Admiral Reviews

of reviewers recommend Admiral

Tell us how Admiral made you happy
Very poor online service. All the time problems with the flow of information.
Admiral increased my annual premium on multicar insurance from £800 to £1100 following a claim on the windscreen insurance when Autoglass failed to replace the glass and I ended up arranging replacement glass at my cost after Admiral reneged on the contract. In short, they increased my insurance because I didn't make any claim that cost them anything. They sell insurance but then fail to honour contract when a claim is made, then for good measure, increase your premium.
Admiral Customer ran into my parked car and I am out of pocket having to replace my vehicle which was in perfect condition and well maintained. Admiral customer was driving an Automatic Nissan Quashqai which she had just recently purchased and was inexperienced in it and was also driving with bare feet and flip flops, yet they feel I am due nothing for my stress, anxiety and inconvenience. DO NOT GET CAR INSURANCE THROUGH THIS COMPANY. WOULD NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A BARGEPOLE.
I missed Nov payment. I assumed they would take double today but no payment came out so I rang them.
After 20 years being with Admiral they cancelled my policy with no warning!
I got abit upset on the phone, they told me I lost the right to pay monthly & only full payment was possible. I explained I could not afford to do it this way, her reply to me was it looks like you will need to look elsewere have a good day!
In the whole 20 years of being with Admiral I've never experienced this attitude before.
Within the hour I joined AXA for half the price!
Worst customer service & couldnt cancel renewal as wouldn't answer phones. They tried to charge me £80 for this. Excactly the same thing happened to my friend as he was with admiral. I went with esure insurance instead. Admiral have no customer loyalty. The tv adverts give an impression of professional service. Such rubbish.
Have received absolutely appalling service with Admiral ! Left at the road side for hours. Cancelled our insurance and got assured of no outstanding charges. Months later get harassed for money and then threatened with bad credit and bailiffs ! They have stolen money from us for a service they have not provided ! Avoid this company !
When you call in you are told a one minute wait, when you check online they state maybe up too one hour. They automatically turn any policy into an automatic renew, without informing the customer clearly (hidden 't in the terms and condition) then they charge fees for their dishonesty in trying to charge your card and make out you are being unreasonable. Really unpleasant customer service department, however they back down really quickly when you question their position. just a plain con outfit, beware and avoid,
Cannot speak to anyone, the call just cuts off. The customer login portal is not available so you are directed to their telephone line when you are instantly cut off once you have gone through various menus.
This is the worst car insurance company I have every used. There excuse that 'due to covid' is unacceptable some 10 months into the pandemic, there is no excuse for not having upgraded the customer login to allow all changes to take place at no cost to the customer. If they are unable to answer the phone they need to ensure their website enables customers to make all changes via this as they clearly do not want to speak to customers. No we won't be renewing with Admiral.
Unhelpful and they only want to make money off you every way they can, there’s no loyalty for customers.
I just change my driving license ie provisional to uk full licence they are asking 900 pound extra for updating licence.i have very bad experiences. For address changing they are asking300pound.for cancellation they are asking 166pound.
This year during the first lock down, I decided not to re-new my policy, so rang up and waited on the phone for 50 mins and was told my policy wouldn’t be re-newed, however they renewed it and and have been asking for cancellation fee and additional charges, I have emailed many times which admiral stopped responding to after I asked them to check there phone records, Ive still heard nothing back, now all I get is letters to say they will send debt collectors, so I have paid the balance off now, only because I know the scumbags will keep adding additional charges. Keep away from this robbing insurance company!!
After spending just over 2 and a half hours on the phone, giving my details then being passed to someone else, then the same again and again and again I said I'm not doing this anymore and the female at the other end said "I'm sorry your having a bad day", how dare she. We also had a quote off 344 but by the time we got on the phone it was 440. We've used admiral before and paid 327, our details have improved since then and our reward was to have an increase on renewal and a massive increase when looking for new insurance on a second smaller car. Like the government, insurance company's treat car owners as a soft touch (easy money)
Using covid as an excuse to not answer their phones - funny disgraceful for an insurer of their size.
Making a claim has been awful. Disgusting customer service and expected to claim back excess from a no fault claim myself. Waiting for payment and no reply to contact emails.. Disgusting will be changing insurer at first opportunity
Scammers. Nothing more, nothing less.
Whoever read this:
DO NOT FALL FOR THE “LITTLEBOX PLUG AND DRIVE” DISCOUNT SCAM THEY OFFER YOU AS YOU ARRANGE AN INSURANCE WITH THEM.
You will subsequently receive a communication that it has allegedly “failed to be installed in your vehicle”, and of course you will be charged every extra penny + £25 for good measure.
I am making sure that this trick will cost those scammers more than what they stole from me.
I'd give minus 100 if I could. They hit you with hidden charges during the year after I gave them a chance and renewed after I found cheaper. Go look on a comparison website as they are the worst. Gave them far more money than they deserved. the WORST company for car insurance.
Rip off merchants
Cancelled my insurance have been driving around with no insurance and with no notification from them that it has been only found out when I logged into my account . Advised they have not received documents which I sent and have verification they have been received also spoke with representative on the 19/10 . I’ve have the most stressful weekend havnt been able to drive my car since and no real reason why the insurance has been cancelled premiums have all been received. Have been advised by admiral to buy temporary cover until customer assurance looks into it. Do u use this company .
Some words of warning for anyone thinking of using Admiral for home / contents insurance:

As a loyal customer, with no claim history, I have seen their policy increase in cost by 262% since 2017, a period of just over three years.

We decided to make a claim for damage to a TV and carpets after a near-fatal bleed, so filled in the relevant online documentation. We have recieved no guidance on how to proceed without having to constantly push and ask for information, which has been vague at best.

E-mail responses are currently taking in excess of three days to answer.
Telephone calls to their claims lines are 0333 numbers costing 12p/minute on VirginMedia landline. They are currently taking in excess of an hour to answer every call - that's £7.20 each time we call and we have been frequently cut off by their telephone system just seconds after getting to speak to an operator.

We have a new-for-old policy with full accidental damage cover and wanted to replace a 4-year-old curved damaged Samsung TV, which is no longer available and originally cost £799.99, ourselves. Admiral want us to either take a model we do not want, or accept just £450 towards the cost of a replacement.

Thanks Admiral - a very reassuring and compassionate service - As your adverts claim 'Always looking out for the customer' & 'Insurance for your home that you can trust'.
Appalling excuse of an insurance company.
They do no even deserve the one star and I would put 0 if possible.
They will instigate claims from nowhere and leave them open on your policy if you mention anything to them including if no claim is even made.
Best way to describe this amateur company is legal con artists.
Do not insure with admiral there are plenty of better alternatives.
Rather than protect you they will do anything in their power to make your premiums go up and are not reasonable people in the slightest.
There are many reviews on here about how bad there services are and this needs to be recognised, and it needs to be reported to financial ombudsman as I will be doing if this is not resolved.
Disgusting behaviour from this company.
Admiral is rated 2.89 based on 1,138 reviews