Cvmaker Reviews

of reviewers recommend Cvmaker

Tell us how Cvmaker made you happy
Avoid at all costs! I believe this company is set up to make its money from misleading and scamming people. I signed up to use the CVMAKER as a one off, and it told me it would charge me either a couple of pounds or even free for a trial, if I remember. Anyway, I only used the software once, and left it. Suddenly I recieve an email telling me the price has gone up from the couple of pounds/nothing that I was willing and had agreed to pay, to 56 pounds! For one use of their website! They claimed they I owed them 'collection fees' because I had been unable to pay the 15 extra pounds I wasn't aware I had to pay. At the very least, this was unclear - it was advertised as a one of payment. But fair enough, lots of big companies make their money from dangling free trials. In the past, however, when this has happened with Amazon, Netflix etc. When I have cancelled on the day of renewal and emailed to discuss, I have recieved my money back. Regardless, I emailed them explaining I am a poor student and simply do not have the amount of money they were asking for, but I would be willing to pay the 15 pounds. What I feel is RIDICULOUS is the 40 extra pounds they are claiming because they had to send me an automated email asking me to pay money it was unclear that I had to pay, for a single use of a software that was advertised to cost only a few pounds. That's right, they have increased my total to 56 pounds with no warning or agreement of that excess. In anyone's mind, this money should be considered utterly disproportionate to what was advertised, to my single use, and to the minimal inconvenience of them having to send out an automated email. But it doesn't end here! No, I received an Email back explaining to me that I didn't have to pay the collection fee, only the debt for the week of use that I didn't realise I had to cancel. Anyway, I try to then make this payment, which I still feel is unfair and had mislead me toward it, of 15 pounds - but I am still being asked to pay the 40 pounds that I was told I didn't have to pay! Months pass, and I send Email after Email and received no response. Then I recieve an Email threatening bailiffs if I do not pay the 56 pounds! I try to call their helpline but only recieved voicemail, and again send unanswered Emails. This company is clearly looking to exploit poor people who are desperate for work and a good CV, and make as much money off of them as they can by adding excessive and unadvertised costs for collection that is in no way difficult to the company. In spite of agreeing with me that I didn't have to pay this, I have now been threatened with bailiffs and further legal costs and have recieved no help, response, or support for the customer service team! This would partially make sense if I had used up a lot of Gas from a Gas Company and hadn't paid their bill, actually taking something away from the company, using it, and causing difficulty, but this online software is an infinite resource and my single use of it took nothing away from the company, nor did my delay in paying cause any real difficult in collection to make back money in the way a gas company would. That said, a gas company would still never charge that much in collection fees! And any decent company that is out to help the customer and be a reputable business as CVMaker.uk claim to be in their responses to countless people explaining similar problems on here, would reply to the Emails of their customers and hold to their word if they agreed to wave a fee that was agreed to be disproportionate! This company clearly has no concern for helping its customers, quite the contrary - its entire business model is set up to exploit particularly vulnerable unemployed and scare them into paying money which is unfair and disproportionate. If CVMaker.uk hold their word, drop any further legal costs/action, and wave the fee as they agreed they would - I will stand corrected and remove this review, however if not - I will keep it up to warn other young, desperate unemployed people like me to not risk using this dangerous and exploitative company.
I requested 1 CV for a single payment of 2.95 and then a week later they charge me to my VISA card 14.95 for a monthly subscription that I am sure I did not request. I tried to contact them and they don't respond. My money has already been taken and from what I see many more people have been caught out. Something must be done ...
Cvmaker is rated 1.00 based on 2 reviews