Admiral Reviews

of reviewers recommend Admiral

Tell us how Admiral made you happy
I am an employee of Admiral. You're all right - avoid this company like the plague! They do rate on speed/driver awareness courses. They also rate on you very harshly if you're involved in a non-fault accident. They say it's your fault for being out when it's busy!

Renewals is a huge joke. They up your premiums around 40% every year, and set up auto renewal, hoping you will forget about it being due, and they will charge you the ridiculous amount. Call in and we will give you some discounts, but it will never be lower than last year. Don't buy the car hire, or personal injury or breakdown cover. You will NOT get a hire car, and they will fight you on every injury claim. The breakdown is ok, but very expensive.

Admiral is changing their computer systems, and it is very expensive. That's why you pay higher rates. Avoid Elephant, Diamond and Bell also. Their house insurance is terrible also. All of the employees on the phones hate their jobs and how they are treated. They're soon moving everything to India anyhow. Do yourself a favour and avoid these companies. Take it from someone on the inside! You don't want to deal with these people!
My car was in an accident while parked, the 3rd party was to blame and I have been waiting 3 months, so far, for admiral to, apparently, retrieve the police report. They have so far been no help and my insurance will no doubt have a mark against it for the rest of my driving career. They make no effort to contact me regarding this matter, my car is still damaged.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
The renewal price is so much higher than if u spend 3 minutes looking on confused, they pray on people just renewing without checking.. very disappointing how they get away with it
After a very miner accident, i have now been without my vehicle for 3 months!!! It has been 'repaired', which was too a poor standard. It then went BACK to the garage to have their work corrected. It came back to me with work still too a poor standard and with things still NOT DONE. My vehicle is now with a different approved garage.
An 'independant' engineer has been to view the damage and unfinished work 4 times now. Not too independant though! They are definitely on Admirals payroll.

2 complaints later and one being prepared for the Ombudsman, I am still without my van!!!!
Admiral are the worst insurance company ever. I have only been with them a few months but have the worst experience ever!!!!!!!!! At the start of the year i was involved in a non fault car crash, in which my car was then taken by admiral. I was first told the car was a write off, a few days later I was given a phone call to say that my car was actually in a state to be repaired. in that I was sent an email notifying me that my car was in a local garage. Straight away i called them to get an estimated date in which my car would be fixed. To only be told by the garage that my car was not there. i called admiral several times to find out what was going on in which no one could give me a straight answer. A few days later, i was notified by them that the garage was too busy to fix my car and that they was sending my car to another garage ( which had nothing but bad reviews ) to fix my car. Due to the back and forth, i was not given a curtsey car and was then made to catch public transport. When my car finally arrived at the second garage at the end of April, i was then told the garage did not have any curtesy cars available, in which admiral hired a vehicle out from a rental company ( a kind deed ). I waited for months and months ( Back and Forth Calling ) for a date in which my car would be fixed but nor admiral or the garage was able to tell me. In this , I notified both that i would be going on a long term holiday in July ( 4 MONTHS AFTER MY CAR WAS TAKEN IN FOR REPAIR ) and that the car would need to be ready before then( bearing in mind the only damage to the car was to the left hand side ). I had raised two complaints in this process in which admiral give me £200 for the inconvenience ( even though i pay £160 insurance per month ).

SO, the day before I was going on holiday received a call from the garage to say my car was ready !!!!!!!! ( 4 months down the line ) !!!!!!!!!!! Even though a week before i had been calling them to remind them i was going away. At this point i was fuming, but told them I could collect the car as soon as I got back. It was only then the rental car company called me instructing they needed to pick up the car. in this, it was arranged 4 times with family members that they would come and collect the car in which they failed to collect the car on ALL OCCASIONS

THEN, to make it worse, as soon as I got back off holiday i received a call from the rental company saying they need to come and collect the car asap as my insurance company have stopped the payments (WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME OR ARRANGING FOR MY CAR TO BE DELIVERED). I then called the garage, to find out when they was able to deliver my car and was told they were to busy, so i would have to wait until next week. I then called admiral straight after this to ask them to reinstate the payments as i would be without a car, to only be told by staff and supervisors that they will not be doing this because I have had the car for too long(out of no fault of my own) and if i do not give the car back today the outstanding payments will have to be made by myself !!!!!!!!! That same day, the rental company collected the car leaving me with no car until mine is delivered.
Oh and i forgot to mention, after all this inconvenience i am still required to pay my full £550 excess.

IT HAS NOW BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE SOMEONE CRASHED INTO ME AND I AM STILL WITHOUT A CAR, EVEN THOGUH I AM THE ONE WHO HAS BEEN DOING ALL THE CHASING UP. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT GO WITH ADMIRAL. !!!!!!!!
Note to all the U.K. Doctors; friends and colleagues:
If you have a car insurance with little box dashboard provided by Admiral, you'll be classified as 'bad drivers' if you drive overnight; i.e if you are on call and you need to respond to an emergency, your driving rating will go down!

Not only are we responding to life saving calls and having to operate overnight, but also we're getting penalized for that.

A ridiculous company that I don't recommend to my worst enemies.

Paying a fortune monthly to be told that 'Mr Littlebox Dashboard' is sensitive to overnight driving ...

I have been with this company for two years having had no claims. I'm 35 and have never been involved with a car accident.

Now they've lost me as a customer forever!
Admiral Insurance should be ashamed of …

Admiral Insurance should be ashamed of their underhand tactics. They have broken any trust I thought I had their company. Their insured driver Michael Wheeler killed my beautiful daughter Sophie Taylor and she will never ever be replaced. Admiral, David Stevens CEO and the whole company ADMIRAL INSURANCE voided the policy AFTER the policy holder Wheeler was convicted of causing the death of my beautiful daughter so you wouldn't have to pay out. I cannot believe Admiral would stoop so low to do this!!!!!!! Please please please do not take out insurance with admiral as if if you have an accident don't be 100% certain you'll insured. It's all money and games with them.
#brokenpromises #shameonyou #admiralinsurance
#takeresponsibility
This company cannot stick to dates. Apparently they would apply for my payment within 7 days, this was 16th Sept. The payment was attempted on 27th. Somebody needs to help these guys out with maths and the Gregorian calendar because when I went to school, 16+7=23. So it should of been 4 days earlier.
Now I'm expected to cough up the remainder of my premium in one lump, all because they can't count!
I worked for five years in Admiral's claims department. I left because I couldn't sand the levels of hypocrisy and pseudo customer care. All they cared for is paying out to third party claimants in order to reduce their level of corporate risk. Managers are only concerned about their own career progression and are simply not equipped to deal with the real issues. They are mostly in their twenties and have no real life experience, recruited off the streets with no business acumen ... in fact, I witnessed their ruthless cull of intelligent, educated, experienced personnel who dared speak up.
SLY!!!

Purchased insurance through confused.com. All good until I had letters informing me they wanted an extra £70 for me and my partners speed awareness course. They go back 5 years! How ever on confused it does not say anything about these courses being a conviction it's only when your in the contract they advice you you need to tell them about this. When you try to cancel they then want to charge you a 25 pound fee.

Stay away if you have had one of these courses they will slyly add on a premium if you go through a third party comparison site.
Admiral Customer ran into my parked car and I am out of pocket having to replace my vehicle which was in perfect condition and well maintained. Admiral customer was driving an Automatic Nissan Quashqai which she had just recently purchased and was inexperienced in it and was also driving with bare feet and flip flops, yet they feel I am due nothing for my stress, anxiety and inconvenience. DO NOT GET CAR INSURANCE THROUGH THIS COMPANY. WOULD NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A BARGEPOLE.
With the current worldwide situation Cv19.
Admiral have absolutely no morals or decency, charged me £49 to cancel my car insurance, asked them waive the fee and they point bank said no. I never missed a monthly payment or made a claim. Will never use them ever again, disgusting company, thanks for the help admiral.
I've been with Admiral for a year with…
I've been with Admiral for a year with no issues paying £1,300 for the cover. Just today we have found that they taken out £2,300 from our account with no warning, no prior notice, and no renewal documents.

There hasn't been a single claim, and we don't have a box on the car so i'm not sure how they feel the risk on this insurance has almost doubled in 12 months! Then to make matters worse have the scurrilous and predatory tactics to steal money from you account after picking out an inflated rate from thin air.

You call them up to resolve this scam, and you're met with an automated messaged saying that due to coronavirus, that wait times will be over 1 hour!

We will be cancelling the policy.
We will be getting our money back.
We will be warning people to stay away from Admiral at all costs.
Admiral has been my first insurance in the UK. Following an accident, I filed a claim to have my car repaired. I gave them video evidence that the other car was driving without due care, but they wouldn't even look at it and decided I was fully liable. They booked me a garage appointment for after a week, during which I was driving my car. After dropping the car and getting the courtesy car, it took the garage another WEEK to get a repair estimate. I complained to Admiral but they wouldn't bother. I never got the estimate but I did get a call from Admiral about my car being a total loss and unroadworthy. I had to chase them to get the repair quote, which never had any info about the individual costs or the engineer's report. I then had to request any info about myself and my property under GDPR rules. Even then, the engineer's report was seriously lacking, with limited comments about the required repairs and no justification about the write off. They valued the car at £4300 and the repairs at £3700. I gave them another repair quote at £2400. Still a total loss. I argued that the car is worth at least £5000, gave them ads from autotrader of the same car, they couldnt care less! I had to get an independent assessor to get a valuation of my car at £5000, with a glass guide price of £5200!!! I offered alternative arrangements, including cancelling the claim, Cash In Lieu agreement, contract repair, me covering part of the repair cost, proof that the garage over-inflated the price. They COULDN'T CARE LESS, didn't even comment on this. I underlined the fact that the car was NOT a total loss but a CONSTRUCTIVE total loss, they don't care. I argued that NOWHERE on my policy they define what "not economical to repair" is, which means that by default definition option A is more economical than option B when cost A < cost B. They said they don't disclose this information or the repair to value ratio, which could be considered unfair terms and conditions. In this matter I believe they are in breach of their contract and I will be taking the matter further with the financial ombudsman. I am now 3 weeks without a car, my car is parked outside yet Im not allowed to drive it since Admiral believes it is unroadworthy and I can't repair it because they haven't agreed on repairs.
Terrible. My partner was hit in the back of her car by an idiot who is denying liability. He has intimidated her, followed her to her workplace and she is going through extreme stress because he is lying and saying its a non contact inncident, and also committing insurance fraud with you. - Luckily there is a witness. If you contact the witness you will find what my partner is saying is true. Disgusting how the victim of the accident is made to feel like the problem by the emails she receives from the insurance company. Get it sorted out Admiral. My family does not need or deserve this. I went with you once. Will I come to you for insurance based on this in the future?
Awful company,, full of thieves , lost my car for a theft and all i can get from its price 950 is 351 after deductions and excesses .
In the process of having a no fault claim. The 3rd party is insured with AXA. I'm with Admiral (though wont be for much longer). Admiral have firstly refused me a hire car (even through the 3rd party). Now they are offering me £3000 max for a car valued at circa £5000. They refuse to negotiate despite being given evidence to the contrary. So I am left with no option other than the ombudsman. Similarly they have put my premium up £180 and are trying to charge £350 excess. Bearing in mind that this is a no fault claim that will be paid by AXA. They even tried to charege me anoher £20 to shift my no protected claims onto another car post accident. After that the premium on the car that went from 1 years NCB to 23 years NCB's premium didnt go down!! How does that work?! Do yourself a favour and avoid Admiral next time you renew. I thought that they were a professional outfit and now that I am in the process of a claim I know that they are not. They only have 1 star because none wasnt an option.
Simply terrible. They just want every penny out of you possible. My insurance for a 2008 golf ended up being £2.5K - despite my 6 years no claims, when confused.com are quoting me (as I'm at renewal) less than £1.3K for a new sports car.
And if you need to cancel your policy before the end of its term, they charge you a hefty administration fee.

They also increase your policy every time you move address - giving you a reason of 'you're in a higher risk area', which is extremely funny because I ended up moving back to my initial address 6 weeks later and they increased my premium again telling me the same thing - that the area is higher risk ... which leads me to suspect there are no algorithms detecting higher risk areas, and that they simply increase your premium by default every time you move.
Admiral are dishonest, unprofessional and unfit. FCA should remove their licence immediately.
My daughter took out insurance with Admiral in August 2017. She had just passed her test and went for an insurance policy which involved a telematics “black box” being installed in her car as this kept the cost down. One of the stated benefits of this was that it would help clarify fault claims in the event of accidents. The box was fitted incorrectly by Admiral initially - a fault they only picked up after several weeks although it was put right eventually. In June 2018 they kept calling her about an accident that had been reported to them by a Direct Line customer who had indicated my daughter’s car as having caused the accident. In fact, the car was not driven on the day in question, a fact she verified by sending in a statement from her boss, who was on a 48-hour shift with her at a residential facility for children, making clear that she did not leave the premises on the day the accident was said to have taken place. She also asked them - on many occasions - to check the telematics data which would have proved her non-involvement but they kept on refusing on the (bizarre) grounds of “data protection”. They did not accept her employer’s evidence as proof, an independent inspection proved - according to them - “inconclusive” and they would not check the telematics data. Consequently, the case remained open with no evidence that Admiral were doing anything to resolve it despite repeated requests. I had paid for the insurance on my credit card initially and, when checking my statement, was shocked to discover Admiral had taken nearly £2500 out of my account without asking either my permission or my daughter’s, or even alerting us to their intention to do so. They admitted this was an “error” and refunded the money but told my daughter she would have to pay this sum up front to renew her insurance as they wanted a large deposit against the claim being settled against her. She did not have such a sum and she needed a car for her job. Because of the outstanding claim no one would insure her either at all or only for a huge sum so she had to take out a series of one-month temporary policies costing on average £200 a month while battling with Admiral to sort this out. EIGHT MONTHS later, after her latest complaint (and having paid about £2000 in temp insurance) the complaints guy from Admiral called and asked why no one had checked the telematics data. WHY INDEED? He did so and within a couple of minutes confirmed that the car had been stationary throughout the period this accident was meant to have occurred and said they would remove the unresolved claim from their data. She took out a policy with RAC but after a couple of weeks they cancelled it because they had received data from Admiral still showing this outstanding claim they said they had removed. Because of the policy cancellation (and despite Admiral contacting them to confirm their error) they quoted her a much higher price to start a new policy. She went elsewhere - and exactly the same thing happened because of Admiral’s failure to remove the data in a timely fashion. Following the unequivocal evidence provided by the telematics data that she had no involvement in this supposed incident they sent her a cheque for £300 and said the matter was closed - no negotiation, no offer to discuss the matter, just washed their hands. Being about 15% of the amount she was forced to pay for temporary insurance because of their appalling service, and taking into account their unauthorised raid on my credit card to the tune of a few thousand pounds, this was paltry enough. To add insult to injury they have refused to offer even an apology for the wrong information being given to other insurers let alone any compensation. My daughter now works for a charity located in the depths of the countryside with no public transport links and is totally dependent on her car for work. Due to Admiral’s negligence she was left stranded there without insurance after the new insurer cancelled with immediate effect - not once but twice. All attempts to sort out the dubious claim against her and all subsequent matters have been met by Admiral with disinterest, inaction, incompetence and evasion. This is truly shocking behaviour by a company which clearly cares nothing for the plight of its customers. My advice - avoid the hassle, stress and expense and go elsewhere.
Admiral is rated 2.88 based on 1,137 reviews