Coopers Of Stortford Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
1 New Reviews Written
05AM
5AM

About Coopers Of Stortford: Coopers of Stortford- packed full of our most popular value-for-money offers, many of which are not available in the shops. From Cookware to Gardening Equipment, we have selected items that are all of good quality at keen prices. A family run company based on traditional ideals and values, we sell goods nationwide

11 Bridge StreetBishops Stortford

Categories:
Furniture
Gardening
Home & Garden

Tell us how Coopers Of Stortford made you happy

"Even 1 star is too much. I believe that this company relies on making it as difficult as possible for people to return unsuitable items as possible, so that people are stuck with the poor quality things which they don't want. It should have suspected it after my card was not accepted for purchasing online. Prior to that, the offer for signing up with Cooper was not accepted, even though the email stated that it was valid until midnight. I placed an order the following day, over the phone and, mysteriously, the same card was accepted. I said that the offer code didn't work online, the person on the phone said that it may be because the code was valid until midday. I read the email saying 'until midnight' to her. She said it is not acceptable over the phone. These are, in my view, first two cons, which should have signaled to me enough not to proceed with the order, but I placed my order. As soon as my husband and I opened the box and saw the item, we put it back into the box as the quality was appalling. I phoned COS and they said someone will collect the item on Thursday, 3rd day after the item was delivered. It seemed very nice & easy. However, no one came to collect it on the said day and my husband stayed at home, waiting, the whole day. I phoned COS the following day. This time the person who answered my call tried a bullying tactic when I expressed my dissatisfaction with the return procedure. She said that would collect the unwanted item as a good will gesture and that the returning item is customer's responsibility if the reason for return is 'unsuitable' item. She told me someone would come to collect it the following Tuesday (now seven days from receiving the item). Tuesday has just gone and no one appeared today. My husband wasted another whole day staying at home and waiting for collection. I am fuming with anger because the item is taking valuable space in a small living room, ready to be collected, for a week. This is a rough company. In my view, they rely on people getting stuck with unwanted items after loosing energy and will to deal with returns."
Are you Coopers Of Stortford? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Coopers Of Stortford receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"My order of 15.10.18 value £55 arrived minus one item - a £9.99 blue bath mat - still has not turned up - even a written letter to their m.director has failed to resolve the issue - so much for customer service!"
"I placed an order with this company last weekend and have been trying to find out when it will be delivered. I have contacted them online more than once and they simply do not respond. The item was in stock and their courier has now advised that the delivery date was specified by Coopers as 2nd November, even though it was despatched on Tuesday. The service level at coopers is really poor, couriers generally deliver on a next day service. Absolutely useless!!"
"I ordered a replacement lid for my Halogen Cooker . It arrived in 2 days and is perfect . A most hassle free experience so its a 5 star from me ."
"I have avoided sending this review as I was optimistic that Coopers would "come good". I was wrong. I eventually received my order for two garden implements. The one assembled Ok and the other was difficult, since there seemed to be an item supplied wrongly. Luckily I owned an older identical item and was able to assemble it using it as a template. I found that the steering yoke was incorrectly supplied and I contacted Coopers on the 11 th Oct, sending photos of the faulty part and a photo of the part on my existing trolley. I received no reply, just an automated acknowledgement. I resent the email on the 19th - nothing. It is now the 25th Oct and I spoke to an assistant on the phone today, at my expense, who said " Oh since your email came from abroad, it probably went into our junk mail !" What an answer.. especially when I had received an automatic acknowledgement both times ! She states that she is sending out another set of instructions to me so I can identify the part. It would appear that nobody at Coopers can identify it from my photos ( which they claim to not have received) I ordered the item over a month ago and it is still unuseable. I want to support small companies - but it's difficult when they are as inept as this one"
"Exactly as it says on the tin. No nonsense essentials for us gardeners with health issues. Thank you"
"Ordered one item and have been bombarded by their catalogues ever since . Have tried to remove my details but still they keep coming. I called again this morning and I was told it would take three months to remove my details ? What a stupid company"
"Made the order Tuesday 31st July. waited till 7th August, never heard from them, so got in touch to see where my goods were. not even dispatched them at this time. this is after paying £4.99 delivery, poor system for delivery. I did receive the goods on 8th August. So it proves that until I prompted them if I would have received them at the time I did. If I'd had ordered elsewhere I would have possibly got my goods after a couple of days."
"My purchase became faulty and they replaced it immediately no questions asked."
"I purchased a chair cover. It didn’t fit. I returned it. They didn’t refund postage until I complained. Since then I have been harassed with catalogues despite several requests not to send them. I have now asked for all my details to be removed."
"I have bought several solar powered items from Coopers this year. the Gutter lights only lasted a few months, the solar water lilies a few weeks and the solar lily pad fountain even less. I have told them on several occasions that these items ar no fit for purpose. Their response 'we sell thousands with a very small return rate' if it increases they will investigate further!!! I had 9 solar lilies of which only 2 are still coming on and I don't expect these to last much longer. Not a good record I would say 80% failure rate so far and will probably be 100% any day now. I have a lot of other solar lights in the garden from other sources and they've been going for over a year. Very disappointed with Coopers attitude to my complaint."
"I am still waiting for the correct order this will be the third attempt I ordered a flip phone the last delivery consisted of three sports bras but the paperwork said it was a flip phone total incompetence"
"PLACED ORDER FOR OVER £40 BUT HAD TO JUST GIVE UP THE PAGE KEPT R E TURNING TO PREVIOUS...TALK ABOUT MADDENING VEXATION TO THE SPIRIT! " AFTER NEARLY AN HOUR I GAVE UP IN DISGUST!! ""HOW TO ORDER"---JOKE!! barbara.welch134@gmail.com"
"Ordered an item from Coopers of Stortford online on Wednesday 9th May at 9.54am and within parameters for next day delivery and paid for next day delivery but didnt deliver to me Thursday 10th May and still waiting not sure what's gone on but no emails or phone calls. Bad service"
"Good quality and quick delivery"
"Have ordered from Coopers few times now and have generally been pleased with everything, however, the hanging baskets which were purchased as Christmas gift have failed to impress, they are too light and sway about in the lightest of winds and one has already began to fall apart, they were only put outside 4 days ago, considering the cost of them it is not what I would have expected, I bought four of them but don't think I'll purchase anymore."
"The majority of staff in Coopers are lovely people, cheerful and helpful, always a pleasure to visit this shop, the choice of goods is interesting and different from those in chain stores. My last visit was particularly successful- I was granted a free delivery for the plants, pots and other garden stuff, all items I chose myself and they were stored for me in the shop until delivery a few days later. A courtesy call from the courier on the day was very convenient. Could not be happier for how accommodating the staff were to my needs. Thank you!"
"The majority of staff in Coopers are lovely people, cheerful and helpful, always a pleasure to visit this shop, the choice of products is very interesting and different from high street chain stores. My last visit was particularly successful- I was granted a free delivery for the plants, pots and other garden stuff, all items I chose myself and they were stored for me in the shop until delivery a few days later. A courtesy call from the courier on the day was very convenient. Could not be happier for how accommodating the staff were to my needs. Thank you!"
"Having purchase an item that proved faulty, I phoned the company who immediately agreed to send a replacement and it was agreed I would return the faulty item in the packaging from the replacement. I waited about a fortnight and rang again to inquire as to the progress of the replacement only to be told the item was out of stock. I requested a refund and this was agreed to but after about 3 weeks this still has not shown in my bank account. I shall be contacting the company after the Christmas break with a hope that this matter can be resolved."
"I haven,t had a bad experience yet,but i was going to order from your catalogue,but the bad reviews put me off greatly,,"
Coopers Of Stortford is rated 2.34 based on 215 reviews