wireless charging port is really great and I think I will enjoy it. But the YouTube video was somewhat light on specifics. Instructions would have been SO HELPFUL. I am basically happy with the end result. I just wish installation would have been easier or the company had better managed expectations about what would be required.
Thanks for the feedback Alison, I understand your point completely and the only perspective I can offer you is that most of our customers who purchased a sofa like the IKEA Karlstad, would have assembled the furniture with the slipcovers and are aware of this tedious process -- it's really not our intention to hide this fact at all. Nevertheless we're glad you managed to get everything worked out, and would actually appreciate you let your friends and family know what to expect when they get their covers too -- we do understand our limitations and will take your feedback into improving our product description, instructions and overall experience.
A very mixed bag of experiences with this company. The good parts: - A convenient and economic way to renew your sofa - Fairly good and clear website, good fabric samples - Overall, the new sofa cover does its job well The negatives: - No printed instructions whatsoever - They produce an online video for your particular sofa, but then decide to post it in "fast forward" so you cannot see any of the details, even when constantly pausing and stopping the video. Some of the instructions on the video do not reflect what you actually need to do and are even in contradictions to this (as confirmed by the company when I enquired, clearly confused by said contradictions) - The one helpful and positive instruction is not mentioned anywhere - inside the different cover pieces, there is a label directing you as to which piece of your sofa that part goes to. - No instructions on how to install the USB addition - One of the cover pieces of my sofa was mis-taylored (the opening did not fit the slot on the matching sofa piece despite matching it correctly), making it virtually impossible to fit the sofa back together at the end. - Very poor communication. Replies can take days or even weeks, and often have to be chased by different channels (emails, messages on the website, chat, facebook). I am yet to receive replied to my latest enquiries.
Thanks for the candid and detailed feedback! And apologies for the lack of instructions - the Manstad Snug Fit covers tend to be slightly more complicated than the other IKEA sofas and while we'd like to think that the video has been clear, we'll definitely look into how we can make it clearer. In terms of our communications, we'd like to be able to respond within 24 business hours but as of July 2020, we had been getting a lot more inquiries than usual so delays of a couple of days can happen -- if it had taken weeks, it's unfortunately on us overlooking the inquiry and we shouldn't have any excuse for it, so we're incredibly sorry that it happened to you. Nonetheless, this has been made aware and the team have responded to all your messages via email and Facebook accordingly in the last 24 hours!
Customer service for this product was very good. However, the fit of the arm protectors we ordered is quite poor. Not only do they not extend the full length of the arms, leaving the back area exposed, they also don't extend the full height. Because of that, they do not cover all of the damage caused by our cat to our Karlstad sofa. So they don't do what they are supposed to do -- cover up damage/wear. Not worth the expense or the wait, in my opinion.
Thanks for your feedback - we do see how the armrest protectors look like they would extend the full length of arms on the website, but generally armrest protectors are made to specifically protect the arms and not the back of the sofa. I suppose there might have been budget constraints but in the future (we'd definitely give you a returning customer discount!), we'd recommend getting the full set of covers instead in our claw-resistant fabrics -- it's definitely worked out well for me and my 4 cats!
After waiting months for our cover it did not fit. The team worked with us to get a replacement cover. However when it came in the colors were not consistent between the main part of the couch and the cushions.
Measurements were off on a lot of the pieces being on the larger size being 8-15cm off from the original ikea cover.
Hey there! Sorry to hear about these fit issues - could you kindly send over 3 wide photos (front, side back of sofa) with the slipcovers over your sofa so we can visually get onto the same page as to what may have happened? From there we'll work out the best ways to resolve these issues, either via a repair credit or replacement covers. Hope to hear from you soon!
Comfort Works is rated 4.82 based on 3,666 reviews