Coopers Of Stortford Reviews

28% of reviewers recommend Coopers Of Stortford
9PM
9PM

About Coopers Of Stortford: Coopers of Stortford- packed full of our most popular value-for-money offers, many of which are not available in the shops. From Cookware to Gardening Equipment, we have selected items that are all of good quality at keen prices. A family run company based on traditional ideals and values, we sell goods nationwide

11 Bridge StreetBishops Stortford

Categories:
Furniture
Gardening
Home & Garden

Tell us how Coopers Of Stortford made you happy

"Ordered items in January, my cheque returned saying one item wrongly priced - I pointed out to them in e-mail the price I sent was correct in their catalogue and they agreed to honour that so returned the order and cheque. My cheque has been cashed but I have not received my goods, no acknowledgement of order or any idea if and when I get a delivery. RUBBISH."
Are you Coopers Of Stortford? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Read the other bad reviews. They are correct! Woeful customer service. They don't reply to any emails sent and things don't turn up. Never again."
"Tried 3 times to order a 4 tier shoe rack online. Applied a my code 9AD24 for free delivery, it showed it taken off. When I went to checkout I was told my basket was empty. Tried ordering over the phone twice, was kept hanging on waiting for a free agent. Not good as it was costing me money. Very poor service online and over the phone, have given up and are ordering elsewhere. Website poor, not easy for older folk, needs simplifying."
"This company is appalling, I have never ordered from them before and never will again. I ordered on 28th November, after 2 weeks had not arrived, after numerous telephone calls was told the items had been stolen, they reordered the items but still did not arrive, another telephone call later 1 item off the order arrived today. I telephoned again and an extremely rude guy answered, he has reassured me the rest of the order will be dispatched tomorrow. I'm not one to write a bad review but this company is a disgrace. It says family run business, well a bit of advice to you, all your customers keep your business running if you keep this disgraceful service up you won't have a business at all. Does not deserve a 1 star."
"I've brought things,from this company, a few times and had no trouble at all. On those occasions I would've given 4-5 stars. However, my last order has not turned up. The money has gone out of my account. My order was sent in 1st November, it was out for delivery on the 5th, yet has not turned up. (Well, not to me, anyway!). I've sent numerous emails, yet I've not RECIEVED one reply!! I tried phoning, and like other customers have put, it's 7p per minute! When you're told your 11th in the queue and you're still 11th after 5minutes, you're not going to keep waiting!! What's the point of having a customer service, when no one seems to work in it! Yet I'm still getting blasted catalogue's from them! Yet they haven't replied to one of my emails. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN, and I wouldn't advise anyone else too!"
"I have dealt with coopers for many years, paying by cheque, This time however they have refused my cheque (three weeks after receiving my order) It is my habit to write Pounds as Pds on cheques which is accepted by my bank and all other banks and company’s. No reason given, which leads me to cancel my order. I wii NOT deal with this company in the future."
"We have used Coopers for a couple of years and have found them to be brilliant They are very competitive in price and there delivery times are great"
"I had to return a. Vacuum because it blew out instead of sucking up.It was replaced and I waited until my son returned from abroad to open the replacement. The same fault occurred It is useless. He suggests it I faulty wiring. I cannot afford expensive phonedalls about this, But will go through the documents tomorrow an£ return it"
"I have tried to get through to this company a dozen times, but I think they keep you on hold to collect the 7p a minute, it is quite outrageous that a company charge you to ring up to buy something from there store I am not waiting for 18 customers in front of me to order,this is just a con to collect MORE money from you go some where else to get the item you will some thing. J.W."
"Even 1 star is too much. I believe that this company relies on making it as difficult as possible for people to return unsuitable items as possible, so that people are stuck with the poor quality things which they don't want. It should have suspected it after my card was not accepted for purchasing online. Prior to that, the offer for signing up with Cooper was not accepted, even though the email stated that it was valid until midnight. I placed an order the following day, over the phone and, mysteriously, the same card was accepted. I said that the offer code didn't work online, the person on the phone said that it may be because the code was valid until midday. I read the email saying 'until midnight' to her. She said it is not acceptable over the phone. These are, in my view, first two cons, which should have signaled to me enough not to proceed with the order, but I placed my order. As soon as my husband and I opened the box and saw the item, we put it back into the box as the quality was appalling. I phoned COS and they said someone will collect the item on Thursday, 3rd day after the item was delivered. It seemed very nice & easy. However, no one came to collect it on the said day and my husband stayed at home, waiting, the whole day. I phoned COS the following day. This time the person who answered my call tried a bullying tactic when I expressed my dissatisfaction with the return procedure. She said that would collect the unwanted item as a good will gesture and that the returning item is customer's responsibility if the reason for return is 'unsuitable' item. She told me someone would come to collect it the following Tuesday (now seven days from receiving the item). Tuesday has just gone and no one appeared today. My husband wasted another whole day staying at home and waiting for collection. I am fuming with anger because the item is taking valuable space in a small living room, ready to be collected, for a week. This is a rough company. In my view, they rely on people getting stuck with unwanted items after loosing energy and will to deal with returns."
"My order of 15.10.18 value £55 arrived minus one item - a £9.99 blue bath mat - still has not turned up - even a written letter to their m.director has failed to resolve the issue - so much for customer service!"
"I placed an order with this company last weekend and have been trying to find out when it will be delivered. I have contacted them online more than once and they simply do not respond. The item was in stock and their courier has now advised that the delivery date was specified by Coopers as 2nd November, even though it was despatched on Tuesday. The service level at coopers is really poor, couriers generally deliver on a next day service. Absolutely useless!!"
"I ordered a replacement lid for my Halogen Cooker . It arrived in 2 days and is perfect . A most hassle free experience so its a 5 star from me ."
"I have avoided sending this review as I was optimistic that Coopers would "come good". I was wrong. I eventually received my order for two garden implements. The one assembled Ok and the other was difficult, since there seemed to be an item supplied wrongly. Luckily I owned an older identical item and was able to assemble it using it as a template. I found that the steering yoke was incorrectly supplied and I contacted Coopers on the 11 th Oct, sending photos of the faulty part and a photo of the part on my existing trolley. I received no reply, just an automated acknowledgement. I resent the email on the 19th - nothing. It is now the 25th Oct and I spoke to an assistant on the phone today, at my expense, who said " Oh since your email came from abroad, it probably went into our junk mail !" What an answer.. especially when I had received an automatic acknowledgement both times ! She states that she is sending out another set of instructions to me so I can identify the part. It would appear that nobody at Coopers can identify it from my photos ( which they claim to not have received) I ordered the item over a month ago and it is still unuseable. I want to support small companies - but it's difficult when they are as inept as this one"
"Exactly as it says on the tin. No nonsense essentials for us gardeners with health issues. Thank you"
"Ordered one item and have been bombarded by their catalogues ever since . Have tried to remove my details but still they keep coming. I called again this morning and I was told it would take three months to remove my details ? What a stupid company"
"Made the order Tuesday 31st July. waited till 7th August, never heard from them, so got in touch to see where my goods were. not even dispatched them at this time. this is after paying £4.99 delivery, poor system for delivery. I did receive the goods on 8th August. So it proves that until I prompted them if I would have received them at the time I did. If I'd had ordered elsewhere I would have possibly got my goods after a couple of days."
"I purchased two cushions for supporting the spine. Portable and easy to move about. Very useful for using to sit on pue in church. I am disabled so use a mobility scooter and find it helps to keep me upright and comfortable. Very pleased with purchase and quick service."
"My purchase became faulty and they replaced it immediately no questions asked."
"I purchased a chair cover. It didn’t fit. I returned it. They didn’t refund postage until I complained. Since then I have been harassed with catalogues despite several requests not to send them. I have now asked for all my details to be removed."
Coopers Of Stortford is rated 2.32 based on 225 reviews