Admiral Reviews

of reviewers recommend Admiral

Tell us how Admiral made you happy
after being a loyal customer for 2 years they still offered me the worst possible car insurance deal.
The renewal price is so much higher than if u spend 3 minutes looking on confused, they pray on people just renewing without checking.. very disappointing how they get away with it
Had a policy for a short time paid annual premium but cancelled after 6 weeks as I bought a brand newer truck and part exchanged the one I insured with Admiral, had to pay a massive £50 admin fee and received a part refund. It turned out it was cheaper to completely re-insure for a complete year with another insurer and take the admin fee hit than to transfer my new truck to my existing policy with Admiral, they dropped the ball on that big time poor show!
Very disappointed after being a customer of Admiral for many years with no claims that they were unable to provide a competative renewal price this year.
Really organized company and very good customer service, but they provide really expensive insurance. When i was looking for perfect home , i made insurance for me and my girlfriend, when we changed our address, they charged us with 400£ . I think that , this company is worst insurance company . At the same time my other car , which is big GT coupe , i was using Hastings Direct , and the address was changed as well . They gave me 127£ discount. That happen in the same time , so i think that the Admiral have unacceptable services. So in my opinion even if they are giving you cheaper price, pick something else.
I emailed for autorenewal to be stopped two weeks ago and got an automated email receipt. An email came today to say that they could not collect the payment
and would try again (good thing they had old payment details!). I webchatted and the staff member decided I needed a quote to beat the house insurance I had taken out with another company weeks ago. He proceeded with the new quote even though I said I didn't want one. I asked a number of times to cancel my policy which really got my back up. There's peristance to keep customers and then it just becomes disrespectful and you're not listening to us. I dont think I could have been any clearer in my instruction. Please don't annoy your customers!
I'm not saying some other insurance companies are not similar but recently cancelled one car form a Multicar Policy with Admiral that ran for less than two months. It was one of 4 cars costing only £180 to insure and they charged £30 to cancel it.
In the conversation I also discovered it was only an average of around £2 per policy discount for Multicar so I would strongly recommend all to shop around for individual policies as I imagined the discount to be far higher than a mere £2.
One disillusioned sole.
I’ve been with them for a number of years and they upped my insurance by£60
- make sure you read the terms and conditions (as boring as they are) because they will exploit any legal ways to charge you extra. I was charged £100 cancellation fee because i ticked that i would agree for a renewal (annual) even if i couldn't be contacted - the bank didn't approve their request because i didn't approve it and Admiral didn't think to call me to let me know. Lessons learnt, moved on to another company.
Agreed to take out admiral insurance on my BMW 6 series a year ago as my annual mileage has dropped to 4000. The charge was cheap as I agreed to Telematics in exchange for low premium. Bad Choice! I have paid out more than the cost of Insurance, as I drove my car to the Garage several times when my on board computer, each time, warned me of imminent mechanical failure of one sort or other. Complained to Admiral several times but they sent a Technician out once only when they learnt I had planned to terminate the obnoxious Telematics. The last straw was last December, when my battery went dead! BMW Garages later told me that, Telematics has always interfered with the electronics of BMW 6 Series as well being an enormous drain on the battery! Admiral did not warn me!
Not at all,,very frustrating when simply frying to switch insurance from one car to another.
They "auto renew" your policy and the effectively blackmail you into ringing them to cancel.

If you cannot cancel online then you should not be allowed to buy online
They went head and renewed my car insurance without contracting me about it and it was a lot more than a was they when a wanted to cancel they wouldn't just accept a wasn't happy and never sent me the correct paper work my no claims for my proof of no claims just hassle to get it sorted
Beware of Admiral car insurance where find out after we had purchase car insurance it was only for 10 months not 12 months after which they sent through a renewal notice again for 10 months. I ever seen this before with any other company.
I wish I had never changed! Trying to talk to anyone is impossible. Good luck trying to call them!
Trying to sort a policy renewal out for my mother due to a bereavement. Took ages, things were supposed to be altered when I phoned previously but weren't. The person who eventually sold me the new home policy was very good but the rest was poor.
Paid my years insurance in full then they loaded up my insurance for a accident but I never had they said if I cancel the insurance I would only get half my money back so I had to pay another 250 pounds
(Van Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
They do not care about the customer, not listen and they lie people what to do after something happen. They don't want to solve the problem.
Website is awful doesn't work at all all the policy dates are wrong etc etc
Would never use them again very poor
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago