Coopers Of Stortford Reviews

28% of reviewers recommend Coopers Of Stortford
11AM
11AM

About Coopers Of Stortford: Coopers of Stortford- packed full of our most popular value-for-money offers, many of which are not available in the shops. From Cookware to Gardening Equipment, we have selected items that are all of good quality at keen prices. A family run company based on traditional ideals and values, we sell goods nationwide

11 Bridge StreetBishops Stortford

Categories:
Furniture
Gardening
Home & Garden

Tell us how Coopers Of Stortford made you happy

"I have dealt with coopers for many years, paying by cheque, This time however they have refused my cheque (three weeks after receiving my order) It is my habit to write Pounds as Pds on cheques which is accepted by my bank and all other banks and company’s. No reason given, which leads me to cancel my order. I wii NOT deal with this company in the future."
Are you Coopers Of Stortford? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I had to return a. Vacuum because it blew out instead of sucking up.It was replaced and I waited until my son returned from abroad to open the replacement. The same fault occurred It is useless. He suggests it I faulty wiring. I cannot afford expensive phonedalls about this, But will go through the documents tomorrow an£ return it"
"I have bought several solar powered items from Coopers this year. the Gutter lights only lasted a few months, the solar water lilies a few weeks and the solar lily pad fountain even less. I have told them on several occasions that these items ar no fit for purpose. Their response 'we sell thousands with a very small return rate' if it increases they will investigate further!!! I had 9 solar lilies of which only 2 are still coming on and I don't expect these to last much longer. Not a good record I would say 80% failure rate so far and will probably be 100% any day now. I have a lot of other solar lights in the garden from other sources and they've been going for over a year. Very disappointed with Coopers attitude to my complaint."
"Ordered an item from Coopers of Stortford online on Wednesday 9th May at 9.54am and within parameters for next day delivery and paid for next day delivery but didnt deliver to me Thursday 10th May and still waiting not sure what's gone on but no emails or phone calls. Bad service"
"Having purchase an item that proved faulty, I phoned the company who immediately agreed to send a replacement and it was agreed I would return the faulty item in the packaging from the replacement. I waited about a fortnight and rang again to inquire as to the progress of the replacement only to be told the item was out of stock. I requested a refund and this was agreed to but after about 3 weeks this still has not shown in my bank account. I shall be contacting the company after the Christmas break with a hope that this matter can be resolved."
"An item I ordered was out of stock,but I wasn’t told until I enquirer 2 weeks later"
"i bought the ceramic car heater 12volt because one review said it was a good product, and that it would clear car window from condensation, my car heaters playing up, thats why i bought the car heater, also the picture shown on website makes the car heater look bigger than it actually is. the product is a waste of money, ive thrown the car heater in the rubbish bin. to any one wonting to buy car heater from coopers please dont bother you will regret it."
"I ordered an in car digital camera from Coopers. It came with a battery that had no charge. I tried to charge it and it would hold no charge either. I phoned them up (at 7p per minute) and they agreed to send me a replacement battery. This too holds no charge. Basically it was a complete waste of money and I now have a worthless plastic box that looks like a cheap camera."
"Microwave Oven Chip Cooker cat number / E032. Having followed all instructions to cook oven chips from the freezer, I still cannot get crispy and browned chips. In fact they are quite soggy and not anything like the photograph illustrated in the catalogue."
"Bought a small vac to clean the inside of the car a little while ago and have only just used it today. It was useless picked up very little, the rubber round the brush came off and the attatchments kept coming loose from the vac. It was very noisy and got quite hot. I notice you no longer sell this item perhaps because it is not fit for purpose and I would not recommend it. Very disappointed."
"I purchased a coopers water boiler, and I am sorry to say that I am disappointed with it , I have had it for 2 weeks over the year and it has packed up, and guess what the guarantee has run out, all coopers asked is would I like to buy a replacement. Sorry I am going back to a kettle."
"We ordered a ladder with sides to hold onto for my motherinlaw, it took 3 weeks to arrive and when it came it was so heavy I couldn't lift it let alone my mother-in-law. Rang them immediatley to say I wanted to return it, they ordered a courier for a week later, but they never came...we then rang and they said the courier would call a weelk later..stayed in all day again. they didn't arrive. Just rang again, they have it that the courier called yesterday no answer...I was ironing at the front window so I know they didn't come...then they had the cheek to say they would give us 1 last chance...I will soon be charging them for wasting my time..would never order from them again!"
"Ordered a set of ceramic frying pans advertised as "suitable for all hobs". I have a Rayburn, the pans were OK the first few times used but then the ceramic was burned off and things stick worse than any other pan I have ever used. Complained to Coopers but nothing heard back from them. Have since bought a ceramic pan from John Lewis which is fine, so the problem was the quality of the pan from Coopers. Won't buy from them again."
"I purchased the instant water boiler and for the first 7 weeks it was working really well Then I went to make myself a cup of tea and it would not boil there was electricity running through it because the switch on the side was lit but when you press the switch to get hot water there was nothing the element only seems to last a short time This has not just happens to me but 2 other members of my family experienced the same problem So anyone reading this review do not buy this water boiler it's a rip off"
"The warehouse/depot needs investigating. Most items I have ordered have been damaged and one item had a large water mark when I came to assemble it. Most annoying when it is a large item to re-pack and return. This has put me off ordering any items especially large ones."
"ordered item 16th may. Still no sign and TERRIBLE tracking system!"
"bought a car cam and a sd card which cost more than the cam.worked for a week then packed up. tried everything no joy. left it on windscreen in van and thieves nicked it. cost 182 for new side window.best advice on ad was tuck in glove box.best advise i give dont buy cheap crap stuff in first place"
"Terrible customer service, staff do not seem to know what they are doing, ordered a wheeled garden sprayer, it was damaged on delivery so arranged for courier to pick it up, he picked up damaged item but knew nothing about a replacement. I called them only to be told item now out of stock. I requested a refund which they failed to do. Received a booklet through the post saying item was now in stock (this was 2 days later) I reordered item and ended up paying for two. I also ordered a set of garden tiles, buy two get one free, I am still waiting for the third. Would not buy anything again from this so called "family firm" they have no regard for their customers. I also object to there high priced phone tariff."
"Eight days after placing an order there was no sign of delivery. Contacted the company to be informed there was a stock issue but my order could now be dispatched. Took a further three days to be dispatched and reach me. Whilst my query was dealt with promptly I can’t help but feel it should never have happened in the first place. For the price delivery was very slow compared to other online retailers."
"Bought a combined floor sweeper and steam cleaner. Never worked particularly well and when it went wrong after only a couple of years they weren't remotely interested as it was out of guarantee (you wouldn't get this kind of attitude from Lakeland!) Also bought a ladies' epilator which was a complete waste of time and money. Needless to say, I shan't be using this company again."
Coopers Of Stortford is rated 2.34 based on 226 reviews