Comfort Works Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read Comfort Works Reviews

About Comfort Works:

We're a small Australian company specialising in the creation of beautiful handmade sofa covers, we aim to rejuvenate all the world's old & tired couches.

+613 9015 9789

info@comfortworks.com.au

Suite 112/358, Clarendon StSouth Melbourne

Tell us how Comfort Works made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Suzan
Maci Herman
Comfort Works 5 star review on 12th May 2020
Bianca Ambrose
More Photos & Videos
It not what I was looking for it dont have the strap on it to pull out the bed so I'm unsatisfied.
Hello Sirahan!

I am very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your slipcovers, that really bums us out.

We’re usually known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark here. Not sure what happened but an educated guess is that the handle for the bed compartment did not reach you. Please allow me to help check on this and we can resolve this together? :)

I will be in touch via email to see how we can send you that handle to complete the slipcover.

Speak soon!
Ning from Comfort Works.
I have had my cover on for less than a week and it is seriously pilling. I am very disappointed. I ordered from you because I wanted superior quality to what Ikea offers.
Hey Sara!

We are so sorry to hear that! The fabric of your covers, Luna Flax, uses a combination of linen and polyester, so while a mixed composition provides the best of both worlds (comfort and durability), some pilling is quite common (and inevitable) with these type of fabrics.

One of us has reached out to try to help you resolve this issue. Looking forward to helping! :)
Misleading website. Quality is pretty good. Don’t just click through though. IKEA furniture looks identical and the photos look exactly the same. Names are also extremely similar only off by a couple of letters. Karlstad and karlanda caused a lot of confusion and a hefty restocking fee for me. when I spoke with someone about the photos being so similar they said they would follow up with their website designer but that I still was out of luck. I did end up getting the cover because I held out hope. It is good quality. Just don’t expect them to get everything right. I paid for two wireless phone charger pockets and was shipped a cover with only one. They refunded me the $40 but I paid $700 for a cover that isn’t how I wanted it.
Hello Michelle!

We are glad we got to reach out to you last week to speak on this matter. Thanks for your time, and we do hope it clarifies the situation. :)
I have hated the blocky legs of my Karlstad since the day I bought it (six years ago) and finally bit the bullet and ordered new legs. I was so excited when my Comfort Works package arrived, tore the box open to find... some very red legs. Love the shape, hate the color. Be warned that the cherry legs are very, very RED. If I had a do-over, I would go with Uncle Bob's, which cost a little less and offer a ton more options on type of wood and stain color. Now I'm out $90 and looking at RED sofa legs.
Hi JiaYing, thanks for your feedback and really sorry to hear about your recent purchase experience. With our bailey sofa legs they are actually quite red in real-life, and we do try our utmost best to reflect it in our product photography.

We understand that Uncle Bob have more options in terms of staining and can possibly provide you with something you'd be happier with. As such, we can definitely arrange for a full product refund if you'd like to ship the item back to us -- or you can opt for an exchange if you think you'd prefer a lighter, natural wood colour and stain them to your preference even.

Hope to hear from you soon!
- Chuck
I ordered fabric swatches over a month ago, and I still haven’t received them. Which is frustrating as Id like to settle between this company and another that sent swatches within a week. Not sure if other Canadians are having longer than expected wait times.
Hi there Meagan,

We are truly sorry about this.

One of our customer service representatives have already reached out to you via email to assist you with this.

Do let us know via that email. 🙂
Hi, while I like the general idea of your covers a lot, I am not that happy at all with what I got and think you should change some things... here the comments:

First, I was only noting that I ordered from the other side of the globe after the purchase. it is not very clear and I would not have wanted to get leather samples and some simple sofa legs from so far away.

Then I did not receive a formal notice of my order. Online it said a formal receipt would follow in the next days (why not immediatly via mail like everybody else), all I got was an informal mail asking about my phone number for logistics, which was eventually not used at all!!! Please delete this number again...

Further, I had to pay 25 EUR extra import fees, which I was not aware of when ordering. This is 35% of the 72 EUR of product value!! and simply a show stopper for ordering ever again. Who knows how many 100 EURs I have to pay for a sofa cover?! It may not be your fault of course, but it comes as a surprise to the person ordering, especially if the shop is not transparent about its location in Australia or Hong Kong!

Third, I ordered the leather samples and they are not at all looking like in the online material. I am after a cognac-brown looking leather cover and in your shiny marketing it looks like that. THe real leather looks much less appealing and more like digested food of babies... To give you an impression I took a picture of the leather samples and the brochure... The brochure color is nice, but in reality the color is completely different (much less orange). You should aim at providing truer pictures online.

All this is simply not in line with the shiny frontend you created...
Matthias.
Comfort Works 2 star review on 25th March 2019
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for taking the time to detail a feedback for us. We do apologize if you feel that your experience with us was not as expected.

Firstly, regarding our location, it is stated on our website that we are an Australian company that operates our own production house in Shenzhen, which is where all products are made by hand and shipped out from.

As for the order, we do send an online confirmation out to all our customers within 48 hours of the order being made. Our main goal with going electronic is to support our Zero Waste efforts to help the Earth as much as we can. However, with your order, there would be a single copy of an invoice for your order, which is for your reference as well as for customs use.

The phone number requested was in order to facilitate the shipment of your order. The couriers require this information in order to give you a call, should your parcel be undeliverable.

About import taxes, we do have a note on the checkout page about sending us an email, if you had any questions about import taxes. No worries, however, we would be able to reimburse this amount of EUR 24 back to you. All you need to do is to send us the invoice and we would be able to help better.

As for the samples, the images in the booklet and the website can look different due to print effects and rendering and these are merely a close representation of the actual colors of the fabrics. This is why we encourage our customers to get samples before making a purchase.

Again, we would like to apologize if this has soured your experience with us, and we can assure you that it was not our intention to do so, at all. We will definitely use your feedback and improve these points that you have highlighted.

Hope you liked your sofa legs!
I was excited to get this cover and it fits my couch perfectly. I ordered this in dark gray and the color has faded to a really terribly color. My couch is in partial sun and everywhere the sun shines in through the window (there’s a shade there) it has faded. It looks like my couch has been bleached in some places. I would not purchase another product from this company.
Hi Zohreh, So sorry to hear about this and thanks for leaving your feedback. Do you mind just emailing us at info@comfortworks.com.au with some clear photos so we can assist in the matter? Thank you!
no compensation for the inconvenience caused for the late delivery and to top this up I received a hidden charge from Fedex that was not mentioned at the order stage which was.
Hi Ghazwan

We actually display this information on our checkout page and also reiterate this in your order accepted email, so sorry if this wasn't clear enough and we'll work to ensuring it's more prominent. Our customer service rep has already been in touch for a resolution, and thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.
It was NOT clear when I ordered that I would have to disassemble and reassemble the entire couch to put the covers on. They're well crafted but still . . . I wouldn't have take. This on and paid what I did had I known.
Sorry to hear that Sarah!

We do try to make it as clear as possible on our website with the "Friheten Snug Fit covers" as IKEA doesn't originally sell these covers to begin with.

Nonetheless we'll do what we can to make it clearer - should you require any assistance on guidance on how to assemble or disassemble your sofa do let us know! :)

Or if you need anything else from us at all, just drop us a note.

Cheers!
In March 2016, I purchased three slipcovers from this company. Two were for the Mellby armchair in the "Gaia White" fabric and the third was for the Karlstad (3-Seater Long-Skirt Sofa Cover) in the "Liege Biscuit" fabric.

Long story short. The covers have performed well except for one. The one made in the Liege Biscuit turned out to be defective and while the company replaced it with a cheaper one they refuse to refund me the price difference. They instead have offered a store credit, which is frustrating because I don't foresee any slipcover purchases in my future.

If you want more detailed reviews of the covers and post purchase experience, read on.

The two white cotton duck slipcovers were very loose upon arrival. I sent a photograph to the company and they agreed to pay for alterations. But I wondered whether I could live with it and discovered that after washing them in the machine (with cold water) that they shrunk into the right size. I suspect that like a pair of jeans these cotton slipcovers got stretched out during production. After multiple washes they still fit well.

As for the Liege Biscuit slipcover for the Karlstad, the cover fit perfectly upon arrival. It looked great and it even repelled the cola that I accidentally spilled on it as well. But in September 2016, I received an email from the company informing me that the cover should no longer be machine washed due to shrinkage issues experienced by other customers. (The fabric was originally described and intended to be machine washable.) The company offered to reimburse me for dry-cleaning costs for up to two times within the 2-year warranty period.

Well, I told them that the machine washability was a very important factor in my purchasing the slipcover, and that I would like a refund (as I did not want to be incurring dry-cleaning costs after a couple of years). They explained that they would prefer to send a replacement cover in an alternate fabric.

In February 2017, I finally settled on getting a replacement cover in the Lino Brushed fabric. It did not have the same look-and-feel nor the stain resistance of the Liege Biscuit, but at least it could be machine washed.

According to Australian consumer laws, I am within my right to a full refund on a product that does not match its description. Furthermore, Comfort Works' website also states that they will grant a full refund if the defect cannot be addressed by an alteration or replacement.

Well, if I received this full cash refund and then purchased the cheaper replacement cover afterwards, I would have saved myself $90. But instead I'm left with a $90 store credit, which may not get used for years to come.

I do not believe this is an unreasonable or an unusual request. As you know, Samsung recently offered its customers either a full refund or an exchange with a refund of the price difference between devices when it recalled the Galaxy Note7.

In hindsight if I knew this is what would happen, I would've pushed for a full refund at the get-go. And perhaps I would've forked out more money and bought a pure linen slipcover from their main competitor (starts with the letter B). Buyer beware.
I asked what type of cover might be best for a cat, and they referred me to the Kino heavy duty fabric collection. When I received it, I could not believe how thin the fabric was, especially with the title "heavy duty." After 3-4 months, it began pilling everywhere, and was clearing wearing away. The original IKEA cover I had was far more robust than the Kino cover I purchased, and I can't believe it barely lasted half a year before it was useless, especially for such a steep price. Stick to IKEA's covers (Ebay has many that have been discontinued) or ask for swatches before you purchase a Comfort Works cover.
Comfort Works is rated 4.84 based on 1,834 reviews