Admiral Reviews

of reviewers recommend Admiral

Tell us how Admiral made you happy
I requested contact from the renewal team and was promptly contacted by Admiral representative Tara. She was outstanding. Very professional, polite, tolerant and understanding of my requirements. Tara is an asset to Admiral and I agreed to renew my multi policy partly due to the service provided by Tara.
Very poor online service. All the time problems with the flow of information.
Very good
Really good communication. The best option. Very easy.
Admiral increased my annual premium on multicar insurance from £800 to £1100 following a claim on the windscreen insurance when Autoglass failed to replace the glass and I ended up arranging replacement glass at my cost after Admiral reneged on the contract. In short, they increased my insurance because I didn't make any claim that cost them anything. They sell insurance but then fail to honour contract when a claim is made, then for good measure, increase your premium.
Admiral Customer ran into my parked car and I am out of pocket having to replace my vehicle which was in perfect condition and well maintained. Admiral customer was driving an Automatic Nissan Quashqai which she had just recently purchased and was inexperienced in it and was also driving with bare feet and flip flops, yet they feel I am due nothing for my stress, anxiety and inconvenience. DO NOT GET CAR INSURANCE THROUGH THIS COMPANY. WOULD NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A BARGEPOLE.
I missed Nov payment. I assumed they would take double today but no payment came out so I rang them.
After 20 years being with Admiral they cancelled my policy with no warning!
I got abit upset on the phone, they told me I lost the right to pay monthly & only full payment was possible. I explained I could not afford to do it this way, her reply to me was it looks like you will need to look elsewere have a good day!
In the whole 20 years of being with Admiral I've never experienced this attitude before.
Within the hour I joined AXA for half the price!
Worst customer service & couldnt cancel renewal as wouldn't answer phones. They tried to charge me £80 for this. Excactly the same thing happened to my friend as he was with admiral. I went with esure insurance instead. Admiral have no customer loyalty. The tv adverts give an impression of professional service. Such rubbish.
Very efficient again Iv been with admiral in the past very helpful when querying anything
Have received absolutely appalling service with Admiral ! Left at the road side for hours. Cancelled our insurance and got assured of no outstanding charges. Months later get harassed for money and then threatened with bad credit and bailiffs ! They have stolen money from us for a service they have not provided ! Avoid this company !
after being a loyal customer for 2 years they still offered me the worst possible car insurance deal.
Much cheaper quote
When you call in you are told a one minute wait, when you check online they state maybe up too one hour. They automatically turn any policy into an automatic renew, without informing the customer clearly (hidden 't in the terms and condition) then they charge fees for their dishonesty in trying to charge your card and make out you are being unreasonable. Really unpleasant customer service department, however they back down really quickly when you question their position. just a plain con outfit, beware and avoid,
Cannot speak to anyone, the call just cuts off. The customer login portal is not available so you are directed to their telephone line when you are instantly cut off once you have gone through various menus.
This is the worst car insurance company I have every used. There excuse that 'due to covid' is unacceptable some 10 months into the pandemic, there is no excuse for not having upgraded the customer login to allow all changes to take place at no cost to the customer. If they are unable to answer the phone they need to ensure their website enables customers to make all changes via this as they clearly do not want to speak to customers. No we won't be renewing with Admiral.
Unhelpful and they only want to make money off you every way they can, there’s no loyalty for customers.
I just change my driving license ie provisional to uk full licence they are asking 900 pound extra for updating licence.i have very bad experiences. For address changing they are asking300pound.for cancellation they are asking 166pound.
This year during the first lock down, I decided not to re-new my policy, so rang up and waited on the phone for 50 mins and was told my policy wouldn’t be re-newed, however they renewed it and and have been asking for cancellation fee and additional charges, I have emailed many times which admiral stopped responding to after I asked them to check there phone records, Ive still heard nothing back, now all I get is letters to say they will send debt collectors, so I have paid the balance off now, only because I know the scumbags will keep adding additional charges. Keep away from this robbing insurance company!!
After spending just over 2 and a half hours on the phone, giving my details then being passed to someone else, then the same again and again and again I said I'm not doing this anymore and the female at the other end said "I'm sorry your having a bad day", how dare she. We also had a quote off 344 but by the time we got on the phone it was 440. We've used admiral before and paid 327, our details have improved since then and our reward was to have an increase on renewal and a massive increase when looking for new insurance on a second smaller car. Like the government, insurance company's treat car owners as a soft touch (easy money)
Excellent service and value for money products
Using covid as an excuse to not answer their phones - funny disgraceful for an insurer of their size.
Admiral is rated 2.89 based on 1,138 reviews